Dawn of the Reaper

Grimm

OK, I feel a bit stupid, but I'm starting my career over. Having just purchased WreSpi, I was going too fast and didn't like how my career started off. I decided to try again, and hopefully do a better job. My name is Tyler Hewitt. I was born and raised in West Michigan. I attended the University of Michigan on a football scholarship playing tailback. I wasn't the fastest guy on the team, and after the signing of star tailback Ricky James my sophomore season, I was relegated to the bench and rarely saw playing time. I was hard headed, and thought football was my career, and sluffed off in school. I had dreams of the NFL. Well, my time of riding the pine started to wear on me,and I got angry. That's when my trouble started. I got into drugs pretty heavy. I was mad at the world, and the cocaine eased my pain. Problem was, it also brought me more pain. My senior season I was so heavy into drugs that I was in debt up to my eyeballs to a local dealer. Well, he had enough, and sent over a couple guys to send me a message. By the time they left, I had 3 broken ribs, and a broken leg. They nearly took out my left kneecap. Needlessly to say, there went my football career. I graduated college with a business degree, but really had no aspirations of working in the business world. I took a job as a manager for a local Staples, which lasted all of 6 months. I got fired taking some stuff from inventory, to sell off for my addiction. After bouncing around another year from job to job, I saw an add in the local paper for wrestling tryouts. I had watched some wrestling as a kid, and knew that there were a lot of ex football players in the sport. I really thought of it as more of a joke, but maybe I could have some fun with it. I lost my first match, but impressed the owner enough that I got a job. It didn't pay squat, but it was fun. I used a mask, and went by the name Grimm Reaper. It was incredibly exhilerating being unknown and getting to take out some angst. Anyway, enough with the boring beginnings. I met up with a great guy, Dirk, a local wrestling legend. He never hit the bigtime, but he was a great wrestler, and really knew his stuff around the ring. He's been teaching me, and says I'm really coming along. I started wrestling in February 1984, and I've been at it for 9 months now. I've bounced around a bit after starting with Southwest Championship Wrestling. I got lucky a few months in, and actually won the Southwest Television Title twice. Unfortunately I didn't have one successful defense. I've worked my way up now, and am employed by three promotions. I have been wrestling for All Star Wrestling in the UK for a couple months as a midcarder. I usually wrestle once a week there since it conflicts with Houston Wrestling on Saturday. My oldest promotion now is Southeastern Championship Wrestling. They are a local promotion in the Gulf Coast, and I have worked up to a Main Eventer. I'm hoping for a title shot soon, but Bob Armstrong holds both the Alabama Heavyweight title, and the Southeastern Heavyweight title. He's a babyface like me, so the chances don't look too good yet. I'm debating asking for a turn to heel for a shot, but I'm not sure if I want to just yet. My best success has been in Houston Championship Wrestling. I just signed on with them about a month ago, and am worked up to midcard. Out of the blue I was given a tag team title shot with Randy Rich against Sabbacultcha last week. We were in control, but I got a bit out of control and used Brass Knuckles to try for the win, but the ref caught me and DQ'd us. Rich was pissed and said he wouldn't wrestle with me again. Well, I got another shot tonight! I was so excited, and I promised my partner Bif Wellington that I wouldn't make the same mistake twice. What a great match it was! It was an elimination match, and it went of for what seemed like two hours. I elminated both guys with the Death Toll and we took the belts after 41 minutes! I can't believe it! I'm going out with Bif and some of the guys for drinks in a few minutes. Hopefully I sober up before my next match! [B]Overness[/B] USA 12 Canada 15 UK 3 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit 25 Power 41 Technique 41 Speed 36 Psychology 81 Stamina 46 Toughness 45 Charisma 17 Microphone 29 Safety 52 Looks 98 Respect 21 Record: 52-123

[B]Sunday week 2 Nov. '84-HCW No Law or Order[/B] Argh, that Randy Rich!! Paul Boesch wanted to shake things up a bit tonight, so he pitted me against my own partner Bif Wellington, along with George Weingerhoff. And to make things REALLY interesting, he teamed me up with Randy Rich! Alright, I can deal with this. I was a man about it, and even looked up Rich before our match to appologize. I know he's gotta be steamed, not only about me screwing up our shot, but now I won the titles with another partner. Well I could tell he didn't take my appology to heartily as he just gave me a cold stare. I could tell he already knew about our match. The match started off a bit awkward as I faced Bif. We went at it, not holding back. After some scrapping, Bif tagged out. I did shortly afterward. Rich couldn't have been in the ring 3 minutes and he just let Weingerhoff pin him. He knew this was an important match for me, and he threw it!! Oooh I'm pissed! He ran out of the ring like a little girl before I could get my hands on him. He's just lucky that by some strange working they didn't make this a title match. I'll get over it. He was just paying me back. I just hope he doesn't continue this.... [B]Tuesday Week 3-SECW on Tour[/B] I had a tough match against Jerry Stubbs tonight. Man is this guy a brute! I hammered on him for a good 5 minutes to start the match. After 25 minutes he looked like he hardly broke a sweat! He got me to submit after 29 minutes for a dismal C rating. [B]Saturday Week 3[/B] Tonight we have our first title defense against Akio Sato and Ultimo Dragon. Things are already off on a bad foot when Bif notifies me that we have a name for our tag team, "Team Rex". Geez, figures the big goof would come up with some lame name like that. I decided to let it slide, especially since he later informed me that Boesch actually came up with the name. I'm just excited to have the titles. Once we got in the ring however, I wasn't so sure how long this reign would last. Bif started off with Sato, and pretty much got his butt kicked. I know these two Asians are a handfull, but they were much better than I bargained for. I had a pretty tough time with them myself. These quick SOB's avoided just about everything I threw at them. I let Wellington take a crack at them for a while just after Sato was tagged back in. Bif finally started to mount a flurry of hits to Sato when he tagged me back in. I knew that we could be in trouble with these two veterans if we let the match drag on, so I immediately took a shot at ending it right there. Sato was outside the ring just getting up when I took to the top rope and hit him with a Standing Knee, and wasted no time in hitting him with the Death Dive, and rolled him back in... 1....2....3!! We retained the titels, and gave the fans a decent showing (C+). [B]Tuesday Week 4-SECW on Tour![/B] I had an uneventful match against Koudou Fuyuki last night. He wasn't too much trouble. I really should have tried to extend the match as we only made it 16 minutes, but I wasn't into this one. The crowd wasn't into it either rating it a C, but I came out with the win after a DDT on a chair.

[B]Saturday Week 4-HCW[/B] Boesch really likes to experiment with the guys in back. He seems to enjoy pitting guys against friends, and teaming enemies. Tonight's match was no exception. I was teamed up with the recently disposed of Ultimo Dragon, facing my nemisis Randy Rich and Bob Holly. We were just slugging it out, with Rich getting in a few cheap shots on me. I wasn't exactly a saint myself however. We were so into this one that we forgot it was a 30 minute time limit. Thankfully the judges had no trouble in awarding us the unanimous victory. The crowd clearly hadn't seen enough however, only giving us a C for our efforts. [B]Tuesday Week 1 December-SECW on Tour![/B] I decided a couple days ago to give All Stars my resignation. They had two shows a week, Wednesday and Saturday. The Wednesday show has been cancelled every week for the last month, and Saturday is my show for HCW. I called up Stew Hart at Calgary Stampede for a tryout after MLW declined to meet me. I was getting a pretty good start in Canada with MLW, so I'd like to head back up there some more. Wednesday is my only free night for them, but who knows? Tonight I had a match with Danny Davis. Let me tell you, dispite the lack in size of Davis, this guy is a machine! He just wouldn't back down. I threw the kitchen sink at him as they say, and he still kept coming back! I thought I had him with the Death Toll, but he managed to kick out. I think out of sheer surprise he actually got me to submit. The crowd enjoyed it for sure, rating it a B-. [B]Wednesday Week 1-Stampede International[/B] I wasn't sure what I was up against with Oly Olsen. This guy scared me just looking at him! He wasn't going to lay down for the new guy either. He was one tough test, that's for sure. Looking back, I was too timid. It wasn't long before I took him outside the ring to keep from being pinned. But I didn't take it to him like I should have. He got me in submission as the crowd was throwing crap at us (D). Hart had seen enough, plus I think he knew what I could do based on my history with MLW. He signed me to a 6 month deal that night.

I've hit a slump as of late. The top brass in all my promotions have been pushing me to see if I'm ready for the big push. And not so surprisingly, I'm not ready yet. I've held my own in HCW though we have yet to have another title defense. I think they want me to get a bit more seasoned with the main eventers hoping we can hold the belts for a while. I've faced some tough opponents like Bob Armstrong, Jerry Grey and the Flame. Tonight, the 3rd week of December I've got a match against Bob Holly at the Sam Houston Coliseum show. He and I have gotten to be friends I think. Before the match he told me to loosen up. I look way to tense out there. So I took his advice and had fun. With my funk I was in, and Holly not quite being up there in status, the fans weren't real into our match rating it a C, but I had a good time. I handled Bob pretty well beating him in 24 minutes with a Slingshot Catapult. I've had a lot of off nights lately. I'm not taking any time for myself, so I decided to have more fun. I think I'll try to take in more of the local sights when I'm in each city. I haven't had a vacation since 10th grade, so it's high time I start taking some fun time for myself before I get burned out...

It's been an interesting week so far. On Tuesday I had a match with Plowdoy Frazier at SECW on Tour. Let me tell you, this guy doesn't seem to have much upstairs, but he is a sheer brute! I thought I handled him pretty well, and kept him outside the ring after a while so he couldn't pin me. But then he still got me with a samoan drop outside, and rolled me back in for the pin in 27 minutes for a so-so C+ rating. Then I had a match with Dan Davis on Friday for Stampede Through Canada. I stuck to my plan a little better, though he wasn't as tough as Plowboy. I took him out with a DDT on the outside and rolled him in for the pin in 21 minutes. I wasn't paying attention to the time, as I should have stretched it out a little longer. The fans were moderatly entertained (C). Then on Friday I got a call from my old employer Joe Blanchard at SWCW. He wanted to hire me back as a lower midcarder. It took some thinking as their shows conflict with all three of the other promotions. I also hate to give up my Main Event status with SECW, but they really don't seem to want to give me any kind of shot or push, plus being a local promotion it won't hurt my feellings if I have to leave. Hopefully I don't piss anyone off with this schedule as I'll have some tough choices to make.... That night I had my first tough call to make. I had three scheduled shows, CSW, HCW, and SWCW. I picked HCW in hopes of a tag title defense. But when I got there I found out I was facing Bob Holly again. I thought we put on a pretty decent match, though Bob didn't seem to be into it. He didn't put up the fight he has before. I tried some chair shots with the ref down in hopes of getting him going (he's rather masochistic) and revving up the crowd, but it didn't seem to work. I hit him with the Welcome to the Morgue 24 minutes into the C match for the win. [B]Saturday Week 4-December[/B] Tonight I had one of my toughest matches of late in the Houston Wrestling show. I fought another young wrestler by the name of Allen Sarven. This kid was ready to fight tonight! As we started off he didn't seem like he was that good as I hit him hard and often. But I should know by now that anyone in the wrestling business is tough as nails, and to expect a comeback. Comeback he did! It wasn't that he mounted a lot of moves on me, but he just took blow after blow and wouldn't lay down. I worked my strategy well taking him in and out of the ring several times. But every time I thought I had him down, he managed to kick out... He even kicked out of the Death Toll late in the match. I was finally about spent. He caught me by surprise with a Russian Leg Sweep for the win. The crowd was on their feet and wanted more after our 29 minutes "B" bout.

[B]Monday Week 1-January 1985[/B] I had today off, and I wasn't planning to make an entry, but I just was so excited I had to put something down! I was finishing up at the gym after a light workout when my mom called. She was practically hysterical and I couldn't understand a word she was saying. I caught something about wrestlers, but that was it. I started to get worked up. My mom has never understood my new career, and really hasn't wanted anything to do with it, so I knew something must have happened. I got her to calm down and tell me slowly what she was blabbering about. Apparently my little brother, who has gotten quite worked up about my new career, had picked up the latest issue of Steel Mat. She said he pratically broke his neck running down the stairs to tell the news. This issue had the top 500 wrestlers in the world, and I was there, at #118!!! I couldn't believe it!! I screamed so loud I think everyone in the building stopped what they were doing. One of the trainers even ran over thinking I was having a heart attack or something. I am so pumped right now! This deserves a celebration!!!

[B]Tuesday Week 1-January[/B] Wow, I just got tore up tonight! I just had one of the toughest sluggout tag matches ever! I teamed up with Ed Hogan against Danny Davis and Jimmy Golden. Golden is a hand full to say the least! He wore us down good at the start of the match blocking and avoiding most of our onslaught, and then dishing it back. This was the longest match I've had in quite a while, and I'm plumb tired out. We slugged it out for 52 minutes! I thought we had Golden on the ropes as he stayed in way too long midway through the match, but he finally tagged out before I could put him away. The match just wore on from there. Finally I thought the match was ours when I later hit Golden with the Death Toll! But he kicked out just before the 3 count!! So I threw him back out of the ring, hit a flying standing knee, and busted him open with the Welcome to the Morgue. This was it!! I rolled him in, one......two.....th.. kickout!!! Noooo!!! He tags in Davis and we duke it out a few more minutes. I finally sieze the opportunity for the Welcome to the Morgue, but he avoids it! I slip out of a pin attempt, but he catches me off guard with the Small Package for the win! I couldn't believe the crowd only gave us a C+ as this was one good match. [B]Wendesday Week 1[/B] Geez, tonight was leading the lambs to slaughter at the Stampede International! I teamed up with a pair of young bucks like myself in Johnny Kidd and Dan Greer. We faced veterans Todd Tomko, Dan Davis, and Jose Luis Rivera. They practically killed us! I held my own and kept us alive for a while, but I just couldn't do it alone. I finally submitted 22 minutes in. What a disaster. Who books this stuff anyway?? [B]Thursday Week 1[/B] I had a tough choice again tonight. I had a show scheduled for all four promotions. I made the call to go with HCW since it was our annual show One Wild Night and they wanted a tag title match. I nearly forgot that a few weeks ago I talked with Bif and the boss and we changed our name to something I thought was more appropriate. As we left backstage and headed down to the ring, we were announced, "Death and Destruction" will be facing Chris Youngblood, and guess who! Randy Rich!! This one is a 30 minute time limit. I feel pretty good about our chances. But Youngblood is good, so we can't take him lightly. The match started out pretty typical. Bif started out against Youngblood who was pretty tough. Rich was tagged in, and I shortly after. Things really heated up after that. The match went back and forth, but I thought we had the upper hand. No one was particularly good tonight however. Everyone was missing moves or getting blocked. As we neared the 30 minute mark, I was pressing. I wanted to be sure we won. I was hitting moves on Rich, and nearly got the Death Toll on him twice. But then the ref calls it, and to my astonishment we lost unanimously!!! This is an outrage!! I can't believe it. Who ever heard of judges calling a time limit match anyway??!!! A title match shouldn't be called by judges. If they can't beat us in 30 minutes, we should automatically retain the belts. Arrggghhh! I'm going to have a talk with Mr. Boesch about this crap!! After the match both of us went back stage to see the boss. We were hot! We practically tore down the door to the office he was in, and demanded an explanation. "Calm down boys, this is a business. I don't care about what you guys want. All I care about is filling those seats out there!" "This is bull**** boss!! We should have never lost those belts, not like that! We demand to have those belts returned immediately!!" "Or what Grimm? Are you trying to threaten me? If you're lucky I'll give you two a shot later this month. But you better behave." Ooh, I was irrate. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In anger I overturned his desk, it practically landed on the old guy. "That's it!! You've pissed me off boy! Just for that stunt you can forget a title shot." That didn't sit well with Bif. "Nice job jacka**!!! You've just cost us any chance we had!" Seeing a great opportunity unfolding, Boesch adds another thing... "OH, how about this. Tomorrow night. You two are facing eachother. in another 30 minute time limit match. Chew on that one. Now get these two out of my face!"

[B]Saturday week 1[/B] Houston Wrestling I'm up against Bif. I wasn't in the mood. I could tell he wanted me bad, but not as bad as I wanted those titles back. As the match started, I told him it's not personal, but I'm beating the crap out of him as a sort of revenge. And I was ready to back it up. He was hot, so he put up a good match to start, but I just kept piling it on minute by minute. I wasn't about to let no stinking judges determine my fate this night, so I disposed of him after a huge Butt Butt and a Death Toll in 21 minutes. The fans didn't care much about the match, but it wasn't about the fans tonight....

January was a pretty uneventful month. Since being stripped of my tag title I was in a pretty sour mood. Unfortunately I didn't take it into the ring like I should have pounding my opponents mercilessly into submission. I let my bad mood get in the way of my wrestling as I hobbled along to a 5-8 record since my match against Bif. In defense, I did have some pretty touch matches lately, but that is no excuse. The second week of January I lost a pretty sad match with Paul Roma to the Great Muta and Tony Charles. Man Muta is one tough SOB. I underestimate those Asians. Then Tommy Cox and I won a real good match against Kokina Maximus and Farmer Boy Ipo. It wasn't a long match as Cox provided some quick fireworks in the form of a Fireball. The crowd obviously loved it. Then I won a real slobberknocker against Dan Davis that lasted 38 minutes. The third week was ugly as I lost four matches. First was a rematch with Muta, who was teamed up with Ken Wayne and Owen Hart. I was teaming with Oly Olsen and Johnny Kid. Next I lost a match to Toshiaki Kawada. The next night was myself, Mad Dog Mortimer and Ultimo Dragon against Eddie Watts, Bif Wellington and Jerry Grey. They cleaned house on us in 24 minutes. The last match of the week we should have won. It was a handicap match with me, Masahiro Chono, and Bobby Huffman against Tommy Cox and Eddie Guerrero. Somehow the cheating Guerrero beat us. The crows really was into it with a "B". The fourth week I started to focus a bit more as I teamed up with Dan Severn as we spanked Brian Adams and Steven Regal. Next I had a tough match with David Taylor that he just barely got me. I rounded out the week by beating Eddie Watts for a respectable B- match. I had most of the first week of February off as I only faced David Taylor in what can be described as possibly my worst match of the year, losing in a mere 14 minutes. And the second week of February was another step backward as I lost a tag match and a 6 man tag match, winning one six man tag match.

[B]Friday Week 2[/B] Tonight is the Sam Houston Coliseum show. I'm facing Eddie Watts again. I waste no time in beating him down. I didn't think this one would last long, but Eddie was staying pretty strong. As the match wore on, I began to wonder if he had the ability to put me away with a strong move. He just kept hitting me with lower level moves all night. But I'll give him credit as he kicked out of two Death Tolls and a Welcome to the Morgue. Finally I found my opening as he went for a bionic elbow and I countered with the Death Toll for the win in a long 56 minute match. The crowd got their money's worth rating us a B-.

The next couple weeks have seen some progress though not in my record. Since thrashing Eddie Watts I've gone 2-6, but had some good matches. The last one was a great one that I won along with a young rookie named Jeff Jarrett. We had a table match against John Tatum and Toshiaki Kawada. The match started out fairly even, but after a while we pretty much toyed with them all night long. We gave the fans a good match to remember. I would have been a really great match if the other team was able to make a better showing. Jarrett just pounded them over and over with a nice assortment of moves, while I totally broke them down late in the match. I hit a half dozen finishers including a couple Death Dives. I finally ended the match on a counter as Kawada was going for a move off the ropes and I sent him through the table with a back drop. [B]Friday Week 4-February[/B] Tonight is the Sam Houston Coliseum show. I've been matched up quite often lately with Allen Sarven. Somehow he keeps managing to beat me with that stinking Russian Leg Sweep. Tonight I was bound and determined not to lose. Things got a little off to a bad start as he took it to me pretty good. But I finally gain my composure and started chipping away. Before long we were both getting a bit worn down. I had a close call at one point when he went for the RLS but I slipped out of the way. I immediately threw him outside to keep him from pinning me. He finally hit me with the RLS later on, but I managed to kick out. A few minutes later I thought I had him with the Death Toll, but he just squeezed out a kickout before the three count. While he was still groggy I hit him a couple more times in the corner, then put him away with the Welcome to the Morgue shot. Not too bad of a match at a C+. [B]Saturday Week 4[/B] I found out that Eddie Watts has been talking smack about me in the locker room. Well I asked for a match against him tonight in our HCW show. I got my wish granted in the form of a tag match pitting me and Ultimo Dragon against Watts and Norman Smiley. The match was pretty even most of the night. I took every opportunity to get some shots in on Watts. The match was wearing on pretty long as I was in against Smiley. I was about to tag out as I was pretty beat and needed a breather, but Smiley snuck over to his corner and tagged in Watts. I decided I was going to stay in even though Ultimo was ready to go in the corner clapping his hands at me. He immediately takes a cheap shot jabbing me in the throat. But I wasn't about to lay down as I threw him outside the ring and shortly after hit him with the Death Toll for the win. After a couple of matches the next few days (both losses to tough opponents including Scott Steiner) I decided I needed a vacation. Well, it wasn't really that much of a vacation since I'm on a low budget yet. But I just took a few days off and went home to see my family. It was a lot of fun, and I got to go out with some of my old high school friends. They gave me a lot of encouragement. A few of them have gone to a couple of my shows when I was nearby, though none of them had told me this before. They were really impressed with how I looked in the ring. That gave me a lot of confidence and really solidified how I was feeling, and the fun I was having. [B]Wednesday Week 2-March[/B] Well I wasn't getting an easy one on my first night back, but boy was it memorable! I had an elmination match pitting myself and Chris Benoit against the Great Muta and Johnny Kidd. It wasn't really on overly long match at 37 minutes, but man was it jam packed with action! I have never heard the fans screaming so much in a match of mine since I started wrestling. This match was what you would compare to an offensive display in baseball or basketball. I haven't really been that impressed with Johnny Kidd, but even he was scrapping it out with us. I don't think any one of us didn't use every one of our moves outside of finishers in this one. The tide turned late in the match after the Crippler tagged me in against Muta. I have the utmost respect for Muta, and was expecting to be fighting for my life at this point of the match, but I was either lucky, or am learning.. We both tried a couple of failed moves before I hit him with a running headbutt for the near fall. Before Muta could catch his breath I quickly threw him into the corner, hit him with a reverse avalanche, and clocked him with the Welcome to the Morgue. 1..2..3.. eliminated! I was in he zone, and was wailing on poor Johnny Kidd at this point. I should have tagged in Benoit since I was pretty beat, but I was just going on autopilot at this point. But what should have been a quick finish just drug on and on for several minutes. Every time I tried to tag out, he caught me. Finally I decided to forget trying to tag out, and just finish this thing. I hit a high cross body and almost had him. Then I threw him into the ropes, hit a high backdrop and another Welcome to the Morgue for the win. The crowd was going nuts at this point as I and Benoit high fived and headed to the back after our B+ match. What a night!

[B]Friday Week 2 March[/B] Tonight is the Sam Houston Coliseum show. I'm teaming up with Bif against a couple of my recent nemisises Allen Sarven and Randy Rich. I didn't want this match to go sour so I decided to try and burry the hatchet with Bif before the match. I made sure to approach him where there were some of the other guys close by in case he decided to come after me. "Hey Bif, I don't want to be contrite here just because we have a match tonight, but I just want to appologize for blowing my top a few weeks ago after our title loss. I think we work well together and we can get those belts back. What do you say, can we call a truce here?" "Sure man. I don't usually hold a grudge. I know what you're going through, I've been there. You just have to learn to take your lumps and come back harder next time. We've got a tough match tonight, so we need to be on the same page and kick some butt!" "Awesome! Randy Rich is really getting to be a thorn in my side. Let's go show the fans what real teamwork is...." In tonight's match we worked very well together. The match went on with a pretty even fight. We tagged in well being sure not to stay in too long. Randy Rich seemed to be fighting extra hard tonight as he was no pushover. Late in the match I thought we had Sarven primed for the pin as we kept him outside the ring away from his corner. Somehow though he managed to get in and tag Rich. After trading a few blows, I realized I had better get Rich outside the ring as well. I hit the Death Toll, but amazingly he pulled out of the pin. After a few more hard hits, the Welcome to the Morgue knocked him senseless for the win and a well earned B- from the fans. [B]Saturday Week 2[/B] I don't know if Bif was feeding me a line of crap or what. I think he's still pissed at me. We were pitted against eachother tonight in a 45 minute match. I heard a rumor that they were wearing us down to make sure we weren't too good for a title shot next week. I had no problem with it, but the way Bif came at me really ticked me off. About the only cheating move he didn't use was a chair. He choked me out a couple times, and came at me like a rabid wolf. He finally took me out with a Brass Knuckles shot that laid me out cold.... [B]Saturday Week 3[/B] Eddie Watts is going to get his face ripped out!! I had a match with Allen Sarven tonight, and before the bout the coward Watts came out of the crowd and just about took out my knees with a baseball bat. The ref asked if I could do the match which I'm hurting like heck, but I'm not wimping out now. I knew I had to work fast if I had any hope of beating Sarven. I was just too worn out, and hobbling to be effective. I like to take to the top rope every once in a while which give me an advantage, but I couldn't even get up there after a few minutes. I thought Sarven had with after a Russian Leg Sweep, but I managed to just barely get a shoulder up. He did nail me soon afterward and I just couldn't go on. The crowd was very appreciative of my efforts rating us a solid B.

[B]Saturday Week 4[/B] Tonight I get my revenge on that coward Watts. I was hoping for a special match like a table match so I could inflict some major pain legally, but no such luck tonight. Immediately I went after him before the bell even rang. Much to my surprise he was ready for me and didn't let me get too many hits in before he turned the tide on me. We scrapped it out for several minutes, neither of us getting the upper hand. My I was too hot, and wasn't going to let it keep on like this. He thought he had me beat when he hit me with something from his pants while the ref wasn't looking. But I just got up and told him to bring it on!!! He got this surprised look in his face as his eyeballs got twice as big like he just saw Jason Voorhees coming after him with a big knife. He tried hitting me with a few more moves, but I just wasn't phased as I came after him. I finally had enough toying with him as I slipped out of a choke hold and threw him into the corner. He probably wasn't expecting this one, as I have been working on some new moves lately. I raised him up onto the top turnbuckle, climbed up and laid him out flat with a Superplex from the top ropes. I think he was maybe more surprised than worn down as he got counted out after only 16 miinutes. The crowd was roaring after seeing such a damaging move rating the match a C+ as I got some hard earned satisfaction. [B]Monday Week 1 April[/B] Hey, this week is full of some great revenge!! I never did get to finish what was started by my old enemy Rip Morgan. He had started some crap with me back in SWCW last year by taking some cheap shots at me before a couple of matches. One time I think he actually tried taking me out for good with a monkey wrench. Well tonight I'm ready to dole out some payback in our UWA show. I let him think he was getting the upper hand early on as I let him expend some energy. After a few minutes, I went for an Irish whip and the ref got knocked down. I siezed the opportunity and took him outside where I blasted him with a body slam through one of the ringside tables. I then continued to pound away before ending up back in the ring. I hit him with several hard blasts getting the near win a few times before putting him to bed with a DDT. The crowd wasn't too appreciative rating the match a C because they only got to see 10 minutes of the beating. [B] Wednesday Week 1[/B] I'm on an unbelievable ride of momentum right now! Tonight I had a match for CSW with Bobby Jaggers. I've only faced him a couple of times, and I don't remember if I ever beat him, but I remember he was tough, and tonight was no exception. Right away he came after me and wouldn't let up. I thought for sure I was going to be on the other end of the stick getting beaten in 10 minutes. After a while I finally started getting my cracks in on him and wearing him down bit by bit. But then I seamed to hit a wall. One of my favorite moves is the Reverse Avalanche which I use a lot to wear guys down midway through the match. Well somehow he was able to get out of the way every time I used it. Finally I had to change my strategy a bit and use some other moves. I caught my break after 26 minutes when I ducked a move and hit him hard. I quickly nailed him with a slingshot catapult, and surprisingly got the three count!! [B]Friday Week 1[/B] Well I had another encounter with my new pal Eddie Watts. I had a match against another foe Randy Rich. Deep into the match I had Rich worn down, and in the corner. I raised him to the top turnbuckle, and slammed him to the matt with the Superplex. I was just about to get the win, when Watts comes from nowhere and pulls me off. Oooh, he just doesn't know when to quit!! He ran out of the building, and I had half a mind to go after him, but I knew I'd be in trouble if I left the match. I got back to task, but the breather gave Rich an opening. He almost had me a couple times with a flying fist drop and some other moves, but I held out. I was nearly spent when I was able to sling him into the corner again. One more try with the superplex. I hesitated for a moment looking for Watts. I covered, 1...2.....3! The crowd gave us some love with a B-.

It's been another good week for me so far. I had a six man elimination tag match on Monday in UWA that we lost in a heart breaker. I tell you, Mark Callous is a one man wrecking crew! It was me, Mitsuhara Misawa, and Sunny War Cloud against Callous, Shawn Michaels, and Jack Victory. It was back and forth to start, but after a while we took them down, and had elminated Michaels and Victory. But we could not bring down the big man. I was the first victim. Then after a few minutes, Sunny was gone. Misawa was taking him out, but his finishing moves are off the top ropes. He missed twice, and Callous ended up making him pay the second time. We did score a B- rating at least. On Thursday I was in a 3 on 2 handicap match for SWCW with Shane Douglas and Kokina Maximus against Toshiaki Kowada and Mr. Hito. Someone must have wanted those two to pay for something. Just as I figured it was pretty much a squash. The only thing that allowed this match to make it 24 minutes was some good tag execution by the other two guys. Last night (Friday) I had a match against Chris Youngblood in HCW. In the past Youngblood has put up a pretty good fight. But tonight he was not on his game. He barely put up a fight at all. Just to give the fans some excitement I made a point of making the pin attempt many times when I knew he wouldn't go down for some cheap oohs and aahs. After 18 minutes I finally let him have it for the win and a respectable B- rating. I seem to be on a roll again winning 6 of my last 8 matches. Since it's been quite a while, here's a recap of where I'm at: [B]Overness[/B] USA 14 Canada 11 Mexico 9 UK 3 [B]Skills[/B] Fighting Spirit 31 Power 44 Technique 44 Speed 36 Psychology 81 Stamina 50 Toughness 58 Charisma 20 Microphone 33 Safety 62 Looks 98 Respect 22 Record: 78-166

[B]Monday Week 3[/B] I don't know how, but I kept the streak going. Once again I found myself in an elimination match against Mark Callous in tonight's UWA show. He was the first man in the wring against Jushin Lyger. We decided right then that we had to do what we could to get rid of Callous first. Lyger made quick work of going at him. I was impressed with his work in the ring. Unfortunately he made it his mission to take out Callous and instead ended up being the first victim to the iron claw because he stayed in the ring too long. I think he was going in less than 5 minutes! From there it was up to me and Ron Ritchie to take on Callous, Dave Taylor and Terry Adonis. Talk about a scary proposition! Amazingly we handled them quite well. Ritchie performed admirable taking over after Lyger. He went toe to toe with the big monster for several minutes, sending him out of the ring after a short time. After slugging it out for a while, Ritchie looked in trouble as Callous went for a Bear Squeeze, but he slipped out, gave him a full arm drag and twist before knocking the big man out cold with a double arm DDT onto a chair. He barely rolled Callous into the ring and pinned him for the first elimination. That left it two on two. We went back and forth for a good while before Ritchie succumbed to a rollup for the three count. Now it's just me left with these two. After fighting Taylor for a while, he tags in Adonis. After I countered a slingshot sunset flip with a shooter takedown, I thew Adonis outside. I tried to no avail several times to finish him, trying the Death Toll, Welcome to the Morgue, and an Even Flow DDT. Finally I hit the Death Toll and rolled him back in for the pin. Now it's one on one. I'm dead tired, and doing all I can to fight off Taylor. Thankfully at this stage of the game he's pretty tired as well. He avoided a Death Toll, but a few moments later after getting outside the ring I hit the baseball slide and laid him out with the Welcome to the Morgue and rolled him back in. The crowd was shouting right along with the counts 1.....2......3!!!!!

[B]Week 4, April 1985[/B] [B]Monday-Universale todas las estrellas en viaje![/B] [I]Grimm Reaper, Dan Severn, Ron Ritchie vs. Rip Morgan, Jack Victory, Shawn Michaels[/I] If nothing else, I can guarantee that this will be a good match. I’ve wrestled with or against all five of the men in the ring for my match tonight, and every one of them are quality workers. I talked with Dan Severn before the match to see if he had any strategy in mind for tonight. As usual he’s just going to wing it based on what our opponents do. I talked a little smack with Victory in back as well. I pushed his buttons a bit, but I wasn’t going to go so far as get him mad… Severn started out against Morgan as they traded blows. Morgan then tagged in Michaels. Now I think Michaels is pretty good and has a great future, but this kid is too ****y. He starts jawing with Severn, and before long, Dan is beating the crap out of Michaels! He was smart and tags in Victory to take over. Dan tagged me in shortly after, and I was cleaning house! Victory had enough and tagged in Morgan, who only lasted a couple minutes before giving way to Michaels. I almost had the win after a reverse avalanche. We were totally in control of this match, not what I expected at all. After some beating on the other team for quite some time, they finally mounted a comeback. Victory busted open Severn and they really took advantage from there. I could tell it might not be a good idea to let this match go, so as soon as Severn tagged me back in, I tried hard to end it. Victory ended up back in, and nearly finished me off a few times, but thankfully the ref got knocked out during an irish whip. At one point I took my shot, threw him into the corner, and hit him with some brass knuckles as the ref was getting up. Great timing as I covered him for the win. 30 minutes-C+ [B]Tuesday-Stampede International[/B] Tonight I’m in the opening match with Steve Lombardi against Tim Tall Tree and Juan Rodriguez. I believe I’ve only crossed paths with Rodriguez so far in my career, so I’m not sure what to expect tonight. Well it turned out to be a poorly executed mess, that’s for sure. I started out doing pretty well against Rodriguez before he tagged in Tree. Soon it was apparent I stayed in the ring too long, and had trouble getting to my corner. Finally I made the tag to Lombardi. He held his own, but he didn’t want to make a tag while he had the chance. He stayed in the ring too long and ended up submitting to Rodriguez. Not a pretty match. 18 minutes-C [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Thursday is my night to make a tough choice as I have four promotions I can head to. Tonight I decided to go with SWCW since it’s been a while since I wrestled there, and I wanted to work more on my US exposure. Tonight I’ve been scheduled in the opening handicap match with Shane Douglas and Toshiaki Kawada against Joel Deaton and Skull Murphy. This should be fun. I teamed up with Douglas not too long ago and he’s a great guy, and fun to work with. I talked to Kawada before the match and told him I really admired his style. I think he has a good looking future. Well, it wasn’t announced until we get to the ring that this is a hardcore elimination match. How exciting! It’s been ages since I had the opportunity to work a gimmick match. I am a babyface in all but SECW, so this gives me an opportunity to use some weapons I don’t normally use. Wow, what a start this match had! Douglas faced off against Deaton, and Deaton couldn’t beat his way out of a paper bag! Douglas just continued to pummel him for several minutes. Deaton slipped out a few times, but Douglas came right back at him until he finally got to his corner. What happened next I could not believe. Old man Murphy came in, and just totally cleaned up on Douglas! He hardly got a hit in on him, and before he could get to our corner Murphy hits a British Piledriver and gets the pinfall. I’m scared now!! The match looked like it was going south fast as Deaton and Murphy just kept hammering us down. But finally as things were looking bleak, Kawada starting taking it to Murphy. It took several high impact moves, but he finally put Murphy away with the Released German Suplex. It was my turn to end it, but my hopes were dashed as Deaton bashed my head into a chair with a DDT. Shortly after he hit me with the Brass Knuckles and got the three count. Now it’s one on one. Kawada tried taking him with the Arrow Suplex, but Deaton countered, and hit him with the Brass Knuckles for the win. Disappointing to say the least, but quite a match for the opener. 24 minutes-B [B]Friday-The Sam Houston Coliseum[/B] Well I made the wrong move tonight. I had three shows booked tonight, and I decided to go with HCW, when CSW was the top of the pecking order. Stu didn’t like my decision as he wanted to book me near the main event tonight, so he fired me. I think that may bite me in the butt, especially since I was having some good matches there and getting over pretty well in Canada, but life moves on. Tonight I get to face my nemesis Eddie Watts in a tag match. My partner is Jim Powers, as Watts teams with Gypsy Joe. This time I was going to do better in tagging out, as well get some more revenge on Watts. I handled Joe very well to start the match, and tried to hold out for Watts, but I didn’t want to make the mistake of staying in too long, so I had to tag out. The match went back and forth for quite a while. Finally I got my shot at Watts and I took advantage landing several shots and toying with the crowd with half hearted pinfall attempts. As the match rolls on however, the tide turns as Watts and Joe come at us hard. They weren’t about to roll over and die as easily as I wanted. The match wore on and we just couldn’t put them away. Our luck came about however later on as Gypsy Joe was just too long in the ring. I was tagged back in and took my opening. Joe started to untie one of the turnbuckles, then went for a pildriver that I narrowly escaped. He then resumed and finished untieing the cover. He thought I was out of it as he went for a running elbow, but I ducked and threw him into that corner and slammed his face hard into the exposed cables. The ref could have counted all day long, as I just sat on his stomach. 41 minutes-B- [B]Saturday-Houston Wrestling[/B] Ah, this is it! My feud with Eddie Watts has hit it’s culmination. I’m up 1-0 in matches, and I’m facing him tonight in what I hope to make the finishing match. We are the pre main event, and I hope to make it worth the billing for the fans. I actually ran across Eddie backstage and informed him that he was going to lose. He didn’t take too kindly to that comment, and said to bring it, which I did. It took several of the guys to break it up. I could tell right away that the fans were into this one. The heat of the action all night had them in a frenzy building up to the main event. As soon as I hit the ring, Watts took advantage and started on me before I could get up. He took me by surprise, I guess I shouldn’t have started that scrap in back. Soon after I gained my composure and started bringing it to him good. I threw him into the corner and started on him with the fist to the head, as the crowd counted every shot to ten. Before long, we were after eachother so hard that we were already pretty worn out after only ten minutes in the ring. After a near fall on Eddie I threw him outside the ring to make sure he didn’t catch me by surprise and pin me. I hit him with a DDT on a chair, but after rolling him back in, he kicked out. I hit him with a pump handle slam for another near fall before taking it back outside. I hit him with a Full Nelson bomb, and missed Welcome to the Morgue. He drug me back into the ring, and threw me into the corner. He then smacked the ref, and pulled something from his pants. It was a large serving spoon from the cafeteria! He just rammed it as hard as he could into my stomach. As I fell to my knees in pain, and slouched over, he threw the spoon, and kicked me over to my back. The ref had just gotten back up, as Eddie covered, 1..2…3!!! What a cheap win! I yelled to Eddie that I would get him as he scurried from the ring laughing as he went back up the ramp to the back. 22 minutes-C+ [B]End of April 1985 Progress:[/B] My morale is on top of the world, and I’m just happy with everything right now. [B]Overness:[/B] USA 14 Canada 13 Mexico 12 UK 3 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit 32 +22 Power 45 +29 Technique 45 +21 Speed 46 +43 Psychology 81 +62 Stamina 51 +17 Toughness 60 +38 Charisma 20 +10 Microphone 37 +27 Safety 63 +36 Looks 98 Respect 23 [B]Current Contracts:[/B] Houston Championship Wrestling-Midcarder Babyface $131 per appearance Southeastern Championship Wrestling-Main Eventer Heel $160 per appearance Southwest Championship Wrestling-Midcarder Babyface $108 per appearance Universal Wrestling Association-Midcarder Babyface $43 per appearance [B]Career Record:[/B] Past promotions: All Star Wrestling 3-3 Calgary Stampede Wrestling 6-13 Championship Wrestling Association 11-21 Maple Leaf Wrestling 13-33 Current Promotions: Houston Championship Wrestling 21-19 Southeastern Championship Wrestling 13-45 Southwest Championship Wrestling 12-29 Universal Wrestling Association 4-9 [B]Overall 83-172 April Record 10-8 [/B]

[B]Week 1, May 1985[/B] [B]Monday-Universal todas las estrellas en viaje![/B] Tonight I’m facing David Taylor. With the few matches I’ve made it to in UWA, I forgot that Miss Linda agreed to become my new manager. She looked stunning in that red dress she wore tonight, and the cat calls started as soon as we came from the back. She soaked it up blowing kisses to the crowd. She kind of threw off Taylor when she went near him and blew in his ear. This gave me the advantage I needed to start the match. Too bad it didn’t last long. Taylor is a pretty tough wrestler, and he showed it tonight. I came at him over and over and he just stood firm. He just did not seem to tire at all. Thankfully I had Miss Linda at ringside as she saved my bacon at least three times. After 20 minutes I finally started to wear him down as I kept him out of the ring as much as possible. I busted him open with the Welcome to the Morgue, but he still managed to kick out. A few moments later another near pinfall with the Death Toll. Finally I hit him with the Curtain Call, one of my newest moves (Running Headbutt) and pinned him for the win. 29 minutes-C+ [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Tonight is a six man tag match with me, Joel Deaton, and the Rappin’ Rabbi against Mr. Hito, Shane Douglas, and Mad Dog Mortimer. I started off against Hito, and after some dancing around I took control of the match. I missed a reverse avalanche and he got to his corner to tag in Mad Dog. I was a bit tired, and he got to be too much, so I tagged in Deaton to take over. It wasn’t long before Douglas was in the ring against Deaton, as he finally took Deaton down a rung with some hits. It wasn’t long before all six men were pretty worn out, and we were making quick tags. The turning point in the match was when Mad Dog tagged in with me in the ring. After hitting him a couple times, I threw him in the corner and tagged in Deaton. Deaton used just about every dirty trick in the book by choking him, and smashing his face in the mat. He proceeded to get in several more hits, and prevented him from tagging out a couple of times which proved the difference maker. Deaton tagged in Rabbi who went to town and just hammered on Mad Dog until he couldn’t take it any more. After hitting a couple knife edge chops and preventing a tag, he threw Mad Dog outside the ring. Then he hit an arm wringer smash followed by two standing moonsaults for a near fall. He quickly threw him out again and nailed him with a Handspring Moonsault Plancha, and rolled him back in for the win. 29 minutes-B [B]Friday-Sam Houston Coliseum[/B] Today I face a familiar foe in Chris Youngblood. It’s a 45 minute time limit match which shouldn’t be too hard to stick with. He immediately wasted no time getting in some licks on me as he got on a front facelock followed by a hip lock. It took me a couple of minutes to get into the swing of the match and start dishing out some of my own hits. As time went by I progressively started manhandling him getting numerous near falls. He didn’t learn as I would consistently fall on top of his cross body attempts and almost pin him. He managed to keep kicking out, once from the Death Toll. I thought I had him with the Six Feet Under (my newest move, a superplex off the top rope) when that loser Eddie Watts snuck in and broke up the count. He broke away into the crowd before I could get my hands on him. I turned back to Youngblood and he nearly got me with a charging rollup. Later he managed to kick out after the Curtain Call. I knew he was just about done for after getting busted open by the move though. I took him outside since I was pretty vulnerable at this point. I almost got him again after a Full Nelson Bomb on a chair. This SOB is just an Energizer Bunny! After he broke a Death Toll he tried a charging roll up, which I barely avoided. Next he tried a running drop kick, but I countered it with a shooter takedown. Wasting no time, I rocked his skull with Welcome to the Morgue, and rolled him in for the win. 27 minutes-B- [B]Saturday[/B] The next morning I had a message from Joe Blanchard of SWCW. My contract is up, and he wants to talk. I met with him, and he said he wanted me to stay on. He hoped I could make more shows if possible as I’m starting to become a good draw. I settled on another 3 month pay per appearance deal, but couldn’t make any promises about show dates. [B]Houston Wrestling[/B] I’m a bit disappointed as I’m slated as the opening match against Mad Dog Mortimer. And my second thoughts about choosing HCW over SWCW tonight is confirmed as I walk out to the ring only to be blind sided by Eddie Watts as he tries to take out my knees with a bat. The ref checks on me, but I’m not going to give Watts the satisfaction of me quitting on this match, so I hobble to the ring. Mad Dog is nice enough to wait for me to get up, but he does meet me outside the ring and starts taking advantage. I wasn’t about to lay down though, as I fight back and begin kicking him with my good leg while he’s down, then I trip him onto a steel chair. He shortly gets me into the ring, and nearly had me pinned a few times. I tried my best to keep the fight outside the ring, but he kept bringing me back in. I tripped one time stupidly trying to climb the turnbuckle. I knew I was done for when he started pummeling me in the ring. He hit an airplane spin toss, then threw me into the ropes. He went for the small package, but I saw it coming and hit the shooter takedown. I went for a running knee drop, but he moved out of the way. He went for the running knee to the head, but I managed to muster up enough strength to counter with the Death Toll!! I slowly covered him, 1….2…..3!!! I couldn’t believe the lack of interest by the crowd after a come from near death battle like that. 23 minutes-C

[B]Week 2, May 1985 Monday-Universal todas las estrellas en viaje![/B] Tonight it’s a tag match as I’m teamed up with a new guy for me, Neil Guay. We face Ron Ritchie and David Taylor. This match was fairly drug out thanks to some good tag tactics, but wasn’t a particularly exciting match. I nearly got pinned a few times, and Miss Linda saved me a couple times again. Finally I had Taylor outside the ring and finished him off with the Death Toll for the win. 42 minutes-C I made some calls this week, but I still can’t get any of the larger US promotions to give me a shot. Oh well, I’m having fun where I’m at…. [B]Friday-Todas las estrellas en viaje![/B] Tonight I decided to go to Mexico instead of my normal wrestling for HCW. I heard visibility would be good with some scouts in attendance for the larger promotions. I have a match with Ron Ritchie again tonight. I think Ritchie was totally off guard with how hard I came at him to start the match. It took him a full five minutes to gain his composure and get in any kind of hit. He finally turned the match around after we ended up outside the ring. We slugged it out for a long time, mostly outside the ring. We both attempted numerous high level moves to no avail. Finally after 41 minutes of beatings, I hit him with the Death Toll for the win. 41 minutes-B [B]Saturday-Houston Wrestling[/B] Tonight I have the honor of being the Main Event facing Steve Regal in a 60 minute time limit match. Beforehand, I saw that cur Eddie Watts again. I told him he better watch my match, and he rolled his eyes. I made a comment about not being able to take a joke, and that’s when he came after me. I was ready for him as I nailed him with a loaded bag I had with me. Several guys had to break it up. I strolled to the ring, confident in victory after the last several matches I’ve had. Only trouble is, I wasn’t ready for the match that was about to unfold. As soon as the bell rang, Mr. Electricity just kicked my butt! He started slow, with easy moves that I just couldn’t avoid. He turned it up a notch soon after, and just kept pouring it on. Midway through the match was my only shot as I got in a few hits, and got a near fall after some rear crossface blows. But from there on, it was all Regal. After hitting a corner clothesline, I blocked a sunset flip, but he caught me offguard with a small package for the win. 14 minutes-C

I can just picture Miss Linda in a long black gown like Morticia Addams or a "b movie" horror dress like Lily Munster. What a frightful look! You are doing quite well as of late and it looks like the promotions may be promoting you soon to upper midcarder, except for SECW of course. Mean Mark must be towering over the other wrestlers in UWA. It's no place for a large heavyweight anyway, but at least he will be gaining tech points with the luchas. Keep up the good work Grimm and may your opponents "rest in peace".

Thanks lou. Actually I checked out my contracts after the last week I posted. I foreget which ones, but I'm now an upper midcarder in two of them, I think UWA and HCW, while I'm midcard for SWCW I believe since I haven't wrestled with them too much.

[B]Week 3, May 1985 Monday[/B] I just got a call today from Don Owen of Pacific Northwest. He was in need of talent, and thought I would fill the bill perfectly as an upper midcarder. I was grateful for the offer, but told him my plate is pretty full most nights. He said he didn’t care, he would take me whenever I could give my services. So I agreed to a 3 month deal, but made no promises on how much I could wrestle. [B]Universal todas las estrellas en viaje![/B] An average match against Jack Victory turned into a slugfest. Victory had the upper hand early and often before I even the match after several minutes. Both of us used every move in our repertoire before the match was over. We both used several of our finishers, neither of us successful. My only saving grace was Miss Linda who saved me on a couple of occasions. Finally I got lucky and hit an Elevated face crusher, since everything else seemed to be failing, and got the pin. 35 minutes-B [B]Thursday-UWA Todas Las Estrellas[/B] Today’s match should be a tough fight. It’s me and Dos Caras against El Satanico and Perro Aguayo. I must be getting a lot of experience as the last few shows when I’ve tried to pick the brains of other wrestlers, very few are able to give me any advice that will be of help for me. Hopefully one or two of the large promotions will see something in me soon to give me a shot. I’m so excited about this match. The other three men in the ring are great wrestlers. If we can pull out a win, this should be a huge push for me! I could not have asked for a better start to a match. As soon as the bell rung, I had the upper hand against El Satanico. He landed a punch, but I fell out on top of a Gutwrench Suplex, and almost got the pin right there! I whipped him into the ropes, and hit him with the ten count of punches to the face, twice! I stayed with the easy moves to keep him down, and not take any chances. I kept him in the ring for more than five minutes before he got a tag to Aguayo. I tagged out shortly after to keep myself fresh. Caras slammed Aguayo to the mat with an Airplane spin, and hit a couple half sentons. But soon things were looking grimm (haha) as Aguayo turned the tide and was just decimating Caras. He kept it simple for the most part, but he did pretty much anything he wanted with Caras. Finally Caras broke a kick to the head, and sends Aguayo into the ropes and hits a flying forearm. He gets a two count. At that point Caras finally assembled a comeback. Satanico was tagged in, and it wasn’t long before I was tagged in as well. I was ready to rock as I went to work on Satanico in the corner with successive ten count punches. Satanico regained composure and avoided a reverse avalanche, but after I avoided a half senton, I hit the Giant Swing, and got a solid two count. Satanico then took his turn and clobbering me for a few minutes. Realizing this could go sour, I wasted no time in throwing him into the corner, and hitting a reverse avalanche, but I only managed another two count. After another flurry of moves including a hard DDT for another near fall, Satanico nearly makes me tap out to a spinning toe hold. He then tried a cerrajera tangle, but I broke it and threw him into the corner again. He countered another try at a reverse avalanche with a kick to my gut. I was hurting, but still had the wherewithal to see he was going to throw me outside the ring. Somehow I managed to latch onto his head, and turned it into a reverse DDT neckbreaker. I quickly threw myself over him as the ref counted 1….2……3!!! I couldn’t believe it! I just lay there on the mat, not even moving. The ref even came over to see if I need medical assistance, but I just told him I was reveling in the moment. The crowd had really gotten into the match at the end, so if it would have gone on longer, I think we would have had the place really rockin’. 28 minutes-C+ [B]Friday-Todas las estrellas en viaje![/B] With the great matches I’ve been having for UWA I decided to stay in Mexico another day and wrestle there tonight. Looks like I’m on an upward climb here as I’m told my overness in Mexico is really climbing. I’ll be facing Perro Aguayo again one on one for the pre-main event. This was a good match, I just was surprised the fans didn’t get into it that much. We started off hot, with both of us wailing away on eachother. We both used the ropes liberally with an assortment of moves. We both had each other in near pinfalls at least a half dozen times. I thought I would be able to end the match fairly early as Aguayo threw me into the ropes, and the ref got knocked out. I took the opportunity to get him outside shortly after. After an arm drag and twist, I body slammed him through a table. Next I gutwrench suplexed him onto a chair. This was followed by a bodyslam onto the chair twice in a row. Once the ref recovered I got him into the ring again, but could only get a one count! How is this possible?! Soon we were both totally exhausted. Miss Linda helped get me out of a pinfall, but the ref had enough and sent her to the back. Aguayo seemed to have new life after that as he took to pummeling me with several moves. I got in an overhead fallaway slam, but couldn’t get a pin. He then took over, nailing me with a piledriver. After I kicked out, he whipped me into the ropes, and hit a running body press. He covered again, and this time got the pin. 33 minutes-C+ [B]Saturday[/B] I was a bit ticked off. I had a chance for my first Pacific Northwest match, but I went with HCW instead. They didn’t book me, so I just watched from the back….

[B]Week 4, May 1985 Tuesday-PNW-The Portland Sports Arena[/B] In my first match with PNW, I’m facing Pat Tanaka midway through the card. This was an ugly opening match. After an average start, things started getting good as I was landing some moves, and I thought I was getting in a groove. But something happened, I don’t know what it was. He hit a piledriver which I kicked out of, but then he whipped me into the ropes, and hit me with a cross body. I like froze. It wasn’t that I was that worn out, I just didn’t kick out. I just blanked out or something. Man that was embarrassing! 10 minutes-D [B] Thursday-UWA Todas las Estrellas[/B] I’m a bit nervous tonight. For the first time I’m facing Villano III. I’ve heard this guy is really tough. I hope I don’t embarrass myself again. I went for a lot of simple forearm blows and headbutts early on. I knew I couldn’t make any mistakes against Villano. It seemed to be working great at first. I think he figured I was an easy rookie before it hit him that he had to actually wrestle me to win. Before long he had me down and was hitting me with knee drops, forearm shots, and everything else. I thought I had a shot when I avoided the martinete and whipped him into the ropes followed by a forearm and a backbreaker, but he kicked out after two. I owe a ton to Miss Linda again, as she saved me a couple more times before being sent to the back. I don’t know how I survived after that. He hit me with numerous moves, but I kept kicking out. I also tried my hardest to keep him to the outside. I hit the Death Toll a couple times, Welcome to the Morgue, as well as a Curtain Call with none resulting in a pinfall. I was just about decimated. After another Death Toll failed to win it, he hits me with a forearm smash suicida. He climbed the ropes and hit a double axe handle. But then he telegraphed a running elbow, and I ducked just in a nick of time. With what little energy I had left, I put on a full arm drag and twist followed by the most massive Curtain Call I could muster. It was enough to bust his head wide open. I rolled him into the ring, and actually got to listen to the ref count to three! 30 minutes-B- [B]Friday[/B] Damnit!! I just made a huge mistake! Tonight is PNW’s Anniversary Show. I would have liked to stay in Mexico with the success I’ve had, but with the exposure a large show like this could bring, I wanted to make an appearance. Plus I was smarting from my debut. Well UWA didn’t like it one bit. As soon as they found out, I got a call, they fired me!!! I thought with all the great matches they would let me take a night off. Geez, this sucks! Well, as some consolation, I found out that I am actually booked as the match before the main event. Wow, that’s great! It’s a 45 minute time limit against Billy Two Eagles. I’ve never faced him, so this should be an eye opener. Wow, wow, wow!! This match was so suspenseful, I cannot believe it!! As soon as the match got underway, Two Eagles just kicked my butt from here to Sunday. He had me on the mat the first few minutes with every kind of arm lock and head lock you can imagine. It took me a full 15 minutes to mount any sort of comeback. I finally started getting in some shots, though nothing big. Even when I did get a couple moves in, he came right back with a couple more. Finally I got him outside the ring because I was dog tired. That seemed to be a difference maker as he never once attempted to bring me back in the ring. We just slugged it out from there. I started to wear him down, and that put us on a more even field as things got tighter. Finally I hit a gutwrench power bomb through a table, but I could only get a two count. Later I hit him with the Death Toll but he kept right on fighting me. This is not good, I’m toast here! As the match wore on, two things were happening. One, he had hit me with so many chops and knee/leg moves that I was in danger. I was hobbling, and bleeding from my head. And secondly, this was a 45 minute time limit, and we’re getting close. I’m frantic now, trying to avoid his leg and head shots. I’m trying every heavy move I can to finish this thing. I hit another Death Toll, but he kicked out before three. He wailing away on me, and before long, my legs are gone, so I can barely walk. The time is ticking, and my head has almost had it. He goes for a war dance flurry, but I counter with a body slam onto a chair. Then he goes for a piledriver, but I break out. He goes to the ropes and hits me with a flying double axe handle. I’m seeing it now, I’m done for. Less than two minutes left…. I slip out of the Indian Deathlock, full arm drag and twist….. Bam!!!!! DEATH TOLL!!!! I use what little enery I have left to roll him in, 1……2………3.!!!!!!! OH my gosh!!!! I can’t believe it! I won!! 43 minutes-B- [B]So you know how close this was condition-wise, my legs were at 0, and my head was at 13 when I won![/B]

[B]Overness[/B] USA 14 Canada 13 Mexico 21 UK 3 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit-32 Power-45 Technique-47 Speed-46 Psychology-81 Stamina-51 Toughness-63 Charisma-20 Microphone-42 Safety-64 Looks-98 Respect-24 [B]Records:[/B] Past promotions: All Star Wrestling 3-3 Calgary Stampede Wrestling 6-13 Championship Wrestling Association 11-21 Maple Leaf Wrestling 13-33 UWA 10-10 Current Promotions: Houston Championship Wrestling 23-20 Pacific Northwest 1-3 Southeastern Championship Wrestling 13-45 Southwest Championship Wrestling 13-29 May Record: 10-4 [B]Overall Record: 93-176[/B] Contracts: HCW-Midcarder $131 PA PNW-Midcarder $128 PA SECW-Main Eventer $160 PA SWCW-Midcarder $119 PA

Archived