Question to Dev: Did you think of including Taunt moves?

Hi, I am trying the demo of WreSpi and I am building a new experimental Database with currently only one promotion and about 100 workers featuring a controversial form of fighting ;) . It works quite well but i wasn't able to test the database because my movesets are not complete yet. I am excited to see it's behaviour in action once it's finished.. Currently I have to workaround 2 problems: 1. There is no separate move category for taunts, which would be useful (Currently I use Charging Lower Body Strike, because I have no particular use for those) 2. The description text fields and the Play By Play text fields are too small, I sometimes require more space to explain a move or what is happening. Is there a way to extend the amount of characters in those text fields? (currently I have to cut away some important parts of the action) BTW: The Play By Play System is a good Idea, It proves to be very versatile, except for the Tag Team $T Thanx that's all for now..

You found the best way to do taunts already, simply use a normal move, set it to do no damage, and just give it a Wow factor with rush as the possible counter. Text, you're simply going to have to summarize, they're not doing any further additions for WreSpi at this point, best bet is to hold on for WreSpi 2 for more text space.

I see, @ D. Boon's Ghost I see what you mean. hmm, i am thinking of assigning all taunts to Impact and all Impacts to Lifting Impact because they are almost the same. The point is, i want taunts to be couterabele by with taunts, but i dont want to allow coutering an Impact move with a taunt. But lets see how much strikes i need per moveset, because the fighting style I have in mind is more based on submission holds. BTW: Renameable and customizable move categories would be a nice solution.

Yeah , carbonb -- the majority of taunts would best be left as Standing moves (imo), considering the available slots. Grounded taunts are ideal, as standing over a fallen wrestler and insulting his wife and haircut can not be beat - but the 10 Ground slots puts a damper on it; especially for a submission based wrestler. I may be wrong - but I believe the only counterable taunt in the DOTT mod is the 'No Sell Hell' (and the Hogan variant). Your proposed idea of countering taunts with other taunts poses a problem: it's impossible to create counters to specific moves. If you make a taunt as an Upper Body Strike and allow another taunt to counter that Upper Body Strike, you open the door for that counter taunt to be used against [I]all[/I] Upper Body Strikes. Good luck with it!

Exactly, that's why I reserved Charging Lower Body Strike for taunts only. And set to "can counter Charging Lower Body Strike", thats it. And to give someone the possibility to couter the taunts with punches and moves I also set my desired Upper Body Strikes and Standing Impacts to "can counter Charging Lower Body Strike".

Archived