Business Stat Question?

I think this has been asked and answered but I did a search and couldn't find the thread so sorry in advance.

Take someone like Pat Patterson for example, he has never been a head booker but his booking skill I thought would be at least say a B. Looking at the editor though I'm not sure if someone like him should have a rating at all though? If his psychology and respect are both high I think that's enough for a road agent role he plays. I just wanted to make sure.

A road agent only needs to have psychology to be able to help plan matches and respect to help control the backstage area, which is why those two stats are the most important for a road agent to have.

The booking stat doesn't play into the road agent role, although there are some obviously transferable skills. But generally, the booking skill is a reflection of how good someone is in the role of a head booker, which is far and above the skill set required for a road agent. Personally, I'd say Pat was a good agent in that he can interpret the ideas sent down from the booking team... but he would have little, if any, booking skill as I can't see him being the kind of guy who could book an entire wrestling promotion if he was asked to.

I'm almost positive he booked the 94 Rumble and was booking before and after that. I can't find a link now but I'm sure I could if given enough time. I would say Patterson deserves some sort of booking skills he's been in and around the creative team for the better part of two decades.

That's what Derek clarified though, he does have a booking skill and a good one just not as a Head Booker. His psychology and respect skill make him a good road agent which is really what he is. I don't know how much he had to do with creative as a whole as opposed to the workings of the matches over the years which i know he was heavily involved in. I can remember JR mentioning somewhere it was Patterson's idea for the legendary Rock vs Austin finish which would also fall under road agent stats and not head booking. I was thinking that stat was more reserved for the Heymans etc. My point being how can people who have never served as head booker have any kind of reputation as a head booker :confused:

If Patterson was in that position for that time then I agree he should definitely have some stat, I'll try and dig up some info on it.

who have never served as head booker have any kind of reputation as a head booker

People you would think would be good headbookers. So people involved in creative or the matches some way e.g road agents/anouncers. Not a lot of points just some to show potential.

Patterson was definitely on the booking staff at some point- Shaun Michaels mentions Patterson's booking in his book. He was also definitely involved in putting together the Royal Rumble, although I'm not sure in quite what capacity (also factor in the slightly different amounts of conterol bookers have in the real world and TEW- in a TEW Battle Royal you only book the winner, whereas in the E I believe the order of elimination is determined by the booking team in advance).

Archived