General storyline questions

I had a few more questions regarding storylines:

- How are storylines rated? Based on content or a performers overness? I can't see how TEW would know what the content is.

- my fans are upset because I don't have any "hot storylines". What does this mean, and how can I fix it?

- do you guys use chained or unchained storylines? What's the difrerence, and what is the best way to break off a "chained storyline?

Storylines are rated on the ratings that each segment gets. A good segment will bring the storyline rating up, a bad one will bring the storyline rating down....

... and a "hot storyline" is a high rated storyline, I think you need to have at least one storyline rated at A is you are a storyline driven promotion to qualify, at least when you get to national level or above. I don't know the grades below National level as I've never really played with a small entertainment based promotion. I also think the storyline has to have been continued on that show for it to count, though I can't confirm that for sure.

Personally, I pretty much only use unchained storylines except when I decide to use a winning streak. I just prefer the flexibility of them, but only matches/segments that have two or more of the participants in the storyline will actually count towards the rating of the storyline. Chained storylines have the benefit that you can use segments that use only one worker if that is what is called for, meaning you can push a storyline based on the strengths of 1 particular worker rather than a couple. But as I say, I mostly just use unchained myself.

Another great factor with chained storylines is that they provide more structure for the part time player. With unchained if you have to let your game sit, it's easier to forget what you were planning. Whereas with chained storylines, you can just pick up at the next bullet and get right to booking.

Personally I run both. I like the structure of the chained stories. But sometimes it's just easier to set up and unchained storyline and let it go. Especially if the storyline concept you have in mind is rather vague.

Thanks guys. What the best way to break off a chained storyline though, so my fans won't get upset? And, when using a chained one, what if I want to change my plans half way through?

Evolve the storyline... if you decide to completely abort it, evolve it to an unchained storyline then simply end that one immediately, as there are no penalties for doing so. :)

Storylines are rated on the ratings that each segment gets. A good segment will bring the storyline rating up, a bad one will bring the storyline rating down....

I guess my question should have been, "How are storylines rated?" How does TEW know what a good segment is vs a bad one?

well obviously the game looks at the statistics for the various relevant attributes. A storyline between people who either have awesome matches together (like Angle vs Benoit) will be rated good. Or a storyline between people who are great on the mic, or have charisma, like for example Y2K & CLB. It's a logical way of reasoning, really. :)

The game says which attributes are important in segments. And in matches, well, it's obvious what's important more. Performance or popularity.

• 1 month later...

So when an angle has a description to it, it's just a guideline? For example, if a storyline says:

"Two wrestlers are in the ring and announce an alliance".

I could run that angle, but write it so they just have a stare down instead? Does that make sense?

Archived