Turning After Debut

Hey guys, sorry if this has been covered already...

Playing the 91 mod as WWF, I hired Owen Hart and Steve Austin to work as a team, but they have bad chemistry so I now want Owen to align with the Hart Foundation. Problem is I debuted him in a dark match with Austin as a Heel with "Evolution" gimmick, now I want to use him as a face with a gimmick less arrogant and more in line with Bret and Jim.

So my question is, how long am I going to have to wait before I can turn him back? Would it be less than usual as he only wrestled once under that alignment after his debut in a dark match?

Turns dont have to have a wait... but the gimmick change may, and i stress MAY, need time to take affect.

Well, it does harm them if you turn them too soon after the previous turn, doesn't it? I guess my question is does the debut alignment count as a "turn" in the game engine. Will he take a hit from turning back?

Realistically, if you just introduced him and he's a nobody on your roster, the hit he'll take to his momentum will be pretty negligible. It won't do him any favors, but it won't cripple his career either.

His momentum is around D I think, as is his popularity. If his momentum won't take a huge hit then by being around Bret and Neidhart, as well as maybe Davey Boy, and all the guys they will feud with he'll probably improve soon. And I do plan on altering the product settings soon too so there is a very slight increase in the importance of wrestling ability, so that would help his momentum too. So if you don't think his momentum will take that big a hit, I might as well go for it.

Well, it does harm them if you turn them too soon after the previous turn, doesn't it? I guess my question is does the debut alignment count as a "turn" in the game engine. Will he take a hit from turning back?

His momentum is around D I think, as is his popularity. If his momentum won't take a huge hit then by being around Bret and Neidhart, as well as maybe Davey Boy, and all the guys they will feud with he'll probably improve soon. And I do plan on altering the product settings soon too so there is a very slight increase in the importance of wrestling ability, so that would help his momentum too. So if you don't think his momentum will take that big a hit, I might as well go for it.

Debut doesnt count as turn in my experience debuting gimmick does count tough so changing it so soon MAY result in lower gimmick rating/momentum. Wouldnt worry about momentum though as D is pretty dire as it is.

Exactly. A spectacular worker like Owen Hart will likely, depending on your game's X Factor, bounce back very quickly from the initial momentum damage.

Archived