Conference Scheduling Bug

Hello, I am the UW Huskies in the Pac-10 in the excellent [URL="http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/ncfa/leaguehtml/reports/"]NCFA[/URL] and I understand that in BBCF you cannot manually even try to schedule games against Conference opponents that are missed on your schedule. This is a problem becuase the [I]real[/I] Pac-10 has a "Round-Robin" schedule in that you play each team in the Conference each season. In BBCF you only play 8 teams and skip one. I tried to fix it by attempting to schedule the missing team- but it does not allow it. This is also a problem for other 10 and 12-team conferences that split into 2 Divisions - and yet they do not even let teams play every team [I]in their own Division[/I] so one could lose a spot in a Conference Championship Game because they are tied with the team [I]that they did not even get a chance to play [/I]:( Can this be fixed? Thank you :D Jay

[QUOTE=FBPro-Fan;510161]This is also a problem for other 10 and 12-team conferences that split into 2 Divisions - and yet they do not even let teams play every team [I]in their own Division[/I] so one could lose a spot in a Conference Championship Game because they are tied with the team [I]that they did not even get a chance to play [/I][/quote] I was aware of the Pac Ten issue in BBCF of not playing the round robin, but I have not noticed any problems with teams split into divisions not playing everyone in their own division. Can anyone else confirm this? Also, I'd like to see the glitch fixed where teams sometimes end up playing each other at the same site for multiple years in a row.

• 1 month later...
10 team conferences by rule can not split into two divisions and hold a conference championship game. 12 team conferences that are split into the divisions should work properly with all teams in division being played. When the game was released the Pac-10 was not playing a full round robin, and no conference was playing more than 8 conference games. But you may be able to resolve the issue by manually scheduling the 9th conference game in the database (stats, see the Scheduled Matchups table) manually, you won't be able to do it in game.

Scott, I can confirm this as a non-issue in 12 team split conferences. It is an issue in 10 team split conferences, but that is a setup that the game does not support as released, so I wouldn't call that a 'bug' either. Ditto for the PAC10 issue. It didn't come in the game, so it can't be called a bug. FWIW, I don't think manually scheduling the 9th conference game is an option either b/c you don't know which teams need scheduling til the schedule is out. Course you could copy the league and sim forward to see the schedule, then go back to the original league and hard code the 9th games.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived