Generation Next - TNA v ROH

[I][B]After the dust settles, The biggest Pro-Wrestling War in history has left only one victor..... Now as WCW becomes almost a thing of nostalgia there are new "threats" on the horizon. It seems the youth that grew up on Vince McMahon's "Attitude" could no longer find it in the product he was providing now. Many just simply stopped watching but a there were many who couln't, many who now "needed" wrestling as their fix! And so the focus now turns to two "Cult" Promotions, Ring Of Honour and Total Nonstop Action. Can any of these two companies who both recently looked to youth in appointing Head Bookers stand a chance against Vince and his Billions let alone battling eachother! [/B] [/I] [COLOR=DarkRed][B]Monday Week 1, September 2005.[/B] Well it happened! I can't believe she would do this but she has. I don't know how I'm going to able to do this but I brought in on all by myself, I feel like Vince Russo with a conscience! :( It all started five months ago when my uncle arranged a job interview for me at WWE. Uncle Steve has ridiculous contacts and somehow got me a one on one with Johnny Ace, He's the head of Talent Relations there ( although it's title he barley deserves ). Johnny was impressed and hired me on the spot, my role... Media Content Publications Supervisor Assistant. After a life dreaming of "cracking it" into the wrestling business I was finally here and I was a freakin office clerk! I was constantly pitching ideas to the writers and just as often being told too "mind your own business kid". After two months passed Stephanie McMahon approached me about an idea I had been pitching around to some of the wrestlers. After a lengthy explanation of my idea I was told the idea may be used down the line in some form and I would be given full credit. Well let's just say my idea was used by th WWE and it was nothing like I had explained it to be. I had a vision of a Muslim fighter who was persucuted by a predjudice society and overcame all the odds and stereo-types to win the Heavyweight Championship of the World. It would show the mainstream public that wrestling is a product that doesn't hold any biases. Well they stuffed it right up! Stephanie McMahon changing the story so he would instead be an ignorant heel infuriated me enough, The last straw was when they publically blamed me for the whole angle and even went as far as to tell the New York Times that "Chris Carlito was behind the Hassan angle." My mind was made up, I gave vince my letter of resignation the following day. It's funny how the wrestling world works though, It's very easy to make a name for yourself and that's just what I did! Only one day had passed before I received a call from the up and coming promotion TNA, who was looking to assemble a new creative team as a result of the loss of Dusty Rhodes. I was still very passionate about the business and wanted to prove myself so off I went to Orlando,Florida. I breezed through the first two interviews and thought I had the job in the bag when I was told I would be required for a third and "final" interview. Apparently there was another youngster vying for the role. Who could it be I thought to myself? I saw most of the applicants at the TNA office and was confident my fresh look and perspective would seal it for me. When I arrived ( fourty minutes early ) for the final interview I quickly discovered who my opponent was, a young buck by the name of Gary Catcher. An odd name if you ask me but nevertheless we both exchanged deadly stares accross the room. Two days later Dixie Carter called to tell me I was awarded the job, This came as no surprise mind you as I had been told the night earlier that Gary Catcher withdrew his application to take on the Head Booker role with Ring Of Honour (A meager little indy fed with no future), good luck to him! Then the craziness begun! First Dixie blew up at our first creative meeting, verbally abusing everyone in the room but me for what she called "stale and recycled ideas". Then just this morning out of nowhere she dropped the biggest bomb of them all.... She called me into her office to tell me she had just appointed me as Head Booker of TNA! I haven't even been in the business for 6 months and I'm in charge of the number two promotion in North America. First order of business is to break all relations with ROH, Those guys suck and abuse our talent and we get nothing in return, Plus I don't want Catcher booking my guys in any horrible spot-fest monkey matches. :mad: [B]Current Champions[/B] NWA World Heavyweight Champion - Jeff Jarrett NWA World Tag Champions - The Naturals TNA X Division Champion - AJ Styles ( This will change very soon! )[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Tuesday Week 1, September 2005[/B] One day into the job and I already feel I maybe in over my head! :( Amongst the heat I've had for breaking relations with the worthless Ring Of Honour and the pressure from Dixie to produce TV results straight away I can see it's going to be even tougher then I invisiged. I watched RAW last night, They had a sell-out 15,000 crowd but Big Show over HHH was a disapointing Main Event. They jus don't seem to know what they're doing over there :rolleyes: I also ordered AJPW's PPV, Hopefully if all goes as planned I can introduce some Japanese wrestlers into the fray, I love how these guys work :D Satoshi Kojima defeated Kensuke Sasaki to retain the Triple Crown in awesome match. Woke up this morning to a huge news that even had mention on the Fox morning news show. Vince McMahon had made another round of cuts, This time more then twice as large as his previous and this time no one was spared! First to be announced (Vince had one of his public relations cronies do the dirty work as usual) were guys no one even knew worked for the company like Drew Hankinson and a bunch of other enhancement talent. Then came the bombshells, and there were plenty of them. First name that took me back was Gerald Briscoe, I guy I thought was safe in WWE no matter what! By the time the dust settled the most notable cuts were.... Paul Heyman, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Roddy Piper, Mick Foley, Michael Cole and the biggest by far was Hulk Hogan. Apparently Vince had yet another falling out over how the Hulkster should be used and they've both decided to part ways. I had a few chances to talk to Hogan when I was at the E and he came accross as a very nice proffessional although many have told me he is all but that. I have requested negotiations with him to peform for us. He would be a huge signing for us. So it looks like the next few days will play a huge part on how my run here is! :confused:[/COLOR]

[B]Tuesday Week 1 September 2005[/B] My first day as the official booker of ROH, man I can really feel the pressure as I step into the locker room of the ROH training area. As I look around I can clearly see that have alot of good talent right at my fingertips. As I'm walking through and observing what these superstars can do a representative from ROH head office comes up to me and relays a message stating that TNA has ended our working agreement. I knew then that I was in for a challenge. I had to sit back and think on how I was going to get things done. I knew it would take something major to turn things around so I told everyone It was nice to meet them and I left so I could think things over

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Wednesday Week 1, September 2005[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]In one day I have had more drama then my whole life put together! It all started when I made my intentions clear about signing one Hulk Hogan. We haven't even met for discussions yet and there is talk of the whole roster being pushed aside in favour of him. I'm starting to think if his presence here will be worth the drop in locker-room morale :( It's a shame because I think the Hulkster could bring the level of attention needed to turn this company into a truly International Promotion. If only the guys can understand but they think it's WCW all over again. That is not what I'm about! I hated the dying days of WCW and I have read and learnt many lessons from their demise, I wil not let that happen to TNA! I caught last nights OVW tapings and was surprised they had Danny Doring drop the Heavyweight title to Elijah Burke but I think they have big plans for him. Not a bad crowd for OVW around 2,500. I was also told King Kong Bundy has become the New Owner at Revolution British Wrestling, Good luck to him on that one he obviously sees [I]some [/I] potential in British Wrestling. It would be nice to have the money to buy a promotion, I would in an instant........Maybe one day? :rolleyes: I managed to sign all the four major names I had hoped to Exclusive PPV Appearances.Diamond Dallas Page, Scott Hall, Sting and Bret Hart! All are well past their primes but I think they'll bring much needed exposure. While the P.P.A deals weren't my desired outcome it's the best I could have hoped for as none of them think we're big enough to sign a written contract. That's fair enough I suppose, Just hope it doesn't come back to haunt me as I know Vince likes to hurt the "other guy" and I plan on becoming the "other guy" very soon! :D In not really important news, I heard that Gabe Sapolsky managed to secure some moron corporate suits to back his worthless Ring Of Honour promotion. It looks like that mountie Gary Catcher will have about the same amount of money as I do to play around with now(although $500,000 doesn't go that far in the pro-wrestling world). Wish I could be a fly on the wall when he hears I signed Bret Hart to an Exclusive. I know he was trying to sign him badly :D Serves him right for thinking a guy like Bret would ever associate himself with a carnival show like ROH :D :D :D P.S. How cool is it that I can call Bret Hart, Bret? I'm starting to get used to this power......[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Thursday Week 1, September 2005[/B] I knew it would happen! :mad: I thought maybe 3-6 months down the line or maybe a year if I was lucky but no it came today. This afternonn on fact, Yes, Vince McMahon had gotten word that we were making moves on well known talent for our start on Spike TV. None are more "over" then Bret but he is the one guy I thought I didn't have to worry about. He told me numerous times in the last few days that he despised Vince and the WWE and (I qoute) "Never work for those ***holes again". Well what a couple of days and a hefty whopping contract do for a change of Hart (Yeah I spelt that correctly). I don't think my remark about Goldberg being an underated worker helped either but in hindsight... whatever :p I did manage to secure Bill Goldberg to an Exclusive deal but only for 9 months as I have a feeling he wants to use us as a platform for his movie career, As long as we both benefit I don't mind a bit. Scotty Steiner and Scott Hall also signed a Exclusives, Now I just have to try and explain to them and there egos that they're not going to be the main focus of our product. This is looking like my hardest challenge yet... The card I'm planning on announcing tomorrow for Impact's advertising looks now to be[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Jeff Jarrett vs Kevin Nash vs Raven vs Bill Goldberg- NWA World Heavyweight Championship AJ Styles v Christopher Daniels vs Chris Sabin - TNA X Division Title - Laddder Match AMW vs The Naturals vs Team 3D - NWA World Tag Team championship[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed](Predictions are welcomed) Hopefully thes matches being announced will draw us some better attention I also signed CM Punk but he was unwilling to cease ties with that miserable ROH (this Catcher fellow is quickly becoming a thorn in my side). My negotiations with Terry (Hulk) broke down again today as we couldn't come to agreements on his merchandising cut. Hogan is starting to live up to his name behind the curtain. I didn't like the way he kept trying to sell his daughter too me either, It came accross as really wierd and freaked me out a little. She's hot and all but it's the way he looks at her when they're together.... anyways McMahon made a few more signings in Bryan Danielson(a guy I was trying to get), Sean O'Haire, Sonny Siaki and of all people Honky Tonk Man :confused: In totally unrelated news Stan Hansen was appointed Head Booker of NWA Anarchy, Now those cards are going to be interesting :D [/COLOR]

Archived