Well, I'm pretty far into my West Coast Union game, and noticed that my company is starting to become more popular in Canada than in the US (except in my home territory) probably because the only TV deal I managed to sign was with a company that marketed to the northwest and parts of Canada. The problem is that my company may be gaining a better following in Canada, but most of my workers are still pretty low grade up there, except in a few areas, with a few wrestlers. I don't think that should be too much of a problem, since my promotion is based more on performance than on popularity.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to get to is this: what should I do? Should I focus on expanding into Canada, maybe pick up some Canadian workers and start running the occasional show up there? Or should I focus on trying to maintain strength in the US?

Personally, I kind of like expanding in Canada, mostly because the thought of running a US-based company completely in a foreign market. Anybody else have any ideas?

The problem you may encounter is that, by focussing on gaining popularity in Canada, you'll pretty much guarantee that you'll never increase in size again. Granted, that's assuming that you're not already National, but based on your TV deal, I feel it's a safe assumption.

That said, there's no reason that you can't expand your schedule, and run some shows north of the border. You'll get the increased attendance, and subsequent profits, without hindering your ability to grow in your homeland.

Cheers!

Archived