Question about the Graphics....

Since I haven't seen or heard much about the graphics, just what will the Wrestlers and game look like? Now, anyone that know's me know graphics mean nothing to me without game play (RAW 2) and I would rather have a game that looks like WCW vs the World as long as the game play is in order and everything was well done. I stumbled upon this game last night and I'm stoked for it like crazy. I don't even have the full version of TEW yet. Anyway, if you could comment somewhat and give us a little hint. thanks Adam, Monk....

NEVER thought I'd see Monkboon, a Fire Pro/KOC/Puroresu afficionado, in here. This guy's respected in the Japanese wrestling games community, believe me. A good, knowledgeable poster, he is. Proves Adam's work is reaching unchartered areas :-) And welcome, Monk! And yes, FiSpi will knock your socks off. The farthest anyone has ever gone with that genre. The best in the genre was Edge Of Survival and FiSpi will blow it away like the atom bomb blew away that tomato can. And I just LOVE that name. Fighting Spirit!!! So good I could have came up with it. What makes men, wrestlers. What makes wrestlers, fighters. What makes a fighter, a legend. This is what it is all about, this intangible inside of you that keeps you asking for more, this is what champions are made of, and this game is all about it.

That's the wanted effect. Actually, there's two wanted effects. The full title is Fighting Spirit: From Rookie To Legend. "Fighting Spirit" is both strong and exotic, which is the game really. People that have mostly played arcade wrestling games or straight promotion sims are in for something real good and at the same time, new. One thing that FiSpi isn't is a "Me Too" game. Nowadays, the video game industry suffers from the "Me Too" syndrome a whole lot. When something comes out and works, you'll have a dozen copycats coming out and that's not even counting the creators of the originals releasing the same game across multiple console and making sequels that are pretty much the same game with a different coat of paint. This isn't it. "From Rookie To Legend" is really straight forward. Playing the main mode in FiSpi, which is named the same as the subtitle, you'll try to go from an unknown rookie to be a legend. (In fact, we've kept the coat of paint. The Cornellverse, as Adam calls it and it's a good name considering the very intimate relation between Adam and Tommy Cornell, who as you know is one of the greatest wrestlers ever, and Tommy's importance in the wrestling world as we know it, is a constant between TEW and FiSpi. I think that if you've took time to create hundreds of different characters and entities, it would be foolish to just discard it all. You've got a base, work on it. Put flesh on bones. Make it evolve. People talk about copyrights and how Wah Wah We can't be in Adam's commercial releases. Well I say that Adam and the team can be as creative as Wah Wah We writers everyday. Might not be obvious to Hollywood writers, but wrestling isn't all that hard to figure out. I've got so much energy! This new beginning with new company, FiSpi going public....another chapter starts!!

Yes, it's text based. Basically, as far as my understanding goes, there'll be a list of moves that you can pick from on the side of the screen, and there'll be somewhere that describes what's going on in the match - what move is being used, how well it was performed, etc. - I'm not sure whether that's right, but we'll find who when we get our beedy eyes on some screenshots :D

[QUOTE=Phil Parent]NEVER thought I'd see Monkboon, a Fire Pro/KOC/Puroresu afficionado, in here. This guy's respected in the Japanese wrestling games community, believe me. A good, knowledgeable poster, he is. Proves Adam's work is reaching unchartered areas :-) And welcome, Monk! [/QUOTE] Why,Thank You. And I'm glad to be here (in a JBL confused voice: Where are we?) and this games sounds awesome. I just found TEW a couple of nights ago and a link away, I find this. I must add, I have been taking heat for hyping this game up on other boards and pointing people in this direction. I have the utmost respect for Adam, MD ickie and anyone else that has the talent and courage to make a quality product and push the envelope. I hope to one day be in that position as I am now taking Game Art & Design at ITT-Tech. I was hyped for KOC II, but I must admit, I'm more hyped for Fighting Spirits. I guess I have vented my frustration for gaming companies not coming with the full package, but just minimal upgrades from year to year. My money is on Adams game and if TEW in any indication, Fighting Spirits will be another must own Wrestling game that lives up to the hype, Monk....

[QUOTE=Ricky "CBK" Hawes]I am one of the graphic artists involved with FiSpi and I can personally guarantee that no one will be disappointed. This game will blow TEW out of the water in terms of its display of graphics.[/QUOTE] Cool stuff, any chance that every wrestler will have his own picture? :confused:

[QUOTE=Scott McFly]Nice one, Ricky! Not to say TEW's graphics were bad (they did the job well enough), but they could certainly be improved on. Just looking at the new TPB screens goes to show what can be done. :)[/QUOTE] Wow were you ever right, those pictures look amazing! I hope that FiSpi looks that good :D

[QUOTE=Unregistered]Cool stuff, any chance that every wrestler will have his own picture? :confused:[/QUOTE] The game is compatible with KK and Dean's original data pictures that were released on the TEW board, so they can be used. I know that isn't every character, but it's a large number nonetheless. The game was designed specifically to work with them, so they fit in perfectly.

[QUOTE=Ricky "CBK" Hawes]I am one of the graphic artists involved with FiSpi and I can personally guarantee that no one will be disappointed. This game will blow TEW out of the water in terms of its display of graphics.[/QUOTE]I also was involved with FiSpi graphically and agree the graphics are a huge improvement over TEW. I think you'll all be pleasently suprised :) Dean

[QUOTE=forlan]As much as i'm glad the graphics will be better than TEW, I feel as with TEW I myself am more bothered about the gameplay. I'd choose gameplay over graphics anyday for any game. forlan[/QUOTE] Same here. This game sounds extremely detailed, and it should have incredible depth.

I know people always say "gameplay over graphics", but if a game looks really bad it puts people off. In my oppinion, both are equally important. If a game is amazing graphics, people will but it because of how good it looks - look at Doom 3 - because you can't really tell how the gameplay is going to be by looking at it. If a game has bad graphics, first impressions will say that it looks bad, it plays bad.

Ah... but taking Doom 3 as the example; once you read a review that states how bad the gameplay is, you are less inclined to buy it - no matter the graphics. As FiSpi is a text-based game, 'gameplay over graphics' is a mantra that can not be overlooked. Take Title Bout Championship Boxing, for example, the graphics to that game are ideal for the genre (imo); stylized and minimalistic.

Not necessarily, not everyone reads magazines - if someone has seen a screenshot of a game and thinks "wow", they are more likely to want to buy the game when it comes out. If someone doesn't bother forking out £5 for a PC games magazine, or don't have Internet, they probably won't read a review and still buy the same - besides, I didn't think that Doom 3's gameplay was that bad.

Archived