Dawn of the Reaper

Grimm

[B]Week 1, June 1985 Tuesday- PNW- The Portland Sports Arena[/B] I’m facing Joel Deaton tonight. I’m feeling pretty good after having a few nights off this past week. I know Joel is pretty tough, so I’ve got to be on my guard. But things start out pretty rough. I blocked a couple moves, but he hit me about a dozen times with different moves before I got an offensive shot in. I guess it’s not good for me to be away from the ring a few days. I’m pretty worn out already, and I’ve got him on the outside to keep away from the pin. The ref was knocked down, so I use a chair to my advantage a few times. But it really didn’t affect him too much. I was doing alright, I hit a giant swing, and almost got the pin. But then he reached in his shorts and hit me with something. I barely managed to kick out, but then he hit me with a double arm DDT, and I was down for the count. 21 minutes-B- [B]Friday-HCW-Sam Houston Coliseum[/B] Ah, what a surprise! I find out that I’ll be facing my old tag team partner Bif Wellington. It’s been a while since I’ve run across him. It will be interesting to see if he’s still got that chip on his shoulder against me. As I stroll down to the ring I notice a sign a few rows back that says simply “RING THE DEATH TOLL” That’s the first time I’ve seen someone with a sign for me. That’s pretty cool I must admit. I get to the ring, and Bif seems pretty calm. But as the bell rings, he rushes over and immediately goes to work with a full arm drag and twist. I slip out, but he comes right back and takes it to me pretty good. Several minutes go by, and things are looking bleak again like the last match. I’ve got to do something here, this isn’t a good way to start things off. Finally I come back after sending him into the corner and wailing away with various moves. I hit a reverse avalanche and get a two count. After a tussle outside the ring we get back in and after a running headbutt I nearly get the pin again. Bif avoids the welcome to the morgue, and chokes me out with a microphone cord. He rolls me in the ring, and slams my head to the mat. Next he hits me in the back of the head with his knee, but after he picks me up, I avoided a running knee. After I whip him into the ropes I hit the Curtain Call and bust him open. But he still kicks out. I throw him into the corner, and raise him to the top. I’m about to go for the Six Feet Under, when Eddie Watts shows up again, and pulls me down. We exchange a few more blows until Bif takes over. He counters a Curtain Call with a clothesline. Then he reverses my whip into the corner and hits me with a flurry of stomps to the gut. He picks me up, and climbs to the top rope. He goes for a flying double axe handle, but I had the foresight to see it coming, and counter it into a Death Toll! I cover, but he kicks out again!! I quickly whip him into the corner, raise him to the top, climb up…. Then I hit the Six Feet Under!! I cover up again, 1..2…3!! 32 minutes-B- [B]Saturday-HCW-Houston Wrestling[/B] Tonight I lost a tough match to Ultimo Dragon. We had a pretty even match most of the way until I started getting the upper hand. But I couldn’t put him away as he just kept coming back. I fell out on a cross body and nearly got the pinfall. Then Ultimo almost got me with a springboard moonsault press. He went for another high cross body, and I almost got him again after I fell out on top. Shortly after I missed a Samoan running headbutt and he almost pinned me. After some more moves back and forth he avoids the Welcome to the Morgue, hit a spinning back kick, a rolling senton, and then put me away with a Cancun Tornado off the top for the win. 23 minutes-B

[B]Week 2, June 1985 Tuesday[/B] I faced Joel Deaton again. A pretty good match, but I made a few too many mistakes. I missed several late opportunities due to being too dizzy to make a move. He kicked out of a couple late Death Tolls. He put me away with a double arm ddt. 39 minutes-B [B] Wednesday-PNW-Portland Sports Arena Blow Out[/B] I got to face my old buddy Eddie Watts tonight. It was another decent match. He tried to go toe to toe with me, but in the ring he just can’t match me, at least legally. Near the end of the match I was just too much for him. He got close a couple times with good moves, but I kicked out. I got a near fall after a Curtain Call. Then moments later I hit a headbutt off the ropes, and busted him open with the Welcome to the Morgue for the win. 30 minutes-C+ After a tip from a friend, I called All Japan Pro Wrestling. They agreed to a tryout on Tuesday next week. [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Tonight’s match surprised me a bit. I had a tag match, my first in quite some time now. I was teamed with Joel Deaton. Now we’re both pretty good, but not nearly as good as our opponents, Butch Miller and Ken Timbs. Things started off about as bad as I expected, with us getting handled pretty well. They kept pretty fresh, though we did as much as we could. Butch’s manager Don Carson kept distracting us and turning the momentum. Probably the best thing we did was keep them outside the ring once things started getting out of hand. I hit a gutwrench suplex onto a chair midway through the match on Timbs. That really helped as he was hurting afterwards. Later I tagged Deaton in. The clincher was the fact that we kept Timbs in the ring the rest of the match. The match turning point was when Deaton broke a spinning toe hold and then hit a hard back breaker. Timbs tried a spinning toe hold again shortly after, but again Deaton slipped out. He then applied a full arm drag and twist, and bam!! Nailed a DDT onto a chair. He rolled Timbs in, and got the three count!! 30 minutes-C+ [B]Friday[/B] I faced Allen Sarven tonight. I thought I was doing pretty well, but he hit me with the damned Russian Leg Sweep out of nowhere for the win. 18 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday-Houston Wrestling[/B] Well, tonight I’m in the main event. Unfortunately, it’s just the weekly show. The moron running this outfit cancelled the big PPV because of lack of wrestlers. Come on!! Why hold the weekly show, but not a PPV!!??? . I was a bit ticked off, so I took it out on Bif Wellington. Not much of a match. Beat him with a smash of his head into the exposed turn buckle. 15 minutes-C

[B]Week 3, June 1985 Tuesday-AJPW[/B] I faced Art Crews in my trout match. I handled him well to start, and thought it would be a breeze. But he was too good, and kept coming back after all my early beatings. My fatal mistake was trying too many finishers too soon. I couldn’t hit any, and I just wore myself out trying too hard. He wore me down more and finished me off. 27 minutes-C Though I didn’t perform like I wanted, they saw enough, and offered me a contract. I didn’t want to commit to a year, so I got them down to six months. [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Well either Boyd has a beef against me, and want to burry me tonight, or they want to see if I can rise to the occasion. I’m booked in the opening bout, a handicap match. Trouble is, I’m on the short end of the stick in this one. I’m teamed up with Jerry Sags against Joel Deaton, Druscilla and John Tatum. I did find out Druscilla is indeed a woman, but it’s still three on two. Sags starts out against Druscilla, and I must say, just about gets his butt kicked! She’s putting on head locks, and take downs, avoiding his moves, and pretty much taking him to school. I thought our only chance was to keep her in the ring as much as possible, but this may backfire. Soon Tatum tags in, then Sags brings me in the ring. I’m having a pretty easy time with Tatum, hitting a lot of head shots. I couldn’t believe how fast he was worn down. I tried to keep him in the ring, but he got the tag to Deaton. Deaton being quite tough was meeting me blow for blow. After a while, I had to bring Sags back in. That proved to be a mistake. After Sags and Deaton went around the ring, Deaton brings Druscilla back in. Sags thought he had her this time. But as soon as she came in, she leveled him with a clothesline. Next is an inside toe hold followed by a head scissors. She then locked on a wristlock, but Sags broke out of it. She followed up with the small package, and he kicked out after two. Sags gets his own two count after falling out on top of a schoolboy rollup. He tries to get her outside the ring, but she fights back and takes him down. She goes for the rollup again, but he falls out on top again for a two count. He tries to take her outside again, but again she fought back and went for a small package. He kicked out, but she went after him again with a rollup. This time he was too tired, and couldn’t kick out! He won’t hear the end of this one, losing to a woman!! 17 minutes-C [B]Friday-HCW-Sam Houston Coliseum[/B] Tonight was a mostly uneventful match. I faced Chris Youngblood. I pounded him early giving me a good advantage to start. As he wore me out some, I took him outside the ring. I hit him with a DDT onto a chair which pretty much gave me the match. Shortly after I hit the Death Toll outside, and rolled him back in. 1…2….th….. Eddie Watts once again shows his face and pulls me off the cover. That moron is going to pay one of these days! I go back to the match. That stunt gave Youngblood some new life as he came back. But it was short lived as I had him outside and hit the Death Toll again. This time I got the pin. 26 minutes-C

[B]Week 4, June 1985 Tuesday-AJPW Puruoresu [/B] This week I’m the opening match against Norman Smiley. This match was forgetful. We were in and out of the ring. He had the upper had most of the match. I had several good shots at him including a DDT onto a chair, but he kept kicking out. He finally got me in a submission. 19 minutes-C [B]Wednesday[/B] Today I got some surprising news. HCW has decided to let my contract expire once it’s done in 30 days. I don’t really understand. I’ve had a couple crappy matches lately, but I think I’ve given them a lot of good matches since I started. [B]Thursday-AJPW-Sumo H[/B]all I had three choices for today. I went all the way to Japan for this because it was a monthly show, and I was told I would be wrestling. But when I got there, they said I wasn’t booked. This isn’t right. [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Well since HCW doesn’t want me around, I decided to go wrestle for PNW tonight instead. I’ve got a 30 minute time limit match with Assassin for the pre main event. Should be interesting. Well I continued my ugly streak of late. The Assassin pretty much had his way with me the whole match. I couldn’t avoid or break out of any of his moves. To try and make up for it, I did some high risk moves early I shouldn’t have, and that only compounded the problem. He put me away with a double underhook facebuster outside the ring. 21 minutes-C+ [B]Overness[/B] USA 14 Canada 13 Mexico 21 Japan 1 UK 3 [B] Skills[/B] Spirit-34 Power-46 Technique-46 Speed-46 Psychology-81 Stamina-52 Toughness-64 Charisma-22 Microphone-44 Safety-65 Looks-98 Respect-24 [B]June Record: 5-9 Overall Record: 98-185[/B]

[B]Week 1, July 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Pororesu Chukei[/B] Tonight is my shot. I’m in the bigger show, and I’m facing Curt Hennig. I’m a bit nervous because I’m told he is a great technical wrestler, and I’ve struggled against good technicians, especially lately. Surprisingly, as the match starts, I had a pretty easy time with him. The ref got knocked out right away, so that was to my advantage. I threw him outside and hit a baseball slide. He hit me with an uppercut, but then I slammed him through a table. A couple minutes later I slammed him through a table again. Next I kicked him in the back of the head, and hit a gutwrench suplex onto a chair. Just as the ref was waking up, I hit him with another one. Amazingly he kept going. I threw him outside the ring again, and hit him with a hammerlock back bomb onto a chair, but only got a two count. I had many opportunities I thought, but he kept kicking out at the last moment. As the match wore on, he did as well. At one point I had him in a body scissors for a good minute. I got him outside and hit another baseball slide. Then a gorilla press, but still only a two count after I rolled him in. He tried to make a comeback hitting me with a corner dropkick, but then I slipped out of the knee drop knee breaker and put him in the corner. I raised him into the corner for the Six Feet Under, but he blocked it. So I climbed down, threw him off to the mat, and hit Welcome to the Morgue for the win. 24 minutes-C+ [B]Thursday [/B] I got a call from UWF today. They want me as a midcarder. They have shows on Monday and Tuesday, so I figured I could hit their Monday show before I wrestle for AJPW on Tuesday. I signed for a 3 month deal at $50 per appearance. [B]Friday-PNW-[/B] HCW wasn’t happy that I skipped out again, so they fired me. Oh well, no skin off my back since they pretty much kicked me to the curb already. I ended up losing a tough one to Pat Tanaka in 18 minutes. C+

[B]Week 2, July 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Pororesu Chukei[/B] Somehow I missed this one. I was a pretty good fight with Curt Hennig again. But he somehow got me in the end. 23 minutes-C+ [B] Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Tonight I faced Mr. Hito. My matches have gotten pretty dull lately, not to mention too many losses. I was determined to stay focused, and keep the fans interested. Well I took it to Mr. Hito pretty good. I kept on top of him the entire match. And partway through I started making covers whenever I made a good shot at him. I knew I wouldn’t get a pinfall, but I thought it might keep the fans on the edge of their seats a bit. I hit him with just about everything I had other than finishers. Late in the match I thought I might get him after I destroyed him with a gutwrench powerbomb through a table, but he managed to kick out after I rolled him in. I finally got him when I threw him into the corner after he blocked the Death Toll. I climbed up and flattened him with Six Feet Under. 30 minutes-B- [B]Friday-SWCW-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] I’m not sure if this was serious, if they thought I might lose or what, but I was matched up with Druscilla tonight. She is pretty tough for a woman, and did surprise me tonight, but I mostly had my way and just let the match drag on for the fans. It didn’t work though, as they really weren’t into it. She did shock me when she got up and fought back after I hit a hammerlock back bomb onto a chair midway through. But in the end I put her away with the Death Toll for the win. 26 minutes-C [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Tonight was another tough match with Billy Two Eagles. It went better than last time, but I still had quite a fight on my hands. At the start he just wore be down like nothing. He was putting holds on, and hitting chops, I just couldn’t hit him back either. Midway through he just kept nailing me with the Tomahawk chops so hard, I thought he was going to break ribs. But I didn’t give up, and just kept working on him when I could. I took him outside some more, and again he would rarely try to get me back in. I thought he had me with the Indian Death Lock, but I somehow slipped out. But then he came back with the chops, ouch!! I slipped out of a spinning toe hold, and after an arm drag I put him down with a gutwrench powerbomb, but he fought back! He hit me with a vicious double chest chop and hit the top rope. I don’t know how I managed it, but I countered his flying body press into the Death Toll! I slowly cover, 1….2…..3!! 29 minutes-B-

[B]Week 3, July 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Puroresu Chukei[/B] I faced Charlie Fulton tonight. It was a pretty good match until I got stupid and made a mistake. I had hit Fulton with a gutwrench powerbomb on a chair early on. Well I don’t know why I did it, but I smashed his face into the exposed turnbuckle later on, and got myself disqualified. 17 minutes-C [B]Thursday-WWC-Roberto Clemente Stadium[/B] I had made a call the day before to WWC and they agreed to meet. I wanted to get back into Mexico again. They gave me a tryout tonight. I’m facing some guy Diamond Dallas Page in a cage match. Sweet, it’s been a long time since my last cage match! I had heard this guy was pretty good, but at the start of the match I wondered where that notion came from. I was hitting him with the ten count, and throwing him off the ropes. After a flurry of moves including several kicks to the head, I almost made it out of the cage. He really didn’t get much on me the first half of the match. His only shot was when I got greedy and went for the Death Dive which I haven’t tried I a while. He moved, and as I was writhing in pain, he almost got over before I caught him. As the match wore on he started getting a little tougher, mostly because I was still smarting from my missed DD. After a flying double axe handle, I put him down with a gutwrench suplex, but he caught me at the top of the cage again. He mounted a comeback next as he hit a swinging neckbreaker and got near the top. But then I blocked another swinging neckbreaker attempt. He hit a short arm shoulder tackle, but when he went to the ropes, I countered a flying double axe handle with the Death Toll, and escaped. 22 minutes-C Immediately following the match I had a meeting with Carlos Colon. He wanted me as a midcarder, and offered a year contract. I got him down to six months for a PA deal. There were some mixups the rest of the week. I went to two different shows for WWC and PNW but wasn’t booked.

[B]Week 4, July 1985 Thursday [/B] Woooo!!!!. This time off was worth it! I walked into the arena for the show tonight, and immediately got the big news. I’m in the main even against Butch Miller for the Southwest Heavyweight title!! It’s another cage match. Wow, this is big. Southwest is a small promotion, but this could be the push I’ve been looking for. As we start, Butch goes for a side headlock, but I slip out and twist his arm, followed by an uppercut. He avoids a kick to the head, and applies a facelock. He then wails away on my shoulder, and really brings it to me. I got in a body slam, but he’s just giving me too much right now. I finally get to him and kick him in the back of the head a couple times. Then into the corner, I started wailing away on his head and throw him off the top rope. I’m taking it to him now, but it’s short lived as he throws me into the cage wall, and hits a low blow. I get in a couple more shots, but I just wasn’t the same after the low blow. I launched him into the wall, but he avoids the comedy elbow drop. He just takes me out with that hard right hand, and puts on the camel clutch. He climbs up, and I reach to grab him, but he just gets over the wall! Damn!!! 13 minutes-C [B]Friday-The World Wrestling Council[/B] I’m facing DDP again tonight. Apparently he wants a cage rematch. How about that, three cage matches in a row. Funny thing is that this match was almost a carbon copy of the first one. I think DDP was a little more prepared this time as he started out better, but I still controlled the match. Again I did the stupid thing and went for a Death Dive too early, as I crashed and burned again. Thankfully I was able to catch him before he went over. That was his only opportunity this time. He caught me a few times. But once I threw him into the ropes, hit a discus clothesline, followed by Welcome to the Morgue, he wasn’t getting up too soon, so I climbed out. 17 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Bad choice here. I should have stuck with WWC. I was matched with Earthquake. He thought I did pretty good starting out, but he’s just so huge, that one blow kills a man. He beat me after two successive Samoan Drops. I couldn’t kick out the second time. 7 minutes-C [B]Overness[/B] USA-14 Canada-13 Mexico-21 Japan-4 UK-3 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit-37 Power-47 Technique-46 Speed-46 Psychology-81 Stamina-53 Toughness-65 Charisma-23 Microphone-49 Safety-65 Looks-98 Respect-25 [B]July Record: 6-6 Overall Record: 104-191[/B] [B]Contracts:[/B] AJPW-Opener $20 PA PNW-Upper Midcarder $173 PA SECW-Main Eventer $176 PA SWCW-Upper Midcarder $131 PA UWF-Upper Midcarder $50 PA WWC-Midcarder $96 PA

[B]Week 1, August 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Puroresu Chukei[/B] Pretty disappointing match here. I lost to Charlie Fulton again. 28 minutes-C [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour! [/B] Tonight was a whipping for Joel Deaton. I was teamed up with Farmer Boy Ipo in a handicap match. Ipo started out, and actually had a tough time with Deaton. But once I tagged in, I destroyed him. The ref got knocked down, so I took the opportunity to take him outside and hit a couple gutwrench suplexes on a chair. I put him away shortly after with the Death Dive. Total squash which the fans didn’t like at all. 12 minutes-D [B]Friday-World Wrestling Council[/B] Tonight is a cage match with Dan Severn. I start out quick whipping him into the corner and laying down some hard rights to his head. Then I go to work on the body with a back breaker and body scissors. Severn starts coming back after a kick to my knee and a suplex. I whip him back into the corner and wail on his head again. Severn takes control for a short time until I counter a forearm with a shooter takedown. After I bust him open with the rear crossface blows, I almost escape the cage. He brings me back down hard, and again takes control with some kicks and elbows. I slip out of a short arm knee and whip him into the corner, and flatten him with a reverse avalanche followed by a giant swing. I go for the cage wall again, but again he catches me. He throws me down with a short arm deep hip toss, then applies a hammerlock. His back is to the ref, and he grabs something from his shorts. It’s handcuffs!! He cuffs me to the corner, and quickly escapes before the ref realizes what happened! Aaarrrgggh!!! 16 minutes-C [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Stupid loss to Jerry O with a sleeper hold. I wasn’t even that worn out, but I just couldn’t slip out of it. 24 minutes-C

[B]Week 2, August 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Puroresu Chukei[/B] Boris Zhukov was my lucky target today. I’m primed to give him a beating with my recent slump. He’s a tough cookie, so it won’t be an easy beating though. He gets the upper hand early on after a front facelock and a clubbing blow to the back of my head. I didn’t let him keep it coming though as I hit a back breaker and latched on to him with my legs. A few moments later I countered an airplane spin with a forearm and hit a gutwrench suplex for a one count. He got in a good flag pole shot midway through that had me reeling. But he tried again and I blocked it and hit a back breaker followed by a kick to the head. I rolled him in and got a solid two count. The match wore on quite a while as we both took turns with good successive moves. I couldn’t put him away as I had good success with the lower level moves, but he kept blocking my finishers. I finally countered a running knee with a forearm and hit the Death Toll, but he kicked out before three. So I threw him outside the ring, hit a forearm smash suicida followed by Welcome to the Morgue which busted him open. I rolled him back in for three. 43 minutes-B- [B] Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] I’ve got John Tatum tonight. As we start the match, I quickly go after him. After an arm drag and front facelock, I hit a gutwrench suplex and go for the pin, but only a two count. I threw him into the corner and went after his head with my right hand. I threw him down, and covered for a one count. I shortly hit another gutwrench suplex for another one count. I pretty much controlled the match and hit just about any move I wanted to, but amazingly Tatum kicked out every time I went for the cover. Later outside the ring, I hit three gutwrench suplexes onto a chair with the ref down, but he still fought back when I attempted a hammerlock back bomb, and again when I tried a gutwrench powerbomb. For the rest of the match I continued to just keep him outside the ring since I was wearing down, and just rolled him in every so often when I hit a big move. But late in the match he almost had me after slamming my head into a table, and latching on a figure four. But instead of getting me in the ring, he went to the ropes for a flying body press, but I countered it with a spear. I went for Welcome to the Morgue, but he avoided it. He tried rapid fire dropkicks, but I countered again with a shooter takedown. I quickly nailed him with Welcome to the Morgue, and busted him open. I rolled him in, and finally got the three count. 31 minutes-C+ [B] Friday-The World Wrestling Council[/B] Tonight is my first six man tag match in quite a while. I’m kind of looking forward to it. I’m teaming with Ultimo Dragon and Joe Lightfoot. We’ll be facing Raymond Rougeau, Bad News Brown, and Mike Shaw. It will be interesting because I know Ultimo Dragon doesn’t like me. I still don’t know why as I don’t recall any altercations with him. I got into a big fight with Bad News Brown in back. I was joking with him, but I guess he took it seriously. That fight was not the right thing to do. The match was going pretty well until later on when Bad News Brown was tagged in while I was in the ring. He went after me like I had just murdered his mom. He took me out within a couple minutes. 24 minutes-C

[B]Week 3, August 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Pororusa Chukei[/B] Three strikes you’re out! I faced Curt Hennig again. Not a cage match this time. It was a total squash. He hit some moves early, but just couldn’t take my punishing blows. I climbed to the top rope at the end for Six Feet Under, but he slipped out. He tried for a second rope punch, but I countered it with the Death Toll. I’m getting good at that lately. 18 minutes-D [B]Friday-The World Wrestling Council[/B] This should be an exciting opener tonight as it’s me and Dan Severn in a first blood match. To start Severn went after arm locks to wear me down so I can’t hit him hard or pick him up. But he can’t hit every body part. So I made sure to get in plenty of kicks to the head. But it wasn’t long before he got me into the corner and just rammed my face into the turnbuckly. I thought for sure I was bleeding, but it must have been either sweat or flying drool. Midway through, I was having trouble landing hits, but I was thankfully able to avoid a lot of his attempts also. I thought I might get him busted open at one point when I hit a hard headbutt followed by a comedy elbow drop, but he slipped out of the rear crossface blows. Moments later I hit a good DDT, but then he avoided the Welcome to the Morgue. I whipped him into the corner, but he broke up my flurry of hits. He hit a short arm knee to my stomach, and went for a main event sleeper. I managed to slip out before slipping into unconsciousness. I shook it off and threw him into the ropes, and just leveled him with a roundhouse punch. As he went down, you could clearly see the blood smearing on the matt, and the ref called the match. 22 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday-WWC-Hot Action Night[/B] This should be an all out brawl. I’m teamed with John Nord and Fit Finlay against Oly Olsen, Robbie Brookside and Koji Kanemoto in a Hardcore match. I don’t know about the other guys, but my partners love to brawl. Looking at the other two lightweights on the other team I thought this would be a cakewalk. But as Barbarian started off with Olsen, I wasn’t so sure. Olsen went to work quickly wailing away on Nord. Brookside was brought in, and even that skinny kid was taking control. I was getting nervous quick. Thankfully he got a couple hits in, and quickly tagged in Finlay. Brookside got in a couple forearms before Finlay started laying him out. Finlay threw him outside, and it really went downhill from there for Brookside. He countered a chair shot to the ribs with a forearm, but he just couldn’t hold back the constant barrage from Finlay. He tagged me in, and after trading a few blows, I went into attack mode. I hit a DDT onto a chair, followed by a gutwrench powerbomb through a table. Amazingly he kicked out. Next I hit the arm drag and twist, and hit him with a hammerlock back bomb onto a chair. Again he just kicked out. I did get in another hammerlock back bomb, but he managed to avoid several other finisher tries. Finally I decided to let Barbarian have another crack at it. After an arm drag, Brookside countered a bite attempt with a forearm. But Barbarian avoided a kick to his thigh, and hit a bodyslam onto a chair. He got a near fall, and went to work on his ribs with a bear squeeze. After a seated back kick, he just started wailing on him with his fist. He picked him up, twisted the arm, and grabbed him by the neck…. Choke Slam onto a chair!!! He’s not getting up. The ref counts to three, and the match is ours. 18 minutes-C

[B]Week 4, August 1985 Tuesday-Puroresu Chukei[/B] Tonight’s bout was against Steve DiSalvo. His stamina and ability to block or avoid finishing moves was the only thing that kept this match going. From the ring of the bell I was all over him, and he barely got a word in. I went after him so heavy at the end, there was no way he could get out alive. I went for the Death Toll, but he blocked it. After a kneeling jaw breaker, I tried again, but he broke it. I countered a running clothesline with a bodyslam onto a chair. DiSalvo avoids Welcome to the Morgue, and slipped out of a choke slam. He then broke a full nelson bomb, and hit me with a Samoan Drop. I slipped out of a Boston Crab attempt, and after an arm drag, I finally hit the Death Toll for the win. 29 minutes-B- [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] I’m facing Farmer Boy Ipo tonight. He comes after me quickly knowing I’ve got the weight advantage and can last longer. He whips me into the ropes and takes me down with a hard Mongolian Chop. I come back, but he blocks a Fireman’s Carry takedown. He’s clearly not letting up. He’s keeping up a good assortment of moves to keep me off balance. I had him in the corner, but he avoided the reverse avalanche. He goes up top, but I moved out of the way as he went for a flying double axe handle. I hit him with a smashing discus clothesline, but he slipped out of the rear crossface blows. He went for a Samoan Bulldog, but I slipped out, and whipped him into the ropes. I tried a spinebuster, but he hit me with a leaping chop to my forehead. He went for the pin, and he might have gotten me, but all of a sudden Druscilla rushes into the ring, and pulls Ipo off the cover. But he gets back up and busts me open with a running headbutt! He almost pins me again. He tried again, this time with a Samoan running headbutt, but I saw it coming and countered with a bodyslam. I kicked him in the back of the head, then smashed him with a slingshot capapult, and made a cover, 1…2…3. 17 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Well I feel I haven’t been wrestling enough in the US, so I went with PNW tonight. The owner of WWC didn’t like it, and I’ve just been booted from my second Mexican promotion. That’s OK, with the matches I’ve won, for some reason I haven’t really gotten anywhere even in Mexico. As I go down to the ring, I’m determined to make this the right move. I’m facing Jerry O. Jerry takes advantage early with a knife edge chop, an elbow, and a knee drop. But I break the hammerlock knee drive, and come back at him. After we trade blows for a while, I whip him into the ropes and hit a couple of forearm blows. Then after a suplex I cover, but only get a two count. After tussling a while longer, we head outside the ring. I took over from here, hitting a bunch of moves. At one point I thought he was done as I hit a DDT onto a chair. But he kicked out. I threw him out again, hit a baseball slide, and a gorilla press. Another kickout. I tried a flying double axe handle, followed by a flying standing knee, then a kick to the head. I picked him up and twisted the arm, but then he broke the hammerlock back bomb. After a near fall he tried a small package, but I kicked out. He quickly hit the flying body press, but I just couldn’t kick out. 25 minutes-C+ [B]Overness[/B] USA 12 Canada 13 Mexico 20 Japan 9 UK 3 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit-33 Power-47 Technique-47 Speed-46 Psychology-81 Stamina-53 Toughness-68 Charisma-28 Microphone-60 Safety-66 Looks-98 Respect-27 [B]August Record: 8-8 Overall Record: 112-199 [/B]

[B]Week 1, September 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Poruresu Chukei[/B] Ugly match.. I should have won. It was the third match against Charlie Fulton. I was beating him, but somehow he pinned me after like half a dozen rollups…… 24 minutes-C [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Uuugh!! Another devastating loss!! I can’t even go through it again. Tag match with Farmer Boy Ipo against Druscilla and Earthquake. I had numerous shots at winning, but Miss Linda kept pulling the ref off the count. I don’t know why he wouldn’t get rid of her. Stupid Cormier pulled the ref off at the end, but just stood there when she went at me again for the rollup. 45 minutes-B- [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] I’m facing Killer Tim Brooks tonight. Man does this guy look like Fidel Castro! I can tell this guy is deadly. He went for an Irish Whip which I reversed, and I hit him with a hard headbutt. I quickly went for the body scissors, but he just laughed and easily spread my legs apart and got out. He took me with a front facelock, and then just bashed me with the hardest forearm I’ve ever felt. I knew then, that my key to the match would be to avoid as much of his hits as possible, which I spent much of the night doing. I got lucky at one spot after a headbutt, when I hit an inverted atomic drop, and then a hammerlock back bomb. I almost got him but he kicked out after two. Cormier was my savior tonight as he broke up at least three pinfall attempts. But the ref finally had enough and sent him out back. We were outside the ring when I fought him off, and hit a nice gutwrench suplex. I went for Welcome to the Morgue, but he avoided it. He picked me up and just blasted me to the floor with a powerslam. He rolled me in, and Cormier couldn’t save me this time. 41 minutes-B- [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Alright, it’s elimination match time. I paired up with Druscilla and Jerry O against Toshiaki Kawada, Joel Deaton and Johnny Smith. This won’t be easy, but Druscilla has really stepped up her game, so we should have a good shot at this one. I start out against Kawada as the bell rings. Things are going pretty well as I’m pretty much throwing him around the ring. He’s only in a few minutes when he tags in Smith. I ended up seeing all three guys before I finally tagged in Druscilla. Soon after, Deaton tags Smith back in. From there they traded blows pretty evenly. At one point Smith avoided a high backdrop, and got a two count with a small package. Finally Jerry is tagged in. Things looked to be smooth sailing as we just tagged in our third guy for the first time, and they have been through the rotation twice. Later I get tagged in, and things started to go downhill. Smith was in, and started to take me out pretty hard. I tagged Dru back in. She was working him good on the mat until he got away and tagged in Deaton. He hits the ropes, and nails her with a second rope punch to the head. Then he grabs her, and just slams her head into the mat as hard as he could. She broke a face rub, but then he countered an arm lock with a punch to the face again. He gave her a bear squeeze, then just planted her with a Suplex Powerslam. She was out cold as he covered for three. Jerry is now in. And he is getting leveled by Deaton as well. He only lasted a few minutes until Deaton broke a DDT, poked him in the eye, and leveled him with a suplex powerslam. Now it’s down to me! I’m wiped out, so it’s obvious I need to keep outside the ring if I want to survive. After tussling with Deaton, he tags out. I held pretty well against Smith, so Kawada came in. I had him outside when I hit a discus clothesline. I went for Welcome to the Morgue, but he avoided it. I fought back and twisted his arm, and smashed him with the Curtain Call. I rolled him in for the cover, but only got two. I threw him out again, his a forearm smash suicida, and blasted his head with Welcome to the Morgue. He didn’t get up from that one. Now there’s two left. Deaton was in, but not for long. I twisted his arm, and smashed him with a DDT onto a chair. He didn’t want any more, so he ducked the kick to the head, and tagged Smith in. I almost had Smith right away after a gutwrench powerbomb, but he kicked out. He countered a JYD running headbutt with a forearm, and went to work on me with a couple of Boston Crabs. He went to the ropes and went for a flying splash, but I avoided it, and hit him with Welcome to the Morgue. But he kicked out again. He went for the Boston Crab again, but I blocked it. I then moved out again from a flying splash. I picked him up, hit him with a forearm, then the Death Toll. I rolled him in for the pin. Deaton couldn’t believe this. Just me and him. He hit me with a flying double axe handle, then just went after me with wrist tape. He did it four times. I could tell he was desperate to get me now. He new I was in a zone and he was next. But he’s a tough guy, and worked me over the rest of the match. I kept him outside the ring all I could. He almost got me several times with all the Samoan Drops and choke outs. I slipped out of a double arm DDT, twisted his arm, and clocked him with the Death Toll. Rolled him in, covered, and got the win! The crazy thing was after this long brawl that saw me come back from the jaws of defeat, the crowd could care less. Maybe I need a heel turn… 42 minutes-C+

[B]Week 2, September 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Puroresu Chukei[/B] Tonight I faced a new opponent in Atsushi Onita. This guy was good. He knew when to avoid moves, or block them all night. He picked his spots to hit me with near perfection. It took some shear power moves on my part to wear him down to keep with him. I made a mistake late when I went for a forearm smash suicida and missed. He rolled me back in, thew me to the mat, and got the submission with a kataha jime judo choke. 33 minutes-C+ [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Tonight my opponent was Farmer Boy Ipo. We were all over the ring tonight hitting eachother every which way. Not a whole lot of defense in this one. We were very evenly matched tonight with even hits back and forth all night. At the end we kept it up, but being pretty worn out, we got sloppy. I avoided a Samoan Running headbutt. And got a near fall after a basement dropkick and some chops in the corner. Then he almost got with when I missed the Six Feet Under. I went for the Death Toll shortly after, but he broke it. I did get another near fall after a reverse avalanche and a slingshot catapult. He blocked a posing roundhouse, and threw me into the corner. He hit me with a huge corner headbutt charge, then climbed up top and hit me with a flying headbutt drop to bust me open. He covered, but I kicked out just before three. I missed a samoan running headbutt, and then he returned it with a running headbutt to knock me down. But I got up and whipped him into the corner and hit a reverse avalanche. After a near fall, I grabbed the arm, and hit the Death Toll. I covered, and go the three count. 27 minutes-B [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] With the crowd into our last match, they wanted me and Ipo to have a rematch. This one was the exact mirror opposite of the first one. This time we were both on our game defensively. Neither one of us could mount any kind of consistency or hit many good moves. Unfortunately the outcome was also the opposite. At the end, he hit me with a headbutt followed by a running headbutt. I was busted open, and too dizzy to kick out. 22 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Great, this could suck. I’m teaming with Druscilla again, this time against Earthquake and Billy Two Eagles. I don’t like this one… It didn’t start out any better than I had imagined either. Earthquake just kicked my butt all over the ring to start it out. He almost had me pinned early on after a giant samoan drop. I knew I had to take a brunt of the ring time being paired with Druscilla, but I had no choice but to tag her in already. But her speed really helped her as she held strong with the big man. She got him down and just went to town on him with side headlocks and other ground moves. Two Eagles was tagged in, and he was too much for her being fresh. She held for a while, but had to bring me back in. Immediately I went after him with an arm twist and a front facelock, then slammed him with a hammerlock back bomb onto a chair. I almost got the pin after that one. After slugging it out, Earthquake was brought back in. We went toe to toe, and I actually started wearing him down. I threw him out of the ring, and hit a clothesline. I twisted his arm, then sent him to lala land with a roundhouse punch, followed by the Death Toll for the win. 30 minutes-C+

[B]Week 1, October 1985 Tuesday-AJPW-Puroresu[/B] Tonights match was against Russian Boris Zhukov. He’s a tough SOB that I’ve lost to on numerous occasions already. I was hoping to avoid another. As we started off, he got the upper hand pretty quickly. I knew I was in for a long night. It wasn’t too long however, and I came back. For a while I worked on the body, and then went to his head. I was finally able to hit some good moves on him and make some good pinfall attempts. But then the tables turned. He countered a gutwrench suplex with a kick to my gut. From there he went on a huge rampage of moves that I couldn’t counter or block. Thankfully we were outside the ring, and by the time he brought me in for a pin, I kicked out. He got me caught in the ropes, and just started nailing me in the head with his big right hand, and then got me in a rear chinlock. I slipped out of his choke hold, threw him out of the ring. Then I grabbed his arm, gave a twist, and then dropped him with the Death Toll. I rolled him in, and got the victory. 36 minutes-C+ [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Tonight’s match is a first blood match against Farmer Boy Ipo. Right from the ring of the bell we went after eachother’s heads. I got the upper hand pretty quick landing more shots to his head than he could. The match itself was pretty even, both of us taking a turn at controlling the match. Later on in the match I got worried as he started hitting some good head shots. I thought for sure I would lose after he leveled me with two consecutive running headbutts, followed by a normal head butt. He went for a Samoan Headbutt, and I ducked just in time. After trading a few more blows I slipped out of a Russian Leg Sweep, whipped him into the ropes, and hit a headbutt. I then drove his head into the mat with a DDT that busted him open. 18 minutes-C+ [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] I was told just before my match that I was going to have an interview with Gene Kelly. I wasn’t prepared, so I was pretty nervous. Before you know it, Steve Lombardi interrupted it. He was talking trash about me, but the crowd really could care less. I was in control, and got a little too into it getting a bit hysterical. Suddenly the crowd just turned on me. I faced Earthquake in my match tonight. I’m pissed too! That ref had to be paid off. Earthquake’s manager, Miss Linda interfered about four times without so much as a warning from the ref, while my manager Jean-Louis Cormeir got the boot after pulling me from a pinfall. She interfered late in the match as I was on the offensive, and it allowed Earthquake to bring me into the ring, and crush my ribs with a corner sit down splash for the win. 10 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Tag match tonight with me and Billy Two Eagles vs. Druscilla and Art Barr in a 30 minute time limit. This one was pretty uneventful for the most part. The biggest excitement, or surprise was how Druscilla can dominate on the mat. Both I and Two Eagles had the unfortunate spurt where she got us to the mat and just shut us down with arm lock after head lock after whatever other hold she could throw at us. Finally I was in at the end against her. I was really wearing her down, and could have won the match shortly, but the time ran out. We were awarded the unanimous victory by all three judges. 30 minutes-C

[B]Week 2, October 1985 Tuesday-AJPW Puroresu[/B] Another match tonight with Curt Hennig. I’m not sure why they keep pitting us against eachother since I’ve won fairly easily against him most matches so far. This one really was no different. Right from the start I took control hitting him with a variety of moves. He got some good moves in midway, and got me worn down a bit, but it was my match to lose. He tried to pin me, and get me to submit a few times, but it was just too early. He tried to cheat with a small package pulling on my trunks, but I still kicked out. I then escaped from a step over arm bar, and he tried another cheating small package, but I slipped out again. He avoided Welcome to the Morgue after I planted him with a running bulldog. He tried the Hennig-plex, but I slipped out again. I then twisted the arm, and knocked him out with the Death Toll for the win. 24 minutes-B- [B] Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Hardcore match tonight with Ron Ritchie. I’m looking forward to this one. I need to take out some aggression after the airline lost my luggage… After the bell rings, Ritchie takes over getting an early advantage. But it isn’t long before I get him outside the ring, and take over. I hit a gutwrench suplex onto a chair for an early two count. We trade blows for quite a while after that with no clear advantage for either of us. I thought I had him midway through. I hit another gutwrench suplex onto a chair, but got a one count. I grabbed the arm, and he slipped out of a hammerlock back bomb. But then I got away when he tried ramming my shoulder into the ring post. I grabbed his arm, and hit a gutwrench suplex a third time onto the chair, and almost got the pin. I picked him up and got him in a front facelock, and just decimated him with a gutwrench powerbomb through a table. I thought that was it, but somehow he got a shoulder up before three. The match continued back and forth after that until I thought I had him again. He blocked the Death Toll and a DDT, but I grabbed him, and landed gutwrench suplex number four on the chair. But again, a kickout…. I grabbed him again, but he blocked the Death Toll. So I grabbed him with a front facelock, and tried again. This time I landed the Death Toll. I covered, 1…..2…..th.. kickout!!! Nooo! I was so pissed I just got up and leveled him with a Curtain Call so hard, I almost knocked myself out. He wasn’t getting up from that one…. 27 minutes-C+ [B]Friday[/B] I just got just about the biggest kick in the slats today. I had a message from Giant Baba on my answering machine for an urgent meeting. I was excited, I thought I might be getting some kind of title shot. I got to the meeting, and he had a somber look on his face. He told me he had some tough business decisions to make because of cash flow. He told me I had to be released….. I could not believe my ears. With the good matches I’ve had lately, and my accent up the ranks, I thought I would become their top star! I tried to be as cordial as I could as I was just going ballistic in my head! [B]Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] Well this is a nice surprise. I wonder if Boyd heard of my release today. I’m in a first blood match with Ken Timbs. He’s tough, but boy am I in the bood for some bloodletting tonight. It was probably a good thing it wasn’t a normal match since Timbs is so good. I don’t think I’ve lost a first blood match yet. I wasn’t about to this time either. As we got underway I went after him hard. I wasn’t so concerned with the head, but just wearing him down at first. I really was having a pretty good time of it too. He had the same idea as he really didn’t go for the head right away either. As the match wore on, I couldn’t believe how the match was pretty much going my way. Some time into it, I decided to go after him to end it. I went after him with every head concentrated move I have. I was so overwhelming, he didn’t give much of a fight. He got in some shots, but it was almost like he forgot it was a first blood match. After he hit an inverted atomic drop, I reversed an irish whip and just crushed his skull with a roundhouse punch that busted him open. 20 minutes-C [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] This should be another good one. I remember the last time I had a time limit match against Billy Two Eagles. I think it was 45 minutes though. This time it’s 60 minutes. Still should be a good one for the fans as we’ve had some real knock down bouts. And we did not disappoint tonight! As soon as I got to the ring, Billy came after me. Wow, I wondered if he had been fired tonight the way he came after me! It took me several minutes to collect myself and get back into the match. He just kept going after me with everything, including a lot of kicks to the gut. It didn’t take him that long to get me worn down. I knew I had to get him outside the ring to survive. I did before long, and started to even up the match. Just like the first time we faced, he didn’t even seem to realize he should get me in the ring for a pin. He never once made the attempt. So I just kept wearing him down slowly, hit after hit. I don’t know how I kept going after some of the moves he hit me with. I think he could have had me after the Indian Deathlock a couple times, but he just never tried. He avoided Welcome to the Morgue, and just laid me out with a hard piledriver. But he went for the Indian Deathlock again, and I slipped out. He hit a neckbreaker followed by a flying forearm. But then I blocked a spinning toe hold, grabbed his arm and put him down with a discus clothesline. I racked his head good with Welcome to the Morgue, rolled him in and made the cover. 1…2…3! We shook hands afterward with the crowd cheering. 33 minutes-B- I hope I don't jinx it, but I'm on a roll now. I've won my last five matches, and 9 of 11. The two losses coming at the hands of Earthquake.

[B]Week 3, October 1985 Tuesday-PNW-The Portland Sports Arena[/B] I don’t know what happened tonight. I faced Johnny Smith. I guess he packs more punch than I thought. It didn’t take long for him to tire me out, and he got me by surprise and pinned me quick. 10 minutes-D [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Great! Handicap match tonight. I’m teamed up with Mr. Hito against John Tatum, Druscilla and Joel Deaton. We’ve got our work cut out. The boss must see something with Druscilla and I, as we’ve been in the ring together a lot. We have talked quite a bit, and I might ask her out sometime for drinks. We were in luck that this was a hardcore match. We worked it to perfection tonight. Mr. Hito started off with Tatum. They went back and forth for a while, but Hito soon took control. He got him with an arm twist, then leveled him with a arm wringer triple kick. He followed it up with a falling headbutt to his forehead, and almost got the pinfall. After a backbreaker, he tagged me in. I just punished him even more. I hit a DDT onto a chair at one point, and almost got him with the Death Toll. I later hit a gutwrench suplex onto the chair and almost got him again. Later on he almost lost the match after a gutwrench powerbomb onto the chair. He was almost gone, but I was getting tired, so I let Mr. Hito finish him off. He almost got the submittal with the Asiatic Spike. So he hit an arm drag, Tatum blocked a grounded double chop, but Mr. Hito got him with a side headlock. He quickly let go, and then nailed him square in the chest with a Heart Kick. He covered for the win, and Druscilla and Deaton didn’t even get to see ring time. 13 minutes-C+ [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] I’m facing John Tatum tonight in a rematch from last night. He wanted to prove himself one on one with me. Trouble is, the crowd really couldn’t care less about him. Or maybe it was me? As we started out, Tatum looked like he was going to back up his words as he took me out to start the match. He executed a good assortment of moves and kept me off guard for several minutes. But before long, I regained my composure and proceeded to beat the living crap out of him. I wiped the ring with him the rest of the match, hardly letting him breath. I had him outside while the ref was down, and hit a few crushing moves on the table and chair. I almost got the pin later after a hammerlock backbomb onto a chair. When I was finally through messing with him, I busted him open with a running headbutt, then ended it with the Death Toll. I was surprised the fans weren’t into it, as there was a lot of action. Even if it was mostly from me. 23 minutes-C

[B]Week 4, October 1985 Wednesday-PNW-Portland Sports Arena Blow Out (Oct.)[/B] Well I think they wanted to see if Johnny Smith is for real after he creamed me last time we faced. We’re the opening bout in a 45 minute time match. We start off, and I’m determined to show the last match was indeed a fluke. But he still give me a tough start. We go at it pretty hard, neither one gaining the upper hand much. Finally I just take him outside the ring, where I’m usually taking charge. The move works as I start taking him down with an assortment of moves to wear him down. He got me back in the ring, but after I slip out of a Boston Crab, I get him back out again. He avoids a running knee drop, and goes to the ropes. He hits a super arm drag, and puts me in the Boston Crab. I’m in pain. He rolls me back in, and gets a near pinfall. I’m dazed, and he hits a slingshot sunset flip. He covers, and he’s using the ropes cheating!! The ref makes the quickest three count I’ve ever seen!! I’ve been robbed! 15 minutes-C [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Retribution time. It’s another handicap match. This time I’m on the giving end. It’s me, John Tatum and Earthquake against Jerry Sags and Joel Deaton. Apparently Sags and Deaton trashed their hotel room last night, so this is their sentence. They made a sort of valiant effort, but they really had no chance. Tatum had a pretty nice start facing both men. He tagged Earthquake in who pretty much destroyed Deaton. Deaton tagged Sags back in, and shortly after Earthquake let me finish him off. The end was a nice finish. I ducked a running elbow, twisted the arm, and landed a nice DDT onto a chair. I picked him up, and laid him out with a full nelson bomb. I picked him up, but he blocked the Death Toll. But I twisted the arm again, and clocked him with the Death Toll for the win. 15 minutes-C [B] Friday-IWA-The Montreal Forum (Oct. Annual)[/B] I had a talk with the owner of the IWA last week, and I decided to go up for a tryout. Last weeks show was a schedule conflict, so I postponed. I’m skipping SWCW to do it this week since it’s their big show of the month. I’ll be facing someone new to me, Kelly Kiniski. The match was forgettable. I’m upset because I handled him well, and had control most of the match, but somehow he pinned me. I wasn’t even that tired. Just one of those flukes I guess. I did get offered a contract for a year, that I whittled down to six months. [B]Saturday-PNW-Big Time Wrestling[/B] Now as a precursor to tonight’s match, I had called and talked with the powers at PNW to get a feud going with one of the title holders in hopes of getting a shot at some gold. I was turned down by both Rip Oliver and Matt Borne because they didn’t think I was over enough. Well as soon as I got to the arena, I was called into the makeshift office on site. “Kid, I know you got shot down this week for a little feud deal. Well, I want to lay it down, and tell you right now, I think you’re good. You’ve had a great attitude here in PNW, and I love your work ethic. You are a good example for the other guys out there. Now, it’s usually customary to give the champ some say in his matches, and how things play out. So you didn’t get your shot at a feud. Well, I’m hoping tonight’s card will make you feel a little better.” He handed me a flyer for the night’s matches. I scanned the names, until I got to the bottom. In bold letters it read: Main Event-PNW Heavyweight Champion Rip Oliver vs. The ever dangerous Grimm Reaper-Heavyweight Title Match. I couldn’t believe my freaking eyes!! “Is this real?? I’m really in the main event for the title belt??” “Sure are kid. You’ve got talent, and the looks to make it in this biz. Now don’t screw it up.” I was so excited I couldn’t contain myself. This isn’t the WWF, but to get a title shot is unreal. I could hardly contain myself the entire night up to my match. I was pacing all over the place. I was driving half the wrestlers nuts with my kid giddiness. Finally the time came. As they announced my name, I headed out down the ramp. The reaction was mixed, some cheers, some boos, nothing heavy. I almost slipped as I got halfway down the ramp. I got in the ring, and awaited Oliver. I haven’t wrestled against him yet, so I have no idea what to expect. He calmly and confidently strutted down the ramp to the ring. As he got in, I could tell he was pissed that he was facing me as he gave me a cold stare. Thoughts were racing through my head. Was he pissed because he’s wasting his night wrestling a nobody like me?? Or does he think I’m that good, and could actually take his belt?? Before I could even answer myself, the bell rang, and he came at me. He tried for an Irish Whip, but I reversed it, and hit him with a good headbutt. I grabbed and twisted the right arm, then scooped him up and slammed him to the mat. What a start! I kicked him in the head, and went for the body scissors. He had enough, as he avoided another kick, and hit me good with a dropkick to the chin. He hit a series of blows back at me, and after a few moments the match was pretty even. This was my big shot, and I wasn’t going to mess it up, so I was very methodical tonight. I calculated everything, and didn’t make any hasty decisions that could backfire. We wore eachother down good throughout the match, neither being too risky. Midway through, I was getting beat, so I took him outside the ring. He almost seemed to turn it up a notch, making my plan backfire. Once we were back in, I slipped out of a ddt, and threw him out again. He kept me from leaving, and hit a drop kick to my knee. He then went for the Boston Crab, but I slipped out. I got him outside again, and the same series happened for several minutes. We’d duke it out, and he’d get me back in the ring for a Boston Crab. After the second one, he had me hurting, but I kept slipping out, at least four times. Soon, things got heavy, and I was getting momentum. We were outside when I twisted the arm, and hit the Death Toll. I rolled him in, but he kicked out after two. I threw him back out, twisted the arm, but he countered the Curtain Call punching me in the gut. I avoided a Brass Knuckles attempt by Oliver, grabbed his arm, and laid him out with the Death Toll again! I rolled him in, 1…2…. Th..kickout!! I threw him back out again. I grabbed him again, and tried the Death Toll number three, but he broke it. He went for a dropkick to my knee, but I countered with a shooter takedown. And before he could get up, I railroaded him upside his head with Welcome to the Morgue. As quickly as I could muster the strength, I rolled him in. I flopped on top, 1…2…..3!!!!!!!!! It was a knee-jerk reaction as I quickly flopped on my back as if he kicked out again. I was in a daze, and went after Oliver. But the ref broke it up, and had to scream at me several times that the match was over, that I won. I just couldn’t believe it. He handed me the belt as I just collapsed in the corner…… 40 minutes-B- [B]October Month End Analysis[/B] [B]Titles:[/B] Former HCW Tag team champion Former Southwest Television Champion (2) [B]Current PNW Heavyweight Champion [/B] [B]Overness[/B] USA 19 Canada 10 Mexico 20 Japan 13 UK 3 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit-39 Power-49 Technique-52 Speed-46 Psychology-81 Stamina-55 Toughness-74 Charisma-29 Microphone-60 Safety-70 Looks-98 Respect-32 [B]October Record: 10-5 Overall Record: 128-214[/B] [B]Contracts:[/B] International Wrestling (Montreal)- Babyface Lower Midcarder $60 PA Pacific Northwest-Babyface Upper Midcarder-$191 PA Southeastern Championship Wrestling-Heel Main Eventer-$214 PA Southwest Championship Wrestling-Babyface Upper Midcarder-$145 PA Universal Pro-Wrestling-Heel Main Eventer-$108 PA The funny thing is, I’ve been under contract with UWF for I think over a month, but I’ve yet to wrestle because their shows are always cancelled.

[B]Week 1, November 1985 Tuesday-PNW[/B] Shortly after getting to the arena, I got the bad news. I’m up for a title defense already, and it’s again Earthquake. Geeeez, did they have to pick him?? I think I’ve yet to beat him! After talking to some guys, I got the scoop on the match. Apparently my title win was a scam of sorts. They really did think I had a shot at beating Oliver, but they really didn’t want me as the champion. Apparently Oliver and Earthquake had a stipulation match earlier this month where if Earthquake lost, he couldn’t get a rematch for the title ever again while Oliver was the champ. So they hoped I would beat him, and then lose to Earthquake the next show. Oh, I’m so steamed….. I head down the ramp, almost running to the ring. Quake is ready for me as he punches me in the chest, and then hits me in the back of the head with a hard clubbing blow. I got one of the hardest slaps to the chest ever, I think my chest will be red for a week. But I avoided the knife edge chop, and grabbed his arm. I hit him with a good forearm, and twisted the arm again. I was hoping to weaken the arms so he can’t pick me up for that devastating Samoan Drop he always gets me with. I whipped him into the corner, and just wailed away on his skull. From there on, it was actually a good match. I was a bit surprised that I was keeping up with him, but I was trying to be smarter now with my newfound title. At one point, it looked like I might have an easy time of it as I blocked a bear squeeze, threw him into the corner, and hit a reverse avalanche. I just pummeled him after that with a series of various moves, but then he soon came back to even things up. He came back good, late in the match as he broke a body scissors and threw me into the ropes before flattening me with a butt drop. He picked me up, and quickly planted me with a huge Giant Samoan Drop. My back was in searing pain as he covered. 1….2….kickout! I just had enough to get out of that pin. He went for another Giant Samoan Drop, but I just managed to slip out. I threw him out of the ring, grabbed the arm, and landed a huge headbutt. He was reeling as I quickly turned, and dropped him with the Death Toll. I rolled him in, and covered, 1….2……3!!! The plan has backfired as I retain the belt. I didn’t even have to resort to plan B. I figured if things got out of hand, I would just take him outside the ring and bust him with a chair until I got DQ’d. Surprisingly the fans were pretty bored tonight. I don’t think Earthquake has gotten enough of a push for the fans to care either way. But who knows, maybe it’s me they don’t care about. 24 minutes-C [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Fairly uneventful match tonight against Joel Deaton. I did lose thanks to that cheating SOB. The crowd was into it for some reason even if I wasn’t. I had control much of the match, even if I had help from Cormier. 37 minutes-B- [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] Tonight I’m slated for another interview since the last one got broken up by Steve Lombardi. This time Killer Tim Brooks came out. He tried insulting me about my title, saying it’s not a real championship. I basically let him make a fool of himself trying to insult me. I got a few good digs in on him, and he gave up and walked to the back as the crowd was chanting “Loser, Loser”. Time for a rematch with John Tatum. It’s another first blood match. This one wasn’t much of a match. He wasn’t ready for me, and just collapsed under the pressure. He was having no luck getting me with head shots, so he resorted to just trying to wear me down. Meanwhile I was just pounding away on him. The crowd wasn’t too much into the match, so I landed a few finishers to try and make it somewhat interesting.. I put him away with the Hogan furry in the corner. 18 minutes-C

[B]Week 2, November 1985 Tuesday-PNW-Portland Sports Arena[/B] My title defense tonight is against the Assassin. He takes control early with a front facelock and an arm drag and twist. I avoid a flying double axe handle, and twist his arm in return. I smack him with a couple of uppercuts, but he falls on top of a Gutwrench suplex for a one count. From there he takes over with some punches. As the match wears on, I can’t block hardly any of his moves. But he’s getting just as worn down as I am. I take him outside hoping to slow down the pace, but he takes it to me. We end up back in the ring, and he blocks a DDT. But I throw him into the corner, and just pound away with chops and punches. I almost get the pin, but he kicks out. I threw him out of the ring, but then he got up and kept me from leaving. He gets us back in, and hits a double underhook suplex. The ref got knocked back a bit, and he took the opportunity to grab his little bag in the corner, and pull something out and stick it in his boot. He then lays into my head with a hard kick, and I’m seeing stars. He covers, and gets the pin…. 17 minutes-C [B]Thursday[/B] Although I was pissed about the loss, I found out today from both PNW and SWCW that I’m now in the Main Event ranks. So I should get more title shots soon. [B]SWCW on Tour![/B] We’ve got sort of an unofficial feud going on between Joel Deaton and myself. Boyd wants to let this play out and see if it goes anywhere. This time I was ready for Deaton. He was tough at the start, but I gave him some payback after the ref got knocked down in the form of two gutwrench suplexes onto a chair. I put him away after a distraction by Cormier as I hit the Death Toll for the win. 17 minutes-D [B]Saturday[/B] I had a meeting with UWF. They wanted a contract extension. But I have yet to wrestle for them since the Monday show is always cancelled, and I have other better commitments on Tuesday, so I politely gave them my resignation.

[B]Week 3, November 1985 Tuesday-PNW-The Portland Sports Arena[/B] Well after some much needed time off, I’m back to a title bout. This time it’s tag team gold in PNW. I’m teaming up with veteran Buddy Rose to face Rip Oliver and the Assassin. With this being an elimination match, this should be a good one, and really rock the house. I start off against Oliver, and grab his arm twisting it, but he breaks a bodyslam attempt. I grab the arm again, and hit a fireman’s carry takedown. From there I take over the match, and start wearing him down. After a bunch of elbows and headbutts, he’s had enough and tags in Assassin. As we square off, it’s a pretty even match. Shortly after, I tag in Playboy to take over. As the match wears on, it’s clear that this is a very even matchup, and this one could go on a long time. I was a bit worn out before too long, but the other three guys just kept going strong. I let Buddy take a bulk of the ring time midway to catch my breath. I couldn’t believe it as we got past the hour mark, and we were still going strong. Playboy was back in, and started gaining some momentum on Assassin. After some mat moves, he picks him up and hits a chop flurry followed by a knee drive to the leg. He hits a low blow, and tries the figure four outside the ring to wear him down. He drags him back in the ring, and hits a slingshot suplex. Assassin is too wiped out, and takes the three count. Playboy tags me in shortly after Oliver gets in, to try and get my chance to end the match. The ref gets knocked down, and it’s my perfect window of opportunity. I was going to take him outside, but I change my mind and I just throw him into the ropes and lay him down with the Curtain Call. After a body scissors, I kick him in the back of the head and just knock the wind out of him with the Death Dive. After a giant swing, I hit another Death Dive. The crowd is going nuts hoping the ref gets back up to make the count. I hit another giant swing, but he avoids the third Death Dive. He goes for a Boston Crab, but I get to the ropes, then I countered a dropkick with a shooter takedown. I try another giant swing, but Oliver gets to the ropes as the ref gets back up. I managed to slip out of a double arm DDT, but I missed the following Curtain Call. I slip out of another double arm DDT, and threw him into the corner. He counters my reverse avalanche and hits a drop toe hold. He applies an inside toe hold, then picks me up. After an Irish Whip, I get a hard dropkick to my knee. Which is throbbing now. He tries to finish me off with a piledriver, but I break it, and grab his arm….. Death Toll!!! I drop to my knees, and make a cover, 1…2…..3!!! And after a grinding 73 minutes, PNW has new tag team champions!! 73 minutes-B+ [B]Wednesday-PNW-Cottage Grove Fairgrounds[/B] Tough match tonight against Rip Oliver. He was cleaning house with me to start, but I came back. It helped that the ref got knocked down a couple times. I had him reeling, but I tested the ref’s patience too much when I obliterated him with a gutwrench powerbomb through a table and he DQ’d me. 36 minutes-C+ [B]Thursday-GCW-Omni Auditorium Thanksgiving Spectacular[/B] I made some calls to some of the bigger promotions and actually got some tryouts. I’m having my first match from GCW tonight. I’m in the opener against Skip Young. It’s a 45 minute time limit in case things get ugly. This guy was tough! He’s not very big, but he can pack a punch, and had great stamina. I was hanging pretty tough, but he got me by surprise with a small package. Not a good ending. 18 minutes-D I was called in to the office after the match. They told me I need more work, that they didn’t think I was polished enough to be worth the roster spot. [B]Friday-CSTATE-Bulldog’s Last Stand[/B] Tonight is my tryout against B Brian Blair. This one was another totally disappointing match. I had him down at the end. I hit a bunch of good hard moves with the ref down midway to wear him down. I had him, and should have won, but he came out of nowhere with a rollup for the win. There seems to be a pattern here with these cheap wins. 28 minutes-C+ I did get a six month enhancement deal after the show. Blair was instrumental in helping me as he was impressed with my match. [B]Saturday-World Class Wrestling[/B] Tonight is a tryout with WCCW. I’ll be facing Bobby Jaggers. I’ve wrestled him before with little success. Tonight wasn’t any different. I held my own, and thought I had a good shot after the ref got knocked down. I planted him with a DDT onto a chair, and later hit him with a Powerbomb through a table. But somehow he got me into a submission shortly after the ref got up. 23 minutes-C They did see enough in me to offer me an enhancement deal. I signed for six months at $80 per appearance. [B]Sunday-CWF-Wrestling from Florida[/B] My next tryout is tonight against Tiger Conway Jr. This is guy is supposed to be pretty tough, but he didn’t really prove much of a challenge. He kept me honest early, but it didn’t take long to beat him. He missed a running headbutt, and I grabbed the arm, and clocked him with a DDT for the win. 17 minutes-C Afterward I got another contract for six months enhancement talent.

[B]Week 4, November 1985 Tuesday-WCCW-The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/B] Tonight is my first 8 man tag match in a long time. I’m involved with a lot of guys I don’t know, so this should be an eye opener. I’m teamed with Mike Von Erich, Leo Burke, and Frank Dusek. Von Erich looks like a good young wrestler, while Burke is the best man in our group. We’re facing Assassin, Art Crews, Tony Charles, and Cousin Luke. The match was uneventful. Not many good moves. I lost it for us at the end. Assassin hit a ¾ face lock bulldog, but I kicked out. Then he hit a double underhook suplex, but I couldn’t get out. 30 minutes-C+ [B] Wednesday-CSTATE-Wrestling at the Chase [/B] I faced Hurricane Castillo Jr. tonight, and boy did I piss myself off! I went after Castillo right from the beginning, and it took him a full 8 minutes to even hit me with anything. At that point he mounted a good comeback and evened up the match. I don’t know how I let him back into it, but before I know it, he slips out of a rear crossface blow and hits me with the Main Event Sleeper. I just couldn’t get out of it, and had to tap out. 20 minutes-B- [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Ken Timbs didn’t like the way I beat him the last time we faced a couple weeks ago in the first blood match. He was badmouthing me to the guys saying he would beat me in a real wrestling match. Boyd gave him the rematch to prove himself right. As the match started off, Timbs was ready to take me down in a big way. We both had some failed moves at the start, but then he took control. I thought the way it was going he might beat me in a record time. Thankfully my good conditioning paid off as I kept with him and took his moves fairly well. I turned things around partway in with a headbutt followed by a fireman’s carry, but only got a two count. I had him reeling after the ref was knocked out. He hit me with a double arm DDT onto a chair, but I slipped out of a spinning toe hold. I hit him with a couple of gutwrench suplexes onto a chair, and he was wearing down. Before long, Timbs was back into control. Luckily he didn’t take the opportunity to go for the win with some high level moves. This allowed me the chance to get back into the match. I went for a full nelson bomb, but he broke it and threw me into the ring post. I just slipped out of a double arm DDT, but then he countered my attempt at dropping him onto the guard rail, and hit me with a forearm. He plastered me with a double leg hook piledriver through the ringside table, and I was in trouble. He went to the top rope, but I ducked. As he was stunned on the ground, I put him out with Welcome to the Morgue. I rolled him in, and got the three count as a good portion of the crowd was cheering me on. 37 minutes-B [B] Friday-CSTATE-Bulldog’s Last Stand[/B] Tag team action for me tonight. It’s an elimination match with me and B Brian Blair against One man Gang and Bob Dela Serra. The match was going along pretty well until we hit a bump in the road a half hour into it. Blair stayed in just a little too long as Serra avoids the double leg bridging rollup. He whips Blair into the ropes, and grabs something out of his tights, and just lays Blair out. The ref counts to three, and it’s up to me. I immediately grab Serra and knock him down with the Curtain Call. I only get the two count, so I grab him and go for the Death Toll. But he was ready for it, and broke free. He tagged in One Man Gang, who goes to the ropes, and just as I turned around, he hits me with a flying double axe handle. I tried whipping him into the corner, but he reversed it, and hit me with a clothesline. As I hit the mat, he just obliterates me with a 747 for the win. 44 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday-WCCW-World Class Wrestling[/B] It’s another tag match tonight as I team up with Frank Dusek against Art Crews and Kelly Kiniski. Crappy, crappy match. We where hanging tough, but somehow I got pinned on a stupid rollup. 33 minutes-D [B]Sunday-CWF-Wrestling from Florida[/B] I’m facing a new adversary tonight in Lord Humongous. This guy is pretty menacing, but I’m confident I can beat him. But he comes at me hard to start, avoiding an uppercut and hitting me with a hard bodyslam. After a seated back kick, he just stomps the crap out of me. After he picked me up and kicked me in the gut, I managed to fall on top of a bodyslam, and surprised him enough for a two count. He continued to dominate for several minutes before I started to get a few shots in. I had to get him outside the ring to work him over a bit with the ref down. He had me dizzy a few times as he gave me a headbutt with that hockey mask of his. The ref warned him the first time, but didn’t seem to care the next couple times. I don’t know how I was still standing after those shots. I fought back and hit an uppercut, but he slipped out of the evenflow DDT. But I managed to wrangle out of the Shinni Nu Maki. I went for a clotheline, but he ducked, and hit the No Sell Hell. But then I fell on top of the Press Slam Back Breaker and just kicked him in the head a couple times stunning him good. I hit the Welcome to the Morgue, and rolled him back in as he bled from the forehead. 1….2…..3. Not a bad match. 24 minutes-C+ [B]Overness:[/B] USA-24 Canada-10 Mexico-20 Japan-13 UK-3 [B]Skills:[/B] Spirit-41 Power-49 Technique-54 Speed-46 Psychology-81 Stamina-55 Toughness-76 Charisma-30 Microphone-60 Safety-72 Looks-98 Respect-35 [B]November Record: 7-10 Overall Record: 135-224[/B] [B]Titles: Current co-holder of the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team title[/B] Former PNW Heavyweight Champion Former HCW Tag Team champion Former Southwest Television champion (2) [B]Contracts:[/B] Central States: Enhancement Babyface-$80 PA Championship Wrestling from Florida: Enhancement Babyface-$80 PA International Wrestling (Montreal): Lower Midcarder Babyface-$60 PA Pacific Northwest: Upper Midcarder Babyface-$211 PA Southeastern Championship Wrestling: Main Eventer Heel-$214 PA Southwest Championship Wrestling: Upper Midcarder Babyface-$271 PA World Class Championship Wrestling: Enhancement Babyface-$80 PA

[B]Week 1, December 1985 Tuesday-Dallas Sportatorium[/B] I was in back minding my own business before the show. I wasn’t even scheduled to wrestle; I was just enjoying myself talking to some of the guys. I was just coming out of the locker room when I got jumped from behind. It was Art Crews and Tony Charles. Crews bulldogged me to the ground, and Charles started stomping on my back. Charles was muttering something about how I’m not about to ruin his push, telling me I’m a no good rookie and don’t deserve a push. They finished me off putting my arm in a chair, and Charles stomped on it. I was in huge pain. I went to see the on site doctor. He said it looked like a bruise but I should go to the hospital for a checkup. Screw that. I went to ____________ “Damnit man, I just got jumped in back!!! This is bull****!” “What!? By who??” “Crews and Charles! I want payback!” “Ooooh, this is good. You got it Grimm! Tonight, tag match, be ready!” Later on in the night, they announced what had just gone down backstage, and said Crews and Charles would be facing me in a tag match with a mystery partner. This should be interesting…. Finally I was told to head down to the ring. As I’m getting down the ramp, they announce that I will be teamed up with Masanobu Fuchi! Sweet! I’ve never wrestled with Fuchi, but I know I’ve heard he’s really good. This should be great! It’s only a 30 minute time limit, so we’ll have to work quick. And quick I went to work. I started off with Charles, my main target for what he did to my arm. He hit me with a forearm, followed by a hip lock takedown, but then I slipped out when he tried to drive his knee into that hurt arm. I grabbed him and bodyslammed him to the mat as hard as I could. He just avoided a kick to the head, and tried to punch me, but I ducked. I slipped out of a standing head lock and threw him into the corner. After a knife edge chop I just started wailing on his head in the corner. I hit him ten times, then did it again, and then a third time. I threw him off the ropes and went for a cover for the heck of it, but only got a one count. The match got pretty heavy from there as I was pissed. If Charles and Crews weren’t good wrestlers, they would have been just killed by me tonight. Surprisingly Fuchi had a tough time when he was in the ring. But I guess he just started wrestling in the US, so he’s still adjusting. He held his own after a while to keep us in the match. Finally time ran out on our bout. I knew we did well, but the other team came back at us especially against Fuchi, so it could be close. We ended up winning a 2-1 vote. Not a particularly gratifying victory. Especially considering the events of tonight. 30 minutes-C [B]Wednesay-Wrestling at the Chase[/B] Another time limit tag match tonight. I’m paired up with B Brian Blair again versus Raymond Rougeau and Hurricane Castillo Jr. in a 60 minute time limit. This one just stunk. We were doing well, and I just couldn’t tag out as Castillo tried a figure four that I got out of, but then he hit a slingshot sunset flip for the win. 36 minutes-C [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] I smell a rat tonight. I’m teamed up with Killer Tim Brooks. I don’t like it. We’re facing John Tatum and Earthquake in a table match. I guess I didn’t have anything to worry about after all. Brooks started off the match with Tatum, and really was off tonight. I ended up in the ring for quite some time at the end. I actually was doing well against Earthquake, and was starting to wear him down. He brought a table into the ring, which worked out because I was ready to take him out. I couldn’t pick him up for a bodyslam, so I tried a DDT but he broke it. Finally Tatum was tagged in. After I avoided a corner dropkick, and put him in the body scissors, picked him up and twisted the arm. I went for a DDT through the table that was in the ring, but he broke out. He got up and tried hitting me with a running clothesline, but I countered it with a bodyslam, right through the table for the win! 30 minutes-C [B]Friday-CSTATE-Bulldog’s Last Stand[/B] Tonights match was against Hurricane Castillo Jr., and it went much better than the last time we faced. It was really a good match. I got after him right away with some kicks to the head, but then he took over. It went like that most of the match were we seemingly took turns on offense for a couple minutes at a time. Then the end of the match got more back and forth. I reversed his whip as I sent him into the corner. Then I went at him in the corner with ten punches to the head. Then I blasted away with punches and chops to the chest and body. He just slipped out of the rear crossface blows to the head, but then I slipped out of a DDT. He fought back and hit me with a good short arm clothesline that laid me out. He went for a figure four, but I managed to pull away. I threw him out of the ring, and then grabbed and twisted the arm. Then I turned and landed the Death Toll. I rolled him in, and covered for the win. 18 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday-WCCW-World Class Wrestling[/B] My match tonight is against the big fro wonder, Assassin. This one was a good match. We really duked it out all night. He really had me on the ropes late after hitting a double underhook suplex, then slamming my face into the mat. Somehow I broke out of the ¾ face lock bulldog and threw him out of the ring. He punched me as I went for an arm wringer, but I blocked a double underhook facebuster. He drug me back into the ring, and hit me with a flying double axe handle. He tried another double underhook facebuster, but I broke out, and threw him outside again. I hit him with a headbutt, but then he avoided the Welcome to the Morgue. He entered the ring, but then came back out and tried to get me back in. I fought back and hit him with a forearm, and then clocked him with the Death Toll. I rolled him in, and the ref counted to three. 31 minutes-C+

Week 4, January 1986 Monday- ~Via Email~ Hey Chad, I just wanted to drop you a note. I'm really sorry I haven't been able to keep in touch very well lately. I'm laying in bed, just finished watching some footage from my match the other night with Butch Miller. I had just shut off the TV, and just leaned back and took it all in. Ah, the silence, I love it. When I first broke into wrestling, I had almost nothing. I had to rent the cheapest apartment I could find when I was living in southern California. It was awful. There were ****roaches all the time, gunshots outside in the streets. I could hear the slightest noises next to me, below me, and above me. I could barely get any sleep with all the stuff going on. I barely had enough money to eat, so I easily kept trim. My how things have changed in a year and a half. I'm working for five organizations, and pulling in some decent scratch every month. I was finally able to move up into a decent one room apartment here in Dallas where I can be near the WCCW, which is probably the best promotion I'm working for right now. After a slow year, things really have picked up for me in the last few months. The last couple of months have been an unbelievable whirlwind. I can hardly put into words how exciting it has been for me. lately. Back in late October I finally had a big title shot, it was the PNW Heavyweight title, against Rip Oliver. The title had previously been held for over four months by Dr. Tom Prichard. It was a tough battle, and I gave it everything I had. I ended up beating him in his first title defense, and was so thrilled! My title reign didn't last however, as I lost the next week to Assassin. It wasn't long though, and I got another shot late in November with a guy named Buddy Rose for the PNW Tag titles. We worked well together and won the belts from Assassin and Rip Oliver. It was around that time that I got some shots with a few bigger promotions (WCCW, CSTATE, and CWF). I've really been concentrating on moving up the ladder in those promotions, so I haven't been able to devote a lot of time to the smaller ones I'm still involved with (SWCW, PNW, and SECW which I later left from). We've had one title defense for the belts which we won. As the new year rolled around I got another shot, this time for the PNW Heavyweight title again, against Assassin. This time I made good and beat him. It was a real battle, but I just kept plugging and won. I still remember that night. I got so plastered after the match that I lost the belt and they had to make me a new one. I have yet to defend the belt, but I hope to get the chance soon. And things kept rolling last week for me. I got to the arena for my weekly SWCW show, and found out I was getting a title shot in the main event against Butch Miller for the SWCW Heavyweight title. Butch has been probably the best champion for SWCW. He held the title for over 9 months before losing to Bob Sweetan in November. He then won it back in December, but only had one defense before facing me. I wasn't sure I could beat him, as the match wore on, but somehow I pulled it out and won the title! The fans went nuts. It's really a bummer that I can't defend my titles, but I don't want to screw up my chances with the bigger promotions. Hopefully I don't get stripped by not giving adequate title defenses. I really hope to see you soon. I'll let you know if we have a show nearby soon. It would be great to get together and go see a football game or something. Well, I need to catch some sleep, it's been a busy week. Talk to you later.

[B]Week 3, February 1986 Sunday-WWF Challenge [/B] I'm feeling pretty good right now about my career. I'm thinking about some of the great matches I've had already. The fact that I'm the reigning Tag Team Champion and Heavyweight Champion in PNW as well as the Heavyweight Champion in SWCW makes me feel good. I know it's small time compared to a few of the other promotions like WWF. But that's why I'm so giddy. It's hard to believe that just a short three weeks ago Vince McMahon actually agreed to give me a tryout. It's even harder to believe that just last week I had a shot at the WWF Tag titles. It's too bad we lost, but it was a good match to build on. A guy behind me honks the horn as I'm daydreaming as the light turns green. It wasn't long and I was at the hotel. As soon as I got to the desk, I was told I had a message, to call Mr. McMahon right away. I rushed up to my room, and gave him a call. "Mr. McMahon, you needed to talk to me?" "Yeah kid, I've got a bit of a problem. Tonight we were supposed to have a match for the WWF Tag Titles. Big John Studd pulled his hamstring working out this afternoon, so he can't wrestle. I can't see putting the Iron Sheik with another guy, so we need a replacement team. I want you and Salvator Bellomo to wrestle them again. You guys got some pretty decent heat last week. I think it would be good for the fans to see a couple of underdogs go for the belts. Could boost the ratings." "Sure!!! I'd love another shot!" "Heh, don't get so excited. You guys hung tight last week, but don't expect them to be so nice the second time around." This is so great! I can't believe I'm getting another title shot again! I could hardly contain myself as I went to the arena early. I told Salvator the news, and he almost choked on the candy bar he was eating. We found a nice quiet spot and went over our strategy for the match. Finally the time has come for our title match. As we come out from the back, we were introduced as the Young Guns. There was a mixed reaction from the fans. Really no boos, but some cheering, and some fans just curious since we’re so new. Next out was our opponents, Tony Garea and S.D. Jones, known as Team Brilliance. They weren’t about to get beat this time, so they both came at us as soon as they got to the ring, not even waiting for the bell to sound. After a couple minutes, the ref got things settled down, as Garea squared off against Bellomo. I could tell Bellomo was pretty nervous as he was having some trouble early on. He tagged me in and I went to work on Garea. After a few hits I had him on the mat and went to work on him with some ground moves. I was working him pretty good, but he managed to break free and tag in Jones. Jones is about as tough a guy as any. I was trying all I could to hit him, and he wasn’t having any of that. He was pretty much whipping us both around the ring. Finally Garea was back in, and we were able to even up the match some more. As the match wore on, we were able to finally chip away at Jones and tire him out. I got him outside the ring as I was getting beat. I snuck in a couple of chair shots to his back to break him down. As we were in the ring again, the ref was knocked down, so I got him outside for a gutwrench suplex on the chair and a powerbomb through a table. We worked the match great all night. We just kept to the plan of bringing them outside the ring every chance we could to keep them from getting any pinfalls. Late in the match we had Garea in the ring. We were doing a perfect job of keeping him away from his corner, as he was in there way too long. Bellomo was cracking the whip on him hitting all sorts of ground moves not letting him up. He tagged me in, and I right away went to some high moves. I had several near pinfalls after some beatings in the corner. We knew we had a good shot when the Grand Wizard was sent to the back after another interference. I tried several finishers but he kept kicking out. I had him back outside and he went to the top ropes for a flying double axe handle, and I countered with the Death Toll. I rolled him in and went for the pin. Just as the count hit two, Jones rushed in… But Bellomo was there to intercept him, and I got the three count!!!! I can’t believe it, we’re the new WWF Tag Team champions!!! 41 minutes-C [B]Other notable matches over the last month:[/B] -I made three successful defenses of the SWCW Heavyweight title against Killer Tim Brooks, John Tatum, and Eric Embry (table match). -I defeated Earthquake (total shock) for my only PNW Heavyweight title defense in the annual Lane County Fairgrounds show. [I]End of February 1986-It’s been two years, and here is my progress so far:[/I] [B]Overness:[/B] USA-58 Canada-40 Mexico-40 Japan-30 UK-20 Europe-20 Australia-20 [B]Skills:[/B] Spirit-53 Power-51 Technique-60 Speed-46 Psychology 81 Stamina-56 Toughness-76 Charisma-32 Microphone-60 Safety-81 Looks-98 Respect-47 [B]Record: 172-249[/B] 1986 Record: 25-16 AJW-(June 1985-October 1985) 6-12 ASWUK (Sep. 1984-Nov 1984) 3-3 CSW (Dec 1984-Apr 1985) 6-13 CSTATE (Nov 1985-Now) 10-7 CWA (Jun 1984-Oct 1984) 11-21 CWF (Nov 1985-Now) 6-3 GCW (Tryout Nov 1985) 0-1 HCW (Oct 1984-Jun 1985) 26-23 IWA (Tryout Oct 1984) 0-1 MLW (Feb 1984-Jun 1984) 13-33 PNW (May 1985-Now) 14-17 SECW (May 1984-Jan 1985) 13-45 SWCW (Feb 1984-Now) 38-38 UWA (Jan 1985-May 1985) 10-10 WCCW (Nov 1985-Now) 8-13 WWC (Jul 1985-Aug 1985) 4-2 WWF (Feb 1986-Now) 4-7 [B]Titles:[/B] Former HCW Tag Team champion Former SWCW Television champion (2) WWF Tag Team champion Current PNW Heavyweight champion (2) Current PNW Tag Team champion Current SWCW Heavyweight champion [B]Contracts:[/B] CSTATE-Babyface Midcarder $80 PA CWF-Babyface Midcarder $80 PA PNW-Babyface Main Eventer $271 PA SWCW-Babyface Main Eventer $299 PA WCCW-Babyface Midcarder $80 PA WWF-Babyface Lower Midcarder $160 PA Things are going well this year. I was disappointed that my ranking actually dropped from 118 to 122 at the new year, but as long as I’m winning and getting title shots, screw the writers! I’m planning to probably quit PNW as I rarely wrestle for them anymore. I haven’t even been able to defend the tag titles yet. I still have an open date each week for SWCW, so I’ll stick around, especially since I’m the Heavyweight champion. I’ve had a lot of pretty fun matches lately which is cool. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how I’ve held my own, and beaten many guys that look much better than me. The one think that has pissed me off though is I’ve been pitted in about four 8 man tag matches in the last month or so. Every one of them had Scott Hall and either One Man Gang or Bad News Brown. I know one had both. I cannot beat those guys!! They just stay at High energy, and beat us down. And I can’t touch Scott Hall for anything! He’s continually blocking moves and hitting me 10 times in a row. I want badly to beat him soon.

Archived