Jack Avatar Comes To WCW! (1991)

... [QUOTE][B][SIZE=4][CENTER]WCW Starrcade 1990: Collision Course[/SIZE] Bobby Eaton defeated The Z-Man (8:45)[1] --Eaton pinned The Z-Man with an inside cradle. Quarterfinal: The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) (USA) defeated Sgt. Krueger and Col. DeKlerk (South Africa) (2:12)[1] ---Scott pinned DeKlerk after a Frankensteiner. Quarterfinal: Konan and Rey Misterio (Mexico) defeated Chris Adams and Norman Smiley (United Kingdom) (5:29)[1] ---Konan pinned Smiley after a super inverted vertical suplex. Quarterfinal: Mr. Saito and The Great Muta (Japan) defeated The Royal Family (Rip Morgan and Jack Victory) (New Zealand) (5:41)[1] ---Muta pinned Victory with a bridging German suplex. Quarterfinal: Victor Zangiev and Salman Hashimikov (Soviet Union) defeated Troy Montour and Danny Johnson (Canada) (3:54)[1] ---Hashimikov pinned Montour after a belly to belly suplex. Michael Wallstreet (w/Alexandra York) defeated Terry Taylor (6:52)[1] ---Wallstreet pinned Taylor after a Stock Market Crash. The Skyscrapers (Sid Vicious and Danny Spivey) defeated Big Cat and The Motor City Madman (1:01)[1] ---Vicious pinned Madman after a double powerbomb with Spivey. Tommy Rich and Ricky Morton (w/Robert Gibson) defeated Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael Hayes) (w/Little Richard Marley) (6:13)[1] ---Morton pinned Garvin with a roll-up. Semifinal: The Steiner Brothers (USA) defeated Konan and Rey Misterio (Mexico) (2:51)[1] ---Rick pinned Misterio after a powerbomb. Semifinal: Mr. Saito and The Great Muta (Japan) defeated Victor Zangiev and Salman Hashimikov (Soviet Union) (3:08)[1] ---Saito pinned Zangiev after a Saito suplex. Lex Luger defeated Stan Hansen in a Texas Lariat match to win the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (10:13)[1] ---Luger won after touching all four turnbuckles. NWA World Tag Team Champions Doom (Ron Simmons and Butch Reed) (w/Teddy Long) and Arn Anderson and Barry Windham fought to a no-contest in a Street Fight (7:19)[1] ---The match ended in a draw when Windham pinned Simmons, and Reed pinned Anderson simultaneously. Doom retained the title. Final: The Steiner Brothers (USA) defeated Mr. Saito and The Great Muta (Japan) (10:52)[1] ---Rick pinned Saito with a sunset flip to win the tournament. Sting defeated The Black Scorpion (w/Dick the Bruiser as special guest referee) in a steel cage match to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (18:31)[1] ---Sting pinned Scorpion after a diving crossbody. Per the pre-match stipulation, The Black Scorpion had to unmask, and was revealed to be Ric Flair. Courtesy of [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starrcade_%281990%29[/url][/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE] So this is what WCW has come to? Long-time World Championship Wrestling fans were up in arms about the whole Black Scorpion fiasco. The Nature Boy being under the gimmick didn't exactly help to win over fans either. From 1988 to December 31st, 1990 Jim Herd was the Executive Vice President of World Championship Wrestling, offering us such ideas as the Hunchbacks, the Ding Dongs and more. Behind his back, though, Ted Turner could see that there was a need for a change and he decided to get more interactive with the WCW brand. He went through Turner Broadcasting, looking for someone with more wrestling experience and that is when he turned up a little known intern, me, by the name of Jack Avatar. After a lengthy and arduous interview process with Ted Turner, I was given the job of turning WCW around into something that would make a profit. And though I knew it would alienate some of the fan base, I made the decision to cut ties with the National Wrestling Alliance. If WCW is going to stand on it's own two feet, then it needs to do so without ties to that umbrella organization. While I admire the rich history of the NWA, it is time for WCW to become it's own brand. Welcome to... [U][SIZE=5][CENTER][B]THE REBIRTH OF WCW[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE][/U]

[B][U]Monday, Week 1, January, 1991[/B][/U] This first day, Mr. Turner told me to take a look within my office and read my roster and get settled in but I only have a day to do so because tomorrow he is going to be telling me the things that he expects of WCW. Mr. Turner will be taking a more active role within this company but most things will be my own decision on how I run them. I guess I should take this time to explain a little more about myself. My name is Jack Avatar and I am an 18 year old businessman/wrestler. I've been wrestling since I was 16, training at 16 and working on the Indy scenes and also as an executive at Turner Broadcasting. People have called me a whiz kid and a genius but I don't take that kind of thing too seriously. I just do my job to the best of my ability and I have a heart for wrestling. I have been following wrestling for as long as I can remember and a fan of the NWA ever since I was a baby boy so this is an actual journey continuing on in the life of a wrestling fan. When I arrived at the office, there was a paper on there that looked like this... [QUOTE][B][CENTER][U]Main Eventer[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Lex Luger (WCW United States Heavyweight Champion) Rick Steiner Scott Steiner Sting (WCW World Heavyweight Champion)[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Arn Anderson Barry Windham Big Van Vader (Managed by Harley Race) Nikita Koloff Ric Flair (Managed by Woman) Rick Rude (Managed by Paul E. Dangerously) Ron Simmons (Managed by Teddy Long) Sid Vicious[/COLOR] [U]Upper Midcarder[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Beautiful Bobby Eaton Big Josh El Gigante Jack Avatar Norman the Lunatic Ricky Morton[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Dan Spivey Dick Slater Kevin Sullivan Michael Hayes Michael Wallstreet (Managed by Alexandra York) Steve Williams The Nightstalker[/COLOR] [U]Midcarder[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Brian Pillman Charlie Norris 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer Johnny B. Badd P.N. News Scorpio Tom Zenk (WCW World Television Champion)[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Awesome Kong Badstreet Butch Reed (Managed by Teddy Long) Curtis Hughes Diamond Dallas Page Dick Murdoch Hiroshi Hase Jushin Thunder Liger Masahiro Chono Shanghai Pierce The Equaliser Vinnie Vegas (Changed from Oz) (Managed by Diamond Dallas Page)[/COLOR] [U]Lower Midcarder[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Firebreaker Chip Mark Youngblood[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Angel of Death Buddy Landell Buddy Lee Parker Jacko Victory Lt. James Earl Wright Thomas Rich (Managed by Alexandra York) Tracy Smothers[/COLOR] [U]Opener[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Chris Youngblood Ranger Ross Sam Houston The Juicer Todd Champion[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Black Bart[/COLOR] [U]Enhancement Talent[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Jim Cain Joey Maggs Steve Armstrong Tim Parker[/COLOR] [U]Occassional Wrestler[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Terry Funk Terry Taylor[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Bill Kazmaier Deadeye Dick Jimmy Garvin (Managed by Big Daddy Dink) Ole Anderson Terry Gordy[/COLOR] [U]Manager[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Teddy Long[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Alexandra York Harley Race Paul E. Dangerously[/COLOR] [U]Announcer[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Jim Ross[/COLOR] [U]Colour Commentator[/U] [COLOR=RED]Dutch Mantell[/COLOR] [U]Referee[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Nick Patrick Randy Anderson[/COLOR] [U]Authority Figure[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Missy Hyatt[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Big Daddy Dink[/COLOR] [U]Road Agent[/U] [COLOR=RED]Jody Hamilton Stan Hansen[/COLOR] [U]Personality[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Bob Caudle Chris Cruise Gary Michael Cappetta Gordon Solie Jim Herd Magnum T.A. Tony Schiavone[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Madusa Miceli Ted Turner Woman[/COLOR] [U]Teams[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Brian Pillman and Tom Zenk (Regular) Rock 'n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) (Regular) The Patriots (Firebreaker Chip and Todd Champion) (Regular) The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong and Tracy Smothers) (Occasional) The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott Steiner) (Regular) The Youngbloods (Mark and Chris Youngblood) (Regular)[/COLOR] [COLOR=RED]Arn Anderson and Barry Windham(Occasional) Doom (Ron Simmons and Butch Reed) (Occasional) (WCW World Tag Team Champions) Hiroshi Hase and Masahiro Chono (Occasional) Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Ole and Arn Anderson) (Occasional) Miracle Violence Connection (Terry Gordy and Steve Williams) (Occasional) The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael Hayes) (Regular) The Hardliners (Dick Murdoch and Dick Slater) (Regular) The State Patrol (Buddy Lee Parker and Lt. James Earl Wright) (Regular) The Vegas Connection (Diamond Dallas Page and Vinnie Vegas) (Regular)[/COLOR] [U]Stables[/U] [COLOR=RED]The Desperados (Black Bart, Deadeye Dick and Dutch Mantell) The Diamond Mine (Diamond Dallas Page and Vinnie Vegas) The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy) The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson, Barry Windham, Ole Anderson, Ric Flair, Sid Vicious and Woman) York Foundation (Alexandra York, Curtis Hughes, Michael Wallstreet and Thomas Rich)[/COLOR] [U]Medical[/U] [COLOR=BLUE]Robert Gibson - Knee Damage (5 months, 2 weeks) Star Blazer - Neck Strain (49 Days)[/CENTER][/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] After looking at that roster, certain things stuck out at me and I made some mental notes as I moved forward... [QUOTE][CENTER][B][U]Franchise Players[/U] 1. Ric Flair 2. Sting 3. Rick Rude 4. Sid Vicious 5. Scott Steiner [U]Next Big Things[/U] 1. Brian Pillman 2. Jushin Thunder Liger [U]Hot Prospects[/U] 1. Jushin Thunder Liger 2. Brian Pillman 3. Hiroshi Hase 4. The Juicer 5. Masahiro Chono [U]Talk The Talk[/U] 1. Ric Flair 2. Sting 3. Rick Rude 4. Terry Funk 5. Arn Anderson [U]Show Stoppers[/U] 1. Sting 2. Ric Flair 3. Brian Pillman 4. Jushin Thunder Liger 5. Beautiful Bobby Eaton [U]Ring Generals[/U] 1. Ric Flair 2. Beautiful Bobby Eaton 3. Sting 4. Arn Anderson 5. Rick Rude [U]Who's Hot[/U] 1. Sting 2. Rick Rude 3. Big Van Vader 4. Sid Vicious 5. Arn Anderson [U]Who's Not[/U] 1. Charlie Norris 2. Deadeye Dick 3. Lt. James Earl Wright 4. Vinnie Vegas 5. Buddy Lee Parker [U]Time Decline[/U] 1. Dick Slater 2. Terry Funk 3. Ole Anderson 4. Dick Murdoch 5. Angel of Death [U]Hidden Gems[/U] 1. Scott Hall 2. Rob Szatkowski 3. Christian Cage 4. Hayabusa 5. Gary Albright[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] After taking a good long hard look at that roster there is obviously some room for improvement. Certain wrestlers will never really be given a chance to shine here at WCW so they should be released from their contracts so they can find work elsewhere. We have begun contract termination proceedings with the following workers: [CENTER][B]1. Big Josh 2. Norman the Lunatic 3. Angel of Death 4. Deadeye Dick[/B][/CENTER] With the impending release of Deadeye Dick, the Desperados stable has been put on the inactive list as well. Also, the WCW World Six Man Tag Team Titles were retired silently since no one has been holding them. The vacant WCW Light Heavyweight Title is an intriguing prospect as we have several wrestlers who could challenge for that vacant belt, including.. [CENTER][B]1. Brian Pillman 2. Buddy Landell 3. Chris Youngblood 4. Dick Slater 5. Firebreaker Chip 6. Hiroshi Hase 7. Jack Avatar 8. Jacko Victory 9. Jim Cain 10. Joey Maggs 11. Johnny B. Badd 12. Jushin Thunder Liger 13. Mark Youngblood 14. Masahiro Chono 15. Ranger Ross 16. Ricky Morton 17. Sam Houston 18. Scorpio 19. Steve Armstrong 20. Terry Taylor 21. The Juicer 22. Thomas Rich 23. Tim Parker 24. Tom Zenk 25. Tracy Smothers[/B][/CENTER] Almost a who's who of Light Heavyweight Wrestlers there. WCW, at the moment, are looking to sign several elite athletes from the independent ranks. [CENTER][B]1. Scott Hall 2. Steve Austin 3. Don Harris 4. Ron Harris 5. Dean Malenko 6. Eddie Guerrero[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, January 1991[/B] Upon arriving for work, several things needed my attention. The first thing is that [B]WCW Power Hour[/B] was rescheduled to run on Thursday evenings instead of on Wednesdays so that [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] is on a single day. I received my list of goals from [B]Ted Turner[/B]. They ranged from Critical to Average. [QUOTE][B]Goal #1: The financial balance of WCW must not fall below $8,000,000 at any point. [I]Expires: 23 months, 3 weeks[/I] Goal #2: Sting must be kept above B- overall popularity in America [I]Expires: 21 months, 3 weeks[/I] Goal #3: Arn Anderson must be kept above C+ grade momentum [I]Expires: 17 months, 3 weeks[/I] Goal #4: You can't hire any wrestler who is classed as a Psychopath. [I]Expires: 17 months, 3 weeks[/I] Goal #5: You can't hire any wrestler who is classed as a Spot Monkey [I]Expires: 19 months, 3 weeks[/I][/B][/QUOTE] Nothing that seems too overly difficult. The workers I began termination proceedings with yesterday were finished today. We wish [B]Matt Borne, Mike Shaw, David Sheldon and Moondog Rex[/B] the best of luck in the future. We are proud to announce the signing of [B]Stunning Steve Austin[/B] to our roster. He will be available in 7 days after his contract with the other promotions finish. The tough decision has been made to begin the contract termination of former Executive Vice President [B]Jim Herd.[/B] We wish him the best of luck but certain anonymous superstars didn't feel that way. The [B]WCW Super Show[/B] was cancelled as we feel that one event this month is enough and we have the [B]Clash of the Champions[/B] coming up at the end of the month. One more superstar has been talked to for negotiations, including: [B]1. Dusty Rhodes[/B]

[B]Wednesday, Week 1, January 1991[/B] It's the day of my very first [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] card to be done this evening and aired on Saturday. I have some very specific plans for matches this evening and then for matches at the Clash of the Champions. However, there are a few things that need to be settled before the show tonight. A medical exam shows that [B]Scott Hall[/B] is a minor user of soft drugs and a heavy drinker. Hopefully, coming to WCW will help eliminate the need for either of those. [B]Scott Hall was officially signed by WCW.[/B] 23 year old [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] was also signed to a WCW contract. Also, contract termination proceedings were finished with [B]Jim Herd.[/B] The card for [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] should be up sometime today.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Wednesday night from the Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina and broadcast Saturday night on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]WCW SATURDAY NIGHT![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]WCW World Heavyweight Title Match: Sting defends against Ric Flair[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]The Youngbloods vs. The Vegas Connection[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Winners Face Doom At The Clash: Arn Anderson and Barry Windham vs. The Steiner Brothers[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Nikita Koloff vs. Charlie Norris[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Fabulous Freebirds vs. The Patriots[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Tracy Smothers vs. Steve Armstrong[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Masahiro Chono vs. Brian Pillman[/B][/QUOTE] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]WCW Saturday Night[/SIZE] Wednesday, Week 1, January 1991 Charlotte Coliseum Charlotte, North Carolina Attendance: 8,170 The show began with two top notch announcers welcoming everyone to WCW Saturday Night in Jim Ross and Gordon Solie. They spoke about the main event this evening pitting WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting against the Nature Boy Ric Flair. What a match that should be! ------ [SIZE=4]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Masahiro Chono vs. Brian Pillman[/SIZE] And our opening contest is the first round of the Light Heavyweight Title Tournament as the Japanese Masahiro Chono took on Flyin Brian Pillman. Every time Chono got the advantage, the crowd would fire up with a 'U.S.A.' chant, getting into Chono's head as he yelled at the crowd and took his eye off the prize. Flyin Brian started to make his comeback to cheers from the crowd and managed to get the pinfall on Chono following a Missle Dropkick! Brian Pillman advances to the semi-finals! Winner: Brian Pillman Match Time: 10:40 Match Rating: C- ------ Backstage, we see Tony Schiavone with Ric Flair. [U][COLOR=RED]Tony Schiavone[/U] Hello wrestling fans, I'm here with the leader of the 4 Horsemen, the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Ric, tonight you get a second opportunity at winning the WCW World Heavyweight Title from Sting. What do you think you will do different that you didn't do at Starrcade?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Ric Flair[/U] Tony Whooooo Schiavone. You want to know what I am going to do differently tonight? I'm going to walk that aisle against the man with all the little Stingers and crush their hopes and dreams of Sting retaining the WCW World Heavyweight Title. Tonight, Sting, there will be no tricks, no Black Scorpions, no steel cage and no Dick the Bruiser. It will be just me and you, pal, one on one to see who is the man. And we're in my hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina and there's gonna be a party tonight celebrating a new WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Whooooo.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Tracy Smothers vs. Steve Armstrong[/SIZE] The luck of the draw in this tournament has the two Wild Eyed Southern Boys going one on one to advance. The fans really didn't care to see these two in the ring and it showed as they booed both of them. This was a fairly even contest to start off with but Tracy Smothers started to cheat a little, making Steve Armstrong angry. Armstrong started to exit the ring when Smothers rolled him up and grabbed a handful of tights, getting the pinfall win. Winner: Tracy Smothers Match Time: 8:48 Match Rating: F+ Tracy let go of Steve and the two got into a shoving match in the ring! Armstrong was yelling at Tracy, trying to figure out what's gotten into him and Tracy just shook his head and exited the ring. Could we be seeing desension between the Southern Boys? ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... This video shows the title defenses that Sting has had as Champion! He has definitely been a fighting Champion as always and tonight he may be facing his biggest challenge yet in the Nature Boy Ric Flair on WCW Saturday Night![/B][/QUOTE] ------ Backstage, Bob Caudle is standing by with Arn Anderson and Barry Windham. [U][COLOR=RED]Bob Caudle[/U] Good evening wrestling fans, Bob Caudle here alongside two members of the IV Horsemen: Arn Anderson and Barry Windham. Gentlemen, tonight the two of you take on Rick and Scott Steiner to determine the #1 contenders to the WCW World Tag Team Titles and Doom. I'd like to get your thoughts on this upcoming match.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=BLUE]Arn Anderson[/U] Butch Reed, Ron Simmons..your time is coming. Your time is coming to an end at the Clash of the Champions when you step inside the ring with myself and Barry Windham. But tonight we have two different opponents in our head. Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner you're stepping in the wrong path. You're stepping in the path of the Horsemen. Myself and Barry Windham we don't care about what you've done in the past or your amateur background because when we get inside that ring and I hit my DDT it will be lights out and a 1-2-3. Tell 'em Barry.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Barry Windham[/U] I think you said it all, Arn. They're stepping in the ring tonight with two members of the most devestating group out there in the Four Horsemen. Tonight, they learn that you don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind and you don't mess with the Horsemen.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]The Fabulous Freebirds vs. The Patriots[/SIZE] Speaking of great groups, the next match pits the team of Michael P.S. Hayes and Jimmy Jam Garvin against the WCW Patriots. Hayes and Garvin looked really good in this matchup while the Patriots were mostly dominated. Firebreaker Chip and Todd Champion barely got in any offense so it was no surprise when Hayes planted Champion with the DDT and the Freebirds got the victory. Winners: The Fabulous Freebirds Match Time: 7:45 Match Rating: E+ ------ Backstage we have Tony Schiavone with his special guest: Big Sid Vicious! [U][COLOR=RED]Tony Schiavone[/U] Hello wrestling fans, Tony Schiavone back here with another member of the Four Horsemen in Sid Vicious. Sid, I have been told you have a challenge you wish to make tonight.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Sid Vicious[/U] That's right, Tony. I have a special challenge going out to a man by the name of El Gigante. I am setting out to prove that I am the actual best big man in this sport and it starts with you. You may be tall but you're not Sid Vicious and you're not a member of the Horsemen. At the Clash of the Champions, I dare you to come out and face me and I will bring you down with my Power Bomb because I am Sid Vicious, the master and ruler of the world![/COLOR] ------ The focus turned to the announcers again and Jim Ross and Gordon Solie talked about the history of the WCW belt and how tonight may be one of the biggest matches in it's history. Everyone make sure they tune in later on tonight because it's Ric Flair vs. Sting for the WCW World Heavyweight Title. ------ [SIZE=4]Nikita Koloff vs. Charlie Norris[/SIZE] The Russian Nightmare came out to boos from the crowd while Charlie Norris was already in the ring. Koloff dominated the bout, looking good inside the ring against the Native American. It was announced during this bout that Nikita will be Lex Luger's challenger at the WCW Clash of the Champions XIV for the U.S. Heavyweight Title. Nikita ignored the U.S.A chants and got a pinfall over Norris using that patented Russian Sickle. Winner: Nikita Koloff Match Time: 4:39 Match Rating: D- ------ And we head backstage for another interview, this time Tony Schiavone is with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. [U][COLOR=RED]Tony Schiavone[/U] Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Tony Schiavone back here with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting. Sting, tonight you take on the Nature Boy Ric Flair in a sort of rematch from Starrcade. Are you ready for this battle?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Sting[/U] Am I ready, Tony? Am I ready? OWWWW! You know I'm ready! I am pumped to be here in Charlotte taking on the Nature Boy in his hometown. Ohhhh you're right Ric, tonight there will be no games, no Black Scorpions, no steel cage and hopefully no Four Horsemen to contend with. Just you and me inside this very ring for my WCW World Heavyweight Title. A title that I EARNED and that I defend with the backing of each and every one of my little Stingers! Tonight, Ric Flair, it's gonna be showtime! OWWWWW![/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Winners Face Doom At The Clash: Arn Anderson and Barry Windham vs. The Steiner Brothers[/SIZE] What a great match between the two, definitely above average and the crowd was really into it. Anderson and Windham focused on Rick Steiner early in the bout but Rick managed to fight back and dropped Arn with a German Suplex, no bridge, all impact! Both men lie on the mat, looking to make a tag. And both men got it! Scott came in a house on fire against Barry Windham and even met Arn with his own Steinerline! Rick came in and caught Anderson with a Powerslam, setting things up for Scott to hit Windham with that patented Frankensteiner! Scott made the cover and it's the Steiner Brothers going on to face Doom at the Clash! Winners: The Steiner Brothers Match Time: 13:51 Match Rating: C+ ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... Highlights are shown of Ric Flair's career here in WCW/NWA. He's shown winning the NWA World Title from Harley Race and from Dusty Rhodes and shown defending it in other matches. Tonight, he faces one of his toughest challenges in trying to wrest the WCW World Heavyweight Title from Sting. Can he do it?[/B][/QUOTE] ------ [SIZE=4]The Youngbloods vs. The Vegas Connection[/SIZE] Diamond Dallas Page brings down the debuting Vinnie Vegas in this encounter against the Youngbloods. The Connection dominated the bout with Vegas doing most of the work for his team and Page only tagging in when they have the advantage. The crowd didn't seem to care too much for this matchup but Vegas got the pinfall on Chris Youngblood following a Power Bomb. Winners: The Vegas Connection Match Time: 5:57 Match Rating: E ------ Michael Wallstreet is backstage with Alexandra York. [U][COLOR=RED]Alexandra York[/U] After his major victory against Terry Taylor at Starrcade, we believe it is time for Michael to challenge for a belt. I have done some work at my computer and believe he should be challenging for the Television Title against Tom Zenk. Michael?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Michael Wallstreet[/U] You heard what the lady said, Z-Man. At Clash of the Champions, be prepared to lose that Television Title to a better man in Michael Wallstreet. I am smarter than you, richer than you and I have this wonderful personal assistant here helping me out. At Clash of the Champions, Z-Man, your stock is going to crash.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]WCW World Heavyweight Title Match: Sting defends against Ric Flair[/SIZE] And it's time! A WCW World Heavyweight Title defense right here on WCW Saturday Night as the Champion Sting defends against the challenger the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Ric came out first and slid into the ring, standing in the corner and listening to a smattering of boos and cheers from the crowd. Ric gave a little strut before the music changed to that of the WCW World Champion's and the roof blew off the joint as Sting came out from the back and began high-fiving the fans and posing for pictures before sliding inside the ring and coming face-to-face with his challenger before referee Randy Anderson pushed them both back to their neutral corners. He checked each for foreign objects and then was handed the WCW World Heavyweight Title from Sting and held it up for everyone to see. He slid it outside and called for the bell. Here we go... The two athletes circle each other and then lock up in the center of the ring. They jockey slightly for position and Sting pushes Ric to the mat, flexing to cheers from the crowd as Flair looks up at him from a corner. Flair shakes his head and then begins circling again before locking up with Sting once more and sliding him into a side headlock. Flair wrenches it in but Sting pulls him back to the ropes and sends him off the far side. Sting drops down and Flair jumps over, leapfrog by Sting, then Sting grabs Flair and lifts him up in a military press slam that has fans cheering as he sends Flair down to the mat. Flair grabs his back in pain and quickly slides out of the ring to regroup, shaking his head slightly. Flair paces outside the ring and finally slides back in, standing in the corner. Sting comes over and Flair turns him into the corner, delivering a HUGE knife-edge chop that Sting shrugs off! Flair with another chop and another and Sting looks at him and flexes, sending Flair down to the mat with a stare and Flair begs off. Sting looks to the crowd for a moment for support before going after Flair and the Nature Boy strikes with a thumb to the eye. Sting staggers around slightly, blinded, before he's taken down with a shoulder to the knee by Flair. Ric gets back up quickly and grabs Sting's knee, giving it a yank to some 'Whoooos' from the crowd as though they think he might be going for the Figure 4. But Flair brings Sting's leg over to the ropes, laying a knee on Sting's knee and then jumping in the air, crashing down on Sting's knee and releasing a Whooooo, strutting along the mat. Flair grabbed Sting's knee as he came back and dropped an elbow, laying on the leg and tying up his ankle with his own legs using them to stretch out the knee and having Sting call out in pain. Flair stretched again and referee Randy Anderson asked Sting if he wanted to give but Sting said no! Sting made it, scooting over to the ropes and Flair broke the hold at a 4 count by Randy Anderson. Randy and Flair got into a little argument and Sting slipped up behind Flair and rolled him up... 1... 2... Kickout! Flair kicked out of the roll-up by Sting and then lifted him up into a corner. He prepared to whip Sting across the ring but Sting showed his power by grabbing the ropes and shaking his head! Flair tried again but Sting wouldn't budge! Sting turned the tables and pulled Flair into the corner and then whipped him across! Flair went flipping over the turnbuckles and landed on the apron. He went running along the apron but was met midway with a Sting clothesline that sent the Nature Boy to the mats below. Sting stood over by the ropes as Flair was slowly getting to his feet and Sting flew up and over with a cross body on the Nature Boy, sending them both crashing to the mat! Sting grabbed his knee when he landed and he looked to be in a tremendous amount of pain as referee Randy Anderson began the count on both men. At three, Flair was slowly getting to his feet. At 6 Flair rolled inside and broke the count before sliding back outside. He picked up Sting and rolled him inside the ring, grabbing that hurt leg of the Stinger and drawing it over to the corner. Flair brought that leg back and then wrapped it hard around the ringpost! Flair slid back into the ring and laid in some heavy punches on Sting's face, who was losing some of his facepaint by now with sweat and the toll taken within the ring. Flair drew Sting to the middle of the ring and bounced off the ropes, nailing a kneedrop on the Stinger. He made the cover: 1... 2... Kickout! Somehow Sting kicked out of that patented Flair kneedrop! The Nature Boy moved around Sting and grabbed the leg, yanking on it again and drawing Sting closer toward his side of the ropes before moving in and applying the Figure 4 Leglock! The fans stood on their feet as Flair applied the hold and Sting cried out his pain! Flair told the referee to ask him and then grabbed the ropes! Flair held onto the ropes until seconds before Randy Anderson looked up. Randy questioned why the ropes were shaking but Flair denied it and told him to ask again. Randy turned his attention back to Sting and Flair used the ropes for a second time! Sting called out his pain and this time Randy Anderson turned in time to see Flair using the ropes and called for a break. Flair broke on 4 again and made a cover: 1... 2... Kickout! Sting kicked out with authority and the fans got behind the WCW World Champion! Sting fed off the little Stingers and shrugged off some blows by the Nature Boy! He ducked one and caught Flair with an atomic drop! He bounced off the ropes - Bulldog on the Nature Boy! Sting is up, pounding his chest and letting loose with an OWWWW! The Champ pulls Flair up and hits a backbreaker on Flair! The Nature Boy calls out his pain before Sting slides him down to the mat. Sting pulls Flair up and brings him in a corner, climbing up and beginning the punches which the crowd counts along with: 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10!! Sting drops down and grabs Flair, whipping him across to the other side. Sting looks to the crowd for a moment, releasing another OWWW! Then he starts his charge - STINGER SPLASH!!! NO!! Flair moved out of the way at the last second and Sting's head caught the ringpost! Sting is slightly bloody as Flair hits a shoulder to the knee and rolls Sting up. 1... 2... HE'S GOT THE TIGHTS!! HE'S GOT THE TIGHTS!! 3!!! We have a BRAND NEW WCW World Heavyweight Champion! Winner: Ric Flair Match Time: 12:46 Match Rating: A Following the match, Flair went right back to work on Sting's knee inside the ring! The Nature Boy locked on the Figure 4 Leglock and grabbed the ropes for leverage as Randy Anderson was handed the WCW World Heavyweight Title belt! Flair released the hold after several minutes and took the belt, holding it up and that is the last image seen on this edition of WCW Saturday Night! We have a NEW WCW World Heavyweight Champion and his name is Nature Boy Ric Flair. Overall Rating: B- TV Rating: 1.57[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Thursday, Week 1, January 1991[/B] Another day, another show. Of course it is our smaller show: [B]WCW Power Hour[/B] but still a very significant part of World Championship Wrestling. The fans really seemed to have a good time at [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] last evening. They were really into the main event where [B]Ric Flair[/B] defeated [B]Sting[/B] for the WCW World Heavyweight Title. I learned that several of our athletes signed to wrestle elsewhere. Both [b]Ricky Morton[/b] and [b]Michael Hayes[/b] signed with [B]ECWA.[/B] Several matches were lined up for the Clash of the Champions, including: [B]WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: Doom defend against the Steiner Brothers. Finals of Light Heavyweight Title Tournament. Sid Vicious vs. El Gigante United States Heavyweight Title Match: Lex Luger defends against Nikita Koloff Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against Michael Wallstreet[/B] But those are not coming until the Clash at the end of the month.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Thursday night from the Civic Center in Bessemer, Alabama and broadcast Sunday night on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]WCW POWER HOUR![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]WCW World Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against Steve Williams[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Ricky Morton vs. Michael Wallstreet[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Sam Houston[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Van Hammer vs. Big Van Vader[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Hiroshi Hase and Masahiro Chono vs. The Steiner Brothers[/B][/QUOTE] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]WCW Power Hour[/SIZE] Thursday, Week 1, January 1991 Civic Center Bessemer, Alabama Attendance: 1,000 Tony Schiavone and Bob Caudle welcome everyone to World Championship Wrestling Power Hour and then talk about the main event where the Z-Man defends his World Television Title against Dr. Death Steve Williams. ------ [SIZE=4]Hiroshi Hase and Masahiro Chono vs. The Steiner Brothers[/SIZE] Four hard-hitting athletes in this opening contest that was mostly dominated by the Steiner Brothers. Rick and Scott even hit Hase with a Steiner DDT but Chono broke up that three count. However, Chono got nailed late with a Frankensteiner and Scott picked up a three count. Winners: The Steiner Brothers Match Time: 8:06 Match Rating: C+ ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... The video shows highlights of the Ric Flair/Sting match from WCW Saturday Night. Ric Flair picked up the win with a handful of tights and then attacked Sting after the match.[/B][/QUOTE] ------ [SIZE=4]Van Hammer vs. Big Van Vader [/SIZE] Van Hammer is a powerful man but he stepped into the ring against the man they call Vader. Big Van Vader dominated the match against Van Hammer getting booed by the crowd. Harley Race did good at ringside and Big Van Vader looked good in the ring. Vader got the pinfall on Van Hammer following a Vader Moonsault! Winner: Big Van Vader Match Time: 4:41 Match Rating: C- ------ The focus turns backstage where Nikita Koloff is standing by. [U][COLOR=RED]Nikita Koloff[/U] Listen up Lex Luger and all you filthy Americans. At Clash of Champions, Nikita Koloff is going to step inside the ring and dominate this man you call Total Package. He is no total package. He is an American. He is living out American dream with U.S. Title in hand but he is soon to meet Russian Nightmare and hand over the title to Mother Russia.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Sam Houston[/SIZE] Not a great match but good enough for the Power Hour. Neither of these two men really clicked with the other and the crowd didn't care for it. Liger got the pinfall victory following a Brainbuster. Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger Match Time: 2:55 Match Rating: D- ------ The cameras move backstage where the Steiner Brothers are standing by their lockers talking to one another. All of a sudden, they got hit from behind by Ron Simmons and Butch Reed! Ron rammed Scott's head into the locker and Butch Reed lifted Rick Steiner, military pressing him down onto the concrete floor! Doom smiled as they stood over the Steiner Brothers. Teddy Long came onto the scene and handed them their belts and they held them up over the Steiners. ------ [SIZE=4]Ricky Morton vs. Michael Wallstreet[/SIZE] Another slightly decent match for the Power Hour pitting Rock N Roll Express member Ricky Morton against Michael Wallstreet, who was accompanied by Alexandra York. Ricky Morton seemed really off his game tonight, not able to hit a lot of his moves very well. Wallstreet finished off Morton with the Writeoff and a pinfall victory. Winner: Michael Wallstreet Match Time: 5:49 Match Rating: D+ ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play.... Paul E. Dangerously is shown smiling on the screen. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul E. Dangerously[/U] Everyone make sure you tune in this Saturday Night on WCW Saturday Night. I will be debuting the man with the best body in World Championship Wrestling and not only wrestling but the entire world of sports. Be prepared for this man to take the wrestling world by storm. Be prepared for...[/COLOR] And the video cuts off.[/B][/QUOTE] ------ [SIZE=4]WCW World Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against Steve Williams[/SIZE] And it's main event time as the Z-Man defends the World Television Title against Dr. Death Steve Williams. The match was a below average main event that saw both men get in an equal amount of offense. The Z-Man got a big victory in this match, following a Flying Drop Kick! Winner: Tom Zenk Match Time: 7:05 Match Rating: D Following his win, Zenk got attacked from behind by Michael Wallstreet! Wallstreet hit Zenk with the Stock Market Crash! And then stood over him, grabbing the World Television Title and dropping it on the Z-Man's prone body, making a motion at his waist that he wants the belt as the show went off the air. Overall Rating: D TV Rating: .17 on TBS, .00 on TSN[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Friday, Week 1, January 1991[/B] [B]The WCW Power Hour[/B] went off about as expected. [B]Steve Williams[/B] wasn't very thrilled about losing to [B]Tom Zenk[/B] but I convinced him that it is the best thing for the company. [B]Ron Harris[/B] is another signing for WCW. I am also hoping to sign his brother Don in the coming week to add another good tag team in World Championship Wrestling. I have also opted to begin a medium level drug testing policy in hopes of catching people when they start doing their drugs so we can nip it in the bud. I have made the decision to use [B]Terry Funk[/B] within a road agent position instead of his old occassional wrestler position. I believe he has a lot that he can use to tell some great matches. [B]Saturday, Week 1, January 1991[/B] Today I learned a little disturbing news. [B]Terry Taylor[/B] is choosing to leave the company to work with PPW and [B]Gordon Solie[/B] signed a contract to work there too. Might they be trying to move up and compete with us? In positive news, Light Heavyweight wrestler [B]Dean Malenko[/B] has made the decision to join WCW. He is a great technical wrestler and should be a great addition to the WCW roster. [B]Sunday, Week 1, January 1991[/B] Negative news came right away as [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] turned down our bid to get him here in WCW, stating that we are not big enough for him. Apparently, he is looking to make a return to the WWF. Our rating with [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] was a 1.57. Decent but I want better and I am hoping to get it as we grow and expand. [B]Brian Pillman[/B] came to me today and talked about the fact that he doesn't like the push he's been given. We had a small talk about it and I told him I'd take that under consideration. We made the signing of the other half of the Harris Brothers: [B]Don Harris[/B] is now officially signed. Welcome Don! [B]Monday, Week 2, January 1991[/B] Some more negative news this week. [B]WCW Power Hour's[/B] rating on TBS was .17 and on TSN was .00. TSN gave me a warning about our rating being so low. We need to work on that for our Canadian friends. [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] decided he would rather be Vince McMahon's polka dot puppet. That's his choice. [B]Tuesday, Week 2, January 1991[/B] Nothing major happened. [B]Wednesday, Week 2, January 1991[/B] And it's time for another WCW Saturday Night card!

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Wednesday night from the Civic Center in Augusta, Maine and broadcast Saturday night on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]WCW SATURDAY NIGHT![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Barry Windham and Sid Vicious vs. Sting, The Steiner Brothers and El Gigante[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Michael Wallstreet and Thomas Rich vs. Brian Pillman and Tom Zenk[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]P.N. News vs. Nikita Koloff[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Hiroshi Hase vs. Johnny B. Badd[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Non Title: Doom vs. The Patriots[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Fabulous Freebirds vs. The Southern Boys and Sam Houston[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Scorpio vs. Jushin Thunder Liger[/B][/QUOTE] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]WCW Saturday Night[/SIZE] Wednesday, Week 2, January 1991 Civic Center Augusta Maine Attendance: 4,718 Jim Ross and Gordon Solie welcome everyone to WCW Saturday Night and before they can even get their opening done, they are interrupted by the music of none other than the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting! Sting walks out, slapping fives to the crowd before sliding inside the ring and is handed a microphone. [U][COLOR=RED]Sting[/U] Last week everyone saw Ric Flair pin my shoulders to the mat for the 1-2-3.[/COLOR] Boos resonate within the crowd here in Maine! [U][COLOR=RED]Sting[/U] So Ric Flair is the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion. I could cry about it. I could come out here and complain that he held my tights, that he cheated to beat me but I'm a man and I'm not gonna do that. What I am out here to tell each and every one of you little Stingers is that the ride isn't over. This is non-stop excitement when it comes to the big Stinger. And I wanted to let each and every one of you know that at the Clash of the Champions I am cashing in my rematch clause and I'm gonna take back the WCW World Heavyweight Title. Tick tock, tick tock Nature Boy. Your time is nearly coming to an end. Beat me once, shame on you. Beat me twice? Well, that isn't gonna happen! OWWWWWWW![/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Scorpio vs. Jushin Thunder Liger[/SIZE] And our opening matchup is in the first round of the Light Heavyweight Title Tournament. WCW sensation Scorpio taking on Japanese thriller Jushin Thunder Liger. The crowd itself wasn't really into the match despite the fact that it had some great high flying action. Liger picked up the pinfall on Scorpio to advance via the Brainbuster. Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger Match Time: 7:56 Match Rating: D ------ The cameras cut backstage to show El Gigante trying to fight off three of the Four Horsemen! With Ric Flair standing in the background cheering them on, Arn Anderson, Sid Vicious and Barry Windham have taken El Gigante to the ground and are stomping on him, trying to keep him down. What a brutal attack by the Four Horsemen! ------ [SIZE=4]Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero[/SIZE] Two of our newest residents in WCW. The Iceman Dean Malenko taking on latin sensation Eddie Guerrero. Disappointingly, these two had no chemistry at all within the ring going back and forth. The fans sensed that and didn't enjoy these two light heavyweights in action. Guerrero picked up the pinfall victory over Malenko with a Frog Splash. Winner: Eddie Guerrero Match Time: 7:06 Match Rating: D ------ In a backstage area, Tony Schiavone is standing by with Michael Wallstreet and Alexandra York. [U][COLOR=RED]Tony Schiavone[/U] Good evening wrestling fans! I'm Tony Schiavone and I'm here with Michael Wallstreet and his personal secretary Alexandra York. Michael, last week you challenged the Z-Man to put his World Television Title up for grabs in a match at the Clash and then blatantly attacked him on the WCW Power Hour. Why would you make such an attack?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Michael Wallstreet[/U] Even you're smart enough to figure that one out, Schiavone. I attacked the Z-Man to make sure he had enough incentive to put his World Television Title on the line against me and it worked since I do have the match at the Clash.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=RED]Tony Schiavone[/U] Yes but later on tonight you're going to be teaming with fellow York Foundation member Thomas Rich to take on The Z-Man and Brian Pillman. Your thoughts about the match tonight?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Michael Wallstreet[/U] My thoughts? With Thomas Rich, myself and Miss York here how can we lose? You better take out a bet on us, Schiavone because if you do then it will be money in the bank.[/COLOR] ------ Following the interview, Jim Ross says they need to go to another backstage area. A brawl has broken out between the WCW World Tag Team Champions Doom and the Steiner Brothers! They are going back and forth within the locker room with Doom finally gaining an advantage via a belt shot on Scott Steiner. Rick is smashed into the locker and Doom look at each other and smile. What does this do to the 8 man tag match later on now that El Gigante and the Steiner Brothers have been attacked? ------ [SIZE=4]The Fabulous Freebirds vs. The Southern Boys and Sam Houston[/SIZE] Speaking of multi-man tag team action, the 3 Freebirds: Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin and Terry Gordy come out for the next encounter against the Southern Boys and Sam Houston. The fans really didn't care for this one but they did boo and cheer at the appropriate moments. The end came with a miscued clothesline by Tracy Smothers on Steve Armstrong leading to a Freebird DDT and a Michael Hayes pinfall. Winners: The Fabulous Freebirds Match Time: 6:55 Match Rating: E+ Following the match, Tracy tried to help his tag team partner back to his feet and Steve groggily pushed Tracy back. The two got into a brief staredown before Tracy left the ring. ------ Backstage stands our new WCW World Heavyweight Champion Nature Boy Ric Flair. [U][COLOR=RED]Ric Flair[/U] Whooooooo! Take a good hard look WCW wrestling fans at the king of the mountain. Sting, you especially need to take a good long hard look at yourself before you walk that aisle at the Clash of the Champions. You need to decide if you really think you're tough enough to take this WCW World Heavyweight Title from me. I am the best wrestler in the world today, the greatest attraction. Not you Sting, not Lex Luger, nobody from up north because none of them can compete where the big boys play. They can't compete with the man. Whooooo. And neither can you Sting. Tonight you are going to get a little dose of what's gonna happen to you at the Clash. And Ric Flair is gonna dance all night long. Whoooooo![/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Non Title: Doom vs. The Patriots[/SIZE] Doom came out for this match with smiles upon their faces after what they did to their number one contenders earlier in the night. Teddy Long had them ready and they dominated the WCW Patriots team. Butch Reed got the pinfall on Todd Champion following a Gorilla Press Slam. Winners: Doom Match Time: 7:45 Match Rating: D- ------ The crowd booed as Paul E. Dangerously came walking from the back with cellular telephone in hand. He climbed into the ring and was handed a microphone. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul E. Dangerously[/U] First of all, I know that each and every one of you is so sorely, so sadly disappointed at what happened with Sting losing the WCW World Heavyweight Title. Wasn't that such a sad and pathetic display? At least now we have a Champion we can be proud of. But I didn't come out here for that. No, I came out here to make good on my word. On the WCW Power Hour I told everyone that I would be bringing out the man with the best body in professional sports today. That I would be re-introducing them to a man who is gonna take WCW by storm! Let me bring out from the back...[/COLOR] [COLOR=GREEN]Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.[/COLOR] The crowd cheers as out from the back comes Beautiful Bobby Eaton! Eaton walks out and slides into the ring. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul E. Dangerously[/U] What do YOU want?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Beautiful Bobby Eaton[/U] You talk about how you're going to bring out the man with the best looking body in wrestling? The man who is going to take WCW by storm? Well, you're looking at him right here. They don't call me Beautiful Bobby for nothing. But I'll tell you what. Why don't you bring out your man at, say, WCW's Clash of the Champions? Maybe in a matchup with, oh, I don't know, maybe, me?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=RED]Paul E. Dangerously[/U] You really think you're tough enough to face this man? You think you're bad enough to face...[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Beautiful Bobby Eaton[/U] Yeah, I do. So just bring him out at the Clash and we'll have ourselves a little match. As a matter of fact, here's a message you can give to him...[/COLOR] Bobby clocks Paulie with a left hand! Bobby Eaton mounts Paul E. Dangerously and begins punching away several times before getting up and climbing the turnbuckles...ALABAMA JAM!! Paul is dead! He's gotta be! Bobby raises his arms to cheers from the crowd as he walks to the back. ------ [SIZE=4]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Hiroshi Hase vs. Johnny B. Badd [/SIZE] The final first round match in the Light Heavyweight Title Tournament sees Hiroshi Hase from Japan taking on Johnny B. Badd with the winner to face Jushin Thunder Liger next week for a seat in the finals. The crowd still didn't care for any of the matches but Badd showed off his boxing skills in this match, bobbing and weaving against Hase. Johnny B. Badd got the pinfall with his patented Shooting Star Press to advance against Jushin Thunder Liger next week! Winner: Johnny B. Badd Match Time: 8:09 Match Rating: D- ------ And we head backstage where Lex Luger is standing by with Bob Caudle. [U][COLOR=RED]Bob Caudle[/U] Hello wrestling fans, Bob Caudle here backstage with the United States Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger. Lex, at the Clash you will not only be defending the U.S. Heavyweight Title but you will be defending America when you go one on one with Nikita Koloff. Your thoughts heading into this encounter?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Lex Luger[/U] My thoughts are very simply, Bob: just win. It's gonna be an electric encounter with everyone chanting U.S.A. U.S.A. Professional wrestling has been waiting for this match for a long time. I'm going to defend my United States Heavyweight Title belt against the Russian Nightmare and I'm going to prove to him why Russia is second rate compared to America. Be there.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]P.N. News vs. Nikita Koloff[/SIZE] The Rapmaster came out to the ring to some cheers from the crowd as he prepared to take on the Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff. Koloff gave a dominant performance with the Rapmaster barely able to muster up some offense. These two had great chemistry within the ring and that helped make this more watchable. The Russian Nightmare got the win following the patented Russian Sickle. Winner: Nikita Koloff Match Time: 6:36 Match Rating: D ------ The cameras cut backstage where the Four Horsemen are standing around in the locker room. [U][COLOR=GREEN]Ric Flair[/U] Gentlemen, tonight we've already softened them up and now we deliver the final blow against our opponents. Tonight, when they walk that aisle they are going to be shells of their former selves and ripe for the pickings. Let's go out there and get the job done. Whooooo[/COLOR] Everyone held up four fingers and then continued stretching, getting ready for the match later on. ------ [SIZE=4]Michael Wallstreet and Thomas Rich vs. Brian Pillman and Tom Zenk[/SIZE] The York Foundation come out in this match accompanied by Alexandra York while Pillman and Zenk are accompanied by the World Television Title. York did some good work at ringside, getting a few shots in during the match on both Pillman and the Z-Man. However, Flyin Brian and the Z-Man rallied back toward the end of the match and the Z-Man got the pinfall on Thomas Rich following a Flying Dropkick. Winners: Brian Pillman and Tom Zenk Match Time: 7:40 Match Rating: D- ------ [SIZE=4]Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Barry Windham and Sid Vicious vs. Sting, The Steiner Brothers and El Gigante[/SIZE] Eight man tag match in our main event as the Four Horsemen take on Sting, the Steiner Brothers and El Gigante. Sting and Anderson kicked off the match with all of Sting's partners looking slightly in shambles after being attacked earlier tonight. Sting dominated the early going, looking good in this match early but soon the numbers game began to work against him and the Four Horsemen began taking their toll on the Stinger. Sting was finally able to tag in Scott Steiner and Scott got in some good blows as well but he ran into big Sid Vicious and that was a definite problem even for Scott Steiner! Toward the end of the bout, it was an 8 man donnybrock in the middle of the ring with all 8 men going at it: Anderson and Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner and Barry Windham, Ric Flair and Sting and El Gigante and Sid Vicious. The action spilled outside but inside the ring remained Sting and Flair. Sting hit Flair with the Stinger Splash and then grabbed Flair's legs and wrapped him in the Scorpion Deathlock! Flair cried out for mercy, trying not to give up. The Steiner and El Gigante kept the other Horsemen from interfering and Flair finally had to give up! Winners: Sting, The Steiner Brothers and El Gigante Match Time: 7:58 Match Rating: B- Following the match, Sting released the hold and got his arm raised in victory as Flair slid out of the ring and grabbed his belt and the two had a staredown as the show came to a close. Overall Rating: C TV Rating: 1.50[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Thursday, Week 2, January 1991[/B] Several matches on [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] didn't go over as well as I had hoped. The [B]Dean Malenko/Eddie Guerrero[/B] match was particularly disappointing in that the two had no chemistry together at all. But we are heading toward the Clash of the Champions with some momentum. You can add the following two matches to the Clash of the Champions card. [B]Ric Flair defending the WCW World Heavyweight Title against Sting Beautiful Bobby Eaton against Paul E. Dangerously's recruit[/B] A radio interview with [B]Scott Steiner[/B] revealed that he suffers from pre-match nerves, and they get worse the more he is getting pushed. [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] has been identified as a hard drug user by the WCW drug testing policy. As the drug testing is done in-house the press have not gotten ahold of the story, so there is currently no potential for damage to company prestige. A stern warning is given to Guerrero and he said 'Got it, I'll try harder to stay clean in the future.' [B]Art Barr aka the Juicer[/B] has been identified as a hard drug user by the WCW drug testing policy. As the drug testing is done in-house the press have not gotten ahold of the story, so there is currently no potential for damage to company prestige. A stern warning is given to Barr and he said 'Got it, I'll try harder to stay clean in the future.' After some hard thinking the decision has been made to release [B]Kevin Sullivan.[/B] Hopefully, this will appease [B]Ted Turner[/B] some since he doesn't like psychopaths. [B]Terry Taylor[/B] didn't appreciate my decision and neither did [B]Woman[/B] or [B]The Equaliser[/B] I take Woman and the Equaliser's objections a little more than Taylor's since he is leaving the company but my decision stands. The decision was also made to release former World's Strongest Man [B]Bill Kazmaier[/B] from the roster as he doesn't really seem to add anything to the roster, except for a possible headache.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Thursday night from the American Legion Field in Florence, South Carolina and broadcast Sunday night on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]WCW POWER HOUR![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Dick Slater vs. El Gigante[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Bobby Eaton vs. The NightStalker[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Curtis Hughes vs. Ranger Ross[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Dean Malenko vs. Joey Maggs[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Bruise Brothers vs. The Youngbloods[/B][/QUOTE] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

Woot, more WCW action. Dark match is a hard one, El Gigante is a classic big man with no skill or charisma so may get a cheap push to match the period, but I'd go 'Dirty' Dick Slater 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Curtis Hughes - Ranger Ross sounds like a massive jobber (I'm really unsure who both these dudes are?) 'Iceman' Dean Malenko The Youngbloods

[QUOTE=tristram;455960]Woot, more WCW action. Dark match is a hard one, El Gigante is a classic big man with no skill or charisma so may get a cheap push to match the period, but I'd go 'Dirty' Dick Slater 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Curtis Hughes - Ranger Ross sounds like a massive jobber (I'm really unsure who both these dudes are?) 'Iceman' Dean Malenko The Youngbloods[/QUOTE] Curtis Hughes is the old Mr. Hughes, the large black man that always played the bodyguard role. Ranger Ross was a bit of a jobber back in the early 1990s. I think he may have gotten a brief push somewhere in there. lol.

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]WCW Power Hour[/SIZE] Thursday, Week 2, January 1991 American Legion Field Florence, South Carolina Attendance: 1,865 The show begins playing highlights of WCW Saturday Night, focusing mostly on the main event match where Sting got a measure of revenge against Ric Flair by making him submit to the Scorpion Deathlock. ------ Tony Schiavone and Bob Caudle open the WCW Power Hour by talking about their main event tonight where El Gigante will be taking on Dirty Dick Slater. ------ [SIZE=4]The Bruise Brothers vs. The Youngbloods[/SIZE] The Bruise Brothers make their debut here tonight against Mark and Chris Youngblood. Not much of a match here as the Bruise Brothers dominated the Youngbloods from start to finish much to the chagrin of the crowd. Ron Harris pinned Chris Youngblood following a Powerslam. Winners: The Bruise Brothers Match Time: 5:47 Match Rating: F+ ------ A backstage promo begins showing Paul E. Dangerously. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul E. Dangerously[/U] I am sure that most of you got a big kick last week when Bobby Eaton attacked me and hit me with that Alabama Jam. Yeah yeah yeah. Coming up at the Clash of the Champions I will have my revenge when my man debuts and makes mincemeat out of Beautiful Bobby. Bobby Eaton be prepared for...[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Dean Malenko vs. Joey Maggs[/SIZE] The Iceman, the Shooter Dean Malenko taking on Jumping Joey Maggs. Malenko took Maggs down to the mat and used some great mat-wrestling skills in this encounter. Maggs looked halfway decent against Malenko but the Iceman picked up the win by submission using a Crossface Chickenwing. Winner: Dean Malenko Match Time: 5:58 Match Rating: D- ------ Another interview is set up, this one conducted by Jim Ross. [U][COLOR=RED]Jim Ross[/U] Hello wrestling fans, Jim Ross here today with the World Television Champion Tom Zenk, better known to fans as the Z-Man. Z-Man, at the Clash of the Champions you are taking on Michael Wallstreet in what should be a tough contest. Your thoughts?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Z-Man[/U] It's definitely going to be a tough encounter, Mr. Ross. Michael Wallstreet, you're a great athlete. I had a lot of respect for you back before you got all that money. But at the Clash of the Champions I am going to show you why these fans do matter more than your money and I'm going to keep my World Television Title.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Curtis Hughes vs. Ranger Ross[/SIZE] The Bodyguard for the York Foundation Curtis Hughes taking on Ranger Ross. Ross wouldn't prove to be very much competition for the large athlete, leaving Hughes to dominate the match. Hughes got the pinfall victory following a Sidewalk Slam. Winner: Curtis Hughes Match Time: 4:40 Match Rating: E- ------ And we're headed backstage where Gordon Solie is talking with Flyin Brian Pillman. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello wrestling fans and welcome to the Control Center here in World Championship Wrestling. I'm Gordon Solie alongside top light heavyweight contender Flyin Brian Pillman. Brian this Saturday Night you take on Tracy Smothers in the semi-finals of the Light Heavyweight Title tournament. Your thoughts heading into this big match?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Flyin Brian Pillman[/U] I'll tell you what, Gordon, it's going to be exciting isn't it? I don't know what's gotten into Tracy Smothers here lately with his tag team partner. But that's not going to matter in our match. It's a one on one encounter, Gordon, and one on one there isn't a better Light Heavyweight than Flyin Brian Pillman.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Bobby Eaton vs. The NightStalker[/SIZE] Bobby Eaton is preparing for his match with whomever Paul E. Dangerously has chosen as his man. And he's here in this match with the larger NightStalker. This wasn't a great encounter between these two with the fans not really caring much about the NightStalker but Bobby got a decent reaction. Eaton finished the match with an Alabama Jam and a pinfall victory. Winner: Bobby Eaton Match Time: 4:31 Match Rating: D- ------ And one more time backstage. This time with Sid Vicious. [U][COLOR=GREEN]Sid Vicious[/U] You know something, El Gigante, there are some people who call me psycho. There are people who think I'm a lunatic. Well, maybe I'm just SMARTER than everyone thinks I am. At Clash of the Champions I am going to come out alone and destroy you, El Gigante. And when I get finished with you everyone is going to know that Sid Vicious is the master and the man who rules the world.[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Dick Slater vs. El Gigante[/SIZE] And it's main event time as El Gigante comes out slapping hands and being cheered by the crowd. His opponent? The veteran Dirty Dick Slater. When the bell sounded, Slater tried to jump on Gigante quickly but the big man just shoved him off. El Gigante mostly dominated this bout with Slater trying to do everything he can against the big man but Gigante shrugging most of it off. El Gigante got the submission victory with a Choke. Winner: El Gigante Match Time: 5:42 Match Rating: D- Following the submission, Sid Vicious appeared inside the ring and went right after El Gigante from behind! Vicious knocked Gigante into the corner and began beating on him with lefts and rights, slowly chopping down the bigger man until Gigante was left on a heap on the mat with Sid Vicious standing over him and the show goes off the air. Overall Rating: D- TV Rating: .16 on TBS, .00 on TSN[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Friday, Week 2, January 1991[/B] [B]WCW Power Hour[/B] went off about as well as anyone could expect. No problems there. Following WCW Power Hour, some incidents were brought to my attention. Final termination proceedings were done with [B]Kevin Sullivan[/B] and [B]Bill Kazmaier.[/B] [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] has been identified as a hard drug user by the WCW drug testing policy. As the drug testing is done in-house the press have not gotten ahold of the story, so there is currently no potential for damage to company prestige. A stern warning is given to Guerrero and he said 'Got it, I'll try harder to stay clean in the future.' [B]Saturday, Week 2, January 1991[/B] [B]Terry Taylor[/B] officially left WCW today to go and work for PPW. We here at WCW and Turner Broadcasting wish him the best of something. :D [B]Sunday, Week 2, January 1991[/B] [B]Brian Pillman[/B] complained once more about the push he has been given. I decided to give in to him and give him a spot in the Upper Midcard to see how he handles it. [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] drew a 1.50 rating on TBS. [B]Monday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] Our ratings came in for [B]WCW Power Hour.[/B] We got a .16 on TBS and a .00 on TSN. TSN gave us another warning about that but I'm not sure exactly how to change that around without taking some big major risks. [B]Tuesday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] Nothing major to report. [B]Wednesday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] Nothing major to report.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Wednesday night from the Civic Center in Asheville, North Carolina and broadcast Saturday night on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]WCW SATURDAY NIGHT![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Non-Title: WCW World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair vs. WCW United States Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Michael Hayes vs. Steve Armstrong[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The State Patrol vs. The Steiner Brothers[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Ricky Morton vs. Nikita Koloff[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Dan Spivey vs. El Gigante[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Finals: Johnny B. Badd vs. Jushin Thunder Liger[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Finals: Brian Pillman vs. Tracy Smothers[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Sid Vicious vs. Sting[/B][/QUOTE] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]WCW Saturday Night[/SIZE] Wednesday, Week 3, January 1991 Civic Center Asheville, North Carolina Attendance: 10,000 The cameras panned around the Civic Center as Jim Ross and Gordon Solie welcomed everyone to WCW Saturday Night! They spoke about the main event tonight between the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair and the United States Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger! ------ [SIZE=4]Sid Vicious vs. Sting[/SIZE] What an opening contest! The crowd went wild for the arrival of Sting as he took on one of the members of the Four Horsemen in Sid Vicious. A very good back and forth contest between the two men, fairly evenly paced and matched and it only ended as Sting was going for the Scorpion Deathlock and Arn Anderson came flying into the ring, attacking Sting from behind and causing the DQ. Winner: Sting Match Time: 9:38 Match Rating: B Following the bell, Sting started fighting back against Arn Anderson and Sid Vicious but out came Barry Windham and the three on one odds were just too much for the Stinger and he was set up by Sid Vicious, who nailed a Power Bomb on him! The three of the Four Horsemen raised their fingers and walked to the back. ------ [SIZE=4]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Finals: Brian Pillman vs. Tracy Smothers[/SIZE] The semi-finals of the Light Heavyweight Title Tournament here as Flyin Brian takes on Tracy Smothers. The crowd didn't care for this match too much though Pillman seemed to be improving within the ring. Smothers tried to use some cheap tactics inside the ring but it wasn't enough and Pillman nailed him with the Missle Dropkick to advance to the finals at the Clash. Winner: Brian Pillman Match Time: 6:46 Match Rating: D+ ------ [SIZE=4]Light Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Finals: Johnny B. Badd vs. Jushin Thunder Liger[/SIZE] The second semifinal bout within the Light Heavyweight Title Tournament. Johnny B. Badd tried to use his boxing skills to stay away from Liger's high flying acrobatics. Liger wowed the crowd some with some high flying techniques but the crowd wasn't too much into the match. Liger picked up the pinfall on Badd, following a Brainbuster, setting up a Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Brian Pillman final at the Clash! Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger Match Time: 6:34 Match Rating: D ------ Within the backstage area stands a pacing but smiling Ric Flair. [U][COLOR=RED]Ric Flair[/U] First of all, Sting, you should have learned before that when you mess with one Horsemen you mess with all the Horsemen. Maybe tonight you got a small taste of that when you got beat down into the mat. But you're not my focus tonight. Tonight, my attention is turning toward Lex Luger. Lex, you've walked that aisle by my side and against me before. Tonight, you will be my opponent and that is NOT where you want to be. Tonight I am going to style and profile and you're going to bleed alllll night long. Whooooo![/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Dan Spivey vs. El Gigante[/SIZE] The 7'7" giant taking on Sid Vicious' former partner in Dangerous Dan Spivey. The two wrestlers went toe to toe in this one with both of them getting in some offense early before Gigante took Spivey down to the mat! At this point, so early in the bout, Gigante was attacked from behind by his opponent at the Clash: Sid Vicious! Winner: El Gigante Match Time: 3:31 Match Rating: E Sid rammed Gigante's head into the turnbuckle and showed that vicious side with straight right hands to Gigante's forehead but the giant started fighting back! The two men continued to brawl right up the aisle and out of view of the camera. ------ The cameras go backstage where we catch Tracy Smothers talking to Steve Armstrong. [U][COLOR=RED]Tracy Smothers[/U] Look, I'm sorry, man, alright? I just wanted to do anything that I could to win that tournament.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Steve Armstrong[/U] I don't need your help, Tracy. I can do just fine on my own.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=RED]Tracy Smothers[/U] Alright. But I signed us up for a tag match against the Freebirds at the Clash of the Champions. The Southern Boys will start their momentum once again.[/COLOR] Steve just shakes his head and walks off, leaving Tracy standing there. ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... The focus of the video is on the upcoming match at the Clash of the Champions between Lex Luger and Nikita Koloff for the United States Heavyweight Title. Will Lex retain or will the Russian prove his superiority over his American foe? If you want to find out, order the WCW Clash of the Champions live and only on Pay-Per-View![/B][/QUOTE] ------ [SIZE=4]Ricky Morton vs. Nikita Koloff[/SIZE] Speaking of Nikita, the Russian Nightmare is in action here against a southern stalwart in Ricky Morton. Nikita dominated the match as most would expect here though Ricky did turn in a few good moves against the Russian. Nikita picked up the pinfall following the Russian Sickle. Winner: Nikita Koloff Match Time: 6:45 Match Rating: D+ Following the match, Koloff stomped away on the prone body of Ricky Morton to boos from the crowd. The Russian Nightmare dropped down on his knees and punched away at Morton's forehead before looking toward the corner and the Russian chain! But before he could get to it, out came the United States Champion Lex Luger! Luger slid into the ring and exchanged punches with Koloff, lifting the Russian Nightmare into a press slam before Koloff left the ring! Luger knelt over Morton, checking on him and protecting him from Koloff. ------ [QUOTE][B]A video begins to play... This one focuses on the main event at WCW Clash of the Champions where Ric Flair will defend his newly won WCW World Heavyweight Title against the man they call Sting! What an epic battle for the ages and it's coming your way live and only on pay per view![/B][/QUOTE] ------ [SIZE=4]The State Patrol vs. The Steiner Brothers [/SIZE] Rick and Scott Steiner in a bit of a warmup match here against the State Patrol as they get ready to take on Doom at the Clash for the WCW World Tag Team Titles. The Steiners dominated the encounter much to no one's surprise and Rick got the pinfall on Wright following a Bulldog. Winner: The Steiner Brothers Match Time: 7:31 Match Rating: C ------ Backstage within the interview area stands Bob Caudle and Lex Luger! [U][COLOR=RED]Bob Caudle[/U] Hello wrestling fans. I hope you've been enjoying your wrestling action. I'm standing here with United States Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger, who has a few words about our main event.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Lex Luger[/U] You're right, Bob. I do have a few words about our main event. But first I want to talk about Nikita Koloff. Nikita, you think you're a big tough man, don't you? You attacked Ricky Morton after the match was already finished and it looked like you were about to get that chain. Well, I'll tell you what, Nikita. Since you like that chain so much, why don't we make our match at the Clash of the Champions a Russian chain match![/COLOR] [U][COLOR=BLUE]Jim Ross[/U] Whoa, Gordon! What a huge challenge from the Total Package![/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Lex Luger[/U] But I'm not done. Tonight, I will be stepping into the ring with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair. Ric, it's like you said earlier we've seen eye to eye and we've gone toe to toe. Well, tonight is one of those nights where we're going to go toe to toe and may the best man win, Ric. And who else could be the best man BUT the Total Package?[/COLOR] Lex flexes before walking off. ------ [SIZE=4]Michael Hayes vs. Steve Armstrong[/SIZE] The fans definitely didn't like this match and it showed. But this match was meant as a preview for the tag team encounter at the Clash of the Champions. The referee was knocked down in this match and that's when Tracy Smothers came into the ring with a chair! He slid inside and prepared to hit Hayes but Hayes ducked and the chair hit Steve Armstrong right in the head! Smothers looked horrified at what he had done and Hayes tossed him out of the ring. Hayes went back to Armstrong and nailed him with a quick Freebird DDT and then made the cover as the referee revived: 1...2...3! Winner: Michael Hayes Match Time: 7:19 Match Rating: E+ ------ [U][COLOR=RED]Tony Schiavone[/U] Hello wrestling fans. I'm Tony Schiavone and I'm backstage here with Paul E. Dangerously. Paul, the time for the Clash of the Champions is soon approaching and we still don't know the name of your wrestler that will be debuting against Beautiful Bobby Eaton. Can you provide us with any insight on that?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Paul E. Dangerously[/U] You want some insight, Tony? Is that it? You think that you can possibly comprehend the strength, the agility, the power of the man I am bringing to WCW? I don't think you can nor can these hick fans. That's why I am just going to keep my mouth shut and wait for the Clash of the Champions. You see, Beautiful Bobby Eaton has no idea what he's in for. Because at the Clash of the Champions he's going to be taking on...[/COLOR] ------ [SIZE=4]Non-Title: WCW World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair vs. WCW United States Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger[/SIZE] Both men carry the top two golds within WCW as our main event gets underway here on WCW Saturday Night. Ric Flair was accompanied to the ring by Woman while Lex Luger came out alone. This was actually the second best contest of the night with the first going to the opening match between Sting and Sid Vicious. But the fans were into it, cheering for Luger to overcome the odds against the Nature Boy. Chops to the chest of Luger only made Luger flex much like Sting did against them early on. The Total Package got in some good moves and near falls early on but Flair came back and went right to work on the knee. Several minutes of Flair working on the knee took it's toll on the Total Package. But Luger did make a comeback late in the match. The Total Package got a couple of near falls later on in the match but couldn't quite use all his power and strength due to Flair working on the knee earlier. It took some well-timed interference from Woman behind the referee's back to finally turn the tide in Flair's favor and the Nature Boy used an Inside Cradle to get the pinfall victory. Winner: Ric Flair Match Time: 10:48 Match Rating: B- Following the match, Sting's music hit and he came out from the back, releasing an 'OWWWW!' from the crowd. He showed he was a little worse for wear with his makeup smeared after the attack from the Four Horsemen earlier. But he stood at the top of the ramp, making eye contact with Flair and motioning to his waist that he wants the gold as the show came to a close. Overall Rating: C TV Rating: 1.51[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Thursday, Week 3, January 1991[/B] We had our biggest crowd since I took over packed into the Civic Center in Asheville for the [B]WCW Saturday Night[/B] taping. I think we have a good built toward the Clash. [B]Steve Armstrong[/B] has been identified as a steroid user by the WCW drug testing policy. As the drug testing is done in-house the press have not gotten ahold of the story, so there is currently no potential for damage to company prestige. A stern warning is given to Armstrong and he took my lecture, making sure to look as bored as possible throughout and then left. This did not make me happy at all.

[QUOTE=tristram;455960]Woot, more WCW action. Dark match is a hard one, El Gigante is a classic big man with no skill or charisma so may get a cheap push to match the period, but I'd go 'Dirty' Dick Slater 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Curtis Hughes - Ranger Ross sounds like a massive jobber (I'm really unsure who both these dudes are?) 'Iceman' Dean Malenko The Youngbloods[/QUOTE] If you don't know who Mr. Hughes is then I question your WCW fandom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K Large black man with no talent. Played the bodyguard role mostly. I think he had a short stint with Jericho.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Thursday night from the Gold Dome in Shreveport, Louisiana and broadcast Sunday night on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]WCW POWER HOUR![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Bobby Eaton vs. Dan Spivey[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Jim Cain and Tim Parker vs. The Vegas Connection[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Badstreet vs. Brian Pillman[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Van Hammer vs. Awesome Kong[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]World Television Title Match: Tom Zenk defends against Black Bart[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Charlie Norris vs. Steve Williams[/B][/QUOTE] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

Archived