134 teams in Bowl bound workable without RTEs ?

Hi I am thinking of adding a few more teams to the Bowlbound game since I put Western Kentucky into Independents. Since Southern Utah and UC Davis have been promoted to D1A, I am wondering whether it would be feasible to put the two teams into the Independents as I am tending to be wary of running into RTE or "Block error" messages. If so, what would be the chances if I add South and North Dakota, Eastern Kentucky, Montana, Appalaichan State, Maine, Massachusetts, Northeastern, Montana State, W. Carolina, Delaware and New Hampsire, would the game go kaput ? If I were to equalize the conference to Even numbers, is it workable?

Southern Utah and UC-Davis are both recent additions to 1AA, the NCAA passed a moratorium on moving to 1A, so only the schools conducting studies at the time of the moratorium are allowed to move up. (Western Kentucky is currently listed as the only school re-classifying to 1A) If there are schedules for all of the alignments your conferences should have then theoretically it would work, depending on your system specifications.

[QUOTE=Scott Vibert;460155]Southern Utah and UC-Davis are both recent additions to 1AA, the NCAA passed a moratorium on moving to 1A, so only the schools conducting studies at the time of the moratorium are allowed to move up. (Western Kentucky is currently listed as the only school re-classifying to 1A) If there are schedules for all of the alignments your conferences should have then theoretically it would work, depending on your system specifications.[/QUOTE] Thanks, Scott Even if I were to make the league with 134-140 teams, how would I make it easy to get the schedules and alignment to work? Risk getting RTEs ? Would it be more difficult if I were to make all the conferences be 2 Divisions per conference? Risk getting more RTEs? You see, I cannot make the one conference have a 12 team run unless it has two divisions. Even I thought of putting UC Davis and Southern Utah into Independents, where would I put the following teams in? Montana State - ? Montana - ? South Dakota State - ? North Dakota State -? Illinois State - ? Indiana State - ? Missouri State - ? Eastern Illinois - ? Western Illinois - ? Southern Illinois - ? Northeastern - ? Pennysylvania - ? Maine - ? Massachusetts - ? Eastern Kentucky - ? Texas Southern - ? West Carolina - ? South Carolina State - ? That would make the league with 140 teams. One other thing is that Louisania Tech is somewhat out of place in WAC geographically so I thought Louisania Tech should go into SEC or C-USA or MAC. My computer's memory roughly stands at 21gb, just under half way mark of total memory, so it should run smoothly unless I get some stuff off the computer so as to free up more memory.

One thing that you may think of doing is to structure your independents into two separate independent conferences, as Cooleyvol's 1970 mod. And Louisiana Tech would defintely be more competitive in C-USA than the SEC, and the Sun Belt is also in a similar prestige category as Tech, sad to say. I would recommend a few different teams that some that you have chosen, as well. Furman, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern over Texas Southern, Western Carolina and SC State would be better fits in the bowl subdivision as they come from the upper tier of the SoCon. I created the DI-AA mod, painstakingly taking three different polls and combining them using a 5 year weighted average to set up the prestige for these teams. You can download my latest mod if you like, or you can catch me on IM and I'd love to help!

Archived