XDW-2, a Cornellverse addon.

Well, seeing as there have been numerous mentions of creating a "Backyard" style fed on the general board, I figured I'd create a small addon that will slot neatly into the Cornellverse. My addon for WMMA was fairly well received, so I'm hoping this will be too. This will bring 13 new workers into the game - yes, this is nothing big or exciting - but it gives you a new direction and a new point to start from if you so desire. Some of them might even have potential ;) This will be called the XDW-2 Addon, after the original "Quest" from XDW. --- 06/08/2008 - First release issued for testing. Alright, it's all looking good. This mod adds a new promotion and 13 new figures to the world. They are poorly done graphics wise; that is because I cannot render. If anyone wants to help with rendering please let me know. You can now download the first release of this mod at: [url]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/Backyarder.rar[/url] (I have virus checked it yet please double check it when you've downloaded it). There are two ways to install this mod: Method 1: i. Open up TEW2008 ii. Click Editor iii. Click create database. iv. Name it "Backyarder" (this is important). v. Unrar the file - you will have a "Data" and a "Pictures" folder. Just drag those straight into your core TEW2008 folder - select "Yes" to overwrite if prompted but bear in mind it will not overwrite anything integral or important to your current games at all. vi. Start a new game and the promotion will show up. Method 2: i. Open up TEW2008 ii. Follow the above steps to step 5. iii. Load your TEW2008 savegame. iv. Go to "Game Options" v. Go to "Import Record" vi. Find and import the XDW-2 Promotion, and these workers: John Hicks Art Trance Viper Great Plain Jeb Pascal Lowland Feathers McGraw Appalachia Filesharing Bob FLOK Al Kohol The Black Bandit Unfortunately, the contracts tying the XDW originals cannot be imported so you'll have to sign them yourselves. - Please let me know what you think of it - during testing there was some improvement in their skills but it boils down to the fact that they mostly suck and are rubbish backyard wrestlers - which is officially "Working as intended" :D

Currently simming for a year with the promotion in the C-Verse. All is looking good so far, we should be on for a first release in a few hours. Their stats don't look too high, and some are downright prohibitive for putting on good matches - which is what I wanted. My only concern is that popularity for the workers may be a bit too high but that is what user feedback is for. Let's see if they go out of business...

Archived