WCW 98- Putting Heart Back into the Business

[B]Eddie Guerrero -[/B] He off for him in the family battle, I can see him 'stealing' it from his little brother. [B]Elimination Tag Match -[/B] So do we pick one person to win or a whole team? I'll go for Ultimo Dragon or his team either way. [B]Dean Malenko -[/B] Only because Bischoff has banned you from making anything of Jericho. Should be a good match. [B]Booker T -[/B] Tough one but I'll go with Booker here. [B]Perry Saturn -[/B] I think he could do with a win to carry on his feud with Raven. [B]Raven -[/B] See Saturn. [B]William Regal -[/B] Good push for Regal maybe? [B] Kevin Nash -[/B] I didn't really like Hall so I'm pluggin for Nash. [B]Goldberg -[/B] I don't think Konnan could end the streak [B]DDP -[/B] I'm hoping Page can get some revenge. [B]Hogan and Hart -[/B] I'd rather Hogan lose but I'm not sure if he has creative control and I want Hart to win aswell. [B] Randy Savage -[/B] I can't see Piper getting much of a push. [B] The Giant -[/B] I think he could do with the titles.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] vs. Chavo Guerrero Ultimo Dragon in the Cruiserweight Contenders Match WCW Cruiserweight Title - [B]Dean Malenko[/B] vs. Chris Jericho Booker T vs. [B]Chris Benoit[/B] Saturn vs. [B]Wrath[/B] Raven vs. [B]Chris Kanyon[/B] Lex Lugar vs. [B]Steve Regal[/B] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs. Scott Hall For The US Title - [B]Goldberg[/B] vs. Konnan Scott Steiner vs. [B]DDP[/B] [B]Hogan & Hart[/B] vs. Savage & Piper Savage vs. [B]Piper[/B] Sting vs. [B]The Giant[/B]

[B]Picks[/B] Chavo Guerrero Jr - who better to start your push by getting the rub from your uncle Juventud, Rey, La Parka - because freakin La Parka is in that team. But, I really do have a lot of time for Psicosis, I think he is and always has been one of the most underrated cruisers. He's a phenomenal wrestler when he's unleashed, so I want him to shine but La Parka to win it :D Chris Jericho - needs to go over Malenko in my book, both are outstanding wrestlers but Jericho has a bit more to him on the 'shtick.' Chris Benoit - I think Benoit needs to head up the card, and beating Booker T to end this feud is just the tonic Saturn - He's just a better all round wrestler than Wrath Raven - Again, it's time for him to get on a roll. I think Kanyon's time needs to come, but I'm not convinced it's quite yet. He's a project wrestler that needs time to develop, and I realistically think WCW kinda did it right by maximising that exposure for him alongside Page and Bigelow in the Jersey Shore Triad in the tag ranks. Lex Luger - it'd be a huge call to put Steven Regal over him at this stage as Lex Luger still represents a real challenge to the nWo whereas Regal right now is sorta lost in the wash up. Scott Hall - the nWo Hollywood will get involved here. Bill Goldberg - Konnan can't go over the phenom here. Diamond Dallas Page - WCW needs a big win, and here it is. Bret Hart and Hollywood Hulk Hogan - I'm not convinced Roddy Piper can get a push out of this because he just can't go at this stage of his career. Unfortunately I think realistically it'd be a lethargic match designed to slow the tempo of the crowd towards the big finale, simply because out of these guys only really Hart and Savage can go, and Savage is a day to day proposition. Hart's the best wrestler here and needs the rub. Randy Savage - Piper worries me with how dirty a player he can be, but frankly, being dirty is one thing - being mad and deranged is altogether another. Sting - I don't think it's time for the Giant to go over Sting, realistically Sting needs to stay strong and WCW needs to have some rub.

Chavo Guerrero Jr vs [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] [I]Eddie needs to dash up the card, quick. You know he's worth it.[/I] [B]Ultimo Dragon, Billy Kidman & Psicosis[/B] vs Juventud Guerrera, Rey Mysterio Jr & La Parka [I]Well, the real winners are the fans[/I] [B]Dean Malenko [/B]vs Chris Jericho [I]Jericho has that Bischoff thing against him and Deano could do with a big win like this[/I] [B]Booker T[/B] vs Chris Benoit [I]Guess work, but neither will come out of this badly[/I] [B]Saturn[/B] vs Wrath [I]Not entirely sure about this feud, but Saturn is worth more than Wrath[/I] [B]Steven Regal[/B] vs Lex Luger [I]Never liked Luger and always loved Regal[/I] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs Scott Hall [I]Nash can probably offer you more long term, although I wouldn't be surprised if Hall got the win to give him the push he deserved[/I] [B]Goldberg[/B] vs Konnan [I]Obviously[/I] Scott Steiner vs [B]DDP[/B] [I]DDP is a real important part of WCW, he needs to be left to look really good[/I] Bret Hart & Hollywood Hogan vs [B]Randy Savage & Roddy Piper[/B] [I]Can't imagine they'll lose then have to fight, so maybe Bret screws Hogan to become a face. And Hogan might not mind with his creative control as he likes both of the opponents[/I] [B]Savage[/B] vs Piper [I]Randal is more valuable at this time[/I] [B]Sting[/B] vs The Giant [I]He has to be the man for you. Maybe Bret helps him win to have them become Tag Team Champions together. Or Ric Flair interferes. Whatever, someone will interfere to become the co-holder with the Stinger[/I]

Chavo Guerrero Jr vs [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] Ultimo Dragon, Billy Kidman & Psicosis vs [B]Juventud Guerrera, Rey Mysterio Jr & La Parka[/B] [B]Dean Malenko[/B] vs Chris Jericho Booker T vs [B]Chris Benoit[/B] [B]Saturn[/B] vs Wrath Steven Regal vs[B] Lex Luger[/B] [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs Scott Hall [B]Goldberg[/B] vs Konnan Scott Steiner vs[B] DDP[/B] Bret Hart & Hollywood Hogan vs [B]Randy Savage & Roddy Piper[/B] [B]Savage vs Piper[/B] draw [B]Sting[/B] vs The Giant

Hey Keefmoon, one funny thing about your pick on Hart/Hogan...Savage Piper...in real life when this match took place Savage and Piper did job and then wrestle. Of course the follow up match was for all of about 2 minutes, but nonetheless just thought it was kinda funny.

keefy, I would imagine Hogan invoking his CC card, because if he goes down he's taking the rest of them down with him. Also, I think it'd still be logical for Savage and Piper to lose, perhaps one costs the team victory, and it's on. Or perhaps there's just miscommunication and then it's on. So many possible leads with that match, good stuff mikey.

[QUOTE=tristram;469296]Also, I think it'd still be logical for Savage and Piper to lose, perhaps one costs the team victory, and it's on. Or perhaps there's just miscommunication and then it's on. So many possible leads with that match, good stuff mikey.[/QUOTE] Perhaps, but I love the idea that, say, Piper and Savage work really well as a team, Bret screws Hogan (and as Hogan is probably friends with Piper and Savage may not mind jobbing to them) but then Savage and Piper have to go from seamless teamwork to fighting each other. It could go either way, and the prospect of Hart not being a Hogan lackey makes me hope this is the plan...

Chavo Guerrero Jr vs [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] Chavo should get a rub just from being in the ring with uncle Eddie. Getting the win seems like it buries Eddie. Ultimo Dragon, Billy Kidman & Psicosis vs [B]Juventud Guerrera, Rey Mysterio Jr & La Parka[/B] Uh, I like these guys better. Dean Malenko vs [b]Chris Jericho[/b] Dean's a quitter! [b]Booker T[/b] vs Chris Benoit This is another "pick 'em" situation, but I pick Booker for two reasons. 1) Benoit doing the head butt off the cage instead of climbing out seems very likely, and 2) Booker is charismatic and has a great look. Saturn vs [b]Wrath[/b] Wrath has been booked really strongly lately, and Raven's interference seems probable. Steven Regal vs [B] Lex Luger[/B] Pushing talent is for suckers; Lex is over! [B]Kevin Nash[/B] vs Scott Hall Nash should be a legit contender to the title, so he could use the win here. [B]Goldberg[/B] vs Konnan Easiest pick of the night. Scott Steiner vs[B] DDP[/b] DDP is awesome. [b]Bret Hart & Hollywood Hogan[/b] vs Randy Savage & Roddy Piper The NWO has got to win something, right? [B]Savage[/b] vs Piper Savage has been really interesting lately. Piper as a face is always lame. [B]Sting[/B] vs The Giant Sting should keep looking strong with a big win here.

• 3 months later...
Hey guys. I finally got a bunch of time on my hands and I want to start writing again. I just had a question... I was thinking of continuing this diary, but I'm thinking of just writing freehand instead of simming through the game. Would you guys still be interested in reading or would the non-game aspect of it stop you from wanting to read? I was thinking of starting a new thread and just going from the beginning to get everyone re-caught up on things. I just love to write WCW. But if the lack of TEW being played would turn people off, I would contemplate what to do next. Please give me some feedback.

I don't see the need for a new thread to be honest? Just recap here and go would work, surely? As for non-TEW, as a non-TEW author I would have no problem with it as long as you stay realistic, which I'm sure you would do. This was a great diary so I'm not bothered by whether it's on TEW or not. EDIT: What I will add is that as this is esentially a website to promote GDS I still think it's important to be involved with GDS. For instance, I still buy every TEW that comes out and every other diary I prep for is TEW based. It's just I couldn't do FMTA (which I really am intending to bring back eventually!) with it anymore. But to answer your question, I would read it regardless, as long as the realism stays.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;530901]I don't see the need for a new thread to be honest? Just recap here and go would work, surely? As for non-TEW, as a non-TEW author I would have no problem with it as long as you stay realistic, which I'm sure you would do. This was a great diary so I'm not bothered by whether it's on TEW or not.[/QUOTE] Hey Keefy looks like somebody else wants to join the free hand revolution.

[QUOTE=mikeyg32118;530887]Hey guys. I finally got a bunch of time on my hands and I want to start writing again. I just had a question... I was thinking of continuing this diary, but I'm thinking of just writing freehand instead of simming through the game. Would you guys still be interested in reading or would the non-game aspect of it stop you from wanting to read? I was thinking of starting a new thread and just going from the beginning to get everyone re-caught up on things. I just love to write WCW. But if the lack of TEW being played would turn people off, I would contemplate what to do next. Please give me some feedback.[/QUOTE] Broheim, I will read whether it's simmed or not. I'm here for wrestling nothing else. Keep this thread going mate, you've already got so many tales to tell from what you've set up. Keep it all regular and consistent and you'll certainly have me on board listening in.

[QUOTE=tristram;532088]Broheim, I will read whether it's simmed or not. I'm here for wrestling nothing else. Keep this thread going mate, you've already got so many tales to tell from what you've set up. Keep it all regular and consistent and you'll certainly have me on board listening in.[/QUOTE] You guys RULE! I'm definatley going to start this back up then. Be Prepared!

Archived