Uninstalling, reformat, reinstalling.

Hi, I may ave to do a reformatting of my PC very soon and as I do a diary I want to be able to carry on after the reformat with everything as it was. Let me say I am actually running TEW07, I haven't bought 08, but I will get a quick answer in here and I am posting my diary in the 08 section anyway. Right, I wish to know the whole procedure. I've probably missed it but I assure you I have actually spent 15 whole minutes doing avarious searches in the hope I wouldn't have to start a thread, however I can only find info on unlicensing. I'm sure there used to be a thread telling you how to go about the whole process of uninstalling, then after formatting, the process of reinstalling and reapplying mods and savegames etc. I have a memory stick on to which I can put my savegame, but if i remember correctly I will have to redownload the 1RC mod and reapply it and what have you and I haven't a clue how to do all this now that I can't find a thread on it any more. I know it's something like uninstall license, reformat, install game, relicense, apply mod, apply savegames, or something like that but I need the actual step by step guide of the whole process if possible please. Sorry for the long post, just want to be clear as I don't want to lose all my diary work. Thanks.

Ok here's what I'd do 1. Unlicense the game (noting down the info so you can relicense it when you need to) 2. Copy the entire game folder to the memory stick and/or burn it to CD. 3. Uninstall/reformat/whatever. 4. Download the game and patch it (just to make sure). 5. Taking the files from step 2, paste them OVER the installed directory. That should put all your files/games/mods back in the correct places just as you had it before. 6. Relicense and enjoy. How's that sound?

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;509849]Sounds [I]almost[/I] perfect. However if you follow step 5 [B]after[/B] patching the game then you will overwrite the patch which would defeat the purpose. Patching the game should be the final thing you do.[/QUOTE] I was counting on the fact that he would have patched it already, but yeah fair point.

Oh yeah, I know I have to unlicense it before a reformat. I just couldn't get the elicense folder todo anything. Written all my details down now and will probably uninstall the license and reformat my pc tomorrow after work, no time tonight.

Sorry yeah, realised now what you said, Rathen. How can I unlicense my game if when I go to the elicense folder I click on it and it does nothing? How can I unlicense my game? It is clearly licensed as I play it. Please help as I was going to reformat my PC in a few mins but now I can't :(

[CODE]"c:\whatever-fits-your-setup\TEW2007.exe" -unlicense [/CODE] whatever fits-your-setup.. yeah, that could be unclear. just change that to the path to the TEW2007.exe file on your computer:) and you need to include " before and after the path, like showed above, hope this was clearer:) [B]"C:\Program Files\GDS\TEW2007\TEW2007.exe" -unlicense[/B] would be the default on an english system.

Archived