A Maniac And A Scarface - The UCR Story

[SIZE=1]This is a fictional history based on the game Total Extreme Wrestling and should not be miscontrued as actual wrestling news, information, rumors, or results since it is based on the completely fictional world know as the "CornellVerse".[/SIZE] [center][b][size=5]Johannes "pol|K" Knieling presents[/size] [img]http://www.fuxfell.de/pic/ucr.jpg[/img] [SIZE=7]A Maniac And A Scarface[/SIZE] [size=5]The UCR Story[/size][/b][/center] [size=5]Preface[/size] With the demo out, there are already some diaries out there, so I decided to join the fun. After the first hours of testing the game, I decided that Ultimate Combat Ring was the promotion to play as. Why? Most important, I'm from Germany and UCR is the only promotion in mainland Europe, so it's a natural match. Second, having tag team like the Evil Henchmen and Kosher Nostra is just Ryland naming at its best. ;) Third, it is the only location where Aud D'Hoffryn is available (if you don't edit the database). :D The concept for this diary is simple: I don't have one. I will just play the game and write this diary as I see it fit and watch where it will be going. Hopefully, it lasts for a long time. But the point of writing a diary is not about my wanting and doing, but about you enjoying. I indeed hope you do enjoy reading this. Don't hesitate to give feedback and constrcutive criticism. Have fun! [size=5]Table of contents[/size] [url=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39062&postcount=1]This post: Introduction[/url] [url=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39062&postcount=3]Post #3: Backstory[/url] [url=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39062&postcount=4]Post #4: The UCR Roster[/url] [url=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39062&postcount=5]Post #5: UCR Title Histories[/url] [url=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39172&postcount=6]Post #6: First Steps[/url] -to be continued- [size=5]Game setup[/size] The game uses the "Default" CornellVerse database with an Alter Ego edited in and the Demo of TEW 2005. Hopefully, I will have purchased the game until I reach the end of December 2005 so that there will be no time off. As soon as I have a licensed full version, the game will be switched to it, so it can go on past the first month. The promotion of choice is the UCR, obviously. The player character starts with the "Lowest" reputation and will have to climb up the ranks. [size=5]Ultimate Combat Ring - UCR[/size] Size: Cult Location: Western Europe Money: $25,000 Owner: Louis Figo Manico Head Booker: Johannes Knieling Style: Family Friendly Popularity: C+ in Western Europe, C in Central and Eastern Europe, F in the rest of the World Top Stars: Louis Figo Manico, Sergei Kalashnov, Byron, Captain Hero, Scheming Behemot Champions: Sergei Kalashnov (UCR World Combat), Joey Beauchamp (UCR European), Geena The Warrior Princess (UCR Female), Double Dutch: Ruud Van Anger & Frank De Pain (UCR Tag Team) Media: "UCR International Wrestling Superstars", Wednesdays 7:00 on Continental Sports X1 (1h 30min long, tapings on Fridays) [size=5]My Alter Ego[/size] Name: Scarface Gender: Male Born: October 1982 Nationality: European Based In: Europe Available In: Europe, UK Personal Data: Active Wrestler, Regular Wrestler, Middleweight, Free Spirit, Professional, prefers Tradition Favorite Position: usually Manager, sometimes Announcer, rarely Wrestler Language Skills: fluent German, fluent English, basic Spanish, basic French Skills: Technical F, Rumble F, Flying F, Entertainment B, Performance D, Physical E Popularity: F everywhere (actually: 5% in Western and Central Europe and 0% everywhere else) [size=5]Starting Environment[/size] Economy: C+ (Falling) Wrestling Industry: C+ (Falling)

[size=5]Backstory[/size] [b]Welcome To My World[/b] Hi there, please let me introduce myself. My name is Johannes Knieling and I'm a wrestling fan. This is not the obvious statement it seems to be. Growing up in Europe, wrestling was nothing more than "two men pounding on each other and the Americans go nuts for it for no obvious reason" to most of my peers. But not to all of them. A friend of mine convinced me to watch a SWF show on TV when I was nine or ten years old. I immediately lost my heart to wrestling. Growing older, I also discovered that there was more to wrestling than SWF. I saw HGC, MOSC, BHOTWG and many more, not to mention the countless indy show in Germany, Austria and Switzerland I travelled to once I got my first own car. And of course, I followed UCR after they opened shop in 1998. Whenever they were in a place that wasn't out of my usual travelling distance, I was there. I have no problem admitting that I'm a wrestling addict. I also learned to love the computer game genre known as wrestling simulators. I loved Adam Ryland's "Extreme Warfare" series, but hated his commercial project "Total Extreme Wrestling". For copyright reasons, it had no real life data, but some ficitonal world called the "JarrettVerse". It was awful. World Wrestling Entertainment and the McMahon family? Blatant rip-offs of SWF and the Eisens. The Hart clan? Well, let's all hope that the Stones don't follow the path their fictional counterparts have taken. A year 365 days long and every fourth year is 366 days? What did the guy smoke? Fortunately, there were some people out there that made real life updates for the game, but I digress. My dedication for wrestling did not stop when I went to University. To be honest, I would always prefer a wrestling show over a History lecture. But even with my questionable efforts, I was offered to spend a year at a university abroad. There was a wide choice of many interesting places, including Hungary, England, Canada... But once I saw the list, there was only one place for me to go: Barcelona. Not because I loved the city. Not because of the weather - I prefer cold, wet climates. Not because of the university's reputation. The sole reason for my choice that UCR headquarters were located there and that they ran many shows in the region. You might have already guessed that I did not make much studying in that year. I drove around the country, following the UCR to countless shows. My dedication became noticed by the officials and even was mentioned a couple of times on TV. I was some sort of mascot for them. Until one night, only a couple of weeks before I was scheduled to leave Spain again, my live changed forever. [b]The Night That Changed My Life[/b] As I already said, my dedication to the UCR was noticed by the officials. But I haven't told you that I also was a fanatic for Vera Grimm, a fellow German, wrestling under the name "Alpha Female". Also, I was easy to recognize since my face was scarred by a skin disease when I was a kid. All this rolled together became the reasons for the turn my life took in fall 2005. One night, I had visited a house show in Gerone, about 70 kilometeres away from Barcelona. I was one of the last people to leave the arena as I waited for Geena The Warrior Princess to sign a photograph I had taken after she had just won the UCR Female Championship a couple of weeks earlier. When I finally got the autograph and was set to leave, one of the security guards came to me and told me that someone wanted to speak to me. Hoping that I would be able to exchange some words with Alpha Female, I followed him to a door in the backstage area. He opened it, I stepped through it and then my jaw dropped down. Sitting behind a makeshift desk was Louis Figo Manico, the owner and star wrestler of UCR, wearing a bathrobe, having his wet hair combed back. He told me to have a seat in Spanish. Once I had come over the initial shock and had closed my mouth, I did as I was told. Figo then started to talk in Spanish, very quickly and too hard for me to follow as my Spanish was merely basic. He apologized and then told me in English that he wanted me to visit the upcoming TV tapings with a backstage pass and a front-row seat. If I was ready to take part in an angle and take a bump. Of course I was. It was a dream coming true. So, on an evening in late October 2005, I was sitting in the front row as halfway through the card, a UCR Femal title match between Alpha Female and the championesse Geena The Warrior Princess took place. I rooted for the heel Alpha Female louder than ever and was a little bit nervous whenever the cameras focussed on me. But it was fun. Then Geena threw my woman out of the ring and she landed right in front of me. I patted her on the back, gave her some pep talk and - with the referee's back turned - handed her brass knuckles. Minutes later, she had floored Geena thanks to the knucks, pinned her and won the championship. She came over to me to celebrate the victory. Geena then jumped her and chased her away, but I wasn't so lucky when she found out what had happened. She dragged me over the guarding rail, pulled me into the ring and delivered a Bodyslam to me. She then got into my face some more. This could have been it. My fifteen minutes of fame. But someone, most probably Louis Figo Manico himself, saw potential in the situation or even in me. So he decided that I should appear on the next taping for another angle where Alpha Female would avenge her #1 supporter. And then another week and another and suddenly, I was a regular on the UCR roster as Alpha Female's sidekick. [b]An Even Bigger Role[/b] I was having fun. I had become a part of what I loved and it welcomed me with open arms. The locker room was very nice to me and I tried to be as nice as I could be. Also, I wanted to contribute more to the product than my mere presence. First, I gave some ideas for my angles, but soon I would have ideas for the shows. The boss appreciated them and so did everyone else. "You know", he told me, "as long as all booking duties are resting on my shoulders alone, I'm having some serious problems. So I really appreciate your ideas. Whenever you have one, tell me about it." Suddenly, I was not only a fan who stumbled into becoming an on-screen manager, but I also was an assistant booker to the owner of UCR, Louis Figo Manico. Can it get any better? Only time will tell.

[size=5]The UCR Roster[/size] as of Monday, Week 1, December 2005 [b]Main Eventers[/b] Byron (Heel, Teen Idol) Inky The Squid Boy (Face, Comic Book Hero) Louis Figo Manico (Face, Old School Heel) Scheming Behemot (Heel, Demon) Sergei Kalashnov (Face, Dude) - UCR World Combat Champion UK Dragon (Face, Mysterious) [b]Upper Midcarders[/b] Bigger Dan Ewe (Heel, Monster) Captain Hero (Face, Comic Book Hero) Doctor Insane (Heel, Weirdo) Herschel The Hammer (Heel, Bully) Puffy The Sand Iron Player (Heel, Frustrated Golfer) [b]Midcarders[/b] Abraham Slam (Heel, Bully) Anna Ki (Face, Tomboy) Bully Benrubi (Heel, Bully) Jake Panic (Heel, Psycho) Jed High (Face, Sci-Fi Geek) Joey Beauchamp (Heel, "Male Poultry-y" Youth) - UCR European Champion Mr. Evilness (Heel, Evil Doer) The Big Bad (Heel, Monster) Toby Juan Kanobi (Face, Sci-Fi Geek) White Knight (Face, Knight) Wonder Boy (Face, Comic Book Hero) [b]Lower Midcarders[/b] Alpha Female (Heel, Old School Heel) Dark Falcon (Heel, Comic Book Villain) Frank De Pain (Face, Underdog) - UCR Tag Team Champion Geena The Warrior Princess (Face, Amazonian) - UCR Female Champion Herman The German (Heel, Ice Man) Kirk The Turk (Heel, Machine) Ruud Van Anger (Face, Underdog) - UCR Tag Team Champion Speedy Marie (Heel, Egomaniac) Super Falcon (Face, Comic Book Hero) [b]Openers[/b] Cannonball Logan (Face, Fun Babyface) Evil Henchman #1 (Heel, Lackey) Evil Henchman #2 (Heel, Lackey) Ian Vincible (Face, Underdog) Jeri Behr (Face, Old School Face) Miss Information (Heel, Secretary) [b]Enhanchement Talent[/b] - [b]Semi-Active Wrestlers[/b] - [b]Managers[/b] Mister Blister (Heel, Monster) Scarface (Heel, Obsessive Fan) - managing Alpha Female Stetson Hatt (Heel, Cowboy) The Princess (Face, Sci-Fi Geek) - managing Jed High and Toby Juan Kanobi [b]Annpuncers[/b] Salty Larry [b]Colour Commentators[/b] - [b]Referees[/b] Gary Garrett Patrick Garrett [b]Authority Figures[/b] - [b]Road Agents[/b] - [b]Backstage Workers[/b] - [b]Tag Teams[/b] Double Dutch: Ruud Van Anger & Frank De Pain The Evil Henchmen: Evil Hechman #1 & Evil Henchman #2 The Force: Toby Juan Kanobi & Jed High The Kosher Nostra: Bully Benrubi & Abraham Slam The United Nations: Herman The German & Kirk The Turk The Youth Bandits: Ian Vincible & Cannonball Logan [b]Stables[/b] The Kosher Nostra: Abraham Slam, Bully Benrubi, Herschel The Hammer The Rogue Gallery: Dark Falcon, Doctor Insane, Evil Hechman #1, Evil Henchman #2, Mr. Evilness, The Big Bad, Scheming Behemot The Super Crew: Captain Hero, Super Falcon, White Knight, Wonder Boy

[size=5]UCR Title Histories[/size] as of Monday, Week 1, December 2005 updated regularly [b]UCR World Combat Championship[/b] Main Event Title, Type: Normal Unknown-Today: Sergei Kalashnov [b]UCR European Championship[/b] Midcard Title, Type: Youngsters Unknown-Today: Joey Beauchamp (2) [b]UCR Tag Team Championship[/b] Low Level Title, Type: Normal Unknown-Today: Double Dutch [b]UCR Female Championship[/b] Low Level Title, Type: Normal Unknown-Today: Geena The Warrior Princess (3)

[size=5]First Steps[/size] The first day of December should become a special day in the history of UCR since it was the day that the duo of Louis Figo Manico and little ol' me decided to make some changes in the company. The week before, Louis had informed the workers that the TV tapings would now be held on Mondays to avoid confusions and spoilers when taping a show that airs on Wednesdays on Fridays and a big show was held on the weekend. He also called for a big meeting at the upcoming tapings, so it was no surprise that the locker rooms were buzzing that day. The wrestlers gathered on the arena floor while Louis and I were standing in the ring, going through the issues we wanted to address. Finally, Louis turned to the guys and girls waiting anxiously and began to speak: "Well, business hasn't been friendly, actually and we need to make some changes. Right now, nobody has to fear that their paychecks will bounce or something like that, but I want you to do your best so that we won't come into such a situation. As you know, the TV tapings have been rescheduled to avoid spoilering our events on weekends. Also, I want you to know that Scarface here is now officially a booker and when he tells one of you to do something on screen, you have to as he and I work closely together and you can cosider his bookings to be mine, understand?" The workers mumbled, but seemed to be OK with the idea of a newcomer taking over a good part of the booking. "Another issue over the past weeks was the pushes. I know some people were unhappy about their roles, so we decided that we would respect your wishes. For example, Dragon and Inky, you have told me that you don't feel like you were ready for the Main Event and so you won't do them anymore. Instead, guys like the Doctor and the Knight will take your spots. Let me remind you that none of these changes will affect your paychecks as our agreements are clearly seperated from any creative issues, understand?" Some workers nodded, others didn't care. "Well, there is one person that will not pushed into a position they desired as we decided to take you off TV, Jake." "What? Why do you do that? Haven't I been a good draw so far?" yelled a furious Jake Panic. I decided to defend this decision, as I was responsible for it: "Listen, Jake. You work your part, but we don't feel like your hardcore style is well fitted for our family friendly shows. Instead, we want you to do some work as a Road Agent backstage until we signed some full-time agent and have come up with a new on-screen role for you." Jake grunted and thought about what I said for a moment before responding: "OK, I'll do it, but I won't settle with it, rest assured." "You won't have to, Jake", I said, "Actually, we already contacted some people and will have negotiations with them later this week. And you won't work all alone. While you will be in charge as you will be completely off-screen, Sergei and the Doctor will help you with your duties." "Speaking of Sergei", Louis said, "what do you think about your title run so far, champ?" Sergei didn't have to think long about his answer: "It's catastrophic. Nobody is buying me as a champion. I'm sorry, but that's how I see it." Silence. The champ had just declared himself a failure. I broke the akward silence by saying: "We are aware of that and I'm happy that you know it yourself. But don't think it's your fault that your title reign doesn't connect with the fans. We are trying to make the best of it, but maybe you'll have to drop the title somewhere down the line." "I'm okay with that", he responded. "I hope Joey has the same attitude", I said, looking at the European Champion Joey Beauchamp. He looked at me, surprised, and responded: "I'm a professional. If you want me to drop my belt, I'll do it." "And don't forget to put the strap back on Alpha Female, fanboy!" Bigger Dan Ewe's voice sounded through the empty arena. Everybody turned their head towards the big man who had been standing silently in the back of the pack, but now had a big grin on his face. Some people began to laugh, including myself. Dan had some humor in him, you couldn't tell from his outside. "Any other suggestions?" I asked jokingly. Now, after that comedic relief, everybody seemed to be happy and no further complaints. "Well, that completes this meeting", Louis announced, "just get ready for the tapings." The boys would retreat to their locker rooms, plan their matched and rehearse their angles. Everything was ready to go.

Well, I don't have the full version yet as I finally was able to move into our new house last week. There's still some things to do, but I hope that I'll be able to start with actually playing and writing this week.

Archived