Nevy's Radio Show

Nevermore

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Wallbanger;799057]I'll be online for the first hour at least. I'm taking a class on Thursday nights through April and I have to be there at 6pm Central (when Nevvy's slot ends). So barring a change in timeslot, I'm probably not going to be contending for theme/odd one out anytime soon.[/QUOTE] What kind of class are you taking?

Again, I'd be hugely appreciative if people could tune. Student Radio Awards approaching and all. [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url] 22:00-00:00 (GMT) or 17:00-19:00 (EST) Show info below: [QUOTE] What's the highlight of a Thursday evening, children? That's right, it's The Graveyard Shift: Insanity Radio's home of "underground" music. Tonight: 22:00-00:00 This week I am honoured to welcome some very special guests to the cacophonous crypt. Insanity presenters, Gunanika Singh and Oliver Baldwin, will surely make their weekly appearance. However, new to the mix will be Imperial College Radio stalwart Matt Allinson. Same Rules apply: A THEME CONNECTS EVERY SONG IN THE PLAYLIST EXCEPT FOR ONE ODD ONE OUT. TEXT OR E-MAIL IN TO IDENTIFY THE THEME AND THE ONE THAT DOESN'T FIT. BE THE FIRST TO CORRECTLY IDENTIFY BOTH AND YOU'LL BE CHOOSING NEXT WEEK'S THEME This week's theme features: Classic Rock gods THIN LIZZY with one of the finest live performances ever heard SPANDAU BALLET... yes, it is the one from the Halifax ads BILLY JOEL's most iconic of love songs Modern British prog pioneers PORCUPINE TREE 39 seconds worth of Japanese punk c/o the tragically little-known MELT-BANANA A lesser-played STEVIE WONDER track (featuring Syreeta Wright) Hair metal's tongue-in-cheek flagbearers STEEL PANTHER CALEXICO make a case for mariachi being the coolest music on Earth PEARL JAM sneak into the playlist on a recent whim LITTLE GIANT DRUG will leave you wondering why they never got picked up by a major label Britain's most underrated super group TRAFFIC prove that sitar suits rock & roll One of music's most unfortunate losses - NICK DRAKE - at his very best ...and this week's Overdose features the return of last week's popular debutantes...CAKE! What connects these seemingly incongruous artists? Tune in or miss out! [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url] 1287AM [/QUOTE] Quote The Raven Nevermore

Hello all :). Yes, I'm plugging again. Go on - you might enjoy it ;). [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url] 22:00-00:00 (GMT) or 17:00-19:00 (EST) [QUOTE]The Thursday musical revolution is back for another week. That's right, it's The Graveyard Shift: Insanity Radio's home of "underground" music. Tonight: 22:00-00:00 Same Rules apply: A THEME CONNECTS EVERY SONG IN THE PLAYLIST EXCEPT FOR ONE ODD ONE OUT. TEXT OR E-MAIL IN TO IDENTIFY THE THEME AND THE ONE THAT DOESN'T FIT. BE THE FIRST TO CORRECTLY IDENTIFY BOTH AND YOU'LL BE CHOOSING NEXT WEEK'S THEME This week's theme is chosen by Marty and features: LED ZEPPELIN and John Bonham in fine form FIONA APPLE's intriguing blend of electronica and jazz A progressive orchestral masterpiece c/o ARCTURUS The best damn prog rock band to ever grace the earth, YES A fantastic PIXIES track, sadly sandwiched between two far better-known singles Three iconic covers from RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, JEFF BUCKLEY and P.J. HARVEY SIMON & GARFUNKEL - because Paul Simon is a god and that is all we need know A forgotten acoustic ballad from ALICE IN CHAINS TOOL with the title track of their most opinion-splitting album JEFFERSON AIRPLANE's head-spinning psychedelia A deserved play for prog-metallers MASTODON ahead of their UK tour CRADLE OF FILTH's homage to John Milton KATE BUSH - need I say more? ...and this week's Overdose features the gods of British heavy metal IRON MAIDEN - including the first ever song I remember hearing as a kid. What connects these seemingly incongruous artists? Tune in or miss out! [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url] 1287AM [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Nevermore;821447]Excellent. Should I ask? Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] 1.5 year old female cat, been with me for a year. Newcomer is a 4 year-old female cat. Just your usual growls and hissing over territory in an efficiency apartment. Not quite Joey Styles fussing over Francine and Dawn Marie, but it's enough to wake me at 5 in the morning. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=ShadowedFlames;821576]1.5 year old female cat, been with me for a year. Newcomer is a 4 year-old female cat. Just your usual growls and hissing over territory in an efficiency apartment. Not quite Joey Styles fussing over Francine and Dawn Marie, but it's enough to wake me at 5 in the morning. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Haha, awesome. Know the feeling... my parents have three unrelated cats and a German Shepherd :D. Please tune in, everyone, if you can :). Quote The Raven Nevermore

Hey all. Thought I'd put in an advert early this week. It's our college society and media awards and I've been nominated for best radio presenter and also an achievement in media award :)... but obviously there's competition. So, if people are able to tune in this week, I'd be so grateful! Want gto put in a good showing before the awards on Saturday! Cheers all. Much love. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=Nevermore;828256]Hey all. Thought I'd put in an advert early this week. It's our college society and media awards and I've been nominated for best radio presenter and also an achievement in media award :)... but obviously there's competition. So, if people are able to tune in this week, I'd be so grateful! Want gto put in a good showing before the awards on Saturday! Cheers all. Much love. Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] Sorry I missed Thursdays show. The theme I chose ran and from the list I got went pretty well. I was in bed for over 24 hours sick as a dog. :(

[QUOTE=moon_lit_tears;828277]Sorry I missed Thursdays show. The theme I chose ran and from the list I got went pretty well. I was in bed for over 24 hours sick as a dog. :([/QUOTE] Ooh, sorry to hear that darling :(. I could've picked a better week :p. Apologies. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Archived