The Origin & Evolution Of NYCW

Cheers guys. It may be a few days till the next show is up.. Had a couple of days off but now back to work with a new promotion.. Its seriously like Starship Troopers there.. [I]'I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better.'[/I]

[FONT="Arial"][CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/TEW08%20Randoms/nycw.jpg[/IMG] [B][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="6"]2nd Ave Mardi Gras Special[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]
[B][COLOR="Navy"] Brooklyn High School[/COLOR][/B] Wednesday Wk 3 February 2008 300 In Attendance [B][COLOR="Navy"]Pre-Show Rating:[/COLOR][/B] E- [CENTER][B]American Machine [I][SIZE="1"]Vs[/SIZE][/I] Sammy The Shark[/B] American Machine defeated Sammy The Shark in 6:56 by pinfall with an Old Glory.[/CENTER] [B][COLOR="Navy"]Rating:[/COLOR][/B] D- A video plays hyping up tonights match of Dazzling Dave Diamond vs. Lee Wright for the Tri-State Championship. [B][COLOR="Navy"]Rating:[/COLOR][/B] E- [B][COLOR="Navy"]NYCW Tri-State Regional Championship Match:[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/TEW%20Diary/Belts/NYCW_TriState.jpg[/IMG] [B]Dazzling Dave Diamond [I][SIZE="1"]Vs[/SIZE][/I] Lee Wright [I][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"](c)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B] Lee Wright defeated Dazzling Dave Diamond in 7:50 by pinfall with a Wright Stuff.[/CENTER] [B][COLOR="Navy"]Rating:[/COLOR][/B] D- Dazzling Dave Diamond is attempting to climb out the ring but no before Lee Wright attacks Triple D ... mid beating Whistler runs in and makes the save by scaring Lee Wright off. The camera fades away with the image of Whistler helping Dazzling Dave Diamond backstage. [B][COLOR="Navy"]Rating:[/COLOR][/B] E- Herb Stately comes out and announces that he has signed a new client, and will be debuting them soon. [COLOR="Navy"][B]Rating:[/B][/COLOR] E+ [B][COLOR="Navy"]NYCW Tag Team Championship Match:[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/TEW%20Diary/Belts/NYCW_Tag.jpg[/IMG] [B]Old School Principals [I][SIZE="1"]Vs[/SIZE][/I] Wiley Coyote[/B] Old School Principals defeated Wiley Coyote in 8:48 when The Masked Mauler defeated Wiley Steinway by submission with an Iron Claw.[/CENTER] [B][COLOR="Navy"]Rating:[/COLOR][/B] E Honest Frank is backstage, arguing with Grandmaster Phunk. It gets heating with each man claiming that their should be the number 1 contender, and the shouting catches the attention of Daniel Lombardi who is passing by. He walks in and decides to settle it by booking them to face each other in a singles match. [B][COLOR="Navy"]Rating:[/COLOR][/B] C- [B][COLOR="Navy"]#1 Contenders Match:[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B]Honest Frank [I][SIZE="1"]Vs[/SIZE][/I] Grandmaster Phunk[/B][/CENTER] Grandmaster Phunk is in the ring, about to compete. Before the match starts, Steve Flash comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his potential opponent. Phunk does not look happy about it, and appears somewhat distracted too. [B][COLOR="Navy"]Rating:[/COLOR][/B] C- [CENTER]Honest Frank defeated Grandmaster Phunk in 9:57 by pinfall with a Frank-N-Hurter.[/CENTER] [COLOR="Navy"][B]Rating:[/B][/COLOR] D+ Steve Flash climbs into the ring and heads to congratulate Honest Frank on the win. Frank looks at Flash's hand, before spitting at him. Frank distracts Flash while Grandmaster Phunk climbs into the ring from behind and slams a chair against his back. Then both Phunk and Frank start beating upon the fallen Flash. [COLOR="Navy"][B]Rating:[/B][/COLOR] C- [CENTER][B][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="4"]Final Show Rating:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] D [/FONT][/CENTER]
[B][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial"]Post-Show[/COLOR][/B] Fern Hathaway was at it again.. This time she was telling everyone that Cheerleader Nicki was sleeping with The Stomper and that was the only reason she had a place at NYCW. The rumor had made his way to Daniel, and he stalked the corridoors looking for her. [I]'Fern!'[/I] He shouted as he finally found her. [I]'Was my words not enough last month. I told you to cut it out. Consider this for final warning. If you mess up again, then your gone.. No more chances'[/I] Fern looked stunned.. All she could mutter was [I]'I'll try do better'[/I]
[/FONT]

[QUOTE=foolinc;451766]Wow. I really can't believe you put Honest Frank over Phunk. Not because I'm a Phunk mark (which I am), but because of the major overness difference between Frank and Phunk. Is Phunk's contract coming up soon?[/QUOTE] Frank has unplumbed depths of potential. Case in point in my 07 NYCW diary, 8 years out, I am at cult, and the Frankenator is still chugging along at upper midcard level, despite gasping in the ring after 5 minutes. ;)

[B][FONT="Arial"]At the next NYCW show:[/B] [CENTER][B][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="6"]Patriot Games[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B]Dazzling Dave Diamond [I][SIZE="1"]Vs[/SIZE][/I] Sammy The Shark[/B] [B]Land Mass [I][SIZE="1"]Vs [/SIZE][/I]American Machine[/B] [B]Steve Flash [I][SIZE="1"]Vs[/SIZE][/I] Grandmaster Phunk[/B] Plus [B]Herb Stately's new client makes his debut[/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

[B]Dazzling Dave Diamond[/B] Vs Sammy The Shark Good match up Land Mass Vs [B]American Machine[/B] Psychology is gonna drag this match down if it goes over 6 minutes, not to mention exhasuting Land Mass [B]Steve Flash[/B] Vs Grandmaster Phunk You will never see me pick against Steve Flash not even if I'm sure he's going to lose I vote for a Steve Flash win. I'm with Rollins Gargantuan is a great pick for NYCW.

[QUOTE=Clarity;456630]Bad news guys.. My PC's operating system was shot, and i've had to format and reinstall so i've lost everything that i had done on my NYCW game..[/QUOTE] That's terrible news. Though it would give you the chance to do a NYCW '97 diary... All that talent could be at your fingertips.

[QUOTE=foolinc;457126]That's terrible news. Though it would give you the chance to do a NYCW '97 diary... All that talent could be at your fingertips.[/QUOTE]A '97 version is a possiblilty, but im not putting a timeframe on anything. My primary concern right now is rebuilding my Daz folder to be something vaguely usable. Then once thats done, I'll start a new game up.

Archived