I really like the contract negotiations

There does need to be a little more intelligence on the part of the workers, tho. If I offer $500 a month, and they want me to add travel expenses (estimated at $512 a show) to that, they should probably not be accepting an offer of $600 and no travel expenses. Unless they really think they'd accept an offer off $100 plus travel.

Well, I think that's just them being pushy and wanting to get more money, travel, and merch, they realize it's a ridiculous counter offer, but they'll get something extra out of it, and a hundred bucks isn't that bad, hell, right now I'd kill to make an extra hundred bucks for ten minutes of work.

infinity, I think it actually makes sense though. If you're in a bargaining position you'll ask for more than you think you'll get. That way, when it gets knocked down, it's still more than you would have been offered. That $100 may not seem like much, but if you have 5 shows a month (not sure if you do -- 4 shows/1 monthly event) then he's pretty much getting the $500 for travel. If you have less than that (or he's not used in all 5) then I think my original assumption still stands.

Scratch that comment then. Not sure why I was thinking it was per month (it would make sense if it was per show). Still though I think it's just a way of getting paid more than you would originally offer. (I will crawl back in my hole now)

Also depends on the worker the higher offer that cnacels out travel expenses only works when the worker responds without travel expenses this contract isn´t worth as much then at first glance. Some insist on it, same with creative control etc.

[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;470567]Also depends on the worker the higher offer that cnacels out travel expenses only works when the worker responds without travel expenses this contract isn´t worth as much then at first glance. Some insist on it, same with creative control etc.[/QUOTE] I have yet to have a worker insist on creative control. Which makes me a sad panda. :( Who have you had that has asked for it? Do they need Emerald Angel-level egos?

Archived