MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: On Tour Saturday, 27th July 2014[/CENTER] Lauren Easter vs. Tracy Brendon[/B] Easter is a pretty old-school wrestler, all things considered, with a little flash but a great deal of substance to her game. A match against the relentlessly tricky Tracy Brendon made for an interesting tale, then, with the two matching their separate wiles to see who would be more effective. In the end, Easter picked up the win with a Figure Four Leglock. Winner: Lauren Easter (D+) * After the bell Easter took up the mic and announced that with her best friend holding the Women’s title, she had the time free to do other things – and that included slapping down too much arrogance on the part of Tracy Brendon and her friends. * [B]Divine Intervention (2pts) vs. The Second Sons (0pts)[/B] The dissension between the Sons has grown to near-breaking point, it seems, which means that the young duo of Phil Jerome and Quentin Queen had a relatively easy time picking them apart, using teamwork against the barely-communicating Sons before Antonio was caught in a Path To Redemption as Queen scored the win that guaranteed his side a title shot next Friday on Nationwide! Winners: Divine Intervention (E+, 3pts) * Dirty Elite were shown backstage, downing longnecks and working on their motorbikes. When a backstage worker pointed out that it was time for their match, Thrash grabbed the luckless staffer and pitched him into a dumpster, before putting the finishing touches to his replacement exhaust with a welding torch. * [B]The Canadian Blondes (0pts) vs. Dirty Elite (2pts)[/B] In this match the Blondes and Elites both displayed excellent teamwork, bolstered by their years of experience alongside one another. It made for a much more even contest, but the Blondes couldn’t find a way of wearing the Dirties down enough to put them away, and eventually Flash Savage was blasted with a Dirty Bomb to move the Elite duo into contention for a title shot as well. Winners: Dirty Elite (D-, 3pts) * The lights dimmed, the spotlight slashed through the darkness, and Scythe stood at the top of the ramp. The huge, masked man made his eerie entrance to the ring, his expression unmoving as creaky Gothic music groaned in the background. * [B]Jared Johnson vs. Scythe[/B] Unlike previous matches, Scythe seemed to have his hands full in this contest. Johnson was cagey in his approach, testing the masked giant for weak points before committing himself to an attack on his foe’s arms. Johnson’s strategy seemed to be to weaken Scythe’s grip and blunt his powerful offence, but as much work as he put into it, Sycthe was eventually able to shrug him off and blitz him, not noticeably slowed, before putting him away with an Underworld Spike. Winner: Scythe (D-) * We were at boiling point once more, as Brooke Tyler and Amber Allen were found backstage, arguing with Sara Marie York and Ashley Grover, mocking their recent lack of success. Tyler pointed out her intention to challenge J-Ro for the Women’s title at the next pay-per-view, but York said that she was willing to put a dent in her credentials by beating her there and then! * [B]Sara Marie York and Ashley Grover vs. Brooke Tyler and Amber Allen[/B] This was a short match, with each competitor getting their chance to shine. The main conflict existed between Tyler and York, but it was Grover who won the match, pinning Allen after a Chicago Hope. Winners: York and Grover (E+) * Davis Wayne Newton was on a tear backstage, confronting anyone who looked at him and challenging them to doubt his ability. Amazing Fire Fly was chilling out, eating grapes and reading a copy of [I]Pro Wrestling Hits[/I]. Newton took offence to this – [I]PWH[/I] had never recognised his greatness, and therefore he was going to give one more example of it by beating Fly black and blue! * [B]Amazing Fire Fly vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/B] This was one of Fly’s best outings for a while as he found himself up against an opponent able to adapt to everything Fly threw at him. It made for an enthralling match, with Fly becoming more and more reckless in his assaults, until finally he overstretched and crashed and burned. Newton, who had been absorbing the attacks while launching a few counter-attacks of his own, swiftly snared his masked foe with a Fisherman’s Suplex for the win. Winner: Davis Wayne Newton (C-) * Sean Deeley applauded his colleague’s success, and called out Gino Montero. He stated that Newton had a shot at the All Action title next Nationwide, but in the meantime he wanted to give his younger colleague an example of taking your chances by beating Montero for that title there and then – by submission, although he’d take a win as well. Montero blew off the chance of Deeley winning, but accepted the match. * [B]Gino Montero (c) vs. Sean Deeley[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] This was a sterling match between two of our best all-round workers, with both men giving their all and showing a wide variety of skill. Deeley nearly had the match won with a vicious-looking chokehold at one point, but Montero was able to muscle out and shortly after hit the Montero Press for a successful defence of the title. Winner: Gino Montero (C) [B]Overall: C-[/B] * Experimentation during the month saw our losses drop to $50,000 – a 30% fall on June’s losses. During August we’ll be negotiating a new deal. We’re now big enough, I think, to warrant more exposure on a bigger network. Pulling in less than a thousand people to watch us on Arcadia 2 just isn’t good enough. Given the fruitcake way that the TV companies work, we may have to drop our current deal a show or two early, losing out on the advert income but also the show production costs. It’s a hell of a way to run a railroad. Our current schedule stands as follows: 5th – Great Lakes – Nationwide – 2,000 seat venue 6th – Mid Atlantic – On Tour – 5,000 seat venue 12th – South East – Nationwide – 2,000 seat venue 13th – Great Lakes – On Tour – 5,000 seat venue 15th – Mid Atlantic – Pay Per View – 5,000 seat venue 19th – South East – Nationwide – 2,000 seat venue 20th – Great Lakes – On Tour – 5,000 seat venue 26th – Mid Atlantic – Nationwide – 2,000 seat venue 27th – South East – On Tour – 2,000 seat venue We think we can maintain that. The last On Tour of the month always takes an attendance drop, and we’ll see if the third does as well. Even so, four 5,000 attendances should help fill the coffers. Meanwhile, popularity continues to rise elsewhere in the US with the pay-per-view dollars actually spread fairly evenly throughout the country, suggesting that the TV ratings would shoot up if we could get a decent time slot on a bigger network. Which, in turn, would hopefully lead to more advert income. A man can dream, right? * For the last while the NOTBPW pencil has been in the hands of Peter Michaels and Larry Wood. It’s not been a happy marriage, by all accounts. Attentive followers may remember that Dan Stone Jr. retired a few months back, while the company’s shows have slipped in the ratings – even the Ed Henson Cup wasn’t that much better than our best shows of the year. Anyway, the pair are gone after it was confirmed last night that NOTBPW has fallen to Cult – notionally the same level as us. The fans have switched off in recent months as the company failed to capitalise on the expected DeColt/Stone family feud, and it became clear that this wasn’t just holding off and building up some steam, but instead there was no real intention to follow through on what could have been the biggest storyline of the year. The DeColts and Stones clashed, but there was no attempt to present it as special – and subsequently the fans didn’t care enough about it. It’s never an easy thing to work out what the fans want, and you have to gamble that they’ll enjoy what you want to show. You’ll get feedback, of course, and you can work with that to an extent, but DeColt/Stone is a dream feud. It shouldn’t have been missed. My opinion of Peter Michaels has never been great, but I would have thought that Larry Wood could have spotted it. Maybe he did. Maybe he tried... but Michaels had the power in that relationship. In any case, they’ve both paid the price: And a former SWF, DaVE, USPW and MAW star has taken the reins... ...Chris Caulfield! This should be worth watching. * Delicious Danny has been called up to the main SWF roster. Its worth wondering exactly who he’s replacing: Angry Gilmore left recently, of course, but so did someone for whom the Delicious Danny gimmick could be taken as a definite cheap shot. More on that later. * [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Swoop McCarthy and Kid Arachnid vs. Ernest Youngman and Joe Sexy Divine Intervention vs. Platinum 12” (c) vs. Dirty Elite – MAW Tag Team titles Team Honor vs. Deeley & Thompson Gino Montero (c) vs. Davis Wayne Newton – MAW All Action title in a submission match KC Glenn vs. “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/CENTER]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swoop McCarthy and Kid Arachnid vs. Ernest Youngman and Joe Sexy Divine Intervention vs. Platinum 12” (c) vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles Team Honor vs. [B]Deeley & Thompson[/B] [B]Gino Montero (c)[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton – MAW All Action title in a submission match KC Glenn vs. [B]“Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] [I]Draw in the first match...Elite need more titles, I think the Internationals will win one of their matches and I went with the tag match, and if Enforcer can beat Heroe he can beat KC.[/I]

[B]Swoop McCarthy and Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman and Joe Sexy Divine Intervention vs. [B]Platinum 12” (c)[/B] vs. Dirty Elite – MAW Tag Team titles Team Honor vs. [B]Deeley & Thompson[/B] [B]Gino Montero (c)[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton – MAW All Action title in a submission match KC Glenn vs. [B]“Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B]

[B]Swoop McCarthy and Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman and Joe Sexy [I]This could easily go the other way but I say the faces begin to strike back here, especially following Swoop's superb face turn.[/I] Divine Intervention vs. Platinum 12” (c) vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles [I]I'll for Elite to get some more gold round their waists here.[/I] Team Honor vs. [B]Deeley & Thompson[/B] [I]The International pair are enjoying a more focused push right now.[/I] [B]Gino Montero (c)[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton – MAW All Action title in a submission match [I]Montero keeps hold of the All Action belt[/I] KC Glenn vs.[B] “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] [I]Roberts takes K.C Glenn to the school of hard knocks[/I]

[B]Swoop McCarthy and Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman and Joe Sexy -[I]Swoop is going to continue on his big winning ways.[/I] Divine Intervention vs. Platinum 12” (c) vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles -[I]While I love Platinum 12", they're not going to be in the Gold Rush match and neither is Divine Intervention.[/I] Team Honor vs. [B]Deeley & Thompson[/B] Gino Montero (c) vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] – MAW All Action title in a submission match -[I]A pair of surprising wins shove The Internationals into a prominent scene, leaving them with a ton of momentum.[/I] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. “Enforcer” Phil Roberts -[I]The good guys pick up another win. The Internationals and Eliter are getting belts, this'll keep up The Firm's momentum.[/I]

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;775636][B]Swoop McCarthy and Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman and Joe Sexy [I]This could easily go the other way but I say the faces begin to strike back here, especially following Swoop's superb face turn.[/I] Divine Intervention vs. Platinum 12” (c) vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles [I]I'll for Elite to get some more gold round their waists here.[/I] Team Honor vs. [B]Deeley & Thompson[/B] [I]The International pair are enjoying a more focused push right now.[/I] [B]Gino Montero (c)[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton – MAW All Action title in a submission match [I]Montero keeps hold of the All Action belt[/I] KC Glenn vs.[B] “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] [I]Roberts takes K.C Glenn to the school of hard knocks[/I][/QUOTE] I am going to take the lazy route this round and second TK's picks.

[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 5th August 2014[/CENTER] KC Glenn vs. “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] We kicked off with a strong match between two of the soundest technicians in wrestling today. Since Roberts returned from injury, he’s had a string of good singles matches as he’s so easy to work with – his fundamentals define rock solid, and because of that everyone he goes against looks great. This contest played to the fans’ love of smooth technical combat, with each man outwrestling the other and being outwrestled in turn, to the point that the bell rang for a time limit draw before a winner could be found. Winner: No-one (B-) * With Glenn and Roberts still in the ring, the arena lights flickered. The lights came back to full power, but the arena was now bathed in a deep red. In the middle of the ring stood The Rule Of One: Raphael, Null, Wraith and Pyre, complete with their companion Lady Anne Sidious. [COLOR="Blue"]“This mockery continues,”[/COLOR] Raphael intoned. [COLOR="Blue"]“My brethren and I are ignored, banished from sharing our message, lost in the hinterlands. We are mocked, reviled... but no more. Your neglect and disgust have fed our anger. Your ignorance gave us strength. Your-“[/COLOR] Before he could go any further the five cultists found themselves surrounded by Elite. [COLOR="Blue"]“See, there’s a reason you guys ain’t let anywhere near TV,”[/COLOR] Joe Sexy began. [COLOR="Blue"]“And would someone get the damn lights?”[/COLOR] The lights flickered again, and returned to their natural state. Raphael, Null and the others looked around at the massed ranks of the invading force, who were all (apart from Alicia Strong) carrying some sort of weapon. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now, we don’t go to the On Tour shows that often,”[/COLOR] Sexy went on. [COLOR="Blue"]“They ain’t televised, and we’ve not had any interest in showing up to wreck the joint just for the hicks who go to the shows. I guess we’ve gotta change our plan.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“You dare to come on to our territory?”[/COLOR] Ernest Youngman demanded. [COLOR="Blue"]“You’re a joke – and you think you deserve to share time with Elite? ‘Wraith’, ‘Null’ and ‘Pyre’. You’re a ----ing laughing stock.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Following this loser?”[/COLOR] Jean Cattley demanded, pointing at Raphael. [COLOR="Navy"]“Speed, you’ve got form. You got brought in by Phoenix when he thought he was the big bad. You were a loser then, and you’re a loser now. The rest of you-“[/COLOR] Cattley in turn was cut off by Thrash cracking a chair across the back of Wraith’s head, dropping the former Marc Speed to the mat in the blink of an eye. [COLOR="Blue"]“Enough talk,”[/COLOR] Leadfoot growled. [COLOR="Blue"]“Let’s close this joint.”[/COLOR] The massacre began. The Dirties busied themselves with Wraith and Pyre, dominating the former GB Wood and the barely conscious Wraith before pitching them out of the ring. Alicia Strong delivered a couple of hard strikes to Anne Sidious, who quickly fled the scene. Sexy, Roberts, Youngman and Cattley took it on themselves to take down Null and Raphael. The one-time Josh Jones gave his opponents a fright, delivering a thunderous Canadian Backdrop to an already wearied Roberts, and nearly taking Cattley out of the ring with a clothesline, only for Sexy to grab him and plant him with a suplex. Youngman, meanwhile, blasted Raphael with a kick to the gut before driving him into the mat with a DDT. The leader of The Rule Of One bounced upright, and Cattley was there to nail him with a Mood Swing. Null, meanwhile, was grabbed by Youngman and Sexy and held in place, allowing an angry-looking Roberts to wrap him up in an RCT, cinching the hold in long past the point where the young Canadian had stopped struggling. [COLOR="Blue"]“Watch this,” [/COLOR]Youngman snarled at Raphael as Sexy and Cattley grabbed his arms and held him halfway upright. Outside the ring, Thrash and Leadfoot were dragging their unmoving prey around to the entrance ramp. Dumping them at the foot of the ramp, they pulled back the protective mats on the concrete floor between the ramp and the ring. Thrash hauled Wraith into position for a piledriver as the crowd watched on in silent horror, only intensified by the sight of Leadfoot climbing onto the crowd barrier. [COLOR="Blue"]“And this is how we deal with anyone who crosses us,”[/COLOR] Sexy announced. [COLOR="Blue"]“The Rule Of One... are nobody. Their existence does not affect our mission, but we have chosen them to make our point.”[/COLOR] Leadfoot leapt, and the trio crashed to the floor. Without pause, Leadfoot and Thrash grabbed Pyre off the ground and set him up. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now is the time. No-one is safe, because the war starts now. The boss is coming...”[/COLOR] Leadfoot leapt again. [COLOR="Blue"]“...and he wants the place ready when he gets here.”[/COLOR] Elite left as a group, leaving their wreckage behind them. [COLOR="Purple"]“Who is this boss?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“I don’t know... but whoever it is, I don’t think it’s good for us.”[/COLOR] * [B]Divine Intervention vs. Platinum 12” (c) vs. Dirty Elite[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] After that warm-up Thrash and Leadfoot were raring to go in this match. They tore into the opposing teams from the bell, dominating them with aggressive power moves and showing a smoothness of teamwork that spoke to years of experience working together – experience that neither opposing side could call on. Ultimately, the champions and the Intervention duo managed to rally a little and even threaten to take the Dirties down, but when Ashington C. Odam tried to take Thrash down with a flying crossbody he was snatched out of thin air and thrown into both Quentin Queen and Phil Jerome, leaving Jefferson Stardust at the mercy of the Elite duo. One Dirty Bomb later, and we had new Tag Team champions! [COLOR="Green"]“And not only that, but our new champions take their place in the Gold Rush match at the pay-per-view!”[/COLOR] Winners: Dirty Elite (D) * Lassana Makutsi stood in the middle of the ring, mic in hand. [COLOR="Blue"]“There is a lot going on in MAW. It is oh so easy to be left behind. We have already seen tonight what can happen when you least expect it. “Before someone decides to make a statement out of me, allow me to issue a challenge to the Internationals. “Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson and Davis Wayne Newton operate without honour. They do not respect their opponents. They cheat them to gain victories. They issue challenges that allow their opponents no time to prepare. They are arrogant. They are not what I hoped to find when I came to America to find challenges for my talent. “I would now like to introduce my colleague, Jared Johnson.”[/COLOR] Johnson came down to the ring, and the two men shook hands. [COLOR="Blue"]“Jared Johnson is a man of honour. Together, we are issuing a challenge to any two of the Internationals to face us in singles matches at The Battle Of The Mid Atlantic.”[/COLOR] The Internationals’ music played, and Sean Deeley and Joss Thompson made their way down to the ring. [COLOR="Blue"]“I am shocked and offended,”[/COLOR] Sean Deeley began. [COLOR="Blue"]“In this company, myself and my colleagues are as good as they come. Honour is irrelevant – we have talent. We can’t help it no-one can match up to us. To show you what we are capable of, not only do we accept your challenge for two weeks time, but we’ll also face you right here and right now.”[/COLOR] Makutsi looked surprised, and might have refused but Johnson took the mic from him. [COLOR="Blue"]“We are the former Tag Team champions, and we are a match for any team in the company – even at short notice, even allowing for your undoubted talent.”[/COLOR] Thompson smirked. [COLOR="Blue"]“Then let’s fight.”[/COLOR] * [B]Team Honor vs. Deeley & Thompson[/B] The International pairing didn’t take their opponents very seriously, even taking time out to flirt a little with Lisa Bowen at ringside even after the bell rang. Makutsi and Johnson took exception to this and nearly scored a quick win with a roll-up on Deeley. The braggadocios duo quickly came to and the fight was joined with more fervour on their part. It was an even contest, much more so than the title match, and Deeley in particular was shown to be stretching himself as he got involved, unusually, in a fist fight with Makutsi. At ringside, however, Lisa Bowen took exception to the stern challenge being posed to her clients, and took matters into her own hands by tripping Lassana Makutsi and leaving him open to a Clean Cutter from Thompson to give the Internationals the win. Winner: Deeley & Thompson (D+) * Davis Wayne Newton made his way to the ring and shook Deeley and Thompson’s hands. With them flanking him, he took up the mic. [COLOR="Blue"]“Montero, get out here now so we can have our match. I promise to make it quick.”[/COLOR] * [B]Gino Montero (c) vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] in a [COLOR="Purple"]submission match[/COLOR] For all Newton’s talk, it was Montero who took the lead in the early stages of this match. His superior speed allowed him to strike, strike and strike again, keeping Newton on the back foot until he was able to avoid a corner splash. For all the talk of technical wrestling and submissions, this was as much a slugfest as anything else, with the two trading punches and chops at several points. When one fighter did try for a submission hold, the other was quick to counter, reach the ropes or, in Newton’s case, bail from the ring to consult with Lisa Bowen. However, it seemed that the two were far too closely matched to be separated, and in the end the bell rang for a time limit draw for the second time that night! Winner: No-one (B-) * Ernest Youngman kicked open the door to Swoop McCarthy’s locker room, interrupting the Australian fighter in the midst of his pre-match preparations: watching cricket. [COLOR="Teal"]“Ernie.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“That’s Ernest, you idiot. Last week... last week didn’t happen!”[/COLOR] Youngman snapped. [COLOR="Blue"]“This week is what counts. And when you put that title on the line next week, that’s gonna count as well, because I’ve gonna win.”[/COLOR] Swoop looked up from the TV. [COLOR="Teal"]“Sorry, mate. The boy Hughes is playing a blinder out there. Swoop’s gotta keep up when he can, y’know? Now, what can Swoop do for you?”[/COLOR] Youngman could be heard grinding his teeth as he regarded his opponent. [COLOR="Blue"]“Tonight I’m going to rip you apart so badly that next week you’ll have to forfeit the belt from the hospital,”[/COLOR] he said. Swoop shrugged. [COLOR="Teal"]“Maybe you will, maybe you will. But listen, there’s a few minutes before we have to be out there and Hughes is three off his century. I’ll see you out there, okay?”[/COLOR] Swoop turned back to the TV, leaving Youngman fuming at his apparent lack of success in intimidating him. * [B]Swoop McCarthy and Kid Arachnid vs. Ernest Youngman and Joe Sexy[/B] Almost inevitably, this was a slight come-down from the two strong technical matches on the show – although it was comfortably the best tag match. The two pairs of future opponents largely faced off against each other making for a different dynamic to a normal tag match. Sexy taunted Arachnid, and nearly benefitted from the masked man blowing his top – but Arachnid reigned in his temper in time to deliver a beating to Sexy. However, Youngman was on hand to break things – until he was taken out by Swoop. So the match went on, with the four men clearly evenly matched. In the end, Sexy and Arachnid spilled out onto the arena floor. Their brawl unfortunately distracted slightly from the in-ring action where Youngman had flattened Swoop with an almighty lariat. The Elite man then he nailed The Hit to gain a revengeful pinfall after last week’s defeat and even the score between himself and the Traditional champion ahead of next week’s title match. Winner: Youngman and Sexy (C+) [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I]Next: On Tour...[/I]

Easily the best show ever in terms of events happening. RoO getting obliterated (in an entertaining fashion + Platinum 12" losing the belts = Happy D. :p I still reckon 'the boss' is Double E, but I've got a new theory on Kid. Has he been in MAW before?

[I]OOC: There's a question. And the answer is... Ah, but that would be telling. As for Swoop, he's an Aussie. The population of that country have developed a language that's clearly English, but clearly not meant to be understood by anyone else who speak English. Just slip a shrimp on the barbie and go with it, I reckon.[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: On Tour Thursday, 12th August 2014[/CENTER] Ashley Grover and Maria Guest vs. Laura Flame and Tracy Brendon[/B] We began with something of a dud as the near 4,000 crowd clearly hadn’t settled in sufficiently for all-women’s tag match – at least, not one featuring workers this low down the card. It was a fairly typical match, with all four women hitting signature spots that a few in the crowd are beginning to pick up on as such, and in the end Brendon pinned Guest after an Idaho Crunch. Winners: Flame and Brendon (E-) * New music played, but the men who came down the aisle were familiar to MAW fans: Raphael and Null/Josh Jones. Raphael took the mic and admitted that after the demolition of The Rule Of One by Elite the previous night, he had dropped his pretence of being the leader of a cult. Wraith and Pyre were too badly injured to compete any time soon, so he and Josh were going it alone. Raphael then admitted that he had just been trying for so long to be a success that he was willing to do anything: He was only out for himself. He was willing to let Josh tag along as he had talent, but no ambition of his own – he was the perfect companion. Josh said nothing, and seemed to agree with Raphael. Raphael then dubbed the pairing ‘The Me In Team’ and announced their intention to enter the Tag Team title race. * [B]The Party Animals (0pts) vs. The Me In Team (0pts)[/B] This was mainly a chance for Raphael and Josh to show off their individual skills, and work on their teamwork. Dave Diamond and Justin Sensitive aren’t on the push list just yet, and need further practise in-ring, but this was still a decent low-level tag match with some nice exchanges, capped by the new team unveiling their finisher, dubbed Self Centred, on Sensitive as Josh scored the win. Winners: The Me In Team (E+, 1pt) * The Young Americans were cutting a promo, noting that Joseph Benning was a former Tag Team champion, and that they’d use that experience to further their chances of becoming champions in the future. They were interrupted by Platinum 12”, who pointed out that as the most recent former champions and the sexiest and most musically gifted tandem in the busoness, it was only a matter of time before they got another shot. Although, Ashington Odam mused, maybe they’d wait until Dirty Elite lost the belts before asking for their rematch... * [B]The Young Americans (0pts) vs. Platinum 12” (0pts)[/B] The former champions went on the offensive from the bell, liberally cheating and using Gianna at ringside to get away with it. It was an approach that paid dividends, with Jefferson Stardust in particular looking fantastic before Odam picked up the win after the duo nailed Matthew Hocking with a Shooting Star Gold Record Press. Winners: Platinum 12” (E+, 1pt) * Joss Thompson was backstage looking pleased with himself over his tag match win the previous night on Nationwide. He bumped into Kashmir Singh, and the party goer mocked him for needing Lisa Bowen’s help in the match. Thompson mocked Singh in turn for his attitude to wrestling, and demanded a match with him – a match he said was a guaranteed win, since Singh never won. * [B]“Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Joss Thompson[/B] This was a fun technical encounter. Thompson grew frustrated as Singh was able to counter everything the International tried, whether by virtue of technical skill or greater strength. In the end, he had to bail to ask advice of Lisa Bowen, drawing laughter from Singh. A clearly angered Thompson took clear offence to the taunting and stepped up his game, eventually dropping the party-goer with a Clean Cutter for the win. Winner: Joss Thompson (D-) * Brooke Tyler came down to the ring with Nadia Snow and acted overawed that Joanne Rodriguez was in the arena, and would be facing the pair of them in a tag match. She dropped the act, and said seriously that a win over J-Ro, even in a tag match, would make her the #1 contender for the Women’s title. * [B]Joanne Rodriguez and Sara Marie York vs. Brooke Tyler and Nadia Snow[/B] This was a slightly unusual match in that Tyler and Snow utilised their technical skills to hold the popular duo of Rodriguez and York at bay. The fans clearly appreciated the technical ability of Tyler and Snow, but less so their isolation of York as Rodriguez watched from the sidelines, barely getting in a shot before the clever wearing-down of the clean-cut York left her helpless as Tyler applied the Tradition Lift for the submission win – even as she watched Rodriguez the whole time. Winners: Tyler and Snow (D) * Jared Johnson came to the ring and threw out an open challenge, saying that he was annoyed with himself for losing the tag match last night. His challenge was answered by Davis Wayne Newton, who said he was angry that the TV company had demanded a fifteen minute limit on matches so they could show more commercials. He said he would have been All Action champion with a few seconds more. * [B]Jared Johnson vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/B] This was a largely technical encounter once more, although Johnson and Newton both have the all-round talent to change things up, hence a spell of fisticuffs in the middle of the match. Johnson clearly pushed Newton harder than the International had anticipated, but in the end he was able to snare the Fisherman’s Suplex for the win – a lot sooner than fifteen minutes as well. Winner: Davis Wayne Newton (D-) * Sean Deeley called out Phoenix. He said that he didn’t have much respect for many members of the MAW roster... but Phoenix was one of them. Like Deeley, he had wrestled abroad. Like Deeley, he was a multi-time champion. Like Deeley, he was experienced and talented. However, Phoenix was a lot older, and Deeley wanted to know if that added experience would make up for Deeley’s superior speed and conditioning. Phoenix laughed him off, saying that there wasn’t that much to choose between them – but if Deeley wanted to find out how much experience counted for, he was ready to give him a match. * [B]Phoenix vs. Sean Deeley[/B] This was a great end to a night that could have delivered more. I think the bigger On Tour shows are going to have to feature some bigger stars for better matches, but with this show on a Thursday for various reasons, it didn’t quite happen. However, this was a thrilling contest that had the fans jumping as Deeley opened cagily, displaying his respect for the masked veteran. However, it was clear that in spite of that respect he expected a relatively straightforward win and when a period of domination only yielded near falls, he was thrown. Phoenix capitalised by getting his second wind, and never relented from that point as he gradually clawed the advantage back from the younger man, eventually scoring with a Firebird Splash for the win in something of an upset – but one that the fans were delighted with. Winner: Phoenix (C) [B]Overall: D+[/B] * [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Swoop McCarthy (c) vs. Ernest Youngman – MAW Traditional title Kid Arachnid vs. Leadfoot Jared Johnson vs. Joss Thompson Sara Marie York vs. Brooke Tyler Amazing Fire Fly vs. Phoenix vs. Davis Wayne Newton vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title[/CENTER]

[B]Swoop McCarthy (c)[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman – MAW Traditional title -[I]Swoop needs to keep the title to be in Gold Rush.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Leadfoot -[I]Kid Arachnid needs to keep winning until he unmasks.[/I] Jared Johnson vs. [B]Joss Thompson[/B] -[I]I started reading some other diary that got me interested in Joss Thompson. I hope he wins.[/I] [B]Sara Marie York[/B] vs. Brooke Tyler -[I]I don't keep up with your women's division well, but York seems vaguely more over.[/I] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Phoenix vs. Davis Wayne Newton vs. [B]Jean Cattley (c)[/B] – MAW World title -[I]None of the challengers could win the belt here. Not enough storyline momentum.[/I]

[B]Swoop McCarthy [/B](c) vs. Ernest Youngman – MAW Traditional title Kid Arachnid vs. [B]Leadfoot[/B] Jared Johnson vs. [B]Joss Thompson[/B] [B]Sara Marie York[/B] vs. Brooke Tyler Amazing Fire Fly vs. Phoenix vs. Davis Wayne Newton vs. [B]Jean Cattley [/B](c) – MAW World title

[B]Swoop McCarthy (c)[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman – MAW Traditional title [I]In a complete turn around, Swoop's face turn actually wants me to see him hold this belt for even longer now and I'll think he will manage it here.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Leadfoot [I]One of the top babyfaces isn't going to lose to a lackey, even if he is a lackey for the companies top heel faction.[/I] Jared Johnson vs. [B]Joss Thompson[/B] [I]The Internationals rep goes over the Midcard/Tag Team wrestler[/I] Sara Marie York vs. [B]Brooke Tyler[/B] [I]You know I will never pick Miss Spamhead, even my head is actually tell me she will probably be the likely winner.[/I] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Phoenix vs. Davis Wayne Newton vs. [B]Jean Cattley (c)[/B] – MAW World title [I]Can't see Cattley losing the title in a 4-way on free TV. Especially when the challengers here don't really have the credentials to take the belt from him (I'm talking more in storyline momentum, than the actual talent of the workers themselves).[/I]

[B]Swoop McCarthy (c)[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman – MAW Traditional title [I]Swoop's not losing it on free TV, although I think he'll lose it sooner now that he's a face than I would've thought as a heel.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Leadfoot [I]You can just go ahead and bold Kid Arachnird in every match until the end of the diary...[/I] Jared Johnson vs. [B]Joss Thompson[/B] [I]Joss seems to have a better push, and he's a singles wrestler in a singles match.[/I] Sara Marie York vs. Brooke Tyler [I]Because I'm going to call for a draw on every show until I get one right.[/I] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Phoenix vs. Davis Wayne Newton vs. [B]Jean Cattley (c)[/B] – MAW World title [I]He's not losing the title on free TV or to any of these challengers.[/I] As for Kid Arachnid...I think I'm about halfway (or maybe third) there to figuring out who he is.

[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 12th August 2014[/CENTER] Amazing Fire Fly vs. Phoenix vs. Davis Wayne Newton vs. Jean Cattley[/B] (c) for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW World title[/COLOR] There were just shy of four-thousand in attendance as we kicked off this week’s Nationwide with a great match for the World title. It was a fluid mix of styles, with the masked aerialists against the all-round talents of Newton and the technically-solid Cattley. All four men had chances to win, but their opponents were quick to break up near-falls. There were no real alliances, but equally neither was there any one person targeted by the other competitors. It was therefore a quite even contest where everyone looked evenly matched. In the end, though, the champion came through as he was able to send Fly over the top to a hard crash landing on the mat below, before nailing Phoenix with a Mood Swing for the win a split-second before Newton could break up the cover. Winner: Jean Cattley (C+) * Cattley took up the mic. [COLOR="Navy"]“Next Monday I will be in the Gold Rush match and I will once again retain this World title. And next Monday... our employer will be here, and this company will never be the same again.”[/COLOR] * [B]Jared Johnson vs. Joss Thompson[/B] A match designed to cool things down a little as, honestly, Jared Johnson just can’t get over. A part of that is down to his lengthy tag runs with Casey Valentine and Lassana Makutsi, but honestly if I hadn’t seen him have a great match with Liberty in CGC I’d wonder if he could buy a decent grade. Anyway, the match was there to accommodate the finish, which saw Sean Deeley pop up and nail Johnson outside the ring, before rolling him back in for a Clean Cutter from Thompson for the win. Winner: Joss Thompson (D) * It looked bleak for Jared Johnson as he found himself trapped between Thompson and Deeley, but before the Internationals could attack, Lassana Makutsi leapt over the crowd barrier and dived into the ring, forcing them to back off. The two duos glared at one another from either side of the ring ropes as the Internationals backed slowly away, neither squad willing to take too many risks ahead of their pay-per-view matches in a few days time. * [B]Sara Marie York vs. Brooke Tyler[/B] A bit of a replay from the last On Tour show, and much the same result. York tried to match her technical chops against Tyler in the interests of fair play, but the move played into Tyler’s hands. By the time York tried to switch things up by going to the air, Tyler had dealt out some significant damage and slowed the flyer considerably, and shortly afterwards York found herself in the Tradition Lift once more, with no option but to submit. Winner: Brooke Tyler (D) * After the bell, Tyler took a mic. [COLOR="Blue"]“You see, Joanne? I know you were watching. I know that you saw me pick apart someone who’s supposed to be pretty good – a veteran with a lot of experience, just like you. I think I’ve shown that I deserve that match, Joanne. You let me know when, and I’ll show up and leave with your title.”[/COLOR] * Kid Arachnid was shown backstage, polishing his boots. He smiled at the camera. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Good to see you again. Now, there’s a lot of folks who think that Leadfoot’s going to give me quite a fight. They’d be right. He’s a mean, ornery son of a b----, and that’s the type of fella you want on your side – not on the other side of the ring. So, what am I gonna do? Well, Ah’m gonna try and use his strength and meanness against him. Not sure how, but they always say it in them karate movies, and it seems to work. If that don’t work, well, Ah’ll have to come up with a Plan B. And if Plan B don’t work, well, I’ll have to see if Ah have anything else up my sleeves.”[/COLOR] He looked down at his bare arms. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Oh.”[/COLOR] He looked up at the cameras again, and smiled once more. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Well, Ah’m sure Ah’ll work somethin’ work out. [/COLOR] * [B]Kid Arachnid vs. Leadfoot[/B] Leadfoot opened strongly in this match, pummelling the masked Arachnid with a string of clotheslines and brutish slams that shook the ring and really seemed to take it out of Arachnid. Leadfoot even managed to pitch himself around the ring with some effectiveness, splashing Arachnid in the corner and dropping a leg from the second rope to some disbelief. However, the enthusiastic assault began to wane as Leadfoot’s stamina began to count against him, and when he took a few moments to catch his breath, Arachnid unleashed his second wind. From that point on, Arachnid was much more impressive and Rip surmised that he had been letting Leadfoot tire himself out before launching his own offence. The strategy, if such it was, was effective as Arachnid wrapped Leadfoot up in a Cradle Piledriver for the win. Winner: Kid Arachnid (C+) * Ernest Youngman stood in the centre of the ring, snarling at anyone who he felt was looking at him with an improper degree of humility. [COLOR="Blue"]“This is the culmination of weeks and months of preparations. Tonight, I bring more gold to Elite. We will soon hold every title worth holding – and as of next Monday, the All Action title will be in our grasp as well. And all this in time for the arrival of the big man, our employer. He will be pleased, and when he is pleased, we who are Elite are well rewarded.”[/COLOR] Youngman’s face split into a smug grin as he anticipated the rewards he felt were coming his way. His reverie was interrupted by the opening bars of Swoop McCarthy’s music. [COLOR="Teal"]“Ernie, I have to say that I appreciate your self-belief,”[/COLOR] Swoop said. [COLOR="Teal"]“Whether you’re wrong or right, well, I guess we get to find out tonight. Me, I think you’re mad as a starved dingo on a short lead at a barbecue, but hey – maybe you’re about to prove Swoop wrong. It has happened. There was that time when Swoop was down at the docks in Sydney and this woman, well, I say woman, came up to me and said-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Just get in here so I can take that belt and beat your ass!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]“Woah! Did I already tell you that story or something?”[/COLOR] Swoop asked. [COLOR="Teal"]“That was uncanny – although the accent needs a bit of work. And it’s arse, not ass.”[/COLOR] Swoop smirked as Youngman grew more and more furious over his inability to rile the Australian. He made his way to the ring and took great pains in stretching himself out, fussing over the Traditional title belt as he handed it over to the referee, all while Youngman stewed in his corner. * [B]Swoop McCarthy (c) vs. Ernest Youngman[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] With the score between these two men tied at one apiece after two tag matches, there was a real tension in the air as the title belt was held aloft by the referee. With only one of these men able to proceed to the Gold Rush match at the pay-per-view, the chance at a shot at becoming double champion also hung in the air. The contest was one of brute strength, and came as a refreshing change with the two men battering one another relentlessly, unleashing blows that would have knocked lesser men unconscious. There was no quarter asked, and none given, and at times one expected the referee to apply a ten count to a downed competitor, such was the ferocity of some of the strikes. However, neither man seemed interested in giving up, and it was clear that this match would go to a decisive finish. Swoop seemed to have it won when he nailed the Stunner From Down Under, but Youngman landed too close to the ropes for the pin to count. Later, Youngman nailed The Hit – but seemingly hit it too hard, as McCarthy was knocked through the ropes to the arena floor. The battle raged back and forth, and for nearly half an hour the two gave their all. Towards the end, they even clung to one another in the centre of the ring, using each other to climb upright. For a split second, it seemed the two had fought one another to a standstill – but then from nowhere Youngman nailed The Hit for a second time, and this time held tight to Swoop to keep him in the ring. Three seconds later and the mammoth reign of Swoop McCarthy had come to an end, and Ernest Youngman was the new Traditional champion! Winner: Ernest Youngman (C+) * After the bell, the exhausted Youngman took his newly won title belt without any hint of pleasure or satisfaction on his face. Instead, he stalked McCarthy, waiting until the big Australian had risen to his knees before smashing him in the face with the heavy golden belt. McCarthy crumpled to the mat, unconscious. Youngman dropped to one knee beside him and held the belt by McCarthy’s face. [COLOR="Blue"]“It’s mine now,”[/COLOR] he said, before catching himself. [COLOR="Blue"]“It’s ours. And when the boss gets here, and we go to work, this company will be in our hands as well.”[/COLOR] Slowly, achingly, he rose to his feet, the title belt held aloft over his head as the show came to a close. [B]Overall: C[/B] [I]Next: On Tour, and no fewer than seven departures...[/I]

[QUOTE=Nightshadeex;779977]Kid Arachnid is talking like you used to write for "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith. So he's at least southern.[/QUOTE] Yeah, it seems like sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. Clearly JC's far too good a writer to do that on accident, so it could be some kind of subtle hint...or he could just be screwing with our heads.

[I]OOC: Hmmm... Deliberate? Not deliberate? As a freebie I can confirm that Arachnid's accent is not the one he talks with once the mask comes off... Oh, and yes: JC and KC got together eventually.[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: On Tour Saturday, 13th August 2014[/CENTER] T-Bone Bright and Sara Marie York vs. Joss Thompson and Brooke Tyler [/B] York and Tyler went at it once more in this contest, and there was an element of revenge in the way York went after her opponent. However, she wasn’t quite able to put Tyler down – that honour went to Bright, whose explosive power and thunderous suplexes gave Thompson no end of trouble, resulting in a Powerslam that gave Bright and York the win. Winners: Bright and York (D-) * Jean Cattley and Alicia Strong were shown arriving at the arena. When asked what they were doing there, Cattley said that it was past time that everyone in MAW learned that Elite were serious: From now on, there would be an Elite presence at every show, displaying that MAW had inferior wrestlers and making everyone’s life miserable. * [B]Divine Intervention (0pts) vs. The Party Animals (0pts) vs. The Me In Team (1pt) vs. The Second Sons (0pts)[/B] Standard multi-team fare here, with no one team looking particularly better than the others, although if pushed you could say that Divine Intervention were impressive. In the end, it wasn’t enough to save them as the greater experience of the Sons was the telling factor, giving them the win even as their underlying troubles continued to betray themselves in their lack of communication. Winners: The Second Sons (E+, 1pt) * Luchas De Mascaras were shown backstage, joking about this and that. When they noticed the camera on them, they became serious and promised that their upcoming match was step one towards an eventual match against Dirty Elite for the tag titles. * [B]Luchas De Mascaras (0pts) vs. The West Texas Lawmakers (0pts)[/B] The real star of this short match was Ernest Forthdyke-Hume, the somewhat anachronistic manager of the cowboy duo of Blaze and Dillon. In the ring, it was a fairly straightforward win for the masked competitors, who worked at a pace and level that the straightforward brawlers couldn’t keep up with. Winners: Luchas De Mascaras (D-, 1pt) * Alicia Strong was pumped up for her match, and demanded to know who she would be facing. Cattley said that it was Phoenix, and Strong looked delighted – but then Cattley said that Phoenix was mentoring a new girl on her debut, Simony Sentinel. Cattley went on that Strong had been given an appropriate partner to make it an even fight, and opened the door to reveal Delirium, who hooted three times in greeting. Strong’s face was a picture – just not one you’d want hanging on your wall. * [B]Phoenix and Simony Sentinel vs. Alicia Strong and Delirium[/B] Despite Sentinel’s ring-rust, this was a fun little match. Strong was ready to take on Phoenix far more than Sentinel, but Phoenix was having none of it – refusing to attack a woman. Delirium, meanwhile, was clearly annoying the blazes out of Strong with his continual rambling rants, and in the end it seemed that Strong vanquishing of the debutant Sentinel with a thunderous Angel Driver was rather more vicious than perhaps it needed to be. Winners: Strong and Delirium (D+) * Jean Cattley came to the ring and perfunctorily congratulated Strong on her win, before shooing her out of the ring. He issued an open challenge for his World title, saying that he might as well pad his record while he was here. Kashmir Singh was the first to make an appearance. He reminded Cattley that they were former teammates, and had held the Tag Team titles some years back – before Cattley went crazy. He asked Cattley what he was getting from Elite, what could make him think that MAW was inferior? Cattley replied that he was Elite, he was supreme. That was fact, and his holding the World title showed that they were the dominant force, which he would show Singh now, as his former teammate didn’t seem to realise it. * [B]“Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Jean Cattley (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW World title[/COLOR] This was a fun match, helped by decent chemistry between the two former teammates. The history between the two is several years old, but they clearly worked well together, and the storyline of the effervescent Singh frustrating the angrily serious champion time and again was one that the crowd really bought into. Singh came close to a huge upset on several occasions, but wasn’t quite able to go over the top, and in the end Cattley took the win with a Mood Swing. Winner: Jean Cattley (C) * Joanne Rodriguez came down to the ring with an expression on her face that I commented boded ill for her opponent. She took the mic. [COLOR="Blue"]“I am the Women’s champion, and now I have a target on my back. That’s fine, but I’d hoped that my challengers would bring more to the ring than they have done so far. Brooke, I’ve fought you before and you’re talented, but you’re green. I’m just better – there’s a reason that this title has been bouncing around between Alicia, myself and Lauren for so long. You think you can take me? Watch this!”[/COLOR] * [B]Joanne Rodriguez (c) vs. Nadia Snow[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Women’s title[/COLOR] Former Women’s champion Snow clearly relished her unexpected shot at regaining the gold as she took the fight to Rodriguez in an enjoyable fight that pitted her elaborate ring work and flourishing taunts against the champion’s forthright style. For all Snow’s airs and graces, though, the non-nonsense Rodriguez retained control throughout much of the match, eventually scoring the win with a J-Rocker. Winner: Joanne Rodriguez (D+) * Sean Deeley made his way to the ring. He said that he was determined to show that he deserves the respect that the Internationals demand by right. To show that, he would defeat another veteran opponent who would pose him a stern test. His opponent was revealed as Fumihiro Ota, and the fans seemed somewhat impressed by his choice. * [B]Fumihiro Ota vs. Sean Deeley[/B] This was an almost perfectly-balanced contest that saw the two men tear the ring down with a thrilling technical battle. However, Deeley for all his braggadocio couldn’t find a way to put Ota down, and grew more and more frustrated – even nearly taking a Ninja Strike through sheer carelessness. However, he bailed out of the ring and hurriedly consulted Lisa Bowen, and when he returned to the ring he sent Ota into the corner where Bowen grabbed his leg and prevented him avoiding a thunderous charging knee. The groggy Ota was then easy prey for the Seated Stretch Armbar to give the International a tainted win. Winner: Sean Deeley (C) Overall: C- * With the contracts of seven wrestlers and managers coming up for renewal at the same time, we had an opportunity to trim our costs by quite a bit. So it’s with a mixture of regret and financial necessity that we bid farewell to: Felipe Caballero – 20 year old Mexican who has some talent and remains on our radar, but who has almost zero overness in the States. He hadn’t worked for us in three months after the departure of Xavi Ferrara, his tag partner. Sam “Cannonball/Calamari Kid” Cannon – The former SWF worker added a little recognisability to our midcard, but ultimately wasn’t worth the outlay. Bradford Peverell – The former Traditional champion always gave 100%. It’s just that didn’t tend to result in good matches. Eminently carriable, though, and leaves on good terms. Marc “Wraith/Ricochet” Speed – A talented but uncharismatic worker who never quite found the hook he needed to get past the midcard in more than four years with us. GB “CH Threepwood/Pyre” Wood – An average technician who we repackaged as Speed’s umpteenth tag partner. Never had the x-factor to get over, and never quite delivered in the ring, either. Ruin – More commonly known as Texas Pete, our former World champion almost dropped off the radar once his title reign ended. Delivered good matches and could always be relied on to look intimidating, but the arrival of Elite saw him fall from the picture. Haley Buck – The Internationals only needed one manager, really, and Lisa Bowen could handle it. At a time when we’re cutting costs, she was expendable. [I]Next: The Battle of the Mid Atlantic preview...[/I]

[I]OOC: Double posting as I meant to get On Tour up last night. Don't get used to it :p[/I] [QUOTE] [B][CENTER]MAW.com The Battle of the Mid Atlantic preview[/CENTER][/B] Kid Arachnid vs. Joe Sexy He’s getting nearer. Kid Arachnid is in MAW to take on Elite, but most specifically he want a shot at Jean Cattley – the man he considers a traitor. With each victory he moves closer to that shot, but this Monday he must overcome the international star Joe Sexy, who could be considered the leader of Elite – at least until their ‘employer’ arrives this Monday night. Can Arachnid take on the vastly experienced brawler and emerge with a win, or will The Firm’s great hope of taking down their nemeses crash and burn with a One Night Stand? Jared Johnson vs. Sean Deeley; Lassana Makutsi vs. Joss Thompson We have to take these two matches together: The former Team Honor and the ultra-confident Internationals have been at each others’ throats for weeks. Makutsi and Johnson have no time for the perceived arrogance of Deeley and Thompson, while the Internationals believe they have every right to their self-confidence, considering their talent and successes. Joanne Rodriguez (c) vs. Brooke Tyler for the MAW Women’s title Tyler is the latest in a long line of challengers to Rodriguez’ title. The champion has faced them all and, of course, has come out on top. It seems that this is a concern to J-Ro, who desperately wants to face a real challenge – but can the wily Tyler show that the champion has underestimated her? Swoop McCarthy vs. Davis Wayne Newton to name the #1 contender to the World title In an exclusive announcement on MAW.com, the company’s owner James Casey has declared that these two stars will face off on Monday night for the right to face the World champion at the Clash, MAW’s net pay-per-view in September. Casey said: [COLOR="Green"]“Swoop McCarthy’s record since joining this company has bordered on phenomenal. His long run with the Traditional title shows that he can thrive as a champion, although his methods of retaining the title weren’t always what I would call fair. As for Davis Wayne Newton, he has shown outstanding talent and form in recent weeks, and while I recognised this by making him one of the contestants in the recent Fatal Fourway match on Nationwide, I feel it only fair to give him a chance at a one-on-one match for the title.”[/COLOR] Gold Rush match Three titles on the line as the reigning champions of MAW go at it. The All Action, World and Traditional titles are all on the line, and Elite have a strong presence in this match with no fewer than four members entering the ring as champions. Who will emerge victorious? If you’re not at Centrepiece Bridge this Monday, be sure to call American Option to find out! Plus: One man is responsible for Elite’s invasion of MAW. Buying the loyalty of Ernes Youngman, turning Jean Cattley against the company he can arguably claim to have built, and sending his troops into this company with the intent of destroying them – resulting in a string of injury-enforced retirements. We are promised that the leader of the invasion will be appearing at the Centrepiece Bridge this Monday. Be sure to be there, or be tuned in to American Option to find out: Who is the ‘boss’ of Elite? [/QUOTE] [CENTER][B]MAW The Battle Of The Mid Atlantic[/B] Kid Arachnid vs. Joe Sexy Jared Johnson vs. Sean Deeley Lassana Makutsi vs. Joss Thompson Joanne Rodriguez (c) vs. Brooke Tyler for the MAW Women’s title Swoop McCarthy vs. Davis Wayne Newton to name the #1 contender to the World title Gold Rush: MAW World, Traditional and All Action titles are on the line Plus: The debut of Elite’s ‘employer’![/CENTER]

[B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Joe Sexy [I]Arachnid's not going to lose. Ever.[/I] Jared Johnson vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Joss Thompson[/B] [I]I wish I could pick against one of the Internationals, but I don't see either match going the other way.[/I] Joanne Rodriguez (c) vs. [B]Brooke Tyler[/B] for the MAW Women’s title [I]Via shenanigans. J-Ro keeps the title.[/I] [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton to name the #1 contender to the World title [I]A heel will be champion, so the challenger has to be a face.[/I] Gold Rush: MAW World, Traditional and All Action titles are on the line [I]No idea who the challengers are, so I'll say Youngman pins one of the non-champions.[/I] Plus: The debut of Elite’s ‘employer’! [B]Eric Eisen[/B]

Kid Arachnid vs. [B]Joe Sexy[/B] Jared Johnson vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Joss Thompson[/B] [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] (c) vs. Brooke Tyler for the MAW Women’s title [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton to name the #1 contender to the World title Gold Rush: MAW World, Traditional and All Action titles are on the line Plus: The debut of Elite’s ‘employer’!

Archived