1983 - The Tag Tournament

Later on this summer, assuming I actually manage to finish the singles tournament after that slight break, I'm planning on running a 16 team tourney using DOTT. So... any requests for which teams should be in?

Abdullah and The Shiek Double A and Blanchard Any pairing of Mando, Chavo and Hector Guerrero Leo Burke and Stephen Petitpas Miracle Violence Connection Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody British Bulldogs Man there were tooooo many awesome teams, I'd say Inoki and Fujinami....but may be to tough of a team.

My picks... * [B]Stan Hansen & Ole Anderson[/B] (the styles of these two meshed better than Hansen & Brody, imho) * [B]Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler' Stevens[/B] * [B]Tully Blanchard & Gino Hernandez[/B] (the original Dynamic Duo was one of the better teams I've seen) * [B]The North-South Connection[/B] (Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch; a top 5 team in my eyes) * [B]Masked Superstar & Super Destroyer (Scott Irwin)[/B] Alternates: [B]The East-West Connection[/B] (Adrian Adonis & Jesse Ventura) [B]The Texas Outlaws[/B] (Dick Murdoch and a heel Dusty Rhodes) [B]The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Ole & Gene Anderson) [/B] [B]The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Ole & Arn Anderson)[/B] [B]Ray Stevens & Pat Patterson[/B] Fantasy Teams (those I always wished would have teamed together): [B]The Spoiler & Masked Superstar[/B] (Jardine & Eadie were two of the greatest masked men I've seen) [B]The Great Kabuki & The Original Kendo Nagasaki[/B] (you either get green misted, or hypnotized into thinking you are Robbie Brookside; either way it spells doom - heh) [B]The Sheik & Bruiser Brody[/B] (carnage city)

Okay... how does this sound for a line-up? British Bulldogs Chavo and Hector Guerrero Sheik and Abby Masked Superstar & Super Destroyer Tully Blanchard & Gino Hernandez The North-South Connection Road Warriors Fabulous Freebirds Midnight Express Mega Powers 'Fantasy' teams: The Great Kabuki & The Original Kendo Nagasaki Jake Roberts and Arn Anderson Ric Flair and Robbie Brookside (I HAVE to get Robbie in there somewhere...) 3 spaces left, any preferences? Have tried to use a few from everyone who's already posted, thanks guys. Probably looking for 2 more 'real' teams and maybe one other fantasy team.

The Mulkey Brothers! :D I personally don't like the Flair & Brookside team, as it seems like an alien pairing to these stupid yank eyes. :) I would suggest Flair & Greg Valentine, as the Hammer is one of the few guys that regularly teamed with the Nature Boy. Plus, they were a darned cool pairing. Brookside is much tougher, though. Maybe tie in the British thing by teaming Brookside with... Marc freaking Rocco!! :) Not sure if they ever teamed together; the suggestion might be classified 'fantasy'. For the last choice - and considering you've got the Midnights... what about the Rock & Roll Express? Morton & Gibson might not stand much of a chance, but they would give the girls something to screech about. :D Regardless, your list is looking fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback, Boon! How's this look for a line-up? Fantasy teams in italics. Road Warriors vs [I]Johnny Saint and Robbie Brookside[/I] Sheik and Abby vs Flair and Valentine The North-South Connection vs [I]Jake Roberts and Arn Anderson[/I] Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes and Gordy) vs Mega Powers Masked Superstar & Super Destroyer vs [I]The Great Kabuki & The Original Kendo Nagasaki[/I] Midnight Express vs Rock ‘n’ Roll Express Tully Blanchard & Gino Hernandez vs [I]Big Daddy and Andre the Giant[/I] British Bulldogs vs Chavo and Hector Guerrero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
[QUOTE=Jaded;482189]Am aiming to start this in the next couple of days, after first finishing the other one[/QUOTE] Yeah. 'Couple of days' was six months or so out... sorry! Anyway, here we go. [U]Road Warriors vs Johnny Saint and Robbie Brookside[/U] Saint and Animal start things off, and Johnny has this one under control until Hawk manages to tag in. With the fresh Road Warrior to deal with, Saint also tags in his partner, who looks shocked as many of his blows don’t faze the powerful man at all. Leaping fistdrop and super atomic drop have got the young Brit in serious trouble. Running elbow smash puts him down, then a hangman’s neck breaker is followed by the pin attempt… but Robbie makes the sensational kick out at two and a half! Animal has regained his breath now though, and tags in, quickly lifting Brookside up for the Doomsday Device – but Robbie manages to slide down his back and nail him with some quick jabs. Several drop kicks follow, but the Road Warrior is continually staying between Brookside and his corner, and eventually lifts up Robbie… and press slams him to the floor! Hawk can’t believe it, as the referee calls for the bell… the winners of this bout, as a result of a disqualification… Johnny Saint and Robbie Brookside!

[U]Sheik and Abby vs Flair and Valentine[/U] The Sheik and the Nature Boy start this off, and the Sheik is quickly down to his cheating ways, gouging Flair’s eye before unleashing a pencil and digging it into the Nature Boy’s skin. Ric tags to the Hammer as soon as he can, and Valentine has some success until the Sheik drops him with a gutwrench suplex then tags in Abby, who stabs Greg in the arm with a pencil. Two jabs to the throat follow, and Abby is clearly in control, but stops as he seems to be receiving some messages from the voices inside his head, allowing a thankful Valentine to make the much needed tag. Abdullah also tags out, and we’re now close to the half hour mark without anyone looking too much like they’re going to be finished any time soon. Flair drives the Sheik into the corner, unleashes a series of chops, and tries to choke him with the tag rope, only for the Sheik to break out. Throat thrust and a headbutt follow, but Ric staggers towards his corner and tags out before doing the Flair Flop. Abdullah quickly uses the fork on Valentine several times, before biting his leg when he goes down. Abdullah receives some more messages, which seem to tell him to use the fork several more times, then gouge Greg’s eye. Another bite is followed by the wind-up forearm drop, but it misses, and the Hammer is up, wailing away on the Butcher with punches and forearms then slamming Abby’s head into the ground before hitting a wind-up forearm of his own. Another fork attack gets Abby back in control, though, followed by a stomach breaker… then the Sudanese Meat Cleaver! Abby makes the academic cover as the Sheik blocks Flair from saving. F rating.

Archived