Nevy's Radio Show

Nevermore

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangit! I loves me some David Allen Coe. "Well, a friend of mine named Steve Goodman wrote that song and he told me it was the perfect country and western song. I wrote him back a letter and told him it was NOT the perfect country and western song because he hadn't said anything about Momma, or trains, or trucks, or prison, or gettin' drunk. Well, he sat down and wrote another verse to the song and he sent it to me and after reading it, I realized that my friend had written the perfect country and western song. And I felt obliged to include it on this album. The last verse goes like this here: Well, I was drunk the day my Mom got outta prison. And I went to pick her up in the rain. But, before I could get to the station in my pickup truck She got runned over by a damned old train." Brings a tear to my eye every time...

Yeah... and you also missed my rambling spiel about Christmas and family after a few drinks :p. I think I notched 7 minutes on that last link. So much for me telling all the new presenters not to make their links more than 4 :D. Thanks so much to everyone who's tuned in this year! Quote The Raven Nevermore

• 1 month later...
Tonight - 22:00-00:00 (GMT) or 17:00-19:00 (EST) on [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url] Insanity Radio hopes you all had a pleasant christmas and a rambunctious new year and, at the same time, cordially invites you to listen to the post-crimbo return of The Graveyard Shift. Same Rules apply: A THEME CONNECTS EVERY SONG IN THE PLAYLIST EXCEPT FOR ONE ODD ONE OUT. TEXT OR E-MAIL IN TO IDENTIFY THE THEME AND THE ONE THAT DOESN'T FIT. BE THE FIRST TO CORRECTLY IDENTIFY BOTH AND YOU'LL BE CHOOSING NEXT WEEK'S THEME This week's theme, chosen by ShadowedFlames, features a perfect blend of a few old classics with a catalogue of awesome tunes you likely won't have heard before. It features: THE LEE HARVEY OSWALD BAND at their most cheesy and fantastic A noisy industrial masterpiece c/o BJORK The exceptionally chirpy BE YOUR OWN PET EUROPE's "The Final Countdown", through listener demand. 'Nuff said. CROWBAR's deceptively beautiful blend of blues and metal Scottish folk legend BERT JANSCH TORI AMOS doing what she does best: the melodramatic ballad STEVIE WONDER paving the way for nearly every hip hop and soul artist that followed One of the EELS most beautiful anti-anthems A seldom-played JIMI HENDRIX blues masterpiece PRIMAL SCREAM demonstrating their later electronic tendencies The best prog band to ever grace the Earth, YES Phoenix-born satanic metal from ABIGAIL WILLIAMS - I guess the desert makes you tetchy ...and this week's Overdose features two glorious imovements from, perhaps, the finest piece of music to ever emerge from these fair British shores. Taken from Gustav Holst's Planets suite: I. Mars IV. Jupiter What connects these seemingly incongruous tracks? Tune in or miss out! [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url] 1287AM

[QUOTE=moon_lit_tears;789263]Who was it. I just got back home and missed EVERYTHING. I lost the game. :([/QUOTE] Sonofa....right, now we're even. I want to say it was Clutch or something similar, but don't hold me to it; I was in the other room when he was announcing it and didn't hear the name clearly. Edit: Yep. Was Clutch. Thanks, Charlie.

[QUOTE=moon_lit_tears;789282]Nevy I just wanted to thank you as well. You gave me a new band that I fell in love with. Anathema was awesome. After hearing the song you played a few weeks ago I looked them up. They have a song called One last goodbye Very good song!![/QUOTE] I'm so pleased. genuinely. I'll do a limk on that.

If people could tune in, I'd be hugely appreciative! Student Radio Awards are approaching and listener participation always helps a hell of a lot. So, if you're able to give it a listen for a couple o' hours whilst you're doing whatever you do, I'd love you forever :p! [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url] 22:00-00:00 (GMT) or 17:00-19:00 (EST) Show preview below. [QUOTE=moon_lit_tears;789336]Nev...I am in love with your accent! :)[/QUOTE] Aaw. Thank you. Right, hopefully the show will be a little more pro this week: less technical issues and other balls-ups: [QUOTE]It's Thursday and that means The Graveyard Shift returns to bring you the best in "underground" music, 22:00-00:00. Same Rules apply: A THEME CONNECTS EVERY SONG IN THE PLAYLIST EXCEPT FOR ONE ODD ONE OUT. TEXT OR E-MAIL IN TO IDENTIFY THE THEME AND THE ONE THAT DOESN'T FIT. BE THE FIRST TO CORRECTLY IDENTIFY BOTH AND YOU'LL BE CHOOSING NEXT WEEK'S THEME This week's theme, chosen by Gus, features: EELS as "E" shows a more optimistic side to his songwriting THE WILDHEARTS with an overlooked rock masterpiece CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND - enough said P.J. HARVEY's "Dress" off her oft-forgotten '92 debut BREAKESTRA demonstrate that the funk orchestra lives on after James Brown CAKE's most quirky ever indie single Brooklyn's EARL GREYHOUND show that stoner rock isn't dead While Melbourne's THE CAT EMPIRE show that indie, reggae, jazz and rumba do, in fact, mix JOLIE HOLLAND becomes the first country artist on The Shift in 2010 The SULTANS OF PING with "Where's Me Jumper?" provide the highest charting track of the evening, achieving an unremarkable #67 BRIGHT EYES at their most fragile and sincere OUTKAST - a band everyone's heard of! Makes a change... CRADLE OF FILTH, as the only metal band in the playlist, will provide the obligatory Thursday evening aural assault ...and this week's Overdose features the godfathers of comedy music who, somehow, have inspired bands from Goldie Lookin' Chain to Death Cab For Cutie... It's the BONZO DOG DOO-DAH BAND! What connects these seemingly incongruous artists? Tune in or miss out! [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url][/QUOTE] Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=ShadowedFlames;798939]I'll be there as usual; may be a bit distracted with TEW10/getting the last bit of stuff I'm doing for Remi's mod complete to focus on the theme and O1O this week, though I'll be sure to submit at least one wrong guess just give your buzzer a workout. :)[/QUOTE] Haha... Cheers boys. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Archived