I searched for answers to these, but I couldn't find anything. 1) When I book my live tv shows, if I get a really high rating, like A or A*, my ratings are actually worse. :( 2) My television shows don't seem to be impacting my popularity when I run them. I know B shows don't matter, but I though my normal show would. I ran Nitro in a location where I had B- popularity and the show got an A and it said, "No specific comments" Any help with these two things? Am I just missing something obvious?

[QUOTE=justtxyank;452951]Am I just missing something obvious?[/QUOTE] Yup. Importance. No one cares if you're popular in The Maritimes. That area has little importance. So, if you're running shows that raise your popularity a little bit but only in areas of low importance, why should you get a note saying you have increased popularity across the board? Wouldn't that be misleading? I don't even understand the first question. Your show rates A or A* but your show rating is worse? Whaaa? If you're not advance booking every match on the card, you'll find that your TV ratings won't be what you think they should be. Only your hardcore, fanboi type fans are going to tune in every week no matter what. Everyone else needs a reason to do so. That's what advance booking is.

[QUOTE=Remianen;452954]Yup. Importance. No one cares if you're popular in The Maritimes. That area has little importance. So, if you're running shows that raise your popularity a little bit but only in areas of low importance, why should you get a note saying you have increased popularity across the board? Wouldn't that be misleading? I don't even understand the first question. Your show rates A or A* but your show rating is worse? Whaaa? If you're not advance booking every match on the card, you'll find that your TV ratings won't be what you think they should be. Only your hardcore, fanboi type fans are going to tune in every week no matter what. Everyone else needs a reason to do so. That's what advance booking is.[/QUOTE] Ok, just to clarify. I ran a show in the Tri-State area. The importance of the area is 100%. My WCW popularity in the area is 74% (looked in the editor). I ran a show that got an A popularity (TV Show, Nitro) and got nothing from it, it just said "Nothing specific to report." On the flip side, my ppv (Starrcade) that I ran got an A and it increased my popularity. As for the second part, nope it's not the advanced booking. My shows are usually pulling in the 3s right now for ratings with B- to B+ events. I got an A for Nitro for the first time and the ratings dropped into the mid 2s.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;452960]Ok, just to clarify. I ran a show in the Tri-State area. The importance of the area is 100%. My WCW popularity in the area is 74% (looked in the editor). I ran a show that got an A popularity (TV Show, Nitro) and got nothing from it, it just said "Nothing specific to report." On the flip side, my ppv (Starrcade) that I ran got an A and it increased my popularity.[/QUOTE] The message you get at the end of the show tells you whether your popularity went up in total across the world. It sounds very likely that your TV show only shows in USA, so then the AI looks at the total increase / decrease in popularity in all areas of USA (ie everywhere the show airs) Now since your poularity in USA is high across the board, you don't get much (if any increase) even from an A rated show. With Starrcade, I would assume you have several PPV deals in place across the world (cos it is far easier to gain PPV deals than TV). Now in this case, the likelihood is that your popularity in other countries is not as high as USA, thus an A show raises popularity abroad quite a bit from the A rated show - thus the TOTAL popularity increase is positive - hence you get the note. To be honest - if you are looking in the editor anyway, I would ignore the message and just check the exact % each time - that will tell you whether you did well or not! [QUOTE]As for the second part, nope it's not the advanced booking. My shows are usually pulling in the 3s right now for ratings with B- to B+ events. I got an A for Nitro for the first time and the ratings dropped into the mid 2s.[/QUOTE] The TV rating has very little to do with the rating that the show got It will be at least partly to do with the advanced booking - just cos you got a good show grade doesn't mean that many TV viewers watched it. If you didn't tell them that you had good matches to see - then why would they tune in? (apart from your core audience) Other factors may include - other companies shows at the same time (a new show perhaps?), the wrestling industry rating going down, or just a random slightly lower amount of veiwers that week. Unless you are getting warnings for your ratings - it doesn't really matter in the least - it's all about the show grade.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;453096]Other factors may include - other companies shows at the same time (a new show perhaps?), the wrestling industry rating going down, or just a random slightly lower amount of veiwers that week.[/QUOTE] Also, last week's show grade (if the last show was poor, fickle mainstream audiences are unlikely to tune in to this one), and non-wrestling shows. Maybe a rival network have a really hot new TV show in your timeslot?

Also possible that your advance booked matches for this show had a lower pre-show hype, then the previous show. So going into the B rated show the hype for the advanced booked matches may have been say an A but for the show that got rated an A you advanced booked matches may have had a say C hype going in.

Archived