DOTM: Hall of Records

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[COLOR="White"]You shall ignore this post. :D I am using it as a ship yard to launch/build my version of the Dairy of the year awards. comments are welcomed and appreciated as this is the one lay out I am least confident of. the third row is option two, do the colors work? or does the top of the table look better?[/COLOR] nothing here to see move along :)

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;487237]with that brick colored background, I can't even read what is in the boxes.[/QUOTE] um is the brick in all the boxes? if so try a browser refresh, the boxes with text should have and off white back ground, and the bottom row should have silver, gold, and bronze (or approximations of those colors anyway)

[QUOTE=mistaken;487243]um is the brick in all the boxes? if so try a browser refresh, the boxes with text should have and off white back ground, and the bottom row should have silver, gold, and bronze (or approximations of those colors anyway)[/QUOTE] Nope still shows up as brick background in all boxes.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;487312]Nope still shows up as brick background in all boxes.[/QUOTE] Ok, so new challenge, IE 6 (don't know about IE 7) seems to do the tables in post 1 close to right, but is severely messing up the table. above. before i go any farther i will see if I can find a solution. but trust me, Dragonmack it looks much better in Firefox :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;487794]FYI, It's Tigerkinney not tigerkenny. Just saying before the tiger one him self chimes in. ;)[/QUOTE] that's what i get for cut and pasting out of Keefmoons post, and then having to retype it, because it was all in caps. teach me no to be so lazy next time :) can you see the new test set up with the simple red back ground?

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;487828]I can see the boxes and text in post 50 clearly and it looks good. The brick background in post 52 still obscures the text boxes.[/QUOTE] Take a look at post 50 and tell me what you see. :cool: (I can't believe what the problem was, and I'm gald i found a way to keep the sections headers wider than the first place cell!)

[QUOTE=mistaken;487845]Take a look at post 50 and tell me what you see. :cool: (I can't believe what the problem was, and I'm gald i found a way to keep the sections headers wider than the first place cell!)[/QUOTE] The text boxes are still nice and clear and the red background areas have been replaced with the brick color without overlapping the other text boxes. Looks Good!

[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;487855]50 works now 52 is still bad[/QUOTE] yes, 52 will be deleted here at some point and be replaced with the code from 50 (returning that post to it's pristine condition). then at some point i will finish it, and the whole kit and kaboodle will move to post #2. and 52 will either get deleted or have some pithy comment put in to it.

Post 2 now has the completed 2007 Annual awards posted up. give me a week or 2 and i will finish up and post the 2006 awards as well, they are going to take substantial more work as they do not already have the links provided. (even primes broken links only took a few seconds each to fix, not a minute or two each of looking up the thread. if you find any typos or formatting errors just let me know and i shall get them corrected. hope you all enjoy the hard work :)

the 2006 awards are now in a table, in post 52. I will begin to try and track down links and authors, so that the 2006 awards are as complete as the 2007 awards, and in a similar lay out. do you think the 2006 awards deserve their own color? i have a nice black marble back ground, that would set the 06 awards table apart for the 07 awards once they are moved into the same post. thanks for you patience as i finish this up. Mistaken

Another thing I think might be cool to add to this little project. It would take some work, both on my part and on the part of a couple or more volunteers. a list of (not really a ranking but with some loose order) of good reference diarys. kinda of in the vein of the Diary writers tips. categories of Diary's, so a list of Babes of Sin City, MoSC, TCW, USPW... so you could say hey i want to run an new MAW game, oh here is some great Ideas, i never though of MAW like that. as well as WCW, WWE... for the real world you would want if available the MOD used, the time period, ect. Just a thought, wondering if anyone would be interested 1) such a list 2) helping create it

Terrible idea - my rotten early efforts hoisted up for all to see? Terrible idea... :p The big problem I see with this is the difficulty in keeping it updated. Diaries come and go - you have about six pages of diaries with <10 posts in them, just in this section. There could be scope for including diaries once they get past a certain point (30 posts? 50 posts?), and of course something like John Awesome Does BOSC or whatever it's called wouldn't be automatically banned - it was awesome, after all - just not automaically included. Of course, some companies are oversubscribed (I think there's been about 5 MAW diaries just since '08 launched) so you might end up with 20 TCW diaries (and as for the WWE ones...). And of course there are the original feds like Scapino's MWA. One category? Individual sections? Even so, it's an interesting idea, and could certainly help people - the only problem might be people unconsciously drawing on their favourite diaries and you end up with a clone - or a greatest hits diary... But that could happen anyway (and I'm hardly one to speak about, uh, [I]homaging[/I] certain writers works...)

[QUOTE=James Casey;490458]Terrible idea - my rotten early efforts hoisted up for all to see? Terrible idea... :p The big problem I see with this is the difficulty in keeping it updated. Diaries come and go - you have about six pages of diaries with <10 posts in them, just in this section. There could be scope for including diaries once they get past a certain point (30 posts? 50 posts?), and of course something like John Awesome Does BOSC or whatever it's called wouldn't be automatically banned - it was awesome, after all - just not automaically included. Of course, some companies are oversubscribed (I think there's been about 5 MAW diaries just since '08 launched) so you might end up with 20 TCW diaries (and as for the WWE ones...). And of course there are the original feds like Scapino's MWA. One category? Individual sections? Even so, it's an interesting idea, and could certainly help people - the only problem might be people unconsciously drawing on their favorite diaries and you end up with a clone - or a greatest hits diary... But that could happen anyway (and I'm hardly one to speak about, uh, [I]homaging[/I] certain writers works...)[/QUOTE] it certainly would not be every diary ever written, length would be a key point, as well as variety. I mean you might need 12 shows & quality to make it in a WWE or WCW, you might need only one if you are Panix sci-fi diary. all something The workers would have to decide before hand to provide a unified frame work to such a project. definitely some great points of consideration raise!

Archived