Actually almost all of the personal stats if they are far enough to the negative or a mix of these. So antisocial, ruthless, manipulative, egotistical, and selfish. The other´s I think have other influences. Here is what I think they do: Loyal vs Mercenary is loyalty too your company, Driven vs Hesitant is about push levels and accepting losses. Dependable vs Flaky I guess is linked to consistancy in behaviour and performance. Optimistic vs Pesemistic not sure about the influence. I think they are explained to some extent in the helpfiles too

There is no ONE thing that makes a worker act a certain way, this is part of the personality pluss. They are all considered for different things. HERE: From the Dev's Journal (wish it would stay stickied). [QUOTE]#1: Personality Plus In TEW07, a character's behaviour was defined by a combination of Personality and Attitude. This has been significantly upgraded to become the new Personality Plus feature. Instead of two static categories, every single character in TEW08 has their own Personality, which takes the form of a modified version of a neural network. This network consists of ten traits, each defined as a scale moving from one extreme to another. These ten traits are: Humble - Egotistical Generous - Selfish Compassionate - Ruthless Optimistic - Pessimistic Naive - Manipulative Dependable - Flaky Social - Antisocial Loyal - Mercenary Timid - Bold Hesitant - Driven In each case, the trait is defined by a sliding bar - the closer it is to one end of the scale, the more extreme the character's bias. For example, if a character's Humble-Egotistical bar is set almost entirely to the left hand side, he will be virtually entirely without ego. Setting it near the middle would result in a well-balanced character who is neither lacking in self-esteem nor an egotistical jerk. [B][U]In any situation where a character must "think" - which can be anything from considering a contract offer to deciding whether to form a relationship, from demanding a better push to how upset he has to be to walk out on a promotion - his (or her) Personality is consulted and his response based upon his network as a whole (this is a key point; their response is never based on just one trait, meaning that you never get one-dimensional responses). [/U][/B] The important factor is that, like any neural network, this personality can evolve over time. Pushing a young worker to the moon may result in what was once a sweet kid developing a monsterous ego. Blasting a free spirited worker with a huge fine because he was late may help him straighten out into being a more dependable figure (or may just push him towards becoming a more anti-authority figure). For this reason, dealing with character's becomes more like dealing with a real person - with all their quirks and personality - and less about getting the same response each time. The TEW08 editor comes equipped with many "personality templates" that allow you to quickly assign a certain type of personality to a character, taking out the hassle of having to define a personality each time. All the traits are described in more detail in the help file.[/QUOTE] I bolded/underlined the most important part I thought for this discussion. The traits do what you think they would do, a high ego will not allow you to "Job" him, or try his best not to. However, a Selfish person might not like it either, even if they are the only people that should be jobbed to. Or a Ruthless person might like to fight backstage, or an Optimistic person might not care if he's jobbed, thinking his time will come. Flaky and Dependable I would think mattered moreso on their dependability as a worker, meaning will they be on time, show up, etc. Antisocial might never form a relationship, where someone very social might develop several. The biggest point is, that not any ONE stat makes the total decision. A Loyal person might not stay that way if he has a high ego, and you keep jobbing him out. Or a Mercenary might feel a bit of loyalty to you after you have pushed them to the moon, and built their popularity up (and of course, paying them well). However, not just one stat is dependant on what they do. A dependable mercenary might be better for you then a loyal flake. Use common sense as to what the trait does, and check out the "Templates" for idea's of where they should be for certain worker types. Party Animal, Grizzled veteran, Class Act, etc.

Archived