I've been playing APW for 16 months, I'm at Regional, and the highest momentum any of my active wrestlers has is C- with the majority in the D range and a few in E. My experience has been that a worker's momentum usually doesn't stray too far from the segment rating, so the best way to get an A or B momentum is to stay involved in A and B rated segments, something that's not easy to do when you're a Small or Regional company. But I popped on over to MAW in my game and noticed that after 16 months of play, Findlay O'Farraday has B momentum. He's worked exclusively for MAW during that time with a win-loss record of 7 and 9. His highest rated match was a D-. My question is: With such low rated matches and more losses than wins, how is the computer able to keep Findlay's momentum at B? Is this a case of the rules not applying equally for computer and human players? Or is there a similar trick that a human player can do? With 7 wins and 9 losses all in that D- to E range, could the B momentum be achieved by having Findlay Dominate in all those matches?

If that B momentum was before you did anything then I think it has to do with a real player taking over from AI. Or he started at A+ and having so few matches has not hurt him that mutch. Or the AI has given him a gimmick change and or turn which can instantly increas emomentum irrespective of segment quality. If none of these apply then it seems the AI has one better on us again and I don't think the dominate note will have made much of a diverence.

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe it is a function of successful gimmick and turn, or maybe he did start with A*. Or a combination of the two. I'm not sure how to check. It's not from me taking over the fed because I haven't done so--I'm still running APW, but while browsing the workers in the MAW roster for a potential talent trade, I noticed how much momentum Findlay has on his side.

[QUOTE=Sons of Kohral;476314]I stared a small fed and hired Jack Griffith. His initial momentum started at D. I made him my champion, put him in a decent C- rated storyline and his momentum is B-! The first time that's ever happened to me, before this, I'd have agreed with you, but this disproves it.[/QUOTE] Ah, that's good to know, thanks. Maybe it's just a function of a decent storyline, a little push and some destiny all working together.

Archived