CompanyMan's Blog: An SWF Diary

[Monday, Week 1, January 2008 | 3:43 PM] [b]New Years Resolution [/b] Company man here. It's been a while since I've said anything on here, pretty much since I got the job with SWF after the Sam Keith fiasco. Well, I made a resolution this year to blog more often--and what better way to do it than to make at least a post after every show, talking about it. I mean, this is pretty much my life now. In the interest of full disclosure, here's our roster as it stands now. I've gone with two columns; the one on the left is for faces, and the one on the right for heels. [code] Main Event Jack Bruce Remo Steve Frehley Runaway Train Christian Faith Eric Eisen Vengeance Upper Midcard Lobster Warrior Brandon James Enygma Joe Sexy Jack Giedroyc Squeeky McClean Rich Money Midcard Valiant Marc DuBois Robbie Retro Big Smack Scott Elmo Benson Kurt Laramee Groucho Bling Frederique Antonio Garcia Enforcer Roberts Lower Midcard Brett Biggz Zimmy Bumfhole Bart Biggz Randy Bumfhole Kid TOma Opener Akima Brave Knuckles Shady K Paul Huntindon Enhancement Talent Greg Rayne Andre Jones Managers Dawn the Cheerleader [Jack G] The Guru [Train] BJ O'Neill [Samoans] Emma Chase [Brandon James] Jessie [Biggz'] [/code] We've also got Gilmore and a few guys in development, but those above are pretty much who we can use right now. And what's happened lately? Well, I've been in charge of the storyline between Vengeance and Christian Faith--one that I think has been going quite well. It's due to wind down quite soon, though, so I'm already looking to the future. Brandon James just made an impact, taking out Lobby--and he hasn't been seen since the Clash now. Bruce has been fending off contenders for a few months, most recently defeating Remo at the Clash. Marc DuBois continues to hold the Shooting Star, though he's starting to question his holding it as holding him back--he's defeated Elmo for two straight PPVs now. The Wildboyz and Bumfholes have just finished up their program for the tag titles, and that scene is wild open. And Rich Money just claimed the North American belt from Eric Eisen at the Clash--Eisen looks higher now, while Groucho has thrown his name in the ring for the NA belt. Some other minor storylines in play now--Robbie Retro is having trouble with Flex---uh, sorry. Frederique. I'll never get over that name change. Ok, I guess that's just one other, but it's in play. I haven't really been paying attention to how that's going though. That's it for now. I need to sleep off this hangover before the show tomorrow. See you then.

[Tuesday, Week 1, January 2008 | 9:17 AM] [b]The Morning Meeting[/b] So, we come in this morning to start going over the final plans for Supreme TV tonight. Pete sits us all down (Peter Michaels--he's the head booker right now), and we're just about to get going when Richard Eisen walks in. A little bit about Richard...and let me tell you--don't call him Rick or Rich or Dick--he can command a room. His very presence calls for absolute silence. He and Pete shook hands, and then Richard turned to address the room. Background--we've been running a touch shorthanded on our roster lately, and it's been causing us some troubles, so we've been getting our shortlists together and looking at some of the wrestlers on the independent scene. Looking to hire some more. Well, Richard tells us that he knows that's got to happen, and he's giving us mostly free reign. Money is essentially no object--so long as we don't lose 20 million or so, we should be fine. But--we have to tell a story and do it without having lumbering hulks in the ring. Nobody who can't sell a move should come into our roster--or stay there. Of course, that out of the way, he goes on to praise some of the storylines we've had lately. He's love my storyline, but he's worried that Faith will lose some popularity out of it, and wants to make sure that he stays popular for at least another year and a half. And Eric's run with the North American title did it's job--but not enough. Push Eric. Another thing about Richard. He loves his family...perhaps a bit too much. Hopefully he never actually reads this, but Eric isn't as good in the ring as some of the other workers, and Jerry's average at best on the stick...and yet both of them keeping getting put in positions that others are better at. And now he wants us to make Eric popular...and it even sounds like he wants him more popular than Faith. Whatever. His job done, he left the room. A moment of silence, and then someone else spoke up and said what everyone was thinking. "So--what does that one mean for our main event?" Everyone knows our main event has trouble selling. They got to where they were mainly by being powerhouses. Steve Frehley, Vengeance, Runaway Train...and of course, Eric--all of them have trouble selling moves. And for the most part, that's been ok. And the fact is, Train may have run his course, so losing him wouldn't be bad. But the others....might be an issue. Two others that might be affected by those goals: Kurt Laramee and Big Smack Scott...I just hope I'm not the one who has to tell Scott to learn to move and sell or lose his job. But time for the meeting. I'll post after the show tonight, I promise.

[Tuesday, Week 1, January 2008 | 11:57 PM] [b]Supreme TV[/b] One great thing about being a writer is getting to see the show for free. Granted, you're usually in a box with all the other writers, in case you need to make last minute changes to the show due to injuries or whatever, but at least you get to see it. We were at Smallwood Field tonight, in The Maritimes. We've been trying to be recognized as a Global promotion, and this seems to be the last holdout. I'm not sure of the strategy of coming here, though--the crowd is so much smaller than we can get in the States. I learned that the attendance tonight was only 1,821. We started out with essentially a random tag match--the Tag Team Champs, the Amazing Bumfholes in a non-title matchup against Kurt and Scott, who together are The Pain Alliance. It's always interesting to watch the crowd during matches like this. They *really* don't like Scott. He plays it up like it's normal heel heat, but, well---it's not. They don't like him one bit. They especially didn't like it when he took out Zimmy with the Ego Trip and got the victory. Those were some major boos there. But at least they turned to cheers when Lobster Warrior made his re-appearance, for the first time since Christmas Clash. He's been getting some good pops lately, though I think this one may have benefited a little from being right after Scott. He ripped into Brandon James, as he should, and essentially demanded a match with Big Money at When Hell Freezes Over. Next up, Paul Huntingdon (formerly Aristocrat on the indy scene) showed up for his second ever match. He started out big, getting a North American title shot last week in his first match, but it was a glorified squash as Money was just rubbing it in Groucho's face. This week, he takes on Bart Biggz. The highlight of the match, unfortunately, was watching Jessie work. She and Bart get along well together--the reason that she works with them, really. Paul pulls out a move dubbed the High Society for the win. And of course, that prompts Groucho to make his weekly challenge. He shoves Paul out of the ring, and practically demands Money face him for the belt. He rants and raves until Money shows up and makes his own way to the ring. Money calms down Groucho, and then says that he'd be happey to face him, but he's got a better idea. He calls over one of our random ring-side people, who hands a briefcase up through...Money opens it and asks if Groucho wouldn't rather have a briefcase full of cash? Without waiting for an answer, Money leaves, and Groucho stares at his retreating back. As we come back from another commercial, Jack Giedroyc takes on Frederique Antonio Garcia. Seriously, who came up with this gimmick? We're all new to the staff, so we can't blame anyone here, but it's awful. Stuff of legend, really--bad legend. Jack wasn't really happy with this match, but then, he did lose. Andre Jones makes his presence as enforcer felt and pulls on Jacks legs, who then gets caught with Romeo Is Bleeding when he turns around. I've seen better stuff out of him... But he does sell the attack afterwards like a champ. Garcia and Jones lay the boots into him, while Dawn scatters like a scared girl (just like she should). Then Robbie Retro makes the save. Pretty generic stuff, really. And it was obvious. Next up, Rich Money's weekly 'defeat the jobber' defense of his title. This week, it's against Greg Rayne. Rayne looks good in the ring, and might be getting a good push soon. For now, it was a quick match, short and to the point, and the Bank Roll gets it done. Oh yes, the #1 contenders match. Eric won the first one against Steve, but for some reason, it didn't stick. I don't remember what that reason was--interference probably. So they pull out a second match to see who faces Bruce at the PPV in two weeks. Not a bad match, with Eric claiming victory again, this time with the help of a pair of brass knuckles. Ah, here's what I've been waiting for. My baby. The contract signing between Christian Faith and Vengeance. They've agreed to meet one last time at When Hell Freezes Over--a Last Man Standing match. Richard comes out with the contract, and hands it to Faith. Faith...well, he doesn't look very good out there today. Maybe word got to him that Richard wants Eric pushed above him. But he does ok, I guess, gets the point across, and then signs the contract. Vengeance...in his typical silent style, stares down Faith, then signs the contract himself. He hands the contract back to Richard...and immediately launches himself at Faith. A good solid brawl for a few minutes before Two Eagles and Deacon come out, and the three road agents manage to separate the two brawler. I've seen better segments, but I'll take it. Throwaway main events. They're staples, for some reason, but I don't get them. Jack Bruce defends the World Heavyweight Championship against Runaway Train. I mean, does anyone really think Train will win this? The hype all along has been on Bruce defending the title at the PPV--is that going to change now? And as expected, Bruce comes out with the win. Though watching The Guru work the crowd and the ring is always fun. Of course, Bruce doesn't sell well, and I could see Richard having a thoughtful look on his face at ringside. I wonder if he's reconsidering that order. Anyway, pyros go off at the end, and the show in the Maritimes is over. And I really think the live crowd hurt us. Hrm...maybe this'll be a good thing to put at the end of all my show reports. Segment ratings? [QUOTE] The Pain Alliance over The Amazing Bumfholes : E+ Lobby Promo : C+ Paul Huntindon over Bart Biggz : E+ Bling Challenge : C- Money Bribe : C Frederique Antonio Garcia over Jack Giedroyc : D Post-Match Beatdown, Robie Retro Save : E+ Rich Money over Greg Rayne to retain the North American Championship : D+ Eric Eisen over Steve Frehley : C- Contract Signing and Brawl : C Jack Bruce over Runaway Train to retain the World Heavyweight Championship : C+ Final Rating C- [/QUOTE] Ratings are in: 2.86 on C.A.N.N. (Oh boy, that's awful) and 0.08 on UK Broadcasting Secondary (about average).

Oh the humanity! The moral of the story is, don't open your show in the middle of Bum**** nowhere. I like the storylines that are running and I think this could be a pretty solid diary, but there were a few things I didn't like. 1) Being down on gimmicks, especially awesome gimmicks like Frederique Antonio Garcia. 2) Calling your main event "throwaway" and trashing what was probably a decent performance. 3) It's Train that no-sells everything. He's got a D- in it. 4) No "through line"- the booking is totally logical, but for a diary, you need that extra oomph that turns a bunch of data into a great show. What's the focus of your show? Why should fans watch it? The main event and the contract signing are the obvious answers for this past show, so think about how you could've built that up- maybe shortening a match or two and give Train and/or Guru a promo about their upcoming match, maybe noting that the announcers are plugging an upcoming signing (real announcers do this in the middle of under-card matches) or big match. edit: I feel like I'm being too negative here, so I do want to emphasize the positive- the James/Lobster feud has legs (pun intended), and I like the idea of Groucho Bling getting a limited singles push, especially if it means we get to see High Concept vs. Rich Money and Remo at some point.

Thanks for the comments, lazor. Allow me to reply to them, in order. 1. That's just a bit of me coming through. I really *really* dislike Flex's new character. Probably because the long three name thing wants me to abbreviate it, and I just have a hard time calling anyone by that name. 2. True, it was a good enough match. Not great, but good. But it was a throwaway; I literally didn't have a main event, and this was what I came up with. 3. Oops...you're totally right about that one. That was a typo, I guess. 4. I'll keep that in mind -- I've got a few more shows already written up--the second one will be up soon. But I'll try to focus more on the bigger segments as I move forward.

Just a quick note [Thursday, Week 1, January 2008 | 12:18 PM] [b]Just a quick note[/b] Word has just come up the vine that SWF now has another child company. I'm actually pretty happy with this, because it was my idea. If we're looking for the highly athletic workers to come up to us, why not have a company that thrives on the high-flying. Send the clods down there, and they'll have to do better to keep up. So yeah, FREEDOM Caribbean Wrestling is now our child company. I'm sure we'll send a bunch of our new hires down in that direction.

Supreme TV Tuesday Week 2 January 2008 [Tuesday, Week 2, January 2008 | 11:44 PM] [b]Supreme TV[/b] Compared to Smallwood, the Minnesota Coliseum is gigantic. Let me tell you, it's a lot harder to watch the actual action rather than the monitors here. But this'll be nothing compared to the PPVs, which always sell well. Why did we start with this? Robbie Retro, of all people, starts off the show, demanding a match against Andre Jones. Seriously, Pete? This is our opening matchup? I mean, it's watchable enough, but you gotta start with a Bang! Jones comes out, of course, with Garcia, who shall be called that by me from now on, at least until we get him a better gimmick. Even with the distractions from ringside, however, Retro is able to take down the jobber. Contrast in styles on the next two segments. The Amazing Bumfholes are backstage, and said that they realize that they don't have a match yet for When Hell Freezes Over. They lay down a pre-signed contract on a table, and say that they'll face whoever signs it in the opening matchup on the pay per view. Then we cut back to Richard's office, where Marc DuBois is saying that someone as skilled and talented as he is should have the night off on Thursday. Richard agrees to that request--provided DuBois can win tonight. So, of course, he heads to the ring right after commercial. His opponent tonight is Valiant. Great matchup, extreme promise for the future. DuBois gets the Model Solution locked in after a moderate length fun match, and gets the victory--and the PPV off. The weekly segment has arrived, and Bling comes out to the ring. He tells us that he shipped the briefcase, still fully loaded, back to Rich Money--and he still wants the match. Rich Money, Groucho Bling, North American Title, When Hell Freezes Over. Money comes out on the entrance ramp and sighing, agrees to the match. But before he goes, he cautions Bling that money can buy anything...and he has no idea what he's getting himself into. Next up, Steve Frehley takes on Remo. A fun match, though these two need a little more seasoning, I think. Remo takes out Frehley with The Destroyer--and I ask someone if Frehley's been in the doghouse lately. I think that's 4 straight losses now. The crowd heat skyrockets, and Brandon James comes out with Emma Chase. James does his best impression of an angry gorilla, while Emma sweetly takes the microphone and tells Lobster Warrior that he's in for a world of hurt at the PPV...because James is accepting his challenge. But just so Lobby knows what he's going to experience, they've got a warmup match here tonight. Poor Kid Toma. Never stood a chance against Brandon, who dismantled him from bell to bell. Even the little bit of offense that Toma got in was quickly blunted...and the Big Money Move gets the quick pinfall. Jack Bruce gets the stick before the main event, and congratulates Eric Eisen on winning the #1 contenders spot. Bruce is pretty good on the microphone, I must say. He tells Eisen that it doesn't matter who he beat or how he got here...or that he's been a champion of a lesser belt. All that matters is that Bruce is the champion now, and that's how it's going to stay. And that cues the main event. In standard pre-PPV style, two fueds unite to form a single tag team match. In this case, Jack Bruce teams up with Christian Faith to face off against Vengeance and Eric Eisen. This was a good, solid matchup that I would have liked to see last a little longer. But apparently we were running short on time tonight, so it actually didn't even quite hit the fifteen minute mark before Vengeance nailed the Skull Krusher (why hasn't that move's name been changed) for the victory over Christian Faith. After a short celebration, Vengeance grabs Eric, and points to Faith...and the assault is launched. Jack Bruce tries to intervene, but is soon taken out himself, and we end with Vengeance and Eric standing over the faces, celebrating for the crowd. Overall, I'd say this was a pretty good show. The crowd seems to like the storylines, and we're heading into the PPV in style. [QUOTE] Retro's Challenge : C Robbie Retro over Andre Jones : D+ Bumfholes open challenge : C- DuBois' request : B Marc DuBois over Valiant : C+ Bling's Challenge : C Money's acceptance : B- Remo over Steve Frehley : C+ James/Chase accept : B Brandon James over Kid Toma : C Jack Bruce hype : B+ Vengeance & Eric Eisen over Christian Faith & Jack Bruce : B Heel Beat Down of Faces : B+ Final Rating: B- [/QUOTE] Our ratings inched back up on C.A.N.N., up to a 3.10; but UK rating stayed steady with a 0.08. Two days to the PPV--if you're reading this, I highly encourage you to catch it. You're going to want to see the Vengeance/Faith match, I guarantee it!

[Wednesday, Week 2, January 2008 | 9:59 AM] [b]The Preview[/b] The official preview has been posted for When Hell Freezes Over. While I'm not as good at the flowery speech as they are, I figured I could at least post the final card for you. Head on over to SWF.com to see the better preview...or just hang out here. Whichever you prefer. The Amazing Bumfholes defend their Tag Team Championship against a mystery opponent. The contract has been signed--but by who? Robbie Retro vs Frederique Antonio Garcia Brandon James vs Lobster Warrior Rich Money(c) vs Groucho Bling for the North American Championship Steve Frehley vs Remo Christian Faith vs Vengeance in a Last Man Standing match Jack Bruce(c) vs Eric Eisen for the World Heavyweight Championship And, if you're reading this, I want to know what you think. Who's going to win? Any comments on the directions of the fued? Comment away, folks!

[B]The Amazing Bumfholes[/B] vs ?????? - without any build up, the champs aren't gonna lose here. Robbie Retro vs [B]Frederique Antonio Garcia[/B] - despite how much you dislike his gimmick, he is by far the better wrestler than Retro, and a win for FAG continues the feud. [B]Brandon James[/B] vs Lobster Warrior - I'm a big Lobby fan, but Big Cat takes this one - makes Lobby chase him for revenge [B]Rich Money(c)[/B] vs Groucho Bling for the North American Championship - Money wins after some hired help interferes Steve Frehley vs [B]Remo[/B] - Frehley continues his losing streak Christian Faith vs [B]Vengeance[/B] in a Last Man Standing match - a win sets Vengeance up as Bruce's next legit challenger - Faith moves on to Remo? [B]Jack Bruce(c) [/B]vs Eric Eisen for the World Heavyweight Championship - I know you've gotta push Eric - but you've got plenty of time for that later on, no way should he be beating Jack here. I like the way you've written this diary so far - its something slightly different, and its believable - no writer is gonna like everything that is booked - and your dislike of FAG's gimmick, and commenting on a bad running order in that 2nd show is good IMO - keep it up!! :)

Here's a little tip on keeping throwaway main events from being that. Don't make them title matches. It causes quite a stir because it shuts up the marks and smarks and makes it anyone's match. Let's face it, the title is not changing hands before the big build up, but then having him face an opponent and getting tainted wins, cheap wins, or in this case iwth a face holding it, losses while it was for a non-title match helps build up other opponents (at the expense of losing momentum on your title holder) You can run a storyline about how the champ convinced the GM that the title should ONLY be on the line at PPV's thus freeing him from a lot of daily stress of having to worry about who he's going to defend the title against...

When Hell Freezes Over 2008 [i]Sorry, this is later than I had anticipated. But was away from the computer most of the day today--just logged on to post, actually. So, with no further Ado, the PPV...even if it was a bit predictable so far.[/i] [Thursday, Week 2, January 2008 | 11:59 PM] [b]When Hell Freezes Over[/b] Man, this place is big. The Manhattan National Center--27,679 in attendance. I mean, I've seen big places before, but it always awes you, seriously. When you see all these people coming out to see something that you've been involved in--it's just plain awesome. After the dark match was over (and let me tell you, Brett just isn't liked), we started out with the tag match. The Bumfholes came out, and they looked pretty happy--and their opponents were Death Row. Well, Shady K and Knuckles haven't been seen in a while, so this was good for them. Decent talent, but they just aren't getting any decent push. They did take control for a bit tonight, but the Bumfholes are just that good, and fought out to take them down. Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Not at all--because our villains du jour, the Pain Alliance, made their presence felt, beating down the champs in the middle of the ring after the match. Some sort of yelling happened--I'm only assuming that those at ringside could hear them complaining about not being given this match due to their recent victory over the champs. The SupremeTron came alive then, and we saw Emma Chase (which is always nice) and Brandon James backstage. Emma waxed philosophical for a bit about how Brandon was going to absolutely destroy Lobster Warrior tonight, and then he'd finally get to earn his big money contract by taking on someone worthwhile. I enjoyed it, honestly. Though the pleasant buzz I was developing might have increased my enjoyment a little. Back in the ring, Robbie Retro was around, and he was taking on Garcia. I told you that's what I was going to call him. Of course, Garcia had Andre Jones at ringside, but somehow he wasn't really an issue. Doesn't mean there was a clean win, of course, because Garcia managed to sneak in a fork. Yes, I said a fork. He jabbed it a little too close to Retro's eye for comfort, and got in the quick pinfall in the aftermath. Interesting. Low point of the night, but a good setup, we cut back to Rich Money's locker room...which has just had it's door closed as Shane Stones walks away, stuffing something in his pocket. Gee, I wonder what that's all about. Different point backstage, Steve Frehley turns a corner and bumps into Remo. They begin arguing, mostly about Frehley's recent turn for the worse. Oh, so that IS intended, and not just doghouse-induced. Finally, Frehley says he'll prove himself in the ring tonight. Which we already knew, but hey, I guess it does hype the match. Lobster Warrior comes out. You know, I wonder if he might not be better off without the mask? He's got a good workrate, and might go far without the comedy gimmick. But tonight, his opponent is the Big Money, Brandon James. James comes out ready to go, and the match is on even before the bell rings. Of course, my eyes were on Emma at ringside, and she did pretty good work. It was a good match, but I think it could have been better. Not really sure what happened here, either. Emma gets up on the ringside, drawing Lobster Warrior's attention, and James capitalizes for the victory. Christian Faith--gold on the mic. I think the man could hype a garden slug against a rubber hose and make it sound good. And tonight's match is so far above that. He tears Vengeance a new one verbally, and says that he's going to do the same in the match tonight. Rich Money comes out...and look who the referee for this match is. Shane Stones, of course. Bling is out, and apparently unaware of what transpired earlier. The match starts out slowly, but it's quickly apparent that Stones is going to do what Money paid him to do, when he stops to tie his shoe when Bling gets a rollup. And when Money returns the favor a few moments later, the quick count gets the victory. Bling is obviously livid--I'm sure we'll hear more of this feud. Steve Frehley against Remo. Yeah, we just saw it on Tuesday, but they kicked it up a (small) notch here tonight. Again, both men no sold the others offense...and again, Remo took it with The Destroyer. So 5 straight losses now. Then a fun little video montage played. I can say this about Eric Eisen--the kid can ham it up like nobody's business. A training montage to the Rocky theme got a good reaction out of the crowd, and it kept him off the live mic, too. My feud's ender--Last Man Standing. I was suitably impressed with the lengths these two men went to. All out, all over the arena. They actually hit the nosebleed seats at one point, and had an impressive spot where Vengeance ended up rolling down a couple flights of the arena stairs. Yes, I said flights. They eventually made it back to the ring, however, and then started pulling out weapons. I really don't know why anyone thinks we keep that stuff under the ring, but it was all used for this matchup. Both men were bloodied, and neither could stand for long...in the end, Vengeance managed to get to his feet at 9 1/2 while Faith stayed down...but as soon as the ref counted 10, Vengeance was out as well. That was an amazing match, and I'm glad I booked it. Jack Bruce came on screen in the back (while medics tended to Faith and Vengeance), and hyped up the match with Eric. You know what I said about Faith on the mic earlier? Goes for Jack, too. He actually made me want to watch Eric in the ring. (Sorry, Richard, but it's true.) Gold, pure gold. Unfortunately, the main event wasn't as good as the promo. I now wish I had lobbied harder to get the LMS match to be the main event, but it was not to be. I mean, in and of itself, this was a pretty good match, but compared to what it could have been? I regret it being the main event. Eric couldn't sell his way out of a paper bag, and he can't really tell a story in the ring either. The New York Minute gets the victory as Jack retains. All in all, a pretty good show. I'm pleased with the results, but looking forward to the next month. [QUOTE] The Amazing Bumfholes over Death Row to retain the World Tag Team Championship : D Pain Alliance attacks the Bumfholes : D+ Emma and Brandon hype : B+ Frederique Antonio Garcia over Robbie Retro : C Shane Stones gets bribed : E- Remo and Steve Frehley argue : B+ Brandon James over Lobster Warrior : C+ Christian Faith hype : B+ Rich Money over Groucho Bling to retain the North American Championship : C+ Vengeance hype : B+ Remo over Steve Frehley : B- Eric Eisen training montage : B+ Christian Faith over Vengeance in a Last Man Standing Match : A Jack Bruce Hype : A Jack Bruce over Eric Eisen to retain the World Heavyweight Championship : B- Final Rating : B [/QUOTE] Buy rates are in, and we got an 8.15. Pretty good, I'd think.

Roster Updates [Monday, Week 3, January 2008 | 4:18 PM] [b]Roster Updates[/b] Just got permission to talk about some of the new hires we've gotten lately. Our hiring spree is pretty much complete (though of course we're always on the lookout for decent talent), and we've sent people where they need to go. So allow me to introduce you to the newest SWF talent--nobody here is going to be a big secret or anything, I don't believe, so you can know about them. I know some of these guys are big names around the indy scenes, but with probably only two exceptions, they're not really well known to the casual fans. Steve Flash was our first hire, a dependable probable midcard star, and one who can really teach the young guys. He's coming to the end of his career, and I think he's only going to get a short run here on the main roster before being sent to one of the developmentals to help train. Also coming to the main roster are Casey Valentine, Steven Parker, Darryl Devine, and Ultimate Phoenix. Valentine is the nephew of Peter Valentine...but looks to have a hair more talent. Parker came up through Rip Chord's company, and had just gained a PSW championship when we came calling. We thought about sending him down to RIPW, but didn't think he'd get anything out of it. Darryl and Phoenix are big names on the independents, and very well may shine here in SWF. Oh, and we got Chris Caulfield too. DaVE extremist, now in SWF. I wonder if they're going to put him in with James or not--that's out of my hands at this point. Also hired, but sent to development were Mainstream Hernandez, Kirk Jameson, Matt Hocking, and Kashmir Singh, all of whom came from FCW, and when they signed our contracts we sent them right back there. Another year or so, and they may get called up. We'll see. And The Masked Patriot got the call from MAW, and was sent to RIPW. Rip wanted the gimmick, though, so he's got the nickname 'Bulldozer' from his pure size and will be working under his real name Brandon Smith. That's it for now...oh wait. Talking with Peter and some of the other guys, we realized that we didn't really have anything for Enygma to do right now--so he's been sent to FCW to help train the luchadores and other high flyers. Not great, but hey, at least he'll stay active. Other funny news out of FCW, though. Apparently Shawn Gonzalez (he's got the book down there) got into this huge row with Titan. Next day, word came that Titan was fired 'due to financial concerns'. I don't know about you, but I wonder what kind of financial concern that was. Supreme TV tomorrow. Be sure to tune in, yeah?

Supreme TV Week 3 January 2008 [Tuesday, Week 3, January 2008 | 10:51 PM] [b]Supreme TV[/b] Down south today, in the bayou. Louisiana Auditorium. After Manhattan, this place seems tiny, but I've been here before and it's far from it. I have here that official attendance today was 9,626, so almost a sellout, but not quite. The near capacity crowd was hopping after the PPV, so we hoped to give them a huge show. Started out well. Jack Bruce's music started up, and the World Heavyweight Champion came out to the ring to a nice big pop. After letting the cheers die down for a bit, he talked for a while about how many challengers he's taken out, and how he's still the champ. He talked about Eric Eisen and how he didn't stand a chance... And that's when Eric himself came out. He insisted that Bruce's victory on Thursday was a fluke, and that he wanted to have another chance. The two got nose to nose before finally, Bruce laughed it off, backed up and said he'd think about it. He raised the belt high and started to walk off. He didn't make it entirely out of the arena, however, before he was attacked. But not by Eric Eisen--nope, Vengeance came out from behind the curtain, and beat down the champ, finishing it off by powerbombing him on the metal ramp. Bruce sold it wonderfully. First match of the night was next, showcasing the undercard. Paul Huntingdon taking on Brett Biggz--Paul already has a victory over Bart, and he's looking to go two for two against the Biggz Boyz. It always amazes me when the crowd turns on Brett though--you'd think Jessie being with him would be enough for them. But no, and it seemed to affect his performance a bit. Anyway, Paul hits the High Society for the victory, letting him get both of them down for the three. Promo time. First up, it's the Bumfholes, who are understandably furious after the Pain Alliance attacked them on the pay-per-view. They show a quick clip of the attack for those at home that didn't order, and then follow up by demanding a match against the duo, next week--and they'll put the titles on the line. Next, Groucho Bling comes out, equally upset. He rants about Rich Money for a while, and finalizes it by saying he deserves another shot, and he's not going to rest until he gets it...he's about to walk off when Rich Money himself walks into the screen. Money looks Bling up and down, and finally agrees to a rematch, at Nothing to Lose. But before he goes, he reminds Bling that "Money really can buy anything...I thought you'd learned that by now." Back in the ring, Bling's sometimes partner Elmo Benson is up for some singles action, against Joe Sexy. Not a bad match, but certainly not as good as I'd thought it could be -- Yeah, this one's under my purview at the moment. Elmo gets the shock pinfall after hitting a Shockwave from Next Year. Sexy is beside himself, and takes it out on Benson for a few moments, absolutely destroying the other man. Backstage again, with Emma Chase and Brandon James. They go on about how Lobster Warrior is once again missing an episode of Supreme TV after tangling with James. How he was obviously biting off more than he could chew. And how, now that Lobby was out of the way, James could move away from the small fish and start looking at the rest of the big pond. Next up is the debut of Chris Caulfield. He gets to take on Enforcer Roberts in his first matchup, while Duane, Ana, and Jerry talk about his credentials in 'those other places'. The two of them put on a decent performance, but certainly not up to the level of the card they're at right now. Caulfield gets the victory with the Danger Drop. Then, Christian Faith. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This man deserves more microphone time. Tonight, he's talking about the main event, where he gets to take on Remo in singles action. How it wasn't supposed to be the main event, but since Jack Bruce is out of action at least for the day, he gets to step in and steal the show. And I hang on every word. He's just that good. And the match--well, it lived up to it's billing. Not up to the classic he put on with Vengeance just under a week ago, but close to it. Neither man held back an inch, and when weapons became involved, they both went at it with gusto. That unfortunately caused the referee to call for the bell, but the crowd didn't seem to care...but they got separated and weren't allowed to finish the fight. I imagine we haven't seen the end of this. All in all, a pretty good show. Good start for the next month. To Recap: [QUOTE] Jack Bruce talks the talk, Eric Eisen Challenges : B- Vengeance attacks Jack Bruce : B+ Paul Huntingdon over Brett Biggz : D+ Bumfholes challenge Pain Alliance : D+ Groucho Bling challenges Rich Money : C- Money accepts : B- Elmo Benson over Joe Sexy : C+ Sexy attacks Benson : C+ Emmy & Brandon James taunt Lobby : B+ Chris Caulfield over Enforcer Roberts : C+ Christian Faith hype : B+ Christian Faith and Remo fight to a double DQ : B+ Final Rating : B [/QUOTE] So yeah, a good show. Ratings came in at 3.53 on C.A.N.N. and 0.09 on UK Broadcasting Secondary. Hey, both of them went up--that can only mean good things.

Supreme TV Week 4 January 2008 [Tuesday, Week 4, January 2008 | 11:18 PM] [b]Supreme TV[/b] OK, it's been a week, and your humble narrator apologizes for that. There just hasn't been a host of news here at SWF in the past week. But hey, we had a show tonight, and I'm here with your inside scoop, yeah? We were in the Connecticut Symphony Hall tonight, with 9,372 attending. Down slightly from last week, but not by much. I will say one thing--the dark match showcased a new tag team that'll likely be going on to big things. I was pleased with the way it came out...even if the crowd seemed to be getting on their case a little bit as it ran long. We opened up...well, weak again. I mean, it was a championship match, but still. The Amazing Bumfholes put their Tag Team Championship on the line against the Pain Alliance. Once again, the crowd was solidly against BSS. Otherwise, it was a standard tag team match, with the heels solidly in control until Zimmy was able to make the leaping tag to Randy, who cleaned house, then tagged Zimmy bag in to make the Bumfhole in One on Kurt Laramee. Bumfholes retain. Marc DuBois comes out and says that even though he thinks he shouldn't have to fight, he's been informed that he has to make a defense of his belt. He rants for a bit about how he's so good nobody would even dare face him for it, and how it's just a waste of time for him to be out here. He starts to say that obviously nobody wants to face him, when Akima Brave comes out to the Wildboyz' music, followed closely by BJ O'Neill...and the match is on. It was a pretty good matchup for the Shooting Star Championship--two title matches to start the show is actually pretty good. Marc showcased his skill, and fairly well demolished Akima. The Model Solution gets the submission, and Marc walks out with the belt held high, shaking his head sadly. We go back to the Biggz Boyz' locker room, where the two of them are huddled up with Jessie. Apparently, they don't like the fact that Paul Huntingdon has defeated both of them now, and they're trying to come up with a plan to take him down. Jessie...well, she saved the segment, I think. Backstage, we find Eric Eisen walking. He turns a corner, and comes face to face with Vengeance. Immediately, Eric starts laying into the big man, ranting about how Vengeance is sticking his head in where it doesn't belong, how he's hurting Eric's chances of becoming champion, and how he should just butt out. Vengeance listens to all of this impassively, then reaches down and picks Eric up so he's literally right in his face. He says just two words. "Ring. Tonight." Eric stammers, gets wide-eyed, and agrees, as Vengeance walks off. "Big Money" Brandon James comes out to the ring, where Robbie Retro is waiting him. He looks disgusted at his opponent for the night, but gets in and starts the warmups and the opening moves. The match gets well underway, and James seems to have things well in hand...at least until Lobster Warrior comes out from under the ring--I never saw him get in there, so he must have been hanging around for a while. He locks on the claw while Emma argues with the referee, and backs off as soon as the ref turns around. Retro takes easy control after that, as Lobby backs out with a smirk on his face. However, no matter how much control he can get, Retro just can't get the pinfall...and when Garcia makes his presence felt in the match, James recovers quickly and hits the Big Money Move for the win. A fun match, though again, I think it could have been better. Groucho Bling is backstage, changing into his streets (he was involved in the dark match). As he opens his locker, a very expensive looking watch falls out, and into his hand. He looks quite confused, and glances around the locker room to see if anyone else is around, finally stuffing the watch into his bag and walking out. Back in the ring, two men trying to get on the right page, Steve Frehley taking on Jack Giedroyc. This was a good brawl, and Dawn did some good work cheering Jack on. Frehley looked like a monster, but was still unable to come up with a win after the Crashing On took him out. Christian Faith is backstage, being Christian Faith, when Runaway Train enters. Train starts laughing as soon as he sees Faith, and taunting him about his successive losses to Vengeance and Remo. Faith, of course, takes exception to this, and before long the two of them are brawling around the banquet area. Tables and chairs go flying, and there's even a comedy spot as Train ends up with some Egg Salad smeared into his face. Main Event pits Eric Eisen against Vengeance. Hard hitting...but neither man selling a thing. Certainly could have done better in that department, but I like where this is leading. I think. Of course, the ending was almost a foregone conclusion, I think, as Jack Bruce makes his 'surprise' return, laying out Eisen with a New York Minute before turning to Vengeance and starting with some fists. The match is called just as Bruce takes down the big man, and stands tall with the championship belt. Not bad, but not great. A little under last weeks performance, I think--and the main event helped out in that regard, I'm sure. Recap: [QUOTE] The Amazing Bumfholes over The Pain Alliance to retain the World Tag Team Championship : D Marc DuBois is better than everyone : C+ Marc DuBois over Akima Brave to retain the Shooting Star Championship : C- Biggz Boyz thinking : C- Eric Eisen and Vengeance argue : B+ Brandon James over Robbie Retro : C+ Groucho Bling finds a watch : C+ Jack Giedroyc over Steve Frehley : C+ Train taunts Faith w/Brawl : B Eric Eisen and Vengeance Draw : C+ Final Rating: B- [/QUOTE] Rating on C.A.N.N. went down this week to a 3.43, but UK Broadcasting Secondary retained the five hundred or so new viewers this week around with the 0.09. Maybe next week we'll hit 0.1!

Supreme TV Week 1 February 2008 [Tuesday, Week 1, February 2008 | 11:28 PM] [b]Supreme TV[/b] Some backstage news before we get into the show. Angry Gilmore is back from his injury! He was involved in the pre-show tonight, but I'm sure he'll be back in full soon enough. That's good news, at least to me. The V. Thompson Arena was our home for the night, and the crowd...well, it wasn't as big as it could have been. Entire sections were tarped off tonight, and I saw the final attendance was 7,260. But that's the South West for you--and since Tommy and TCW had the other side of the arena at the exact same time, I guess I can't complain. I just wonder how many people bought tickets for both shows. We start out with Groucho Bling entering the arena--a staff member finds him and hands him a package, saying it had just arrived for him. Groucho frowns, but sits down to open it--to find a gaudy necklace with a big 'B' encrusted with what looks like diamonds hanging from it. He shakes his head and stuffs it away--but as he walks away, we catch a glimpse of his wrist to see that he's got the watch from last week on. Our first in-ring segment is a match between Valiant and Kid Toma. I really don't have much to say about this except that I hope their storyline doesn't put them together too often. The only really watchable part of this match was O'Neill. Valiant with the victory, and I really hope I'm done with this. Robbie Retro is backstage, where he comes across Garcia. He taunts Garcia a few times, finally getting the other man angry enough to come at him. That's when Greg Rayne comes out of nowhere to drive Garcia into the cement wall on the other side, allowing Retro to get the advantage on him. Seriously. Rayne? I mean, I know he's got big things ahead of him, but as an ally to Robbie Retro? Brandon James makes his way out to the ring next, accompanied as always by Emma Chase. No promos this time, this is for a match...against Steve Frehley. With the way these two have been going lately, the result of this match could have been called without either man leaving their hotel rooms. Frehley does some good work, and gets James down a few times, but in the end, he succumbs like all before him to the Big Money Move. Chris Caulfield, SWF's newest star, is backstage, doing some warmups, when Squeeky McClean finds him. Yeah, Squeeky, remember him? Well, Squeeky makes some disparaging remarks about Caulfield's wrestling origins, and how the kind of brawl he likes is so far from the Clean wrestling Squeeky prefers that he wouldn't last a minute in the ring with him. Caulfield tells him to prove it, and the match is made. Next up is a match that we're told Jack Bruce requested so he can see who the number one contender is going to be. Vengeance comes out, and tonight will be taking on Joe Sexy. Odd choice, but ok. These two don't really work all that well together, but still managed to make the match look watchable. It was all for naught, however, as Elmo Benson came in and took out Sexy while Vengeance kept the referee occupied. One Skull Krusher later, and Vengeance had the victory. Kurt Laramee and Big Smack Scott--whey are they still here again? Well, apparently, they want another shot at the World Tag Team Championships--they want the gold. Seriously boys, don't quit your day job....oh, right. Then the match that was made earlier. Squeeky and Chris put on a heck of a fight, and Squeeky even pulls out some of the cheap moves that have made him semi-famous. But it wasn't going to be enough, as he eats a Danger Drop to give Caulfield his second straight victory. But hey, a boost...Emma Chase leaves the locker room, and vanishes around a corner...and we see Lobster Warrior come around a different corner, and enter the locker room. A moment later, there's a crash, and he walks out---as Brandon James is laid out inside. Lobby nods with a big smile on his face. The main event of the evening, likewise being held to allow Bruce to determine a number one contender. Eric Eisen is the nominal contender in this match, and he's taking on Runaway Train. Eisen looks in shock at having to take on two huge men two weeks in a row, but he steels himself and enters the ring anyway. Train dominates for a while, though Eric still has trouble selling the devastating looking moves. After an actual good-looking referee bump (maybe Eric could take lessons from the ref), Christian Faith enters, and hits a Leap of Faith, taking Train out of the equation. Eisen quickly capitalizes, getting the big man up and into the Silver Spoon Shock (barely), and rousing the referee for the victory. He celebrates, but only briefly. Jack Bruce's music hits, and the champ comes out at the top of the ramp. He tells us that after what he's seen tonight, neither Vengeance nor Eric Eisen deserve to be the #1 contender, since niether could get the job done themselves. However, since both of their opponents were attacked by those that have already had beefs with them...he'll overlook that. But as for which one will be the challenger at Nothing to Lose? Well, neither deserves a solo shot. Therefore, at Nothing to Lose, Jack Bruce will defend the World Heavyweight Championship in a Triple Threat match against BOTH Eric Eisen and Vengeance. The show...well, weak crowd, and another Eric Eisen main event left us lacking, I think. Hopefully next week will pick us up. Recap: [QUOTE] Groucho gets another gift : C+ Valiant over Kid Toma : D+ Retro and Rayne trap Garcia : C+ Brandon James over Steve Frehley : C+ Chris Caulfield and Squeeky McClean argument : B- Vengeance over Joe Sexy : C Pain Alliance challenges for a rematch : C- Chris Caulfield over Squeeky McClean : B- Lobster Warrior attacks Brandon James : B Eric Eisen over Runaway Train : C Jack Bruce declares a Triple Threat : B Final Rating : C [/QUOTE] Yeah, a C. It just wasn't that good. Viewership numbers were down again, to 3.39 on C.A.N.N. UKBS stayed at 0.09, though, so I guess that's good. Some more roster moves have been coming, but no major signings from the American scene, at least. I'm sure they'll be on the shows in weeks to come.

[QUOTE=The Shape;446818]Another good show, although the heel vs. heel match-ups made things a little awkward I think. I like Groucho's push and the angle going on there, but Elmo on the other hand gets a huge "meh" from me :p[/QUOTE] Yeah, the heel-heels were awkward, but I didn't really think about it until after I'd booked it. As for Elmo's storyline...well, he just doesn't have anything to do otherwise if Groucho's going singles.

Supreme TV Week 2 February 2008 [Wednesday, Week 2, February 2008 | 1:27 AM] [b]Supreme TV[/b] Late post tonight, but whatever. It was a good show tonight, I think. We sold out Evanovich Riverside -- we're in Tri State right now, and a full 10,000 people packed the building. I've been getting ideas for a couple of stables forming around my brain. I'm going to have to talk with Pete about them tomorrow, I think. But since this was the last show before "Nothing to Lose", then I guess I should get into the summary, right? First match out was The Samoan Wildboyz taking on a brand new tag team in the SWF Ranks, The Heartbreakers. Can you guess who that is? Well, probably not. It's made up of Darryl Devine and Casey Valentine, and tonight was Devine's showcase. Valentine just couldn't get it going tonight, which left it up to Devine and the Samoans to bring the match up. They couldn't quite get it into the appropriate level for what it should have been, but whatever. Devine scores the victory with the Devine Dream Drop. All four men are shooed out of the ring by Joe Sexy. Sexy grabs a microphone and calls out Elmo Benson, saying that they need to air out their differences. Benson, surprisingly, comes out, microphone in hand...but before he can get anything out, he's waylaid by Rich Money, who drives him into the wall beside the entrance, leaving him groaning on the floor. Sexy laughs, and reminds Benson that they have a tag team match later tonight. Cut backstage, where the Bumfholes are waiting with the Tag Team belts. They cut into the Pain Alliance for a while before finally accepting the invitation for the match at Nothing to Lose. Not really a whole lot to say about this. In the ring, we've got another debut tonight, this one as singles action. Jack Giedroyc takes on the newcomer Steven Parker. Can you tell that we'd realized we hadn't really been using our new hires much? That'll probably change if our plans for a second television show go through, though. Parker did a great job for his first match with the company, but unlike some of the others, he didn't manage to win his first one, as Jack hit the Crashing On. Backstage again, where we come into a beatdown that's already in progress. Squeeky McClean has apparently snagged the help of Kurt Laramee, and the two of them are laying the boots into Chris Caulfield, who was evidently ambushed, and is down and bleeding while they continue to attack. We fade to commercial even while this is going on--who knows how long they continue the assault. We come back to a shot of Remo and Runaway Train looking at each other in silence. Finally, Train breaks that silence with a single word question. "Faith?" Remo nods, and the two shake hands. For such a simple segment, I actually think that gave me good vibes. Or bad vibes, if I was Christian Faith. In the ring now, Eric Eisen is taking on Robbie Retro. Evidently, with his two opponents at Nothing To Lose involved in the main event, it was deemed unfair that Eric wasn't fighting tonight, so this match was thrown together at the last moment. By now, we should all know how this turns out. Eisen has control for a while, but eventually, Robbie starts taking over. Just as Robbie Retro seems to be in command, Garcia dives out of the crowd, and takes him out. Eric recovers, and hits the Silver Spoon Shock for the victory. Backstage, we see Steve Frehley sitting in front of a television--it seems he's looking at tapes of his recent matches, and he doesn't look happy about it. While we continue to watch, the announcers inform us that Steve Frehley has been signed to a match against Enforcer Roberts at Nothing to Lose...and it's obvious he's going to want to win to snap his recent losing streak. Next up, Rich Money and Joe Sexy come out to the ring together, laughing and joking the whole way to the ring. Then High Concept's music hits, and Groucho comes out alone...only for Elmo to limp up behind him. The two of them make their way to the ring, but it's fairly obvious that Elmo is hurt, and he isn't much of a factor in this fight. Sexy gets the inevitable victory after hitting a One Night Stand on Groucho, then gets in Elmo's face for a bit. Emma's on screen again. That's always nice. Even with Brandon James filling the area behind her. She goes off on Lobster Warrior again, typical stuff at this point. How Brandon just wants to be rid of him. How it's time to move on. But if Lobby still wants to fight, Brandon James isn't going to back down--and that's why, at Nothing to Lose, they will meet in a Street Fight. Eric Eisen makes his way to the ring, settling down in a chair at ringside just before Vengeance makes his way out for the main event. They get into a staring contest until Brandon James makes his way out, drawing Vengeance back into the ring. Then the faces, Jack Bruce and Lobster Warrior come out, and the bell rings. This was quite a good match, especially compared to some of the others that we've been putting on lately. Good work at ringside by Emma, distracting the referee and allowing numerous double teams by Vengeance and James. In the end, James gets another victory, hitting the Big Money Move on Bruce! James has a victory over the World Heavyweight Champion...and that can't sit well with anybody in or around that ring except himself. Show's done now, two days to the PPV. Be sure to check us out, will you? Recap: [QUOTE] The Heartbreakers over The Samoan Wildboyz : D- Sexy and Money trap Elmo Benson : B- The Bumfholes accept Pain Alliance's Challenge : C- Jack Giedroyc over Steven Parker : C Caulfield attacked by McClean and Laramee : C+ Train and Remo unite against Faith : B Eric Eisen over Robbie Retro : C Frehley upset backstage : C+ Hype for Frehley v Roberts : C Rich Money & Joe Sexy over High Concept : C- Emma Chase and Brandon James Hype : B Eric Eisen scouts his competition : B Brandon James & Vengeance over Jack Bruce & Lobster Warrior : B Final Rating : B- [/QUOTE] We've gotten only one of our ratings in so far, as C.A.N.N. posted a dismal 3.10. Not good, really.

Final Card for Nothing to Lose [Wednesday, Week 2, February 2008 | 10:18 AM] [b]Final Card for Nothing to Lose[/b] The Amazing Bumfholes(c) vs The Pain Alliance for the SWF World Tag Team Championship Steve Frehley vs Enforcer Roberts Lobster Warrior vs Brandon James in a Street Fight Rich Money(c) vs Groucho Bling for the SWF North American Championship Jack Bruce (c) vs Eric Eisen vs Vengeance for the SWF World Heavyweight Championship And as always, I'd appreciate your comments, predictions, and questions. [i]OOC: Show will probably go up Monday--It's all written up, I just don't often spend time posting on weekends.[/i]

Nothing to Lose 2008 [Thursday, Week 2, February 2008 | 11:16 PM] [b]Nothing to Lose[/b] The boxes here at Maryland Wood aren't as good as some of the other places I've been, but still enjoyable. We're here for Nothing to Lose, and I sat down with high hopes. The crowd was pretty hot, 24,769 strong, and looking forward to a great show. The dark match was ok, but revealed some poor chemistry--something to keep in mind for the future, I guess. But the show came on with the pyros, the announcers welcoming us to Nothing to Lose. The cameras pan around the crowd, and one of the faces they happen upon is Angry Gilmore, sitting in the front row and still bandaged up from his shoulder injury. He waves to the camera with his good arm, but keeps the scowl on his face. A few more people are shown, big signs, and the general excitement in the air. Of course, things can't stay good and happy for long, as we're quickly taken to a camera backstage, where evidently Christian Faith has been ambushed. Remo and Runaway Train are beating the everlasting daylight right out of him, as The Guru cheers them on. It's pretty quickly obvious that they're near the ring entrance, and soon the beatdown spills into the arena. The Guru smiles and waves them on, then turns to find a referee staring at the action, like he'd never seen a backstage beatdown before. Telling Ric Young that if he doesn't want Christian Faith beaten to death, he'd better get to the ring, Guru strides through the curtain. That makes our first match of the evening an impromptu handicap match. Referee Young manages to instill some sense of order and have the bell run, making this official. Remo and Train completely dominate the action for most of the matchup, which lasts far longer than it could have with the beatdown Faith just took. Every once in a while, Christian gets a little bit of offense in, but he's taken out quickly every time. Finally, Faith seems to be down and out, and Ric Young seems to be pleading with the duo to just end the slaughter. Remo laughs, picks up Faith, and nails him with The Destroyer. Faith doesn't move, and Remo poses and places one foot on Faith. Young makes the count, probably a little quicker than he should, but Remo takes the foot off at 2...and tags in Train. Train picks Faith back up, and moves him to the corner, setting him up for the Train Wreck. Throwing himself at the corner, Train is surprised as Faith falls to the mat, the grabs him for the rollup. Young counts 1...2...3! Christian Faith takes the first fall, and rolls out of the ring as Remo and Train look on amazed. Road Agents are quickly there to prevent further violence, but it seems that Faith came out on the upper end of this one. Once the ring is cleared again, the Bumfholes come out to the ring, set to defend their Tag Team Championship. As the challengers music plays, they roll out of the ring, allowing them to have their entrance. Nobody appears, however, at the top of the entrance ramp...but Laramee and Scott vault out of the crowd, chairs in hand, and quickly lay out the champs. Rolling them into the ring, The Pain Alliance follows, and the match is underway. Zimmy and Randy fight out of the poor predicament they found themselves in at the beginning, but it's fairly obvious the damage was done. They just can't seem to get enough momentum going to get anything done...at one point, it seems as though they'd even be willing to accept a countout retention of the belts, but Scott catches the count, and gets Zimmy back into the ring, where he eats a Switchblade Powerslam...and we have new World Tag Team Champions! Not sure about that choice...but then, I guess I'll have to see where this is going. Third time, though, sure wasn't the charm, as this was a fairly poor match all around. Marc DuBois makes his way out to the ring next, microphone in hand. He informs us that he has been ordered by the championship committee to find a challenger for tonight's show, as he didn't defend it at last months pay per view. Marc assumed that nobody would be foolish enough to challenge him, so he just put a signup sheet backstage...and lo and behold, it's almost full. He goes on to name some of the challengers...Ultimate Phoenix...Gino Montero...Black Eagle...who the hell are these guys? Nevertheless, he counted, and there are 10 people who signed up. So right now, rather than pick a challenger, he's just going to let them pick themselves. A ten man over-the-top-rope battle royal, right now! The winner of that match gets to face off immediately against Marc DuBois for the SWF Shooting Star Championship. So, the battle royal begins. We're rushed through the introductions--these are all lower card members, after all. We're treated to Andre Jones, Bart Biggz, Black Eagle, Darryl Devine, Gino Montero (making his debut, I believe), Greg Rayne, Kid Toma, Paul Huntingdon, Steven Parker, and Ultimate Phoenix (another debut). For what it was, it wasn't a bad match. Gino Montero took the honors of being the first to get thrown over the top, tossed by Darryl Devine before a full minute had passed. Next out was Andre Jones, hit by a hard clothesline by Black Eagle. Eagle himself was eliminated third, taken out by a high-flying Ultimate Phoenix, who was then tossed over by Kid Toma. Down to six men in the ring, Greg Rayne was the next to go when he found himself on the loosing end of a Steven Parker superkick. Bart Biggz went next, as Paul Huntingdon tracked him down and sent him over, but he got his revenge moments later, pulling on Paul's arm as he taunted Bart, and yanking him to the ground. The two argued outside as Toma, Darryl, and Parker remained in the ring. Toma put up a heck of a fight, but found himself double-teamed by Devine and Parker for about three minutes, and eventually, he was tossed out...but managed to skin the cat, staying in the ring as Parker turned on Devine and threw him out without much of a fight. Parker celebrated in the ring, thinking he had won, but Toma launched at him...only to have parker duck the clothesline and send him over the rope after all. The bell rung, and almost immediately, rang again. DuBois slid into the ring, and the Shooting Star match was on. Parker was a bit warn out from the battle royal, and DuBois took advantage of that, trying to keep the pace high. He locked on a Model Solution at the five minute mark, and wrenched it back hard, trying to get Parker to submit, but the challenger just wouldn't give up. Finally, DuBois decided to try another tactic, and released the hold. Parker reversed the DDT attempt, and using a quick rollup, grabbed the tights with one hand, and the rope with the other, to secure victory. As the belt was handed to Parker, DuBois looked on with a blank expression on his face. Those matches over with, Steve Frehley is out to see if he can break his losing streak. I say it's not bloodly likely--his contract is the first one due up for negotation, and chances are that he won't be resigned (we still haven't gotten Richard to budge from that order of his), so he'll probably be relegated to jobbing for most of the rest of his time with us before he likely moves on to TCW. Enforcer Roberts comes out, and the match is on. It's pretty good, lots of brawling, lots of good moves. Frehley looks good, and of course, nearly gets the match sewn up a few times, but just can't make it stick. Roberts eventually claims victory with an RCT. Next out are Brandon James and Emma Chase. Brandon stalks the ring looking intimidating, while Emma Chase gets the microphone and hypes up the next match, mainly her clients Street Fight with Lobster Warrior. She reminds us that Brandon is a hardcore enthusiast, someone who made his living for years in this environment, while Lobby is just a comedy character who's never been hardcore. This streetfight is right up Brandon's alley, and there's no way he's going to lose tonight. Of course, that calls out the opponent, and James meets him halfway up the ramp. This was a fun brawl, with all kinds of weapons being used. Nobody batted an eye when Emma got into the fray a bit--I think it was a can of pepper spray into the face of Lobby. Lobster Warrior looked good, and got a few near falls, but James just proved too resilient, and wouldn't stay down. Eventually, James managed to hit the Big Money Move through a table, and covered Lobby's twitching body for the victory. Disappointingly, word from the other writers is that Brandon James invoked the Creative Control clause that Richard gave him for the first time tonight--he absolutely refused to job to Lobby here. I wonder what that means for the future of the fued, and if it can ever actually end successfully, or if James will end up causing troubles down the line. Rich Money is out next, the North American belt in hand. As Groucho Bling comes out to the ring, Money grabs a microphone. He informs us, and Bling, that he forgot to mention one tiny little detail about this match. Yes, it's going to happen. Yes, it's for the North American Championship. But what he forgot to mention was this--it's a No Disqualification match. Anything goes. Bling shrugs, tells him to bring it, and enters the ring. The match itself is ok, but not great. Money is obviously playing a waiting game, just keeping to the defensive, at least until he gets an opportunity to throw Bling to the outside. Once he does so, he rolls out and starts to assault his opponent, throwing him into the ring steps, the railing, and anything else he can find. Eventually, he removes the padding from the security railing, and throws Groucho into it. Money then rolls back in the ring, turns back to the crowd, and nods. Bling is already getting to his feet, and heading for the ring, when he's caught from behind--by Angry Gilmore. Gilmore rips off his bandages, and absolutely brutalizes Bling with an Anger Management...then a second...and a third. After the third, he rolls him back into the ring, and Money nonchalantly makes the cover for the easy victory. While medics tend to Bling, and the crowd boos Gilmore, we're treated to a fairly long video hyping the main event. Jack Bruce's reign as champion, the challengers he's defeated. Eric Eisen's rise to contender status. Vengeance's reign of terror and the absolute destruction of Christian Faith recently. The three-way match is built up quite well, and by the time it's done, the crowd is cheering again. The cheers just get louder as Jack Bruce enters the arena. He plays to the crowd, high fiving all the way down to the ring. Eric Eisen enters next, and he and Bruce stare each other down in the ring. Then the lights go out...and when they come up only a moment later, Vengeance is standing in the middle of the ring. I don't know where he came from, seriously. They weren't down long enough for him to get in there. Nevertheless, the match started fast and furious. It was quickly obvious that no pair of wrestlers were going to work together for long in this matchup, but one pair that never worked together was Bruce and Vengeance. Eric would help out one or the other, always seeming to look for his spot. He would be the one to get the first few near falls, scoring a 1-count on Vengeance, and a solid 2-and-a-half on Bruce at one point before Bruce nailed him with a New York Minute. Vengeance was on the scene even before Bruce could attempt the cover, and the next few minutes showcased those two going at it, a brutal brawling matchup. Vengeance would get the upper hand in this pairing, scoring with the Skull Krusher. He made the cover, and got a two count before Eisen came in for the save. Eisen and Vengeance went at it for a bit, with Eisen relying on his speed and agility to take the big man down, going for the knees. He did get a couple of near falls, but eventually, Vengeance would take him out as well. Another two count was interrupted, however. Bruce and Vengeance went at it again, and Eric would join in after a while, in a solid three-way matchup. Eisen would come out with the next big finishing move, actually managing to score with the Silver Spoon Shock on Vengeance. His momentum was incredibly short lived, however, as he turned around into a New York Minute and the sudden 1-2-3 to allow Jack Bruce to retain the World Heavyweight Championship yet again. The show closes with him standing in a corner of the ring, belt held high. Not a bad show...but not a good show either. I've heard around the grapevine (yes, I read the wrestling forums) that people seem to be kind of down on our storylines at the moment. To be honest, I'm not sure if I agree with them--but then, I guess I'm a bit biased. To Recap: [QUOTE] Shot of Angry Gilmore in the audience : B- Remo and Runaway Train attack Christian Faith : B Short skit with The Guru and Ric Young : D+ Christian Faith over Remo and Runaway Train : B- The Pain Alliance sneak attacks the Bumfholes : D The Pain Alliance over The Amazing Bumfholes to win the World Tag Team Championship : D+ Marc DuBois announces his invitational challenge : C+ Steven Parker wins a 10-man battle royal : Steven Parker over Marc DuBois to win the Shooting Star Championship : C- Enforcer Roberts over Steve Frehley : B- Emma Chase and Brandon James hype the street fight : B Brandon James over Lobster Warrior in a Street Fight : B- Rich Money reveals the title match is No Disqualification : B Rich Money over Groucho Bling to retain the North American Championship : C+ Hype Video for the World Heavyweight Championship Match : B+ Jack Bruce over Eric Eisen and Vengeance to retain the World Heavyweight Championship : B- Final Rating : C+ [/QUOTE] Our buyrate went way down this month--7.76. Here's hoping that the next month will let us pick that back up.

Supreme TV Week 3 February 2008 [Tuesday, Week 3, February 2008 | 11:41 PM] [b]Supreme TV[/b] A little bit before I begin tonight. I thought this was a good show. I was pleased with pretty much every segment. Yet, somehow, it came out less than expected overall. Something that was a disappointment--Pete's already called an emergency meeting tomorrow to discuss how this will all pan out. So, here's hoping. Anyway, we called the Wisconsin Gardens our home for the night, and we had 7,236 in attendance. Not a great crowd by any stretch of the imagination, but not horrible either. Decent dark show segment got the crowd hopping a bit, leading into an opening that should have killed, at least in my opinion. After the opening pyros, Jack Bruce steps out onto the ramp, holding the World Heavyweight Championship up high. Gotta tell those who didn't purchase the PPV exactly who won last night, and do it quickly. He makes his way to the ring, celebrating the victory a bit before grabbing a microphone. He runs down a quick synopsis of the match on Thursday, and does a pretty good job on it. He starts ripping into Eric Eisen...which of course brings Eisen out to the ring. Eric rants against Bruce for a bit, claiming how the three-way match up was stacked in Bruce's favor (how he gets that bit of logic, I don't know), and that he deserves another shot at the title, another singles shot. Before Jack can even answer, however, Christian Faith's music hits, and he comes out to a huge pop. He says that no offense to Eric or to those that have been bothering him lately....which is all he gets to say before Remo, The Guru, and Runaway Train come out to the ring. Guru tells Faith that he's a washed up has-been, and if anyone deserves a shot at the title, it's one of his boys. This leads into a long round of arguments, before the lights go out. When they come back on, Vengeance is in the ring, surrounded by everyone else. His stares dare them to attack, but he says nothing, only motions for the belt. Jack gets back on the microphone and says that it's great to be loved, but it's obvious that this'll need to be worked out and soon. He apologizes to Eric Eisen...says that he's had his shot. The other four, we'll see them tonight in the main event to see who will become the next #1 contender. All in all, a great segment. Though, honestly, I think the crowd was down on it a bit--probably rumours of Vengeance and Train's upcoming contract negotiations and how down Richard is on them right now. Yeah, about that. You guys need to stop talking. Anyway, the ring is cleared out, and we get to our opening matchup. Probably not the strongest match in the ring, but it wasn't bad. The Heartbreakers (once again, that's Devine and Valentine) face off against the Biggz Boyz. Jessie was hot at ringside, and did her usual amazing work, and eventually, Bart would claim victory over Valentine with the Biggz Up. Solid, but not great. Just afterward, of course, the heels vacate the ring just in time for Paul Huntingdon to roll in, and take out both of the celebrating Biggz'. He stands over them, with a giant grin on his face--a tad creepy, actually. Cut backstage, where Lobster Warrior has earned some face time. He rails against Brandon James some more, says that a third time will be a charm, and demands a third match against him, to happen at Awesome Impact. He says that this time, he'll definitely come out on top. Though readers of my column will now--that's apparently entirely up to Brandon James. He goes on to say he's going to show just how motivated he is, and calls out anyone from the back to face him. Black Eagle comes out to do the job. Lobby takes total control of the matchup, and quickly works Eagle into the Lobster Trap and the pinfall victory. He celebrates briefly, shouting at James to be on the lookout. Next up is Frederique Antonio Garcia taking on Ultimate Phoenix. Another matchup that was meant to showcase some of our newer workers while giving the veterans the chance to shine. It's actually a pretty decent match, with Phoenix getting in a touch of offense...but Garcia claims victory when Robbie Retro and Greg Rayne rush the ring, taking him out of the ring and giving Garcia the DQ. The brawl is separated during commercial. We come back to a quick recap of the North American title match. Angry Gilmore's return and Bling's loss in that match. When we come back, Bling is in the ring. He makes things short and sweet, demanding that Angry come out to the ring and get what's coming to him. Gilmore obliges. And we get the best match of the evening so far. This was a good matchup, that saw both Bling and Gilmore get some good offense in. Gilmore showed no signs of ring rust from his injury, and was able to power through a bunch of Groucho's moves. Of course, Rich Money wouldn't leave well enough alone, and came out to ringside--this distracted Bling, and eventually, the challenger leapt over the top rope to brawl with the champion. Gilmore smirked, and motioned to the referee to start the count. Bling never noticed, and Gilmore claimed a countout victory. We're reminded that Pain Alliance bested the Bumfholes on Thursday to claim the World Tag Team Championship--but told that the Bumfholes have called for their rematch to happen at Awesome Impact. Between now an then, we'll be seeing a series of singles bouts--the first of which happens right now. Zimmy takes on Kurt--the matchup that ended the bout at Nothing to Lose. Zimmy comes out on fire, but Kurt weathers the storm, and quickly turns things around. A long period of heel domination ensues, but for Zimmy, there's no comeback, and Kurt hits another Switchblade Powerslam for the victory. Main event time, in fatal four-way action. Christian Faith, Remo, Runaway Train, and Vengeance--Faith certainly has his work cut out for him if he wants to be the #1 contender tonight. Sure enough, Train and Remo quickly start double teaming Faith, while Vengeance stalked around the outside of the ring, waiting for his spots. He spent a good portion of the matchup breaking up attempted pinfalls instead of tiring himself out. Train and Remo, even though both were going for the same thing, worked quite well together--they traded off pinfall attempts and didn't do anything to break up each other's pin. Seemingly, this was something they worked out before hand. Eventually, Vengeance would interfere once too often for them, and they turned their attention on him--this would allow Faith to get to his feet, and for the first time, all four men were in action at the same time, as Faith squared off against Remo and Train took on Vengeance. Train was obviously starting to feel some of the effects of the match, and when he ate a Skull Krusher (an impressive spot, even if he did no-sell it a bit), he rolled out of the ring to catch his breath. That would prove to be the undoing of his side, as Remo would get caught in a Leap of Faith, dropping him...and Faith would turn around to fall to a Skull Krusher of his own. Neither Remo or Train were in any condition to attempt to save Faith--or maybe they didn't want to--and Vengeance scores the three count. Vengeance left quietly, with no celebration--but Remo and Train weren't down with Faith. They picked him up off the mat, and proceeded to destroy him. A Train Wreck followed by a Destroyer left him little more than a limp mass, but that was only the beginning. The two of them would pound on Faith for some time, encouraged by the Guru, until finally leaving him a bloody mess on the concrete while they posed in the middle of the ring...a pose that the television show faded to black during. To recap: [QUOTE] Opening Segment : B The Biggz Boyz over The Heartbreakers : D Paul Huntingdon attacks the Biggz' : D+ Lobster Warrior challenges Brandon James : B- Lobster Warrior over Black Eagle : C- Frederique Antonio Garcia over Ultimate Phoenix by DQ : C Groucho Bling challenges Angry Gilmore : B- Angry Gilmore over Groucho Bling by Countout : B- Kurt Laramee over Zimmy Bumfhole : C- Vengeance over Christian Faith, Remo, and Runaway Train : B Train and Remo beat down Faith : B Final Rating: C+ [/QUOTE] Apparently, word on the 'nets is that Brett Biggz was seen for just too much time tonight. I guess 12 minutes is too much--and I don't even think it was that much, but whatever. Plus, people just aren't into our stories--personally, I think they're just a bit too jaded right now. At least two of those three Bs should have been As by my book. Anyway, we got a 3.42 rating on C.A.N.N. Still waiting on the UKBS rating, but my guess is it'll be a 0.09.

Archived