1. 1. DOTM: Cornellverse

• Phantom Stranger's "Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams"
    • FINisher's "BBW: Start A War, Chapter II (CVerse '97)"
    • NoNeck's "Secrets of the Ring Volume Two: Peter Michaels and SWF 2011"
    • Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society Version 2.0"
    • foolinc's "NYCW: Butterfly Effect diary"
    • infinitywpi's "Tradition Dictates you be welcomed ..."
    • mistaken's "Money to Burn: 1 year of Wrestling!"

Hey now, hey now... I'd like to think I didn't get any votes just because of my history, but that I finished 'just out of the top spot' because I had some good months, but someone else alawys had a better one.

Then again, there's been months I was fairly certain I'd been crap, so... you might have something there.

sorry meant for those to be two seperate Ideas, that you went months coming in second

AND

history does seem to hold some sway.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of history, any chance of a Hall of Records update at some point? ;)

any thing in particular?

I know I have only done the bare updates since it moved to the new thread. but feel free to leave some feed back in there if there is something I need to get updated.

Ignore me - I just realised it had moved to a separate thread. My bad!

I put it in the seperate day so that when the day arrives that I can't do this anymore, I can just pass off the password to some one who has the time and ability to keep it up to date with out having to give them access to my primary account. Right now I have the password and so does Nevermore should he choose to make any changes to his table of contents\summary post.

Though I do have to show a little love for Phantom Stranger's PPPW, even if I am completely clueless on much of that era in the C'verse. :p

I'm figuring it out myself, mate.

PPPW is my first and, thus far, only '97 game, and started the day I downloaded the database.

I work from four key resources:

1. What I can see in the game save data (see things like JD Morgan's complaints of DaVE misuse, Phil Vibert's recent shoot on an Anderson/Ota feud cut off, Sam Strong retiring, HGC results, etc.)

2. A savegame in the default database left permanently at Jan 1, 2008 (which is the theoretical date around which the various interviews were booked on) which allows me to check what relationships, etc, develop over time and who might and might not agree to tape interview footage.

3. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/index.html - title histories for the various defunct titles, some character profile articles, etc, to give me a sense of certain of the older characters - who would've been feuding in what defunct territory when, when can I fit a Sam Strong/Horatio Dangerous title match in, etc.

4. Other diaries. Some references - Jack Giedroyc's rejected 'Wrath of God' gimmick and Sam Strong talking about the 'Uncle Sam Says' USPW endpieces - are direct. Others more colour the characters.

Really, I want PPPW to be accessible if you don't know C-Verse '97, with maybe some easter eggs if you do.

And by that he means maintaining my first place ;)

There's just two vote difference!! C'mon people!! "Yes, We Can!!" :D

The funny thing is.. .. Tigerkinney is the reason why I started making diaries in the first place.. His BHOTWG diary "Burning Desire, Raising The Hammer" is the diary for me.. Always has been and always will be. So it's kind of funny from my point of view to keep on losing to him..

.. Have you ever thought of passing the torch by any chance TK? :p

~.000000866% of the world has voted so Fin get out there and keep up the good fight.

on the other hand

~.21% of all grey dog members members have spoken

so with a day left maybe if you start a massive spamming capaign you can pick up the win? :p

but it's not over until tomorrow morning (if i did the math right) so there is time!

Definitely shows consistency on FIN's part, though - joint second in December, second in November, joint third in October, joint second in September... I don't think I even got nominated my first couple of months so there's definitely people enjoying the show.

I must admit, I enjoyed the DaVE diary, but I've struggled to get into BBW as I just don't know any of the characters that well. Still, I'll definitely make the effort to get past the second page this month :)

Definitely shows consistency on FIN's part, though - joint second in December, second in November, joint third in October, joint second in September... I don't think I even got nominated my first couple of months so there's definitely people enjoying the show.

Or it just goes to show the type of a fanbase I have, just like the promotion's I've run: Cult!! :cool: Thanks for the compliment Casey, I appreciate it. Love your diary.

Well it was close but I just about managed to hold off Finisher, sorry FIN I know you're desperate for a first place finish ;)

Mind you this is actually the first time I've won DOTM for this diary so it means alot. My last win in this came for my BHOTWG diary for TEW 2007, so this does actually mean alot to me :)

Well it was close but I just about managed to hold off Finisher, sorry FIN I know you're desperate for a first place finish ;)

Mind you this is actually the first time I've won DOTM for this diary so it means alot. My last win in this came for my BHOTWG diary for TEW 2007, so this does actually mean alot to me :)

I'm actually really glad that this DOTM went to someone who hadn't won the DOTM before for the diary that was being nominated. It's nice see someone else win this time.. :) Not that there's anything wrong with the previous DOTM winners.. It's cool when the spotlight is being shared *cough*

EDIT: By the way, has anyone ever had two diaries being nominated at the same time?

I'm actually really glad that this DOTM went to someone who hadn't won the DOTM before for the diary that was being nominated. It's nice see someone else win this time.. :) Not that there's anything wrong with the previous DOTM winners.. It's cool when the spotlight is being shared *cough*

EDIT: By the way, has anyone ever had two diaries being nominated at the same time?

In the same category? no

but Never more has had a real world nod & Cornelverse nod (though has not won the cornellverse ever)

I believe Phantom Stranger has had diaries in both at the same time as well.

Archived