It seems like fighters who win more gain skills more quickly, but just experience itself I'm not so sure about. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter much in the end because I've had 0-0 guys beat horrible fighters with 20+ fights. My guess is that it's just about as important as any other stat in the game.

From what I'd guess, I'd say Experience affects the mental aspect of fighting. As you fight, you gain more understanding of how things work in the ring/cage. It's probably why there's some journeymen fighters in real life that can prose a problem for fighters much better then they are. Marvin Eastman and Vernon White are two good examples of this. Their not great fighters, but they have enough experience that they can be problems. In WMMA, some new fighters are just much better then the veterans, and can beat them. But most regens start out bad to decent. They have to be slowly brought along, or else they'll get killed. Yet to Debut fighters are somewhat the same, but guys like Ivanov are engineered to come out of the gate swinging. As for building up fighters...I give young fighters very few fights early. The reason, is they don't get better from fighting, but training. The longer their in the game world, the more they'll improve or regress. And you have to try to give them fights they can win. If you throw a brand new rookie in against a 20-3 fighter, and the veteran murders them, then that fighter's confidence and growth could be shattered. I've had it happen. The AI is HORRIBLE at this. They ruin young guy's careers doing that. Either the fighter swims after he's thrown in deep water, or he sinks to the bottom and gets a regen within a few years.

Archived