Negotiating PPA contracts

Currently running LDN in a real-world mod (the TZone converted one), and wondering if I'm missing a trick when negotiating PPA contracts with potential new workers. A couple have come in with a $1000 dollar PPA request, then said it's not enough, even when I'm meeting all their other demands. That'd be fine, except that the next wage level seems to be $1500 per appearance. I'm loathe to pay an extra $500, no matter how good they are, as money is tight. Is this specific to this one data mod? It seems a bit odd that there's such a big step up in wages at such a low level. Any help gratefully appreciated!

No, the jump from 1000-1500 isn't a mod thing, it is part of the default game. From what I noticed, the sponsors give more money in '08 at the various levels than they did in '07 so the salaries aren't as big of a problem as they used to be, unless you are doing a rock hard game with no or very little money, say under 25,000 starting.

I have no problem with what they're asking, as "in game" relativity makes it reasonable (it's been that way through EWR etc) - it's that 50% increase step-up that is difficult to handle, especially as they seldom sign for what the negotiation guide says they might expect.

Archived