Expiring contracts

Been a while but I just recently got into the game again. I missed some expiring contracts and the fighters keep rejecting my negotiation requests after leaving. It's been six months now and they still won't talk to me. How long until I should try to sign them again?

great question, usually takes about a year. The crappy part is, if its a guy that youve built up, they tend to sign Premiere Contracts before you can talk to them again. But guys like (in a real-world sim) Josh Barnett or Matt Lindland will have set premiere and you can pick them up again.

Thanks guys. I'm not worried about the fighters getting snagged by another org - I'm the only org there is :). I don't play this game for its managerial aspects, I'm only interested in seeing fighters develop and having the best matchups possible. Guess I'll just have to wait then.

great question, usually takes about a year. The crappy part is, if its a guy that youve built up, they tend to sign Premiere Contracts before you can talk to them again. But guys like (in a real-world sim) Josh Barnett or Matt Lindland will have set premiere and you can pick them up again.

You do know you can renegotiate contracts whenever you want with guys already under contract with you, right?

Yes but often times when you have tons of fighters, it can be difficult to monitor expiring contracts.

This problem mostly rears it's head when someone isn't considering the managerial aspects and just edit the cash in to hire tons of fighters. Not how the game was designed for but it's obviously exciting to have an easier way to see how most fighters are evolving.

I don't play the exact style but I like creating a rich middle of the road org that hires all the non-experienced fighters until they become experience and I just unload these fighters through set standard and have the big orgs sign them up and see how they fare. It makes it much more exciting to root for them rather than just watching the results from the other orgs.

Archived