Sort of technical question...

Ok, a star of mine got an offer from a promotion I'm at war with, because I forgot to set his contract as written in the database, so I editted it and fixed his contract, but the other company signed him anyway, so he's supposed to go to them now (the whole 'war' thing and all... Plus they had him on written.) Just say I was to switch his contract with them to 'Short Term', and just make his contract with me last longer, would he still have to leave?

[QUOTE=G-Prime;519630]Ok, a star of mine got an offer from a promotion I'm at war with, because I forgot to set his contract as written in the database, so I editted it and fixed his contract, but the other company signed him anyway, so he's supposed to go to them now (the whole 'war' thing and all... Plus they had him on written.) Just say I was to switch his contract with them to 'Short Term', and just make his contract with me last longer, would he still have to leave?[/QUOTE] if you edited his contract with you so that he has more than 7 days left or whatever, after his contract begins with the other company he should still be signed with you. then you can just edit his contract with the other company so that it only has one day left and then he will leave them. and only be signed with you.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;519666]That's what I thought, I just wanted to double check before I continued with my game... He's kind of essential to my dynasty for the next few months, at least...[/QUOTE] There is a chance than when his contract is up, you may not be able to resign him, as he'll already be set to leaving you. Not 100% sure, so by the time his contract is up, make sure you have an out if he decides to leave.

Archived