Draws no longer count as Title Defenses?

I was wondering about that. I just downloaded the game (new computer), so I obviously have the latest patch, and I just ran a time limit draw, with the tag titles on the line, that didn't count as a defense. Here I was trying to make sure that they didn't lose it "on the first defense" (despite being champions for the last 3 months, prior to Jan 08), and it doesn't count.

I'm not upset, though. Merely confused, as shipshirt seems to be, as well.

Its been changed to succesfull defenses aka the team or person that has the title wins.

Oh ok, so it has been changed. I thought I was just imagining things! lol

I would counter, though, that a draw (time limit more than double dq or co) would be a successful title defense as the champ successfully staved off the challenger. It's the champion advantage!

I haven't installed the newest patch yet and if this is true I won't do it. Of course a draw is a title defense. I don't know how there could even be a discussion.

Has it really been changed, though? WeeMan says no and it's not mentioned in the temporary patch thread, either.

I haven't installed the newest patch yet and if this is true I won't do it. Of course a draw is a title defense. I don't know how there could even be a discussion.

Has it really been changed, though? WeeMan says no and it's not mentioned in the temporary patch thread, either.

I have installed the latest patch and draws do count as Title defences.

I'm also not having draws count as defenses. I just verified that again. I'm playing as NOTBPW, so I'm only able to test this with Time Limit draws (without purposely taking a low grade). Perhaps the finish has an effect here....

Actually just placing a draw is enough, That what I do and still no penalty still can produce A matches

I would think Time Limit Draws are the ones that would count as a defense, much moreso than Double DQs...etc.

Adam posted that "it's the same as it's always been" so I don't know if that means they always counted or never counted LOL

The draw I ran was a match between Cornell and Tyson Baine in TCW that ended in a double count out. I'll post a few screenshots soon.

Here is the belt Defenses screen.

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tcwdraw2jv8.jpg

Here is the show results screen.

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tcwdraw1hn1.jpg

I'm running on the patch from 29th January.

EDIT: Here is the Title History showing the number of Defences as 1.

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tcwdraw3lr6.jpg

OK, I figured out where all the confusion is coming from

I just ran a 10 minute time limit draw between Adam Matravers and Hugh de Aske for the TCW All Action title (and double and triple checked that the belt was on the line in the match). This is using the 1/29 patch.

The result of the match was:

Hugh de Aske drew with Adam Matravers in 10:00 when the time limit expired.

No mention of the title. BUT in the show results section it does state that the title was retained and in the title screen it does list 1 defense (which is correct).

So it looks like draws DO still count as defenses, for some reason they just aren't being listed as such DURING the show.

Archived