WOW. ive never seen a character so young (18) with such ability. i just signed him in my TCW game. rumble B- tech B+ flying A Ent B+ Perf B+ Phys B+ any tips on how to get him to the top properly? i dont want to ruin this guy unless destiny just doesnt have him going far. anyone have success stories or failures to share with him? PS- reminds me of eddie G. anyone else get that impression?

He's one of the best wrestlers in the CornellVerse and if used properly could be on the top of a promotion his entire career since he's so young. In my TEW '07 game I didn't do too much with him and I regret it now that I can't sign him in my TEW '08 game. I'm a small promotion in New England and he won't negotiate because he's based in Mexico. I always had him tag with his brother Louis Montero Jr. and never gave him much of a singles run. In a promotion like TCW where there's a lot of talent, the possibilities for him are endless. I'd put him in matches with guys that have similar skills. You can use him to get really good match ratings.

I often like to stick my younger guys or developmental prospects in tag teams or stables to introduce them and bring them along. It's not like Gino needs any help, though, since at 18 years old he'll already be one of the most talented guys on any roster you could assemble. I still might stick him in a tag team (maybe with another young prospect) off the bat, as he'll need to pick up some popularity before TCW fans are ready to accept him in any lengthy or important matches. With his ability, he shouldn't have much problem getting over by jobbing to the talented members of the TCW midcard, though, whether as a singles competitor or in a tag team. I've got him in my current TCW game as well, and have his popularity at around the E+ to D- minus level after his first six weeks of action, but I don't have him in a team as yet. I just don't see anyone that I love as a partner for him. I haven't decided whether to play it smart and put him in a lower level team with another high-flying prospect or keep him in the All Action division for the near future, or give him the Jesus push and try to get him into the main event within three months of his debut and risk him getting a big head. Trying to keep him in the lower card might not be easy, though, given the match grades he can pull off immediately. He might rocket up the card no matter what. I think it's probably tough to go wrong with Gino. The kid is a star. My only real piece of advice is to make sure you keep him jobbing in short matches (probably no more than 6-7 minutes) until you get his popularity up a bit or the fans will feel he's being shoved down their throats and it'll ruin his match grades and retard his development.

Archived