HOI and cooling off question....

i recently lost a national battle with SWF and fell from global to cult and now in a cooling off period. my question is: am i still considered a major promotion? is my world title considered for HOI qualifications? i forgot what the minimium was. didnt see it in the journal ect. and what was the length of the cooling off period again?

Top of my head 3 months and at the moment being cult and probably loosing a lot of prestige your belt is not HOI material. Your current champ is probably years away from retiring I assume so it is not a big problem. Its all in the help file if I remember correctly.

another side effect of this has been the networks want higher ratings.....my ratings are higher since being cult, than the previously when i was at global (changed booking strategy) but now after 9 months im getting ratings warnings....Huh? why did i not get warnings when i was global? now that i fell to cult, they are warning me despite higher ratings than previously earned? im lost :(

I think this is one of Adam's fixes to make the fall from Global or even International all that much bigger. The TV ratings are determined much more by the network and what you're going against (which usually isn't anything) than the show you put on. So, the networks can't look at the ratings you're getting to judge whether you're doing a good job. All they look at is that when you signed with them, you were at X level, and now you have fallen below that level. Thus, they aren't getting what they paid for and are pissed off. Yes, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's how the game does it. The cooling off period from falling is 6 months. It is 3 months when you jump up (to give you a chance to adjust to a National or Regional battle). Basically, you have to do everything you can to avoid falling from Global to Cult as it has an excellent chance of bankrupting you (losing all your shows and PPV deals and then losing every written worker since they're bigger than you now). When SWF went to Cult in my game, they quickly fell to like 8th in prestige and lost a ton of their top workers. I think Adam did it this way to make the game a whole lot tougher especially since it seems like 90% of the people only play WWE or SWF.

[QUOTE=smartman;471309]I think this is one of Adam's fixes to make the fall from Global or even International all that much bigger. The TV ratings are determined much more by the network and what you're going against (which usually isn't anything) than the show you put on. So, the networks can't look at the ratings you're getting to judge whether you're doing a good job. All they look at is that when you signed with them, you were at X level, and now you have fallen below that level. Thus, they aren't getting what they paid for and are pissed off. Yes, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's how the game does it. The cooling off period from falling is 6 months. It is 3 months when you jump up (to give you a chance to adjust to a National or Regional battle). Basically, you have to do everything you can to avoid falling from Global to Cult as it has an excellent chance of bankrupting you (losing all your shows and PPV deals and then losing every written worker since they're bigger than you now). When SWF went to Cult in my game, they quickly fell to like 8th in prestige and lost a ton of their top workers. I think Adam did it this way to make the game a whole lot tougher especially since it seems like 90% of the people only play WWE or SWF.[/QUOTE] that means ive started the process of killing my beloved TCW.....:( 6months cant get here fast enough. assuming i can even get back above cult. im still rated 3rd overall.

Nah you haven´t killed em at all in 6 monhs time not all your contracts wil have expired so yeah you wil loose some workers but not all and you are still influentiual enouigh to get adequete replacements. The ratings do still matter irrespective of an increase or decrease of size of the promotion. Keeping a t.v show is two fold 1. Pull in good enough ratings for the size you are at when we signed you 2. Remain at least a size that we as a network can accept. For instance if your only tv show is on a very small network in the US and you drop from global to cult they won´t mind much as you are still big enough for them. If you remian global but people aren´t watching your tv show enough then a network can drop you. Frachise get a new TV deal asap and focus on the USA, also look on what caused your drop to cult. Is it Hawaii and Puerto Rico going below E+ importance then it is because you forgot to visit them (run house show´s there), is it not enough C+ importance? Go for bigger main events on your t.v show or run non ppv/tv events in that region if you are confartable enough that you can pul of at least a B. Good luck and God speed fellow TCWer.

Archived