I'm trying to get a better handle on how the "Hidden Gems" section of the Creative Meeting actually works.

Typically, there are five workers the game suggests picking up, stating that they "could" or "could probably" "develop into" or "be turned into" a "solid," "useful" or "very useful" member of the roster, sometimes with the posit "if handled correctly" or "with time and patience." I've also seen "shows signs of being able to step it up a level, and could be turned into a decent asset," and there are likely others I've forgotten.

1.) How does the game choose these five workers? I take it that they have better than average destinies and can potentially work well with the existing product settings, but they're not necessarily the workers with the best destinies in the game, are they? Hiring a "Hidden Gem" is no guarantee that they'll show up in your "Next Big Thing" or "Hot Prospect" section, right? Are they just random "better than average" prospects?

2.) What are the differences between the various text strings? Surely, "Very useful" is better than "useful," but is that a reference to the worker's potential for gaining Overness or his potential for developing skills? Does "if handled correctly" mean the worker has the potential to develop nicely in one area (e.g. performance skills) but not in others? How does "a decent asset" compare to "a useful member of the roster?"

Apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before. I searched the forum and didn't find anything.

I've always taken the statements in Hidden Gems to indicate the likely role worker would play for you, at that point. Someone who is extremelly useful is someone you are more likely to be able to do something with right away.

The comments on the workers who show up on Hot Prosepcts and/or Next Big Thing give indicators to destiny stats... by saying they have "an almost tangible sense of destiny".

Hyde, when those "next big thing" and "hot prospect" stories pop up, are workers getting a sudden increase in their destiny or potential right then and there? I'd thought those stories didn't increase anything, but were just randomly announcing which workers hit it big in the destiny lottery when this particular save game first started.

Archived