Question about the Graphics....

I agree that a good looking interface that is efficient is a must when someone pays 34.95 for a text based simulation although thats where the line ends. I don't think even the prettiest of the FiSpi screenshots will make the general gamer say "wow" next to other commercial products like Day Of Reckoning or Smackdown vs Raw. People who generally buy games first based on screenshots rather than features or any info about the game usually is not the target audience for simulations to begin with (which is why text based sims are mostly a niche market). The main concern for these type of games has to be gameplay, depth, features, and then graphics. To me these type of games kind of remind me of the "roguelike" community. For 20+ years there have been people obsessed with these ASCII games that offer only letters and symbols for graphics (or simple tiles) yet what hooks these people have been the gameplay and exploration. Also many roguelikes are superior to their graphical cousins that were inspired by them (diablo).

I was always curious on what it would take to make a wrestler picture editor. A couple of my more programming and graphical savant-type buddies said it wouldn't be an easy thing to make, but is definitely doable given the time and effort. Something like that would be completely amazing and could be used in all future games Adam would make.

[QUOTE=Nightshadeex]I was always curious on what it would take to make a wrestler picture editor. A couple of my more programming and graphical savant-type buddies said it wouldn't be an easy thing to make, but is definitely doable given the time and effort. Something like that would be completely amazing and could be used in all future games Adam would make.[/QUOTE] i would like to know this too because its quite a good question :D

As for the program involved in not necessarly open to answering that due to not having prior permission from adam but I can comment on a previous post about the rogue' like community. I completely agree that screenshots and trailers of the games visual presentation in action are a major selling point in todays venure but FiSpi's screens will definately break the mold of gameplay vs graphics. Its subtle yet brilliant use of imagery will undoubtedly become one of its main selling points. I guarantee you'll be left like this :eek: from the get go.

As for Nightshadeex's comments regarding a "wrestler picture editor" a program like this very well could be made. For reference check out [url]http://heromachine.com[/url] and view what they came up with for a online albeit basic character creator. Edit: After checking the site above I realized they have released a new upgraded "pay version" of their previous software. Free version 1.0 can be found here if anyone is interested [url]http://www.ugo.com/channels/freestyle/heroMachine/[/url]

sorry if im repeating whats already been said. so this is text based, but its going to have graphics? like moving graphics or stills? am i just going to read whats happening while it shows a lil picture of me and the guy im facing? im all confused here. so we'll actually SEE the wrestling as we click what to do? some help would definitly be appreciated.

Even text can be considered a "Grapic", so in a sence, it will have alot of Graphics. However, it will not be in 3D nor 2D. It has been said that they may be pictures of the moves themselfs... pictures. It will not be like Smackdown or Raw, it will be alot more like any other Text Based Game. It will have pictures, banners and more then likely a cool background, but otherwise... there's not really much to talk of. Hope this helped (I also hope that I am not off too much)

I completely understand where yours coming from and actually opinions like your helps spur movements in all sorts of positive directions. Its always better to not believe the hype and get knocked out by it then being overwhelmed with anticipation and being let down. After the screen shots or the game is in your hand do me a favor and recomment on your position on this subject if you will. Thanks, CBK

Archived