4C : More than the Canadian 3rd option

I'm running out of gas for my show previews, so let's keep simple this morning.

On the 3rd Monday of October, in St.Michaels College

4C presents... Demolition Derby

Street Fight : "The Cannonball" Sam Pratt vs Steve Gumble

"Triple Threat" Davis Wayne Newton vs "Second Generation Superstar" Cameron Vessey

Phenomenal Excess & Frankie Dee vs The Party Animals (TJ Bailey, Too Hot, K-Squared)

First Blood Match for the 4C Hardcore title : Brett Fraser (ch) vs Doug Peak

Dean Waldorf vs Canadian Crusher

4C Tag Team Championship : Thug Life (ch) vs Lightning & Thunder

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to tell my fellow readers that this diary is pretty much dead. I went ahead and sim the next few months, overall grades are horrible. I'm losing some popularity with each show hence I'm putting an end to this. I just can't see how I would keep my job and there's not much fun in going down with your promotion. I mean, I could live with a stagnant cult promotion, it's an interesting level, but not being able to just maintain my regional promotion is not what I would call a stellar performance.

I still want to write a something, so I'll probably pop again with a new idea sooner than later. I've got a couple of ideas I want to explore.

I'm willing to explain my intention with any unanswered questions I might have left in the shows, so feel free to ask.

To be honest I'm not surprised. 4C is probably the hardest promotion in the whole Cornellverse! Congrats to you for even lasting this long with 4C. And all the best for the new diary, 4C is just really annoying and when you don't get good ratings and the feel of progression in the game, it really gets you down, both in-game and in the diary.

To be honest I'm not surprised. 4C is probably the hardest promotion in the whole Cornellverse! Congrats to you for even lasting this long with 4C. And all the best for the new diary, 4C is just really annoying and when you don't get good ratings and the feel of progression in the game, it really gets you down, both in-game and in the diary.

I don't know if it's the hardest, but it is one of them. Their product is definitely odd to say the least. It's a promotion that uses more pop than performance, but uses 90% match ratio. The fans want complex gimmick as long as they risky and they also want to see high flyers, but will **** on them if they can't wrestle too.

I don't know if it's the hardest, but it is one of them. Their product is definitely odd to say the least. It's a promotion that uses more pop than performance, but uses 90% match ratio. The fans want complex gimmick as long as they risky and they also want to see high flyers, but will **** on them if they can't wrestle too.

The fact its in Canada doesn't help - there are much more opportunity to sign big name free agents in the US, Mexico and Japan (especially after NOTBPW go National). I did manage 3 years with 4C, but by the end of that time all my big names had signed written contracts with National promotions, and my main event ended up full of SWF rejects who weren't well known in Mexico. Quite a demoralising experience.

Look at the diary and the product again makes me see where you went Onu went wrong (gameplay wise not storytelling). 4C's biggest weakest is their total lack of star power. And while I am happy you didn't totally kill the roster, you didn't add any star power either. 4C starts the game at as a regional company and is able to sign people up to C- in national popularity, yet the company's top guy is only a E+. For a company based more on performance, this isn't good at all. Here are a good number of people that you can hire from the get go to help improve the ratings.

C-: Acid

D+: Larry Wood, Mick Muscles

D: Melody Cuthill (if you want to use women), Shooter Sean Deeley, Ted Brady (with a Monkey Again gimmick? :D), Trent Shaffer, Whippy The Clown

D-: Alex Braun, Steve Flash, The Insane Heat, Freddie Datsun, etc.

Crap, now I want to play 4C and see what I can do with them.

I tried to sign people that could stick with the promotion in the long run. With the exception of Vessey who usually go to Japan at some point, I was pretty confident that most of my new guys could be used for a long period. Guys like Shaffer, Deeley and Whippy are good, but I though their popularity would rise faster than the rest of the roster due to their national exposure. I admit I didn't thought about Braun, Muscles or Wood, I was way too busy looking for unusual suspects; mainly why I stayed away from Flash.

Thanks for the good words guys, it really pushes me forward with a new project. I've got an idea involving a wrestler in the 97 mod who's missing in the original database that could be interesting. Or maybe I'll wait for the release of the '75 mod and do the life and career of the Masked Avatar (well, an older one obviously).

Mexico ? There's wrestling there ? I thought they only produce tequial... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived