Is there a way to keep PSW's money from hemorrhaging?

In the last 3 attempts, after a month, I usually have about 50k left, with 44k lost. Ticket sales are 18k, and workers salaries are 57k. Alot of this has to do with the top guys being paid over 1k an appearance. I know you could cut them, but that would set the company, and shows WAAAYY back, and most likely go into a freefall of losing popularity. And every match, besides ones that include Johnny Martin, constantly brings the crowds mood down. Has anyone had any success so far with PSW? How are you currently?

First off make your shows shorter. You only need to use a main eventer every other show and an upper midcarder every third show before they start complaining about not being used. Second raise your prices. You could raise them by four dollars in 2007 without seeing a noticeable drop in attendance. I'm doing a three dollar raise now and it seems to be working (although I'm not using PSW). An added benefit of a shorter show is that if you have a great main event and decent secondary one you 'll only be dragged down by one or two other matches instead of however many you are having now. Also you're a small fed if you are going to run weekly shows expect to hemorrhage money, you want really be able to run weekly shows without bleeding cash until you are regional and then only if you stick to your area where you are over.

I tend to be willing to take the losses in order to get the popularity gains. This may not be working out right...three months in, I've lost 35,000 - 38,000 per month, and I don't know if I'll recover...but the gains have been good. We'll see if I last to next month. :D --Jer

Archived