NWA: Georgia CHampionship Wrestling...Territorial Resurgence!

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER]The story begins back in April 2008... Shawn Michaels just defeated Ric Flair in a retirement match ending the in-ring career of the Nature Boy..... It was a ceremonial weekend for the Nature Boy with his Hall of Fame inuction, The Wrestlemania match with Michaels and the Monday Night Raw tribute... It would lead to a new Ric Flair DVD produced by the WWE... A legends contract, perhaps some announcing or GM on camera role, tributes on WWE 24/7...Vince McMahon would roll out the Red Carpet for the Nature Boy... But what would occur would be the biggest swerve in recent wrestling times... [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ricflair.jpg[/IMG] [B]Ric Flair[/B] would begin laying the ground work for a return to wrestling, however not in the roll Vince McMahon had envisioned...It would be in the roll as competition to the monopolistic WWE... Ric Flair the self admitted "Dirtiest Player in the Game" has started to search for finacial backing, he has made use of his many contacts in the sport, in entertainment to back his venture of recreating the past and initiating a resurgence to the territorial days of professional wrestling... Starting small, The Nature Boy has decided to focus on two regions....The [B]Mid Atlantic[/B] region, which will be based out of Ri'c Hometown of Charlotte, NC and [B]Georgia Wrestling[/B], based out of Atlanta, GA.... While Vince McMahon began building a post retirement career for the Nature Boy...Ric Flair had admitte his desire to teach, to coach, to help a younger generation of Wrestlers...Flair with the assistance of longtime allies and WWE employees [B]Arn Anderson[/B] and [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] would hold training camps back in Ric's hometown of Charlotte.... The idea being that OVW and FCW wrestlers could get some 3 on 1 training with 3 of the greatest the sport has ever seen... The thought of Ric teaching developemental wrestlers how to build a match, interviews, psycology, heel tactics, while Steamboat can teach selling, how to be a babyface tactics, endurance, facial expressions, then Arn could deliver on more interviews, being intense, pride, etc...etc...etc... came across as a great idea to Vince... While Ric completely intended on demonstrating these abilities, his secret plan was scout young talent, convince them that bringing back the oldschool philosophies of kayfabe, psycology, the simpleness of less is more and just a glory day feel to a new product that will be the next phase of pro wrestling... Plain wrestling trunks, non flashy ring robes, delivering with short to the point promos instead of long winded 20 minute promos currently seen on Raw, Smackdown or ECW.... Flair started lining up old gyms in old towns like Charlotte, Winston Salem, Asheville, Fayetville North Carolina and like Greenville, Anderson and Rock Hill South Carolina for a Mid Atlantic Region.... While looking for the new Omni in Atlanta, GA for the recreation of Georgia Championship Wrestling... Flair was determined to find the new Buzz Sawyers, Tommy Rich's, Ole Anderson's, Dick Slater's, Magnum TA's, Ivan Koloff's, Arn Anderson's and Ricky Steamboat to recreate some of the greatest oldschool angles once again.... Vince was excited he signed off on personal service contracts that would allow his talent to work with Ric Flair promotions on improving their skills...little did he realize that the personel contracts would allow Flair to use WWE talent, Vince did not know that Flair was planning on starting a promotion....One by one developmental wrestlers like [B]Elijah Burke, Cody Runnels, Harry Smith, Nic Nemeth, Bradley Jay, Kofi Kingston, Shawn Spears, Evan Bourne, Johnny Jeter, Colt Cabana and Vladimir Kozlov's[/B] came in to work...Which ones would stay with Flair? We will soon find out.[/CENTER] [B][I]O.O.C. I will post same backstory on both Threads for now[/I][/B],

[CENTER]We've fast forwarded to the end of Spring.... Flair's master plan has taken the step, that has lead to McMahon and his falling out..... Flair began bringing in some additional talent to work with his 3man wrestling school... [B]Ted Dibiase's sons[/B], as well as ROH talents like [B]Adam Pearce, Brent Albright, Roderick Strong, Davey Richards[/B] and some independant wrestlers including recently released WWE stars such as [B]Ace Steele, Silas Young as well as Brodi Lee, BJ Whitmer, Jon Moxley[/B]... McMahon became curious as to Flair's intentions...Flair was having a weekly wrestling show in front of 50 or so people for his trainees to get some work....McMahon threatened to pull his developemental talent, but it wa stipulated in th contracts that Flair had approval from McMahon as long as not interfering with their WWE schedule...McMahon began making ultimatums to his talent, thus pushing some towards Flair's group and some away back to the WWE... The straw that broke the camel's back in the Flair/McMahon relationship was Flair had been seen with NWA President [B]Bob Trobich and promoter Dave Marquez[/B].... Was Flair aligning himself with the NWA... The answer was no.... Instead of aligning himself with the NWA...He bought out the rights to the promoter's of The National Wrestling Alliance.... Ric Flair with the aid of Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson was now the new owner of the lineage, the logo and the name of the [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/NWAlogo.gif[/IMG] The news broke out all over the place... It was every web-site, all over the dirt sheets, it became the talk of wrestling.... Flair did a wrestling radio talk show promoting a return of the territories, oldschool values, kayfabe, sensible storylines and great action.... The who's who began wanting to align themselves with Flairs project... His school of teachers had added [B]Ted Dibiase, Jim Cornette[/B] and [B]Paul Orndorff[/B]..... Flair had targeted January of 2009 as the re-launch.... Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling and Georgia Championshp Wrestling were back.... The [B]NWA[/B] was about to return with a strong new era[/CENTER]

NWA Business Plan [CENTER]The [B]National Wrestling Alliance[/B] has been re-established...[B]Ric Flair[/B]now owned all the rights to name, title, lineage, logo's etc.... Flair has himself a solid group of veterns to help train the "new" generation of the NWA...Flair has most certainly p!ssed off, the most powerful man in wrestling in [B]Vince McMahon[/B] in that he had sabotaged some of Vince's talent, backed out of a legends deal with the WWE and now started up a new regional promotion that will instantly become one of Vince's biggest competitors... It was late spring 2008 nd Ric Flair and his behind the scenes men of the NEW [B]NWA[/B] began working on thier business plan... [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ricflair.jpg[/IMG] "Vince has called me every name in the book because of my desire to return this sport to its roots." "I will never earn another WWE penny as long as I live and now I've tarnished my legacy on a project he states he will put out of business before it ever opens its doors", Flair stated.. "Well, I'll tell you this, I am going to stick it right to Vince McMahon with his own damaged goods.. We will make stars of Vince's castoffs... They already have some name value, might be able to draw some fans with the mentoring we have going on here and I have a potential TV contract that I have been working on secretly for years about to go through at any moment.", Flair added.. "What we will simply begin with is 2 promotions: [B]Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] and [B]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/B]....Each territory will run 1 big monthly show and weekly television to hype that big show... In [B]Mid Atlantic[/B] we will run Charlotte, NC... Greenville, SC.... Raliegh, NC.... with some possible house shows in Spartenburg, SC.... Asheville, NC.... Winston Salem, NC.... Anderson, SC..... [B]GCW[/B] will find a nice monthly home in Atlanta, GA with some house shows in Marietta, GA.... Columbas, GA...Macon, GA...as well..... Every Tuesday we will tape Mid Atlantic TV and Wednesday will be a Georgia TV Taping.... [B][U]NWA Schedule[/U][/B] [B]Tuesday: Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling TV Taping Wednesday: Georgia Chapionship Wrestling TV Taping Saturday: Both shows will air on TV 2nd Saturday of the month: Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling "Big Show" 3rd Saturday of the month: Georgia Championship Wrestling "Big Show" Once every quarter: 4 times a year [B]Clash of the Champions[/B] (Combined TV event)[/B] We will have titles in each region [U][B]Mid Atlantic Titles [/B][/U] [B]Mid Atlantic Heavyweight Championship Mid Atlantic Tag Team Championship[/B] [B][U]Georgia Titles[/U][/B] [B]Georgia National Heavyweight Championship Georgia National Tag Team Championship[/B] [B][U]NWA Titles[/U][/B] [U][SIZE="2"][B][I]NWA Titles will be defended in both areas[/I][/B][/SIZE][/U] [B]NWA World Heavyweight Championship NWA Tag Team Championship NWA World Television Championship[/B] There will be som cross promotion... The first NWA world title to be determined will be the Television championship which must be defended once per month in each region....As the territories strengthen, we will add the the World and Tag team Championship.....Eventually, based on the success we have we may move into new territories, but for now we will get down to business with [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/orndorff.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/dibiase.jpg[/IMG] [B]Paul Orndorff[/B] and [B]Ted Dibiase[/B] will lead the way in developing new NWA stars by improving the wrestlers work rate, interview skills and giving many of these young stars new ring names that catch a little bit of the past in their new style and appearance The Phone rings...Flair answers..."It's a done deal! We are all set to go January 2009... Saturday Nights!!! Thats excellent news!!! 6:05 est till 8:05! Thats incredible news!! Thank you! Lets get it done and start promoting it".... Flair hangs up and looks towards Steamboat, Double AA, Dibiase and Orndorff and says, "Boys, The NWA is officially coming back to TV!" [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/tbs.gif[/IMG] "Saturday Nights! 6:05-7:05 Mid Atlantic Wrestling and 7:05-8:05 Georgia Championship Wrestling!... [B]It's The NWA Saturday Nights at 6:05 on Superstation WTBS" [/B] [I](ooc from here we will see each diary go off on their own with the signing of their talent)[/I][/CENTER]

NWA Signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] "Let's talk about this kid here" (Tossing out a picture of young wrestling Superstar) [B]Dibiase:[/B] "Well, obviously I am going to refrain from coment" [B]Orndorff:[/B] "This kid just has that IT factor, I think he has star written all over him [B]Arn:[/B] "Obviouly, we wont have to re-name him or switch up his gimmick, the oldschool wrestling fans are just going to get into him because of who he is." [B]Flair:[/B] "He's got a great look, good size, ability is there and will only get better, this sport is in his blood.... Being around the business has given him these natural instincts... I certainly see world titles in his future." [B]Arn:[/B] He has had some good training with Harley, he's been in Japan before going into the developmental system...Lets just make sure we get a wrestler out of him and not the entertainer.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] He'll be great, he's a natural athlete and leader... He played QB in high school and WR in college [B]Steamboat:[/B] One thing about his look, and I'm not one to tell anyone not to work out, but he has a great build right now, if he cut himself up a little more, he might look to much like Randy Orton. [B]Orndorff:[/B] I can see him as a heel, as a face, I certainly would assume he would be one of our focal points... I'd love to have him here in Georgia to start, but I get the feeling he will be a guy were going to have to share sooner rather than later. [B]Dibiase:[/B] Well, You know where I'd like him.. [B]Arn:[/B] Well I think people may associate him more in Georgia anyways.. [B]Flair:[/B] Then its set Georgia Championship has the first man to their roster [B][U][SIZE="6"]COMIN SOON TO GCW[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]TED DIBIASE JR.[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/dibiasejr.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-2 238lbs [I]From:[/I] Clinton, Mississippi Age: 26 Debut: 2006 Trained by: Harley Race[/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Pink Floyd/Money[/B] [/CENTER]

NWA Signing (late spring 2008) [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Alright gentlemen, we've rebuilt a character for MACW by turning Brad Bradley into bullrope carrying, cowboy hat wearing "Black" Jack Braddack... Let's rebuild a guy for Georgia Championship Wrestling with that oldschool feel to it. [B]Dibiase:[/B] Well, I think of old school Geogia, I'm thinking platinum blond, bleached hair babyface, that bleeds and the contrast of the blood and the hair is dynamic. [B]Flair:[/B] That sounds like an idea that just might work [B]Orndorff:[/B] How about that guy from the Naturals tag team that we've been working out [B]AA:[/B] Chase Stevens is the one with the blond hair [B]Orndorff:[/B] He's seems to mostly play the role of a heel, but he's got some good braling ability and a few nice babyface type moves...He's got good size, but not to big in that he may look outsized by some of his opponenets. [B]Steamboat:[/B] What's his size [B]Orndorff:[/B] He's 6-0 220lbs [B]Dibiase:[/B] And he already has some of that good ole boy southern style to him [B]Steamboat:[/B] I'll bet that comes from being trained by Tracey Smothers..So he'll have some tough guy in him as well... and he has held a major championship in the TNA tag titles like 3 times. [B]Flair:[/B] The name Chase Stevens, sounds so California, how about simplifying his name a little like Stevie Chase or Jimmy Stevens or Johnny Stevens or Tommy Chase [B]Orndorff:[/B] I like Tommy Chase, because maybe he'll remind Georgia fans of another Tommy and that'd be a great style to emulate down here [B]Dibiase:[/B] Dare we call him "Wildfire" [B]Flair:[/B] I wouldn't yet, but you certainly can se where that'll go. So we got our second guy for Georgia Championship Wrestling. [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon To GCW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]TOMMY CHASE[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/chase2.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-0 220lbs From: Nashville, Tennessee Age: 29 Debut: 1998 Trained By: Tracey Smothers[/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: 38 Special/Wild Eyed Southern Boys[/B] [/CENTER]

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments.... I was wondering if anyone would enjoy this... Its going to be a little while (couple of months) before I can actually begin my game since my computer is in storage (just relocated) and this kind of fills my need for TEW in the meantime... Hope you continue to follow along

[QUOTE=Oldschool;510424]Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments.... I was wondering if anyone would enjoy this... Its going to be a little while (couple of months) before I can actually begin my game since my computer is in storage (just relocated) and this kind of fills my need for TEW in the meantime... Hope you continue to follow along[/QUOTE] Hey, if that means the continuation of those detailed little "hiring/gimmick" meetings for each wrestler on the roster of each diary, then HELL YEAH. I love them. It's awesome to gain insight into why you package a guy the way you do.

NWA Signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Alright guys, we got a guy with some name value in Trevor Murdock for Mid Atlantic, I think we need to do the same for Georgia Championship Wrestling...Paul...Ted...Do you guys have anyone in mind.. [B]Orndorff:[/B] Actually Ric, we do! We want to go to Japan to gt us that big monster heel that we had back in the day in Georgia Championship Wrestling.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] Georgia was the Road Warriors first real stomping ground...They had the Legion of Doom with King Kong Bundy...Big John Studd was here.... So was Abdullah the Butcher, Masked Superstar...We'd really like to bring in our own monster heel in Matt Bloom from Japan [B]AA:[/B] Does he want to leave Japan [B]Orndorff:[/B] He wants to make a name for himself here, like he has in Japan [B]Steamboat:[/B] Which name? He has had like 10! [B]Flair:[/B] There's been Baldo, A-Train, Prince Albert, Giant Bernard... [B]Orndorff:[/B] Well he is mostly known here in America as A-Train, but after talking with him, he has truly re-invented himself in Japan as Giant Bernard... [B]Dibiase:[/B] We talked about keeping the name Giant Benard...Sort of. [B]Flair:[/B] What do you mean sort of? [B]Orndorff:[/B] There was a bald, hairy wrestler from Canada in the 70's known as Brute Bernard..He wrestled in Texas, Carolinas, a little in Florida.... We thought, and Matt is aboard with this as well, about calling him "The Giant" as his nickname and Brute Bernard as his ring name [B]Flair:[/B] So it would be "The Giant" Brute Bernard instead of just Giant Bernard? [B]Dibiase:[/B] Correct...Matt's even going to grow out his chest and back hair like he had when he originally came to WWE.... [B]AA:[/B] Do you think you're missing out on capitalizing on his name recognition by not going with some sort of A-Train version [B]Orndorff:[/B] He has had so many personas I dont think it will matter...People will easily identify him...It'll only be a matter of time before he becomes synonymous with Brute Bernard...Afterall, he is a Brute and wrestling purists will still like he's keeping part of his Giant Bernard name: [B]Flair:[/B] Looks like Georgia has their monster heel! [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon to GCW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]"THE GIANT" BRUTE BERNARD[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/bernard.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-6 333lbs Billed From: Boston, Massachusets Age: 35 Debut: 1997 Trained by: Killer Kowalski & Dory Funk Jr.[/I][/B] [B][SIZE="1"]Real Name: Matt Bloom Originally From Scottsdale, AZ[/SIZE][/B] [B]Theme Music: Ozzy Osbourne/Crazy Train[/B] [/CENTER] [B][I][U][SIZE="1"]Georgia Championship Wrestling Roster[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B] [B][SIZE="1"]1. Ted Dibiase Jr. 6-2 238lbs Clinton, MS 2. Tommy Chase 6-0 220lbs Nashville, TN 3. "Giant" Brute Bernard 6-6 333lbs Boston, MA[/SIZE][/B]

NWA Meeting [CENTER][SIZE="2"][I](O.O.C: Since this is a discussion about both promotions... I will post this in both Territorial Resurgence Threads)[/I][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/NWAlogo.gif[/IMG] [B]Flair:[/B] Alright Gentlemen, I've called this meeting to discuss a couple of things regarding both Mid Atlantic and Georgia Wrestling... Both rosters have 3 talents assigned to them and we've got more to come. We are doing a great job at connecting with the past with developing some of their personas and we will make character developement and sensible storylines a major focus as we create the 70's and 80's with our new NWA territories... However, one thing we need to focus on is having some of the same characters from the 70's and 80's reprise new roles in our 2009 NWA... Thus making a connection with the old and the new. [B]Steamboat:[/B] I understand completely Ric, its kind of like the new TV spinoff show 90210 that has brought back Kelly and Brenda from the 90's version off the same same show. [B]AA:[/B] Steamboat, I should take you out back and slap the p*** out of you for comparing wrestling with some teeny bopper teenage drama. [B]Orndorff:[/B] What in the hell is 9..1..2..0..??? [B]Dibiase:[/B] Forget about it Paul, but Ricky's right...So what do we do... Rekindle Flair vs Steamboat for the NWA title... Have Orndorff take on Double A in loser is the first one crippled match.. [B]AA:[/B] Hey, Ted to quote Toby Keith... I ain't as good as once was, but I'll be good once.. [B]Orndorff:[/B] Toby who???? [B]Steamboat:[/B] Well, I'll bet that could draw some money still today and Paul do you pay attention to any pop cuture? [B]Orndorff:[/B] From the sound of this conversation, I'm glad I dont [B]Flair:[/B] Gentlemen getting down to business about reconnecting with the past... The Nature Boy" will be making guest color commentators once a month for both Mid Atlantic and Georgia...That way old NWA marks will still relate, with some stylin and profilin interviews. Here's the roles I'd like for the four of you. Arn and Ricky, I'm thinking of some sort of campaign for Commisionership of Mid Atlantic which will turn one of you, Probably Arn, either into a manager and of color commentator, but I think it'll make for some interesting storylines as we've got an ultimate bad guy and ultimate good guy confrontation between the two of you.. Paul, I'm proclaiming you the Commisioner of Georgia Championship Wrestling, because you've got that tough guy no-nonsense attitude and I think it will be best to have Ted play a manager role, especialy with Ted Jr. going to be a top draw... [B]Still Flair:[/B] I also believe we need to bring back the voices we've heardin the past...I've got calls out to Tony Schiavonne, David Crockett, Rich Landrum, Bob Caudle, Les Thatcher, Scott Hudson about returning to TBS for the broadcasts.... [B]Orndorff:[/B] Ted and I were talking about recreating the Assassins and perhaps a Masked Superstar #2...They both were huge in Georgia in the past and it might just be about finding right person to play those roles.. [B]Steamboat:[/B] Well, in talking with Arn, we might even be able to get Ricky and Robert the Rock-N-Roll Express in to help put some new people over... [B]AA:[/B] Same can be said about Manny Fernandez, Tim Horner, The Barbarian, all of whom still wrstlin occasionally. [B]Flair:[/B] I also want to get our Developmental program off the ground, for our stars for the future and this all kind of falls in line with what we're talking about because in 3 years or so the Stars of NWA could be our 1st 3 developmental wrestlers signed and thats Flair, Steamboat and Dibiase... and I'm talking Reid, Ricky Jr. and Brett.... [B]Steamboat:[/B] Let's just avoid the mistakes others have made and not rush our kids before their ready [B]Ted:[/B] Mine's already ready [B]AA:[/B] I was talking with Mike Rotunda and he is encouraging both his sons to join us as well, Taylor and Windham.. [B]Flair:[/B] Couple more quick things, let's make our focus on our next 3 signings each to get one wrestler with name value, one with experience that just gets a character makeover and one young lion, potential type worker.... Oh, and one last surprise to keep with the theme of todays meeting... I've made a signing myself that will float between both territories in a managerial role...Come on in Jimmy !!!!!! [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/cornette-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Coming Soon to Both Mid-Atlantic and Georgia Championship Wrestling!!!![/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="7"]JIM CORNETTE[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

NWA Signing [Center][B]Flair: [/B]Alright, Ted you were telling me about a WWE developmental kid that wants to play in the NWA [B]Ted:[/B] Yeah Ric, his name is Johnny Curtis...He was trained by Killer Kowalski and he's been in Deep South and FCW with E developmental [B]Orndorff:[/B] He's still a bit green, and he has that generic Randy Orton cookie cutter WWE look... But we believe he has big upside to be a tremendous worker [B]AA:[/B] Yeah I remeber this kid, he's built kind of slender, but he's strong and agile and works hard [B]Steamboat:[/B] I'd say he' a poor mans Charlie Haas [B]Ric:[/B] Well I feel for him if he's a poor man's Charlie Haas, because hell never catch a break with the E...Is he lacking charisma [B]Dibiase:[/B] Yeah some, but you wanted us to get a young lion type and we'd let him work his way up from the bottom of the card. [B]Steamboat:[/B] He knows he's been compared to Haas type and he realizes where's Charlie's going, is what makes him interested in NWA. [B]Orndorff:[/B] We're thinking babyface, win some, lose some, always gives a good fight, but will only get better with time kind of push [B]Dibiase:[/B] We'd lke to make him a regular at he opening of the card... People will like him, because usually that first match always catches fans attention and if he delivers then will move him up, but nothing rushed...We'll keep it simple with armdrags, dropkicks, let him use his speed [B]Flair:[/B] Any gimmick change, name change makeover [B]Orndorff:[/B] Nah, Johnny Curtis...tough kid from Boston, will do for now... We'll use some classic rock music from Boston, plain wrestling trunks, maybe a shiny ring jacket, but none of them damn tassles. [B]Steamboat:[/B] Use guys won't let it rest, will you! [B]Flair:[/B] Alright, Mid Atlantic guys you still need a young lion type next [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon to GCW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]JOHNNY CURTIS[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/curtis.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-2 240lbs Billed From: Boston, Massachussets Age...... Debut..... Trained by: Killer Kowalski[/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Boston/Smokin[/B] [/center] [B][I][U][SIZE="1"]Georgia Championship Wrestling Roster[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B] [B][SIZE="1"]1. Ted Dibiase Jr. 6-2 238lbs Clinton, MS 2. Tommy Chase 6-0 220lbs Nashville, TN 3. "Giant" Brute Bernard 6-6 333lbs Boston, MA 4. Johnny Curtis 6-2 240lbs Boston, MA[/SIZE][/B]

NWA Signing (late spring) [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Alright Georgia boys, we need a guy that has some appeal that the casual fan will recognize...We want to have seen him on TV in the past and you guys need to develope him into a big star.... And Mid Atlantic, you guys are next... So who we gettin...Shawn Michaels??? Mr. Kennedy???? Booker T ????? Brock Lesnar??? Bob Sapp??? [B]Dibiase:[/B] Uh, Ric I didn't realize we were looking that big! [B]Orndorff:[/B] I like our guy, he's been on TV, he was pushed as mid carder in ECW, before being sent down to FCW but he's got a great look for us [B]Flair:[/B] So you're not giving me Christian Cage or Sting or Bobby Lashley? [B]Dibiase:[/B] We're giving you Mike Knox!!! [B]Flair:[/B] Mike Knox is your big name? [B]Orndorff:[/B] He's 6-6 almost 300lb...He works pretty good for a big man...He doesn't have that WWE generic male stripper look...In fact he's growing out his beard long and looks quite menacing [B]Dibiase:[/B] In a Bruiser Brody kind of way... [B]AA:[/B] I think Mike Knox has some appeal [B]Flair:[/B] Are you just saying that because your guy is going to end up being a let down too? [B]Orndorff:[/B] Trust me, when were finished with him, he isn't going to be a let down...We are going to transition him from Mike Knox into "Grizzly" Mike Knox...Then into just Grizzly Knox, then into "Big Game" Grizzly Knox [B]Steamboat:[/B] Big Game? Like bigger than Triple H... [B]Dibiase:[/B] No, like big game hunting, like bears and wild boars and rhino's and stuff. [B]Orndorff:[/B] He's going to wear some of those old Barbarian outfits, with the animal skin and antlers, and his character is going to be that of a blood thirsty psychopath, who just wants to hurt people [B]Dibiase:[/B] We'll even throw in some "huss's" ala Brody [B]Orndorff:[/B] I think we have the making of a big star an he's all about joining us to be our violent, uncontrolable monster.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] Especially after WWE has toyed with him, bringing him up and sending him down... [B]Orndorff:[/B] What do you think? [B]Flair:[/B] Gentlemen................ I love it! [SIZE="6"][B][U]Coming Soon To GCW![/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="5"]"BIG GAME" GRIZZLY KNOX[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/knox.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-6 293lbs Billed From: Wasilla, Alaska Age: 30 Debut: 1998 Trained By: Navajo Warrior & UPW[/I][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Real Name: Michael Hettinga Actually From: Tampa, FL[/SIZE][/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Led Zeppelin/Dazed and Confused[/B] [/CENTER] [B][I][U][SIZE="1"]Georgia Championship Wrestling Roster[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B] [B][SIZE="1"]1. Ted Dibiase Jr. 6-2 238lbs Clinton, MS 2. Tommy Chase 6-0 220lbs Nashville, TN 3. "Giant" Brute Bernard 6-6 333lbs Boston, MA 4. Johnny Curtis 6-2 240lbs Boston, MA 5. "Big Game" Grizzly Knox 6-6 293lbs Wasilla, AK[/SIZE][/B]

NWA Signing (Summer) [CENTER][B]Dibiase:[/B] Hey Ric, We've got an interesting signing we'd like to talk about [B]Ric:[/B] Is it a big name like your major Mike, I mean Grizzly Knox signing? [B]Orndorff:[/B] Actually, we've come to terms with a pretty decent name, but we are going to go in a 180 degree opposite direction of the character he's known for [B]Dibiase:[/B] He's a veteran, so he can help make some younger talent better, but our hope is his character can become one of the most compelling characters in the wrestling world [B]AA & Steamboat:[/B] Well, who the heck is it? [B]Orndorff:[/B] Nick Dinsmore, better known as Eugene [B]Ric:[/B] And in what way is his character going to go... Orndorff: Well, at first we were thinkin a Dean Malenko, shooter slash iceman gimmick in which he is all about business in the ring and we were kind of set on that until we saw the movie Batman [B]AA:[/B] You went and saw Batman? [B]Orndorff:[/B] Shut up Arn, it's a pretty good movie. [B]Orndorff:[/B] Anyways since Dinsmore is known for his retard gimmick [B]Dibiase:[/B] Special needs person Paul.. [B]Orndorff:[/B] Whatever, we decided to create a sadistic, dark, demented character like the Joker... [B]Dibiase:[/B] Eugene used to be fun-loving and now because of his demons, and having to play that character he has turned into one of the sickest , most demented minds in wrestling... [B]Orndorff:[/B] The kind of guy that would speed up in his car to runover a puppy dog.. Or that would pick a fight with a senior citezen...Or that could make any wrestling rivalry, personal.. [B]Flair:[/B] Wow, seems like it will take alot of character development [B]Dibiase:[/B] Isn't that what the new NWA will be about is compelling characters... [B]Orndorff:[/B] Afterall, he doesn't have that prototypical wrestling look anymore since losing his hair and his shape [B]Dibiase:[/B] He'll be the guy that will go hold for hold with some chain wrestling with anyone, then jam a pencil in your eyeball... [B]Flair: [/B]Seems like alot of work needs to be done, but I like the idea... That's wrestler number 6 for Georgia.... I'd like for both territories get a tag team and keep these new characters coming, but I'd also like you to find a talent that doesn't need a new character and could just play himself. [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon To GCW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]NICK DINSMORE[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/dinsmore1.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-0 236lbs Billed From: Louisville, Kentucky Age: 33 Debut: 1997 Trained By: Danny Davis & Dean Malenko[/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Black Sabbath/Paranoid[/B] [/CENTER] [B][I][U][SIZE="1"]Georgia Championship Wrestling Roster[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B] [B][SIZE="1"]1. Ted Dibiase Jr. 6-2 238lbs Clinton, MS 2. Tommy Chase 6-0 220lbs Nashville, TN 3. "Giant" Brute Bernard 6-6 333lbs Boston, MA 4. Johnny Curtis 6-2 240lbs Boston, MA 5. "Big Game" Grizzly Knox 6-6 293lbs Wasilla, AK 6. Nick Dinsmore 6-0 236lbs Louisville, KT[/SIZE][/B]

Late Fall (november) signing [CENTER][B]Orndorff:[/B] Flair (busting into Ric's Office), we need to talk! [B]Dibiase:[/B] You've stated our mission will be to talk about each wrestler and let both territorries argue on our behalf of where the new NWA talent will be assigned! [B]Orndorff:[/B] You go and have a private meeting with Arn and Ricky and the next thing we know PAUL LONDON is assigned to Mid Atlantic! [B]Dibiase:[/B] I sure know that I'd of liked to put in my word on London.. [B]Flair:[/B] Gentlemen, gentlemen...The deal with London is I'm sure TNA, ROH, Mexico, Japan would like him in asap, so we needed to act fast...London has always reminded me of a young Steamboat, so I thought lets get this done and get this done with best interest of NWA as far as his allocation.... [B]Orndorff:[/B] Still you could have included us! [B]Flair:[/B] Boys, you're right and I'm going to make this one up to you right now...The WWE is releasing a whole lot of talent and I have a future NWA world champion all signed up and in my back pocket ready to come to Georgia Championship Wrestling. [B]Dibiase & Orndorff:[/B] Who? [B]Flair:[/B] He's a 7 year veteran, who is only 22 years old...He's got a great look, he has unlimited potential...He has worked longer matches going back to his OVW days with Brent Albright and CM Punk and the WWE just released him... I worked with this kid, when they were giving him his initial push after the breakup of the Spirit Squad...We've got an instant main eventer boys...Kenny Dykstra/Doane is coming to the NWA and he is my make up for the London incident... [B]Dibiase:[/B] WOW, I cant believe he has been released, I mean he is only 22 years old.. [B]Orndorff:[/B] I like this kid alot, I like him even more now that we can mold him [B]Flair:[/B] Guys, every man we've signed has been a castoff somehow of the WWE and I cant wait to stick it back in their face and revolutionize, by means of going back to our roots, the world of wrestling, with men they couldn't find anything for.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] We should make our NWA motto "Endeavoring into the Future" [B]Flair:[/B] Hahahahah...Love it! [B]Orndorff:[/B] So is Kenny going by his real name of Kenny Doane... [B]Flair:[/B] Yeah, we could but how about just giving him a new name....I was thinking Kenny Durham [B]Orndorff:[/B] What is your infatuation with North Carolina, or cities in North Carolina [B]Flair:[/B] I think it'll work just fine... It will be our small spin on his character name and people will be knowing him by Durham as opposed to Dykstra by what he accomplishes..We can build him more through what he has done at such a young age, the fact he is a wrestling prodigy, with unlimited potential.... I certainly see some futre classic macthes between him and your son Ted... I think he can be our franchise player, in fact lets use Shane Douglass Deep Purple song for his theme, as a jab at that son of a b**** while were at it...We'll show him what a Franchise Player is.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] Well I dont feel, so bad about London, but you still should have called us. [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon To GCW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]KENNY DOANE[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/doane.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-2 230lbs Billed From: Atlanta, Georgia Age: 22 Debut: 2001 Trained By: Killer Kowalski[/I][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Real Name: Ken Doane Originally From: Southbridge, Massachussets[/SIZE][/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Deep Purple/Perfect Strangers[/B] [/CENTER] [B][I][U][SIZE="1"]Georgia Championship Wrestling Roster[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B] [B][SIZE="1"]1. Ted Dibiase Jr. 6-2 238lbs Clinton, MS 2. Tommy Chase 6-0 220lbs Nashville, TN 3. "Giant" Brute Bernard 6-6 333lbs Boston, MA 4. Johnny Curtis 6-2 240lbs Boston, MA 5. "Big Game" Grizzly Knox 6-6 293lbs Wasilla, AK 6. Nick Dinsmore 6-0 236lbs Louisville, KT 7. Kenny Doane 6-2 230lbs Richmond, VA[/SIZE][/B]

Awesome pick! I love Dykstra/Doane (Especially in his old OVW Work) and think that Vince really dropped the ball with this guy. I will admit that he lost a great deal of his muscle mass over the past few years but hopefully the new NWA doesn't have too much of a welness policy :D

• 2 weeks later...
NWA November Signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Alright gentlemen, It's tag team time....Tag team wrestling is a die-ing art and yet it was a staple of 80's wrestling, we are going to bring it back...Paul, Ted you guys have some news in this regard. [B]Dibiase:[/B] Yeah Ric, first things, first... Our new Kenny Durham is adamit about going by his own real name... He assures us we wont regret what he'll bring to the table, but he wants his own identity and wants to go by Kenny Doane. [B]Flair:[/B] Guys, I dont see a real problem with that... I know we want the rights to ou contracted talent, but I'm fine if the man wants to use his own name...next order of business... Who's your tag team... [B]Orndorff:[/B] We have another team, of players that was a WWE rejects, yet I believe they can come in hear and be a vicious, yet methodical tag team.. [B]Steamboat:[/B] Well, who is it? [B]Orndorff:[/B] The Basham Brothers, Doug and Danny.... We know their not real brothers, but the average joe wrestling fan identifies them as brothers and I think they can be our Minnesota Wrecking Crew... We'll just go with their Basham name. [B]Arn:[/B] One problem is Doug can use the Basham name, but Danny can't because the WWE owns the name Danny Basham and that is NOT his real name... [B]Orndorff:[/B] Crap, I didn't even think about that! [B]Dibiase:[/B] Well name aside, we were going to have these guys be much like the original Minnesota Wrecking Crew.... Doug is actually a pretty good wrestler and talker...while Danny will be more of the power guy...Our gimmick will be that Doug does all the talking, while Danny just pounds his fist and makes angry faces in interviews, maybe just dropping one word phrases at the end of interviews.. [B]Orndorff:[/B] Doug will be the skill and science, while Danny will be the brute, which we will push as what makes this team so complete... [B]Dibiase:[/B] We are even going to take part of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew's name... [B]Steamboat:[/B] Settle down Arn, I'm sure they will confer with you first... [B]Orndorff:[/B] Black and Blue Wrecking Crew... Theyll beat their opponents till thier black and blue and we'll have the were black tights with blue trim, black boots with a blue line on the boots, maybe one black wristband and one blue wristband... [B]Arn:[/B] I've got no problem with that, I actually kind of like it... [B]Flair:[/B] But if we cant call them the Basham's, then what is it going to be... [B]Steamboat:[/B] The Black and Blue Wrecking Crew of Doug and Danny Anderson [B]Arn: [/B]Steamboat I rip your throat out, I like the guys, but I am not prepared to give them the Anderson name... [B]Flair:[/B] How about Danny and Doug Windham ? [B]Dibiase:[/B] Don't like it [B]Flair:[/B] Danny and Doug Funk ? [B]Orndorff:[/B] Those names to identified with Barry and with Terry and Dory [B]Dibiase:[/B] I got it, there was a brother tandom, that many didn't know where brothers back in the 80's... I still believe that Danny and Doug will develope their own identity with that name and yet old school fans will get it...How about the Sawyer Brothers... [B]Steamboat:[/B] Danny and Doug Sawyer...It has a nice ring to it.. [B]Arn:[/B] As long as its not Anderson, I'm fine with it.. [B]Orndorff:[/B] I like it, some will remember Buzz, but who in the hell will remember Brett..I say Sawyer's it is [B]Flair:[/B] Done deal, we'll have to make sure these guys are pushed as one of the most cohesive tag team units in the world... [SIZE="6"][B][U]Coming Soon To GCW![/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="5"]THE BLACK & BLUE WRECKING CREW DOUG & DANNY SAWYER[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/doug.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/danny.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-2 245lbs & 6-3 250lbs Billed From: Columbus, Ohio Age: (Doug) 37 (Danny) 31 Debut: (Doug) 1992 (Danny) 1999 Trained by: (Doug) Danny Davis (Danny) Doug Basham[/I][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Real name: (Doug Sawyer) Doug Basham (Danny Sawyer) Danny Hollie[/SIZE][/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Van Halen/Black and Blue[/B] [/CENTER]

Archived