Products That Work (For You)

I had a great experience with a product I came up with, and I figured this would be a fun place to list product combinations that have worked for you and why.

Here's the story of one I'm doing great with now:

I decided to try something new. I started a game as Takayuki Avatar after I edited him so he could open up a Japanese promotion. I wanted to try running a Japanese-American Hybrid company.

Here's the data:

Key Feature: Mainstream

Heavy: Pure, Realism

Medium: Traditional, Modern

Low: Cult, Hardcore, Daredevil

Very Low: Comedy, Risque

This leaves a very functional company.

Workers have the benefit of being rated much more on performance than popularity, but the company is also favorable to getting sponsors and it can't be shaken by industry changes.

The downside is that angles will often get shot down unless they're very good, and the fans don't like wacky gimmicks or anything too risky.

Luckily, I've managed to gather a pretty decent roster for a regional promotion (I started my company on "Hard" I believe... Whatever difficulty is the one that gives you a regional company with $10,000).

Here's my roster:

The product heavily favors Regular Wrestlers and Technicians, while puro guys and brawlers are slightly less successful and Super Juniors and Cruiserweights are ok.

Main Event:

Takayuki Avatar

Hidekazu

John Pathlow (Hell Monkey)

Shingen Miyazaki

Upper Midcard:

Mokuami Maita

Washichi Inao

Barry Griffin

Masutaro Kataoka

Midcard:

Insane Machine

Rhino Umaga

Hirokazu Yamanoue

Masked Cougar

The Tic

Hitomaro Suzuki

Lower Midcard:

SUKI

Shooter Sean Deeley

Black Eagle

Opener:

Frankie Perez

KAZ

Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Enhancement Talent:

Merle O'Curle

As one familiar with the CVerse can see, there are some expensive names up there. However, everyone above either has great performance stats, ability ratings, or both.

I've managed to run 2 monthly shows thus far. I got a C rating on one, and a B- on the other. For a brand new Regional fed, that stellar! I was incredibly surprised!

And, you'd figure, that would mean I'd be running in the red too, right? Well, I've been turning a profit of $30,000+ these first 2 months!

So, if you're looking to start company and want workers rated on their abilities and would still like some American style perks, try the Japanese-American hybrid style. :D

Now that my ranting is done, what products have ya'll been successful with? (Your own or one already in place.) Have you changed an existing company to be more successful?

I'm curious! :p

Name: Rapid Entertainment

Product Appeal:

Traditional: Heavy

Mainstream: Main Feature

Comedy: Medium

Cult: Very Low

Risque: None

Modern: Heavy

Realism: Very Low

Hyper Realism: None

Hardcore: Low

Lucha Libre: Medium

Pure: Low

Daredevil: None

MAtch Intensity: 20%

Match Danger: 40%

Womens Wrestling: None

T&A Levels: None

Face/Heel Divide: Medium

Here's my roster from the C-Verse draft

IMO, it's the best entertainment product since it lets wrestlers of all types get over and still is a sponsor whore like all good entertainment based companies should be.

Some seem real functional companies. Like the TS's one: Your angles will bomb if they are not really good, but yet you choose to support a mainstream fed? Why is this functional? Don't you have 30% angles ratio?

right now i have:

Key: Realism

Medium: modern, pure, comedy, tradional, mainstream, lucha libre

It works fine, but there's a lack of people to come to the events. At Global, I only get around 8000 people in a TV show, which causes me to bleed money, even with favourable sponsorship. :(

Archived