Rampage Jackson arrested

grits207

I thought at one point that Rampage was actually a good MMA fighter and generally tough guy but after seeing him on The Ultimate Fighter I realized what a putz he really is. I am not saying I can beat up, I am saying for someone who is supposed to be such a big bad tough guy and king of the UFC, he is kind of a goofball. I was glad to see him get beat by Griffin who has a much bigger heart and works harder. Jackson just tries to cruise by on natural talent and when it comes to really wanting it, he comes up short every time. I saw that Jackson's manager said he would quit if Jackson lost to Griffin. I hope he keeps his word and retires.

[QUOTE=Jim Force;462123]I thought at one point that Rampage was actually a good MMA fighter and generally tough guy but after seeing him on The Ultimate Fighter I realized what a putz he really is. I am not saying I can beat up, I am saying for someone who is supposed to be such a big bad tough guy and king of the UFC, he is kind of a goofball. I was glad to see him get beat by Griffin who has a much bigger heart and works harder. Jackson just tries to cruise by on natural talent and when it comes to really wanting it, he comes up short every time. I saw that Jackson's manager said he would quit if Jackson lost to Griffin. I hope he keeps his word and retires.[/QUOTE] No offense, but if you knew anything about him prior to the show, you should have known he was a goofball. You lose respect for a guy because he jokes around?

[QUOTE=i effin rule;462127]No offense, but if you knew anything about him prior to the show, you should have known he was a goofball. You lose respect for a guy because he jokes around?[/QUOTE] No joking around is all good. I just mean his general demeanor is pretty weak and he just isn't a hard worker. He comes off like one of those guys who floats on natural ability and when he really is under stress he can not deliver the goods. If people like him that is cool with me, I just don't think he is that impressive and I can think of plenty of other 205ers I would rather watch than him.

Jackson isn't a very good coach, and he admitted that before going onto the show. Rampage does indeed work hard for his fights, awhile back he didn't work as hard because his trainers had him only training with amatuers. Then he hooked up with Juanito. Go ask Juantio, Zack Light, Bisping, Kongo, etc. how hard he trains. Even back in the day he trained with Tito and Team Punishment and worked hard then. You opinion is based off of a tv show, not facts or any information from the past. Can not deliver the good? He KO'd Chuck in one of the most highly anticipated UFC bouts of all time, he took Dan Henderson to a decision victory in the first ever UFC/PRIDE Unification bout, and lost to Forrest Griffin in a controversial decision where most MMA insiders either believe he won or earned a draw. I am fine with you not liking him, but do not say he doesn't work hard or can not deliever the goods, because it's quite obvious he can. I'm still waiting on full details to come out about how and why this all came about. Seems out of character for Rampage and I know he has suffered from things such as depression in the past while even being champion. Not saying losing his title spiraled him out of control, but it will be an interesting thing to hear from Rampage eventually on exactly what happened. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.

[QUOTE=Jim Force;462123]I thought at one point that Rampage was actually a good MMA fighter and generally tough guy but after seeing him on The Ultimate Fighter I realized what a putz he really is. I am not saying I can beat up, I am saying for someone who is supposed to be such a big bad tough guy and king of the UFC, he is kind of a goofball. I was glad to see him get beat by Griffin who has a much bigger heart and works harder. Jackson just tries to cruise by on natural talent and when it comes to really wanting it, he comes up short every time. I saw that Jackson's manager said he would quit if Jackson lost to Griffin. I hope he keeps his word and retires.[/QUOTE] I'm the complete opposite. I hated Rampage before Ultimate Fighter because I thought he was a C0cky punk who needed to get his ass kicked. Then as UF went on I saw he did have a cool personality and he seemed like a genuine good guy. Of course I'm still glad Forest won...but I respect the guy more now lol

Archived