CZCW '97 - A Coastal Zone even back then

September: [B]CZCW On TV[/B] South West (attendance 1,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Flex & Pecs beat Enrique Sanchez and Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] in 7.01 (D) Guide and Troy Tornado hyped their title match (D-) [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Animals (c) beat Guide and Troy Tornado[/COLOR] in 13.58 (D+) Joey Flame told Sammy Bach that he was coming down to the ring with him for his match with Scarlett Samurai, and he’s be looking for answers (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Scarlett Samurai beat Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 7.41 with a Samurai Snap DDT (D-) -Both men were off their game, and Flame’s shouts at Samurai eventually put Bach off Samurai raced out of the ring, and was chased out back by Joey Flame (E+) [B]Tayler Morton (c) drew with Spanish Superfly[/B] in 12.47 (C+) -Very competitive, until the lights went, and by the time they were back up both men had been bloodbathed [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] That was a short and sweet write up considering we had a superb Main Event, another title match and a double bloodbath. Joey Flame announced that he’s going to wind down to retirement, which is just as well as I was never going to renew his short term contract, and now I don’t have to hurt his feelings. Still not enough to bulk out a post, so how about another show? [B]CZCW On TV[/B] Mid South (attendance 142) Sammy Bach beat Chris Perkins in 5.58 with a Back On Your Back (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Flex & Pecs beat The Gilbert Brothers, Enrique Sanchez and Flying Jimmy Foxx and Masked Rebel and Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] in 9.49 when Pecs pinned Sanchez (E+) -Flex & Pecs will receive a title shot a a later date after this result Joey Flame came down to the ring and called out Scarlett Samurai – he lost him backstage last week and he was convinced he was the one who brought the Main Event to a halt (E) [COLOR="blue"]Joey Flame beat Scarlett Samurai[/COLOR] in 6.37 by DQ (D-) -The DQ came when Flame was attacked by someone wearing the same get up as Scarlett Samurai… but in black The two men continued to attack Flame until Tayler Morton and Spanish Superfly ran out for the save, and the two men headed backstage. Morton and Superfly tried to follow, but were forced to stay by the ref for their match (E-) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton and Spanish Superfly beat Troy Tornado and Guide[/COLOR] in 12.43 when Superfly pinned Guide (C-) As the match ended Scarlett and Black Samurai came out of the wrestlers’ entrance, and Morton and Superfly went straight after them. The lights momentarily blinked out, and the Samurai’s were gone, leaving the faces frustrated (F+) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Joe Gilbert and Flying Jimmy Foxx sign new deals.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]CZCW On TV[/B] Northern Mexico (attendance 187) Cheap show tonight, focusing on Spanish talent: [COLOR="Blue"]Human Arsenal beat Richard Blood[/COLOR] in 8.45 with an Ammo Dump (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Pecs beat Enrique Sanchez[/COLOR] in 6.54 with a Catalan Twist (E+) Sammy Bach and Whippy the Clown hyped up their match with the two Samurais as their chance for revenge on Tayler Morton’s behalf (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Night Fires (aka The Samurais) beat Sammy Bach and Whippy the Clown[/COLOR] when Black pinned Bach (D) -The mysterious Black Samurai is going with the simple Moonsault for a finisher at the moment Spanish Superfly came out and cut a promo. The audience understood it, but I no speaky Spanish (C) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] in 10.50 with a Superfly Splash (D) -They didn’t click. It’ll be a while before I find a reason for Tij so Main Event again [I]Overall Rating D[/I] Richard Blood signs a new deal, and we make yet another signing. It’s Awesome Thunder on a short term deal. Fantastic? Well, it would be if he didn’t have a shattered knee, and will not step foot in a ring for 7 months. No, I didn’t notice that. [B]CZCW On TV[/B] South West (attendance 1,844) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Chris Perkins[/COLOR] in 7.49 with a Braun Damage (D+) Joey Flame cut a promo backstage telling Night Fire that he had found someone to team with him next week to defeat them – Tayler Morton (D) [COLOR="blue"]Night Fire beat Primal Rage and Dog Fyte[/COLOR] in 6.49 when Scarlett pinned Rage (D-) -Yep, we’ve still got Dog Fyte (he had a long contract to start the game). Rolled him out for a job [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Dragons (c) beat Flex & Pecs[/COLOR] in 13.43 when Snappy rolled up Flex (D+) Not too impressed with the defeat, Flex & Pecs went for the post match beatdown (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton (c) beat Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 11.58 with a Rain Bomb (C) Night Fire once more appeared by the wrestlers’ entrance… but were not expecting Joey Flame to attack them from behind, and they ended up scurrying away for safety (E) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] Clark Alexander, Sammy Bach, Rock Downpour all sign new deal deals – Sammy Bach putting his down to his good friendship with Joe Gilbert.

October: [B]CZCW On TV[/B] Mid South (attendance 265) [COLOR="Blue"]Alex Braun beat Enrique Sanchez[/COLOR] in 6.58 with a Braun Damage (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Flex beat Fox Mask[/COLOR] in 7.54 after a Pecs interfered (D-) Joey Flame cut a promo of how he and Morton would rid CZCW of the new evil that has appeared, but was cut off by Braun who told the veteran to cease his self righteous nonsense (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 13.01 with a Superfly Splash (C) -Arsenal’s role is losing to Main Eventers at the moment, but he’s doing the role justice Flame came out with Morton, psyching up the champion (E-) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton and Joey Flame beat Night Fires[/COLOR] in 14.35 by DQ (D) -A competitive match, which Morton and Flame eventually took control of… when Alex Braun joined in on the heels side The beatdown was completed, leaving Braun to take the match and declare himself the mastermind of the whole operation, making sure he had others to do his work at Wave of Fury when he had an alibi. He mocked Flame for getting nowhere near the truth, and said that he will finish him in the ring next week (E) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] At last our heel group is complete. Alex Braun and… Black Samurai as we’ll call him for now were always planned for the group, while Scarlett Samurai became a late addition, and a useful tag partner for… Black Samurai. Guide, Flex and Scarlett Samurai all sign new deals. [B]CZCW On TV[/B] South West (attendance 1,000) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton and Whippy the Clown beat The Gilbert Brothers[/COLOR] in 6.47 when Morton pinned Jesse (D+) Tag champion promo – apparently they like ladders (D-) [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Animals (c) beat Flex & Pecs[/COLOR] in a ladder match in 9.57 (D+) Alex Braun rips into Joey Flame as an old has been… which is fairly accurate, as he’s officially retired now, but being rolled out for a couple of matches (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Joey Flame[/COLOR] in 6.56 with a Braun Damage (D) Braun is joined in the ring by Night Fires, reminding Flame how he prophesised ridding CZCW of the new evil, and how he’s failed (D) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark and Spanish Superfly beat Night Fires[/COLOR] in 13.45 after Shark pinned Mr Black (C-) -Alex Braun went for his customary interference, but was held back by Morton, and a distracted Black Samurai was rolled up by Silver Shark The show ended with a nice 3 vs 3 fight. I wonder what next weeks Main Event will be? (D) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I]

[B]CZCW On TV[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Sammy Bach beat Clark Alexander, Dog Fyte and Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] in 7.15 when Bach pinned Foxx (D) As Bach celebrated Dog Fyte dropped him with a clothesline (E) [COLOR="blue"]Guide beat Chris Perkins and Primal Rage[/COLOR] in 6.37 when Guide pinned Perkins (D) -Perkins and Rage were at one another throats for some reason, with Guide finding it easy to feast on the remains Guide and Troy Tornado cut a quick promo solidifying their friendship (D) [COLOR="blue"]Whippy the Clown beat Troy Tornado[/COLOR] in 10.59 with a Joke’s On You (C-) -Good chemistry – why’s it taken 20 months for me to match these two up? Braun and the Night Fires hyped their match (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun and Night Fires beat Tayler Morton, Joey Flame and Silver Shark[/COLOR] in 12.43 when Braun pinned Shark (D+) -Open competitive match, but a double misting from the Night Fires turned the tables in their favour Alex Braun cut a promo demanding a title shot (C-) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Human Arsenal joins SCCW [B]CZCW On TV[/B] Mid South (attendance 253) Sammy Bach beat Joe Gilbert in 6.47 with a Back on Your Back (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Fox Mask [/COLOR]in 8.52 (D) -Assisted by Black and Scarlett Samurai Joey Flame came out for his match with Black Samurai, got into an argument with Braun where the word “retirement” was mentioned more than once (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai beat Joey Flame[/COLOR] in 10.39 with a Moonsault (D-) -Assists again to Scarlett Samurai and Braun A 3 vs 1 beatdown into retirement, until Spanish Superfly stopped it by coming out for his match with Scarlett Samurai (E) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Scarlett Samurai[/COLOR] in 11.35 (D+) -Fox Mask and Sammy Bach came to Superfly’s aid when Braun and Black Samurai came down to the ring, allowing the Mexican to grab the win Braun attacked Superfly after the match, declaring that he’s never take his title shot (E+) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] And so disappears Joey Flame, having not really added anything to CZCW in his three month tenure. Black Samurai got a slight boost out of his departure. And I’m now glad that I never made a move for Scout – he’s joined BHOTWG on a written deal. Will he ever team with Guide again?

CZCW hired Joey Flame in my '97 game also; He's been rackin up E to E+ matches only. I'm also a bit surprised of the CZCW as they have .. Mm.. (Starts to count).. [B]35 wrestlers in their roster[/B], they just jumped to Regional and gained a TV-deal (Feb '98)

[QUOTE=FINisher;555310]CZCW hired Joey Flame in my '97 game also; He's been rackin up E to E+ matches only. I'm also a bit surprised of the CZCW as they have .. Mm.. (Starts to count).. [B]35 wrestlers in their roster[/B], they just jumped to Regional and gained a TV-deal (Feb '98)[/QUOTE] Seems like I'm following destiny - same time getting a TV deal, same decision to hire Flame and then wonder how he ever made it. At least I'm nowhere near 35 wrestlers. November: BHOTWG fall back down to Cult, losing the National battle to GCG and SWF. Tayler Morton went 1-7 on the tour, having donned a mysterious mask. Meanwhile UCR are sinking fast, losing both money and popularity. [B]CZCW On TV[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Dog Fyte beat Chris Perkins and Primal Rage[/COLOR] in 7.26 when Fyte pinned Perkins (D-) -Once more Rage and Perkins brawled with one another ignoring the other person in the match [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado beat Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] in 6.11 with a Star Maker (D+) -Great chemistry – Tornado’s having a good few weeks Tornado and Guide cut a promo against Whippy the Clown, declaring his victory over Tornado last week a fluke (D) [COLOR="blue"]Guide beat Whippy the Clown[/COLOR] in 10.45 after Tornado interfered (D) Alex Braun cut a promo on the cowardice on others – Morton for resting up after a trip to Japan, Superfly to chose to work a show in Mexico tonight. He warned Superfly that next week CZCW was coming to Mexico, and he’s defeat Superfly on his own turf, and then move onto Morton (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun and Night Fires beat Sammy Bach and The Flying Animals[/COLOR] in 15.55 when Samurai pinned Bach (D+) -With an assist from Dog Fyte (we’re slowing working towards a match between him and Bach) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Pecs signs with SCCW, Sammy Bach goes to NEW, while I give Dog Fyte yet another warning about his backstage attitude. [B]CZCW On TV[/B] Northern Mexico (attendance 300) [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach and Tayler Morton beat Tijuana Vampire and Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 7.59 when Morton pinned Tij (D-) Alex Braun cuts a promo on Morton, but gets cut off by Superfly reminding him (in Spanish) that he should be concentrating on him tonight (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Night Fires beat Flex & Pecs[/COLOR] in 6.31 (D) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Dog Fyte[/COLOR] in 7.03 after Bach attacked Fyte (D) Spanish Superfly cut a promo urging all his fans to get behind him tonight (C+) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Spanish Superfly[/COLOR] in 16.23 with his feet on the ropes (C-) -We did our best to keep Superfly as strong as possible with Night Fires making an appearance and Braun cheating to win Braun taunted Morton, telling him the countdown to Year in Review is on – the countdown till the end of Morton’s title reign (E) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] I have a worker signed away from me, and it’s the one I’m least worried about. Enrique Sanchez will also be leaving next month after being far too greedy for a man with a 0-30 record. We do, however, resign Alex Braun. Hmmm, interesting to see politics at work. One day Victoria Stone announces how much she gets on with Kit Hatoyama, the next day V wins the title off Kit.

[B]CZCW On TV[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Tayler Morton (c) beat Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] in a non title match in 5.20 (D+) Alex Braun came out continue the countdown until Morton lost his title (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat Dog Fyte[/COLOR] in 11.13 with a Back On Your Back (D) Dog Fyte went after Bach after the match – but Bach sidestepped, and Dog Fyte charged headfirst into the ring post. He was knocked unconscious, and had to be stretchered out of the arena (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 11.15 with a Braun Damage (C) Night Fires joined Alex Braun, and he hyped their title shot (D) [COLOR="blue"]Night Fires beat Snap Dragon and Fox Mask (c)[/COLOR] in 15.18 when Scarlett pinned Fox (D+) -The Tag Titles changed hands with an able assistance from Alex Braun, attacking Snap Dragon so he couldn’t be tagged in. [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] I think that’s a first in this diary – an overall rating higher than the Main Event. Dog Fyte is the worker to leave, joining Super Joshuya at GCG… and I’m not bothered in the slightest (apart from having to bring forward Bach vs Fyte that was originally scheduled for Year in Review). DISASTER! I bring forward Night Fires winning the Tag Titles from Year in Review, and then Scarlett Samurai goes and gets a major concussion while working a BBW show (damned them!). Ironically it came in a match against our very own Whippy the Clown. It leaves my plans… in tatters. Tayler Morton is to tour with Hinote Dojo, and it seems one day he might make it big in Japan. Human Arsenal gets a large contract rise, but his talents (if not push) deserve it. Time for my last TV show before my contract runs out – let’s try to make it a good ‘un: [B]CZCW On TV[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="blue"]Chris Perkins drew with Primal Rage[/COLOR] in 3.01 following a double DQ (E+) -Action quickly spilled from the ring, where for some reason both men started grabbing whatever they could to throw at one another, and the ref threw the match out. Interestingly, this is the first ever match Perkins hasn’t lost. Troy Tornado and Guide came out saying that as Scarlett Samurai was injured the Tag Titles were up for grabs, and they were putting themselves in the line. The Flying Dragons came out… then Flex & Pecs… then The Gilbert Brothers, and its non-title match time (D-) [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Dragons beat Troy Tornado and Guide, Flex & Pecs and The Gilbert Brothers [/COLOR]in 9.36 (D) -Elimination where the Gilberts went first, then Flex & Pecs, before Snap Dragon got the winning pin on Guide. Alex Braun was backstage with Black Samurai, who was holding both titles. Braun cut a quick promo to say that the Tag Titles were not available, but refused to elaborate (D) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Whippy the Clown and Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 8.58 when Sharky pinned Arsenal (C-) Braun came out to say that losing an ally would not hurt him – it was inner strength that would win him the SoCal Championship next month (C) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton and Spanish Superfly beat Alex Braun and Black Samurai[/COLOR] in 13.50 when Morton pinned Black Samurai (C) -Open, but with no Scarlett Samurai to give any assistance Braun and Black Samurai took a rare loss [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] Ah, my last TV show, and at last I roll out all the big guns, to a great deal of success. I go on and sign a whole load of workers in preparation for regularly running larger shows (not sure that I needed any, but hey). Once more I approach the unemployed Ramon Paez, and once more he asks for too much cash. Enrique Sanchez leaves, going 0-31 and never bettering several “D” rated matches. Announced for [B]CZCW Year in Review 1998[/B]: Chris Perkins vs Primal Rage in a hardcore match Whippy the Clown, Sammy Bach and The Flying Animals vs The Gilbert Brothers and Flex & Pecs Silver Shark vs Human Arsenal Spanish Superfly vs Black Samurai Tayler Morton (c) vs Alex Braun

[B]CZCW Year in Review 1998:[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) As we had some TV footage, we showed some highlights from the last year (D+) [COLOR="Blue"]Clark Alexander beat Flying Jimmy Foxx, Tijuana Vampire and Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 8.43 when Alexander pinned Rebel (D-) Guide and Troy Tornado came out saying that they were confused – they were booked against Hybrid tonight, and had no idea who they were. New signing Peregrino Soto and Richard Blood turned out to be the answer (D) [COLOR="blue"]Guide and Troy Tornado beat Hybrid [/COLOR]in 10.34 when Guide pinned Blood (D) -Guess what? Soto and Blood have zero chemistry as partners. That was the only reason I hired Soto... Post match beatdown of Blood, Soto flew to the rescue (E) [COLOR="blue"]Primal Rage beat Chris Perkins[/COLOR] in a hardcore match in 7.40 with a Wake Up Call (E+) -The two men battered one another, and after pinning Perkins Rage looked down on his opponent with wild eyes, before leaving the ring Whippy, Sammy, Foxy and Snappy hyped the next match (D-) [COLOR="Blue"]Whippy the Clown, Sammy Bach and The Flying Animals beat The Gilbert Brothers and Flex & Pecs[/COLOR] in 13.31 when Bach pinned Jesse (D+) -If any match was a forgone conclusion, it was this one Silver Shark hyped his battle with Human Arsenal (D) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Human Arsenal [/COLOR]in 17.17 with a Jaws of Life (C-) -There you go infinity – you asked for this rematch from… over a year ago, and you got it. But it wasn’t as good this time round. Possibly as I’ve never let Arsenal get any momentum Clark Alexander came out and claimed that he was a winner, and he should be Black Samurai’s next partner. Samurai came out with both tag titles, but blanked Alexander completely (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Black Samurai [/COLOR]in 22.44 with a Superfly Splash (C+) -Whoo – what happened here? Incredible match which either man could have won, but Alexander returned to get his revenge on Samurai, pushing him from the top rope Alex Braun came out and claimed the countdown was almost over – the Morton era was about to end (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun beat Tayler Morton (c)[/COLOR] in 17.32 with a Braun Damage (C) -Numerous nearfalls, just one Black Samurai interference, which was enough A new SoCal Champion, Braun 5th reign ending Morton’s 15 month run, led to a deserved (if not appreciated) celebration (C-) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] Well, there you go – after 9 months of dodgy TV shows, we can still put on a decent two and a half hour event, which contained our best match ever (Spanish Superfly over Black Samurai). That Trenton Evenrud has ended up in jail is no real surprise – the fact it’s 15 years for murder is. I don’t think we’ll ever see him in wrestling again. In less exciting news, ref Shane Stones re-signs.

Two shows before the year’s out: [B]CZCW This is How We Do It[/B] Mid South (attendance 214) [COLOR="Blue"]Primal Rage beat Peregrino Soto[/COLOR] in 6.42 with a Wake Up Call (E) [COLOR="blue"]The Gilbert Brothers beat Tijuana Vampire and Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 11.25 when Jesse pinned Rebel (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Richard Blood beat Chris Perkins[/COLOR] in 7.47 with an Ice Breaker (D-) -The win came after Primal Rage (somehow unseen) blasted Perkins with a trash can lid After the match Rage threw a trash can into the ring, and drove Perkins through it (F) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal beat Hell Monkey[/COLOR] in 13.36 with a roll up (D+) -A debut for Hell Monkey, and he didn’t disappoint, living up to his reputation as a tough fighter. Arsenal still sneaked the win though Clark Alexander once more demanded to become Black Samurai’s new partner, and joined the commentary team for his match (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai beat Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] in 8.49 with a Moonsault (D) Black Samurai went up to Clark Alexander… and misted him. Instead of just saying “no” (F+) Alex Braun came out with his title, mocking Morton for not even being in the arena, and announcing that his reign would outlive Morton’s (D) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun (c) beat Snap Dragon [/COLOR]in a non-title match in 17.47 with a Braun Damage (D) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] MOTN to Hell Monkey? I’m impressed. [B]CZCW On Tour[/B] Northen Mexico (attendance 300) [COLOR="blue"]Tijuana Vampire beat Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] in 4.57 with a Vampire’s Bite (D) -That’s good chemistry [COLOR="Blue"]Flex & Pecs beat Hybrid[/COLOR] in 9.37 when Pecs pinned Soto (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Guide[/COLOR] in 13.07 with a Jaws of Life (D+) Silver Shark and Morton passed, with Shark geeing up the ex-champion (E) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat Hell Monkey [/COLOR]in 12.19 with a Rain Bomb (D+) -That monkey continues to impress Clark Alexander told Black Samurai that he’d pay for not utilising his talents (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai beat Clark Alexander[/COLOR] in 8.34 with a Moonsault (D) -Black Samurai… didn’t regret anything Spanish Superfly and Sammy Bach came out, showing one another a huge amount of respect before their match (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 16.37 with a Superfly Splash (C) And to continue the respect, the show ended with a handshake (D+) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] A successful end to the year, and one more wrestler leaves. That’s the injured Awesome Thunder. Thank goodness we never agreed a downside.

1998 – Looking Back Wrestler of the Year – [B]Sam Keith [/B](2) Young Wrestler of the Year – [B]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/B] Female Wrestler of the Year – [B]Sensational Ogiwara [/B](2) Veteran Wrestler of the Year – [B]Alex Pierce[/B] Promotion of the Year – [B]SWF [/B](2) Most Improved Promotion of the Year – [B]GCG [/B](2) Match of the Yeat – [B]Sam Keith beat Alex Pierce [/B](A*) Show of the Year – [B]SWF Supreme TV[/B] CZCW (or ex, but worked in 1998) wrestlers in the Top 100 –Pablo Rodriguez (#30), Spanish Superfly (#45), Super Joshuya (#77) and Dog Fyte (#86) Wait, what? Dog Fyte? Well, he was doing well at NOTBPW, but now at GCG (as Darryl Freeman) he’s only had two matches, losing them both. He won’t be happy. Sam Strong made Hall of Immortals, and a whole host of veterans retired. Jim Force, Washichi Inao, Natsu Miyamae, Fukusaburu Inao, Eisaku Hoshino, Yosuke Narita, Mastericco, The Awesome Kiyaru, Scarlett Samurai and Koji Kojima may never be the same after the serious injuries they suffered. The year where Dread left HGC and joined the largest Japanese promotion in the world, GCG. Liberty also leaves, leaving HGC lacking going into 1999 a) a World Champion (Dread defended it successfully against Liberty in the last show of the year), and b) the star power to push them to National (they’re close, but not close enough. The year with two drug scandals in Mexico (Lorenzo Blanco and Decimalo), jail terms for Salty Larry and Trenton Everund. The year when Alex Braun finally managed to end Tayler Morton’s SoCal Championship reign. The year where the Tag Titles changed hands three times, but are currently in the hands of someone on the disabled list. The year when CZCW went on TV, and put on a bunch of substandard shows that didn’t do the roster justice. Up Next – 1999. As the world starts to worry about Y2K, can we put on some decent shows?

[B]1998[/B] January: New goal time – must rise above my current ranking in two years. Unfortunately I made a really good job of this goal last time, and finished the year as the 13th biggest promotion in the world. Sometime in the next two years we’re going to have to go back on TV to keep up this growth. For now though, we’re going to concentrate in the US. We re-sign Pecs, and a newcomer signs on at CZCW. [B]CZCW New Year Rising[/B] South West (attendance 1,928) It’s a use the whole roster night (except a tag team to shortly debut), and we start with a debut. It’s Queen Emily, who announces that fans everywhere will be able to hear her on any CZCW DVD they purchase from 1999, as she’ll be joining Cliff Anderson and Rock Downpour in the announce booth. But she has a further announcement – the Tag Titles are being held up due to Scarlett Samurai’s injury, and there will be an eight team tournament to crown the new champions (E+) [COLOR="Blue"]Whippy the Clown beat Primal Rage[/COLOR] in 8.08 with a Joke’s On You (D) -I was not expecting a D out of this match [COLOR="blue"]Clark Alexander won a 10 Man Battle Royale[/COLOR], eliminating Flex and Flying Jimmy Foxx at 11.25 (D-) -The match also included Pecs, Tijuana Vampire, Masked Rebel, The Gilbert Brothers, Peregrino Soto and a debuting E.M.M. Moe (who most of the crowd thought was Vin Tanner) [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado beat Fox Mask[/COLOR] in 11.57 with a Star Maker (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Richard Blood beat Chris Perkins [/COLOR]in 5.31 with a Blood Blow (D-) After the match Primal Rage was out once more, but this time Chris Perkins took the initiative. He grabbed a chair and blasted Rage several times, leaving Rage looking stunned (E-) Troy Tornado came out with Guide and hyped their entry into the Tag Tournament – and also declared that if Guide beat Snap Dragon there would be no point the former champions entering the competition (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Snap Dragon beat Guide[/COLOR] in 14.23 with a Dragon’s Breath (D) -Both partners were about, but it didn’t hide the underlying psychology problems the two were having as the match wore on. However, rest assured The Flying Animals will be in the Tag Tournament [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Hell Monkey[/COLOR] in 11.32 with a Jaws of Life (C-) -This Hell Monkey is something, isn’t he? The competitors were out for the Main Event, cue lots of pushing, jawing, and shenanigans before the match begun (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton, Sammy Bach and Spanish Superfly beat Alex Braun, Black Samurai and Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 22.34 when Morton pinned Black Samurai (C-) Overall Rating D+

[B]CZCW This Is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 1,827) [COLOR="Blue"]Chris Perkins beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 6.27 (D) -We struck very lucky here with great chemistry in what could have been a match to forget. There was an unlikely assist from Primal Rage, and Perkins got his first ever win in CZCW Primal Rage entered the ring ensuring a tense stand off between him and Perkins, but it was ended when E.M.M. Moe got between then and got a beating (E-) [COLOR="blue"]The Fly Boys beat Tijuana Vampire and Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 10.14 when Donnie pinned Rebel (D-) After their debut win The Fly Boys took the mic, and did a bizarre “Dude, where’s my surfboard routine”. I think it’d be funny if you were stoned (E+) Clark Alexander came to the ring disgusted that Black Samurai seems to have picked Human Arsenal as his new partner, and he would do all he could to prove him wrong – by pinning Arsenal right now (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal beat Clark Alexander[/COLOR] in 11.31 with an Ammo Dump (D+) -It was an empty threat After the match Black Samurai came down to the ring to raise Human Arsenal’s arm, and we seem to have another entrant to the Tag Tournament (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat Richard Blood[/COLOR] in 10.45 with a Rain Bomb (D+) Whippy and Sammy hyped the Main Event (D) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun and Black Samurai beat Whippy the Clown and Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 19.20 when Black Samurai pinned Bach (C-) -The assist here was from Human Arsenal on Bach, firmly showing that he’s joined the cause The post match beatdown ended when Tayler Morton made the save. Queen Emily pointed out how he’s still got a rematch with Braun for the SoCal Championship – unfortunately he hasn’t got the mic ability to say it himself (D) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Tijuana Vampire signs with recently opened MHW. They’ve also signed former CZCW worker Enrique Sanchez, and we resign our Road Agent Mayhem Midden. [B]CZCW This is How We Do It[/B] Mid South (attendance ???) [COLOR="blue"]Richard Blood beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 8.08 with a Blood Blow (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Rage & Perkins beat Tijuana Vampire and Masked Rebel [/COLOR]when Rage pinned Rebel (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado beat Peregrino Soto[/COLOR] in 12.43 with a Star Maker (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai beat Pecs[/COLOR] in 9.17 with a Moonsault (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Hell Monkey[/COLOR] in 14.03 with a Superfly Splash (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal beat Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 14.51 (D) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] No confirmation of attendance as I somehow booked two shows for the same day. Fine time to go to the Mid South.: [B]CZCW On Tour[/B] Mid South (attendance 300) [COLOR="blue"]Primal Rage beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 5.54 with a Wake Up Call (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Pecs beat Peregrino Soto[/COLOR] in 10.33 with a Catalan Twist (E-) -No chemistry at all [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado beat Chris Perkins[/COLOR] in 9.21 with a Star Maker (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat Richard Blood [/COLOR]in 12.08 with a Back on Your Back (D) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai and Human Arsenal beat Tijuana Vampire and Masked Rebel[/COLOR] when Arsenal pinned Tij (D) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Hell Monkey[/COLOR] in a ladder match in 15.49 (D+) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] I call that efficient use of my roster, using just one extra worker while keeping just one match the same (as I wanted to delivery one of my promised matches). The workers may call it slave labour, but I’m going to take next week off – that’s plenty of time for them to recover.

February: UCR go bust, and Jack Bruce signs for SWF. Masked Rebel and Spanish Superfly both join OLLIE. Oh, and we sign another worker, we might have to think about letting some people go when their contracts are up. [B]CZCW Leap Into Action[/B] South West (attendance 1,963) [COLOR="Blue"]Rage and Perkins beat Flying Jimmy Foxx and E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 7.50 when Rage pinned Moe (D-) -Perkins now has matching face paint to Primal Rage. All he needs now is a better name [COLOR="blue"]Donnie J beat Joe Gilbert[/COLOR] in 8.56 with a Death on Miami Beach (D-) -Plenty of singles warm up for the Tag Tournament tonight [COLOR="blue"]Fox Mask beat Peregrino Soto[/COLOR] in 9.28 with a Fox Hunter (D) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark and Spanish Superfly beat Tijuana Vampire and Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 13.47 when Sharky pinned Vamps (C) -Blimey, I think Tij and Masked Rebel were just in MOTN Alex Braun, Black Samurai and Human Arsenal come out, and it’s to announce the Tag Tournament kicking off next week, with Braun confident that his allies will keep the belt where it belongs. He also speculates that Morton has been scared to invoke his rematch clause, but is glad he’s finally invoked it tonight to get it out of the way – and he’s even gladder it’s a ladder match (D) [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado beat Jimmy P[/COLOR] in 7.32 with a Star Maker (D+) Troy Tornado cut a promo letting Braun know that the Tag competition is not a foregone conclusion for anyone – but he and Guide are the favourites (D) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai and Human Arsenal beat Clark Alexander and Whippy the Clown[/COLOR] in 13.56 when Samurai pinned Whippy (C-) Alex Braun hyped the Main Event, telling Morton that his involvement in the title fight will be over after tonight permanently (D) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun (c) beat Tayler Morton[/COLOR] in a ladder match in 18.47 (C+) -It swung both ways, but it was a debutant who interfered on Braun’s behalf – JD Morgan. Once he had pushed Morton from a ladder through a table, the match was effectively over Despite the fact Morton was motionless, Braun and Morgan threw a ladder on top of him, just to rub it in (D-) [I]Overall Rating C[/I] Well, that’s my new Best Match Ever booked, and helps Leap Into Action become my Best Show Ever booked. JD Morgan debuts, an unusual signing for me as he’s being used on the East Coast for DaVE (and ROF), but brings some name value to Mid South shows. Snap Dragon signs a new deal, and Guide goes on tour with BHOTWG where he’ll meet Scout (who has yet to wrestle for BHOTWG) again. Tayler Morton also signs up for another BHOTWG tour, once more donning the mask of Acid. Finally, Whippy the Clown and Flex join MPWF.

[QUOTE=foolinc;568570]Nice job on getting your best show ever with CZCW.[/QUOTE] Many thanks - anoyone would have though I'd purposely been doing a bad job with my TV shows. [B]CZCW This Is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 1,914) We kick off with the opening round of the Tag Team Tournament: [COLOR="Blue"]The Flying Animals beat Hybrid[/COLOR] in 9.35 to advance (D) [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado and Guide beat Rage & Perkins[/COLOR] in 11.47 to advance (D+) [COLOR="blue"]The Fly Boys beat The Gilbert Brothers[/COLOR] in 9.07 to advance (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai and Human Arsenal beat Flex & Pecs [/COLOR]in 13.06 to advance (C-) After the first round one by one each winning team made their case for why they would be crowned new champions in March (D) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 6.07 with a Jaws of Life (C-) Whippy and Sammy hyped the Main Event, claiming they would get revenge on the devastating damage done to Tayler Morton last week (D) [COLOR="blue"]JD Morgan and Alex Braun beat Whippy the Clown and Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 18.04 when Morgan submitted Whippy (D+) [I]Overall rating D+[/I] Hmm, hoped for much more from that Main Event. Oh well. One more show in February, and we’re going to Mexico, so the Tag Tournament will be put on hold. Jesse Gilbert signs a new deal (fine job of cutting the fat I’m doing). [B]CZCW On Tour[/B] Northern Mexico (attendance 155) [COLOR="blue"]Guide beat Primal Rage[/COLOR] in 6.26 with a Guided Missile (D) [COLOR="blue"]Hell Monkey beat Chris Perkins[/COLOR] in 6.51 with a Tumbling Monkey (D-) -[I]Didn’t click, which is a shame for CZCW historians[/I] [COLOR="blue"]Flex & Pecs beat Hybrid[/COLOR] in 14.06 (D) [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 11.12 with a Back On Your Back (D) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai beat Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] in 11.45 with a Moonsault (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Troy Tornado[/COLOR] in 16.36 with a Superfly Splash (C+) [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] It seems I’m liked in Mexico. Does help that the crowd really like Spanish Superfly (he’s up to B- popularity across the country). Silver Shark signs a new deal, and I’d forgotten what hard work negotiating with him can be. And there goes Cliff Anderson again, deciding that he doesn’t like Masked Rebel anymore. Well, I needed to trim fat, but I had a little soft spot for Masked Rebel – every promotion needs workers like him on the roster. Tijuana Vampire and Chris Perkins receive new contracts. And perhaps I won’t need to go back on TV – despite Hinote Dojo touring last month, I’ve slipped ahead of them into 12th place in the world.

March: [B]CZCW Gearing Up[/B] South West (attendance 1,988) [COLOR="Blue"]Clark Alexander beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 6.32 with an Ice Breaker (D-) -More good chemistry from Moe The Fly Boys came out to cut a promo, with one surfboard. They couldn’t agree whose surfboard it was though (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado and Guide beat The Fly Boys[/COLOR] in 8.40 to advance (D) [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Animals beat Black Samurai and Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 14.40 to advance (D+) -Hugely open match, but when Clark Alexander started brawling with Human Arsenal Black Samurai was left exposed. And lost Clark Alexander and Human Arsenal continued to fight… they’ll face off at Spring Break Bash (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach beat Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 5.08 with a Back On Your Back (D+) Sammy Bach cut a promo against the Braun Alliance and how they had just lost the Tag Team Titles, when Alex Braun and JD Morgan came out. Braun asked Bach what titles he had ever held, and told the impertinent youngster that until he actually wins something he should show a little respect. However, in the meantime as Black Samurai was free for Spring Break Bash he proposed a little Samurai vs Bach match, which was accepted (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun and JD Morgan beat Hybrid[/COLOR] in 10.12 when Braun pinned Soto (D) As Braun and Morgan celebrated Tayler Morton returned from injury, making a beeline for JD Morgan (D-) Once that cleared up, Silver Shark hyped the Main Event, which is for a match with Braun at Spring Break Bash (D) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Spanish Superfly[/COLOR] in 13.44 with a flash pin (C) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Whippy the Clown and Troy Tornado resign, while Hell Monkey joins SCCW, where he’ll be hoping to face Rip Chord. [B]CZCW On Tour[/B] Mid South (attendance 300) [COLOR="blue"]Pecs beat Peregrino Soto[/COLOR] in 9.11 (E) -[I]Just like last month time we were in the Mid South, they didn’t click[/I] [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai beat Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 6.57 with a Moonsault (D) [COLOR="blue"]Primal Rage beat Jimmy P[/COLOR] in 8.35 with a Wake Up Call (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Donnie J beat Chris Perkins[/COLOR] in 10.38 with a Death on Miami Beach (D-) -[I]Perkins is finding more people not to click with[/I] [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat E.M.M. Moe [/COLOR]in 10.45 with a Rain Bomb (D-) [COLOR="blue"]JD Morgan beat Flex[/COLOR] in 14.53 with a Cross Atlantic Stretch (D) The show ended with a Samurai / Morgan beatdown of Morton (E) [I]Overall Rating D[/I] Tayler Morton, Fox Mask and Black Samurai sign new deals.

[B]CZCW This Is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 1,162) [COLOR="Blue"]The Gilbert Brothers beat Hybrid and Tijuana Vampire and Masked Rebel[/COLOR] in 8.42 (D-) -A very rare Gilbert win Snap Dragon and Troy Tornado exchanged words about who would win the Tag Titles next week (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Snap Dragon beat Troy Tornado[/COLOR] in 12.48 (D) -Partners at ringside, and Guide accidentally distracted his partner to allow Snappy to get the roll up [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach and Clark Alexander beat Black Samurai and Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 15.55 (D+) -Alexander and Human Arsenal fought outside the ring, and Bach was able to finish off Samurai with a neckbreaker [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly and Whippy the Clown beat Flex & Pecs[/COLOR] in 11.31 when Whippy pinned Flex (C+) -?!? Where did that come from? After the match Whippy asked Superfly if he’d do him the honour of facing him at Spring Break Bash, and the handshake sealed the deal (D-) Alex Braun hyped Spring Break Bash (C) [COLOR="blue"]JD Morgan and Alex Braun beat Tayler Morton and Silver Shark[/COLOR] in 14.13 when Braun pinned Sharky (C) -After a ref bump the heels took the advantage with chairs, ending the match as a real contest [I]Overall Rating C-[/I] I should probably be using Spanish Superfly more than I am currently. Announced for [B]CZCW Spring Break Bash[/B]: Rage & Perkins vs The Fly Boys Clark Alexander vs Human Arsenal Sammy Bach vs Black Samurai Spanish Superfly vs Whippy the Clown Tayler Morton vs JD Morgan The Flying Animals vs Troy Tornado and Guide for the vacant SoCal Tag Titles Alex Braun (c) vs Silver Shark for the SoCal Championship

April: [B]CZCW Spring Break Bash[/B] South West (attendance 1,984) [COLOR="Blue"]Human Arsenal beat Clark Alexander[/COLOR] in 11.18 with an Ammo Dump (C) The Fly Boys cut a promo promising to be focussed on their opponents… but argued over the microphone (D-) [COLOR="blue"]The Fly Boys beat Rage & Perkins[/COLOR] in 8.31 when Donnie pinned Perkins (D) After the match Primal Rage sucker punched Perkins, and then confusingly helped his partner up (E) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai beat Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 13.39 with his feet on the ropes (D+) Bach began to argue when Braun and JD Morgan strolled out, Braun casually telling Bach that as the loser he should really leave the ring now (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat JD Morgan[/COLOR] by DQ in 16.46 (C) -Morgan tried to keep this match grounded, but Morton started to get more and more high flying moves in, gaining the advantage on his opponent. Black Samurai slid a chair into JD Morgan and tried to distract the ref, but he turned round in time to see Morgan smashing Morton with the chair, and awarded the win to the former champion Braun joined Black Samurai and Morgan in putting in the boots when Sammy Bach and Silver Shark ran down for the save (D-) The Flying Animals hyped their shot at the vacant Tag Titles (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado and Guide beat The Flying Animals[/COLOR] in 20.40 to win the SoCal Tag Titles (C-) -These two teams put on a series of D+ matches last year, and if I thought they would better in this would have been the Secondary Event. A great open match with numerous nearfalls, but Guide was the dominating force in the match, using his body in every possible, before hitting a Guided Missile on Snap Dragon Celebrations for the new champions (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Whippy the Clown[/COLOR] in 17.24 in a Lucha Libre match (C+) -Okay, I don’t regret the order of my matches now. These two showed great chemistry and, despite some psychology issues, and Superfly won it two falls to one Alex Braun hyped the Main Event, claiming that Silver Shark wasn’t on his level (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun (c) beat Silver Shark[/COLOR] in 15.55 with a Braun Damage (C+) -No assist from Braun’s cronies, he managed this one by himself… and an exposed turnbuckle Braun declared himself unstoppable, saying that no-one could beat him… when Spanish Superfly came out, and it seems as if we have a future contender (C-) [I]Overall Rating C[/I] Braun vs Shark is my new Best Match, and Spring Break Bash is Best Show. Primal Rage signs a new contract, while Masked Rebel leaves.

[B]CZCW This Is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Clark Alexander beat E.M.M. Moe[/COLOR] in 7.56 with use of the ropes (D) Alex Braun came out to proclaim himself the greatest champion ever – and his partners the greatest team ever. As such, he demanded that they were added to the Tag Team Number One contenders match happening later (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun (c) beat Hell Monkey[/COLOR] in a non-title match in 12.56 with a handful of tights (C) -Braun had a really casual approach to this match, but ended up having to pull every trick out of the book to pull out the win. Pretty good chemistry as well Braun slid out of the ring shaking his head on the way to the back (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton and Silver Shark beat Hybrid[/COLOR] in 10.39 when Sharky pinned Soto (C-) [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Animals beat The Fly Boys and Rage & Perkins[/COLOR] in 16.01 when Snappy pinned Perkins (D) -This was the aforementioned tag bout, with the three teams beaten by Tornado and Guide fighting for the Number One contendership, which The Flying Animals won After the match Braun came out, flanked by JD Morgan, and demanded that Black Samurai and Human Arsenal came out. He ripped into them for not getting themselves into the previous match, insulting Black Samurai and then beating down Arsenal, before forcibly starting a match (C) [COLOR="blue"]JD Morgan beat Human Arsenal[/COLOR] in 17.53 (C) -Human Arsenal fought valiantly, but eventually Braun convinced Samurai to interfere on Morgan’s behalf, and the numbers started to add up. He refused to tap to the Cross Atlantic Stretch, but lost consciousness Braun turned his attention to Spanish Superfly, telling him that if he wanted to mess with him, he’d also be left unconscious (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Spanish Superfly beat Black Samurai[/COLOR] in 21.36 by DQ (C+) -Okay, we only had one clean finish tonight. These two replicated their great match from a few weeks ago, and when it looked like it was going to go Superfly’s way once more Braun and Morgan attacked, and with little subtlety The post match beatdown was ended by Tayler Morton and Silver Shark… we’re in Mexico next week, so don’t want Superfly too hurt (D) [I]Overall Rating C[/I] Well, apart from too much Chris Perkins that delivered big time. Maybe we should have put some more top match ups on TV. Sammy Bach signs for CGC. [B]CZCW On Tour[/B] Northern Mexico (attendance 300) [COLOR="blue"]Rage & Perkins beat Hybrid[/COLOR] in 8.45 (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Tijuana Vampire beat Jimmy P[/COLOR] in 8.11 with a Vampire’s Bite (D) [COLOR="blue"]Black Samurai beat Donnie J[/COLOR] in 12.55 with a Moonsault (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Troy Tornado and Guide (c) beat The Gilbert Brothers[/COLOR] in 9.34 (D-) [COLOR="blue"]Whippy the Clown beat Hell Monkey[/COLOR] in 12.07 with a Joke’s On You (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton and Spanish Superfly beat Flex and Pecs[/COLOR] in 16.09 when Superfly pinned Flex (C) [I]Overall Rating D+[/I] Spanish Superfly signs a new deal.

Looks like you have gotten into a nice grove here. And don't worry too much about tainted and cheap finishes. Unlike real fans, diary readers won't feel too cheated because we all know that you are trying to tell some kind of story (why a good number of wrestling fans can't get that into their heads is beyond me).

[QUOTE=foolinc;573758]Looks like you have gotten into a nice grove here. And don't worry too much about tainted and cheap finishes. Unlike real fans, diary readers won't feel too cheated because we all know that you are trying to tell some kind of story (why a good number of wrestling fans can't get that into their heads is beyond me).[/QUOTE] True, but I'm not one to like too many interferences, but every once in a while they're required to keep the story going. But at least as you say the shows are improving - TV's not always the best idea, but I need to to keep my growth up to Anderson's liking... so... May: [B]CZCW This Is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 2,000) [COLOR="Blue"]Rage & Perkins beat E.M.M. Moe and Flying Jimmy Foxx[/COLOR] in 6.37 when Rage pinned Moe (D) [COLOR="blue"]The Flying Animals beat Hybrid[/COLOR] in 7.03 when Snap Dragon pinned Blood (D) [COLOR="blue"]Alex Braun, Black Samurai and JD Morgan beat Hell Monkey, Clark Alexander and Sammy Bach[/COLOR] in 11.42 when Morgan submitted Alexander (C) Alex Braun got on the mic and announced that Silver Shark, Tayler Morton and Spanish Superfly would now compete in three Beat the Clock matches, with the fastest winner meeting him at Surf Slam at the end of the month (D+) [COLOR="blue"]Silver Shark beat Guide[/COLOR] in 13.39 with a Jaws of Life (C) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton beat Troy Tornado[/COLOR] in 13.10 with a Rain Bomb (C) Human Arsenal beat Spanish Superfly in 13.08 (B-) -Absolutely gobsmacking. The two tore into one another, with Spanish Superfly hitting a nasty looking DDT onto his opponent. At that point out came Alex Braun to distract the ref and JD Morgan to blast Superfly with a chair shot. Arsenal made the cover as the heels celebrated outside The celebrations ended when the announcer declared that as the fastest winner Human Arsenal would be going to Surf Slam. Braun tried to claim that Arsenal was ineligible – it was between Shark, Morton and Superfly, and looked furious as the show ended (D+) [I]Overall rating C[/I] We knew that Arsenal and Superfly had good chemistry from a match in Mexico last year, but this was the first time we were able to properly utilise it. And it worked very well, being our first match that forayed into “B-“ territory. Not our best show ever, and Alex Braun hurt his ankle, but will be better in a few days. Cliff decides upon an extra goal for me – and it’s no new workers over 35. That’d be after the Joey Flame debacle. As long as Pistol Pete Hall doesn’t decide to come out of retirement that shouldn’t be an issue. Then he also tags on “law problems” for good measure. Oh, and we do it. Determined to not visit Mexico, but wanting to keep our overness up there, we go back on TV, reviving CZCW On TV on Los Deporte Hoy (Late Night). Just for one season, I promise. Lets call it a summer tour. Nemesis goes on tour with BBW. I want to see that. Hell Monkey gets a Hinote Dojo tour.

[QUOTE=eayragt;574574] Cliff decides upon an extra goal for me – and it’s no new workers over 35. That’d be after the Joey Flame debacle. As long as Pistol Pete Hall doesn’t decide to come out of retirement that shouldn’t be an issue. Then he also tags on “law problems” for good measure. [/QUOTE] Has Pete not returned to active service yet?

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;574580]Has Pete not returned to active service yet?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Blackman;574616]In my games he returns after a couple of months already. :D[/QUOTE] In this little world Pistol Pete Hall is quite the happy trainer, and looks in no rush at all to return to the ring. [B]CZCW This Is How We Do It[/B] South West (attendance 1,000) Alex Braun, Black Samurai and JD Morgan start the show, Braun claiming that Human Arsenal never deserved a title shot next week – and to prove it he’ll be beaten by his colleague Morgan in the Main Event tonight (D) [COLOR="Blue"]Troy Tornado and Guide (c) beat Hell Monkey and Tijuana Vampire[/COLOR] in a non-title match in 7.53 (C-) The champions followed that impressive win with a promo for Surf Slam (D) [COLOR="blue"]Richard Blood beat Peregrino Soto, E.M.M. Moe and Flying Jimmy Foxx [/COLOR]in 10.33 when Blood pinned Foxx (D-) -Blood and Soto were on the same team for a while, until Blood stole the pin and shrugged at his partner. That’s my way of setting up a match for next week [COLOR="blue"]Sammy Bach and Whippy the Clown beat The Gilbert Brothers[/COLOR] in 9.53 when Whippy pinned Joe (D+) Bach and Whippy start to cut a promo when they’re jumped by Rage & Perkins. Yep, another match for next week (E+) [COLOR="blue"]Tayler Morton and Spanish Superfly drew with Alex Braun and Black Samurai [/COLOR]in 19.54 (C+) -This one went in the ring, around the ring, through the crowd, and ended with Black Samurai and Tayler Morton falling from the banisters through a table (we booked a smaller venue just so we could run this spot). At that point the ref called it a day Braun promised Arsenal there would be a result when he faced him next week, and let him on a secret – his next match was a submissions match (C-) [COLOR="blue"]Human Arsenal beat JD Morgan[/COLOR] in 17.36 with a Figure Four Leg Lock (C) -Braun knew that Morgan had submissions in his… arsenal, but would have been surprised that Arsenal proved equally as able, showing a variety of submission moves before settling on the Figure Four for the win [I]Overall Rating C[/I] Dog Fyte’s made enemies with Washichi Inao. ‘Nuff said. Announced for [B]CZCW Surf Slam[/B]: Richard Blood vs Peregrino Soto Sammy Bach and Whippy the Clown vs Rage & Perkins Tayler Morton vs Black Samurai Troy Tornado and Guide (c) vs The Flying Animals for the SoCal Tag Titles Spanish Superfly vs JD Morgan Alex Braun (c) vs Human Arsenal for the SoCal Championship

Oh, prediction time! Can't wait to get all of these wrong. [B]Richard Blood[/B] vs Peregrino Soto [B]Sammy Bach and Whippy the Clown[/B] vs Rage & Perkins [B]Tayler Morton[/B] vs Black Samurai [B]Troy Tornado and Guide (c) [/B]vs The Flying Animals for the SoCal Tag Titles Spanish Superfly vs [B]JD Morgan[/B] Alex Braun (c) vs [B]Human Arsenal[/B] for the SoCal Championship

Archived