WCW PPV recommendations

Blasphemywebleed

Over the next 6-8 weeks i'm pretty much going to be confined to the house and i'm looking for ways to pass the time. I've been on a nostalgia fix recently and have delved deep into my WWF/WWE/ECW archives and have been playing old PPV's in the background while I work. Now when I was younger I used to watch WCW on TNT but I never got to see the PPV's due to lack of a carrier. Come to think of it i've probably seen less than 5 WCW PPV's in my life. I'm looking for recommendations for any WCW PPV's that I can order and stick on in the background to make my work a little less painful :p Obviously try to keep them spoiler free as although i'd probably have heard some of the results I like the surprise to be there :p

Halloween Havoc 98 was pretty entertaining for two or three matches. DDP v Goldberg was a top notch match imo. Spring Stampede 99 was good. The main event is cool just because the booked result didn't happen. Bash at the beach 1996 Halloween Havoc 1997 was good. Starrcade 96 Superbrawl VIII was good I don't know, there weren't a lot that were great top to bottom.

I can't remember specific shows at the moment, but I'd recommend any shows from 1996-1998 that featured the WarGames match. WarGames was always one of my favorite gimmick matches, and it's also fun to see what guys like Rey Mysterio and the rest come up with in their matches using the 2-ring setup. I think Fall Brawl was usually the event that had WarGames, but I'd have to check to be sure. :)

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;453353]Thanks folks, i've went ahead and ordered me 3 or 4 DVD's. Should keep me busy for a while :cool:[/QUOTE] Just out of curiosity where did you order the DVD's from as I would love to order some old WCW DVD's.

If you want to go a bit older, I recommend Starcade 1991 ... Battlebowl! Maybe it's just me, or it's glorified in my mind because I was a tad younger at the time, but the idea of taking a bunch of names, putting them in a fishbowl, and drawing random tag teams, who had to win to advance was always interesting to me. I've been known to stare at shiny trinkets for hours on end too, so keep that in mind when it comes to my recommendations. lol

I loved that concept as well. Starrcade '89 was enjoyable, Great American Bash 92 had Sting/Vader and the NWA tag team tournament ([url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_American_Bash#1992[/url] - several ~20 minute matches - nirvana, I'm telling you) and SuperBrawl 1991 had the Steiners vs. Sting/Luger match that won the PWI Match of the Year. Superbrawl 1992 had the Liger/Pillman rematch. Bash at the Beach 1992 had, I believe, both the Rude/Steamboat Iron Man match and the Sting/Cactus Falls Count Anywhere match. Oh, and lest we forget, Wrestle War 1992 with the Stingers/Dangerous Alliance War Games match. Just fantastic... Oh, and HH 93 has the Cactus/Vader Texas Death match, while HH '97 saw the classic Mysterio/Eddy mask vs. title match

Archived