Lack of Psychology/Lack of Flow Notes

[QUOTE=Foxcutter;535623]Understood and thank you -- and to everyone -- in trying to help me understand the mechanics of the game a little more. I guess, like you, I was thinking of the big picture. Here are three workers (each with over ten years experience, two of whom have been fighting in Japan with some of the best female wrestlers on the planet for the past five years and all of whom have been wrestling for the Stone family for equally as long), whose match is being scripted by one of the best road agents on the planet, fighting for a title with 100% prestige, with over a month to memorize and work out the kinks to the match, with the wrestling industry in the country on the upswing (at B- and rising), and they still can't pull off match in my area that would have the wrestling fans in my area of the country talking about it at the water cooler, the next day. I think, understandably, I had the right to wonder what was going on. Having said that, while it may sound like I'm complaining about the game, I'm not (it's my favourite time-waster of all time), I'm just seriously confused, is all. You'd think, given the above, that the three workers in question would've learned something in all of their collective experience over the years but, apparently -- and this is just a recent occurrence, I think...I don't remember previously that any of these workers (who don't have any chemistry issues with each other) have ever received this note when facing each other -- that it might've been something in the latest patch that was causing all this. Anyhow, again, many thanks in helping me trying to unravel the mystery of all of this. Foxcutter.[/QUOTE] Some of these things are so completely irrelevant to psychology notes. First, no, they aren't memorizing a match for a month, just because you run one show a month. Scripting doesn't give you any bonus for number of shows you run. Title prestige? Completely irrelevant to a psychology note. Wrestling industry in an upswing? Completely irrelevant; why would that matter whether your workers had good or just decent psychology? If you're taking workers that have overness in the D's in a sports entertainment promotion and putting on a C match, you are putting on a good match, and I'm sure the thousand people in Portland that saw it can't wait to talk about it at water coolers everywhere. If you want to do better then that, it's an issue of changing your product, not of match psychology.

If your workers have such high psychology, scripting the match may actually be hurting them... I've always considered scripting to be a fail-safe of sorts, and usually run my matches with neither the Script nor Call In Ring note if I feel like workers are too good to script but not good enough to Call In Ring. Have you tried having these workers Call In Ring? Or running without a note at all? This is just guesswork- it still is very puzzling as to why you're receiving a 'lack of psychology' note.

[QUOTE=lazorbeak;535699]Some of these things are so completely irrelevant to psychology notes. First, no, they aren't memorizing a match for a month, just because you run one show a month. Scripting doesn't give you any bonus for number of shows you run. Title prestige? Completely irrelevant to a psychology note. Wrestling industry in an upswing? Completely irrelevant; why would that matter whether your workers had good or just decent psychology? [/QUOTE] I realize all of that. I was using a real world example to exemplify my frustration at what was going on in the game -- i. e. if this were the real world then, with everything presented above, it would be hard to justify why this was happening and why these particular workers, in this particular situation, would be crapping out the way they were. As for the wrestling industry on the upswing -- and I may be mistaken about this -- I thought that there would be added value to match scores because the industry, and thus the fans, were hot for it at the moment. Meaning matches would get a slight ratings boost. If such was the case, and I was only scoring a C, then I'd hate to see what rating I'd get if the industry was in the toilet at that point. If I'm mistaken about this, then I apologize. It was my misunderstanding. But, anyhow, none of that matters. I removed the troublesome ref from my roster and haven't received the note since. *Shrugs* Foxcutter. P. S. This is just guesswork, as well, Thomnipotent, but my thought on it is this: since removing the "interfering ref", the wrestlers who only had C+s in Psychology, weren't having their collective scores dragged down by his match sabotage. Looking at it like this, wrestlers with higher Psychologies, might have been able to incorporate his interference into the overall match-flow and still pull out something fairly decent (which is why I wasn't getting notes on the matches of some of my better -- B and up -- psychologically-skilled wrestlers), while people with Psychologies in the Cs, or lower, didn't know how to deal with it and, by having their scores penalized the way they were, were never able to recover from his disruptive influence. So effectively, people with Bs, when this guy was running a match, were at Cs and people at Cs were running at Ds -- which would explain what was happening and why the problem has now gone away since I gave him the boot.

[QUOTE=Foxcutter;536215] P. S. This is just guesswork, as well, Thomnipotent, but my thought on it is this: since removing the "interfering ref", the wrestlers who only had C+s in Psychology, weren't having their collective scores dragged down by his match sabotage. Looking at it like this, wrestlers with higher Psychologies, might have been able to incorporate his interference into the overall match-flow and still pull out something fairly decent (which is why I wasn't getting notes on the matches of some of my better -- B and up -- psychologically-skilled wrestlers), while people with Psychologies in the Cs, or lower, didn't know how to deal with it and, by having their scores penalized the way they were, were never able to recover from his disruptive influence. So effectively, people with Bs, when this guy was running a match, were at Cs and people at Cs were running at Ds -- which would explain what was happening and why the problem has now gone away since I gave him the boot.[/QUOTE] Does your interfering ref have low morale (mark by the unhappy face)? If it does, the morale of the worker may also affect the psychology and other stuff, which affects the match grades. Fascinating... just my guess

[QUOTE=pepper2008;536247]Does your interfering ref have low morale (mark by the unhappy face)? If it does, the morale of the worker may also affect the psychology and other stuff, which affects the match grades. Fascinating... just my guess[/QUOTE] Yes, that's what I was suggesting above -- that the very unhappy ref (one frowny face away from being at his lowest morale) was inhibiting the wrestlers from putting on a 'proper' match. In effect, he was dragging their Psychology down by one letter grade. The really talented wrestlers (with good Psychology) could recover from his sloppy refereeing (any Psychology in the Bs would, in essence, become something in the C range, anybody with a Psychology in the Cs would then have it lowered to a D, etc., etc.). At this point, it's only a theory, however. I've had the wrestlers in question have a re-match that didn't get a "Lack of Psychology, Lack of Flow" note but, until I run a few more events, I can't be sure if that was really causing it or not. I suspect it's a combination of things -- having just hit Cult status, with workers not quite ready for the limelight of that level (I think), probably doesn't help matters either. Foxcutter.

Archived