Julio Gutierrez vs. Matthew Dean

Janinha vs. Jenny DeNeuve

Seth O'Breen vs. Nik Minear

Atsutsane Akera vs. Gideon Navarro

Sherman Shields vs. Junior Patinkin

Ryosei Sakamoto vs. Ken Peters

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/TEWMan/ALPHA-1183Banner.gif

ALPHA-1 183 : No Vacancy

Many Newcomers made their debuts tonight, and we are ready to go live.

Speaking of debuts, two men, Ken Peters (1-0) and Ryosei Sakamoto (0-1) come to mind, and they had a very quick encounter tonight, with the end coming by KO from a very excited Peters, who finished the fight with a 1st Round Uppercut finish. Sheman Shields (1-0) was also successful in his debut, also Knocking Out Junior Patinkin (2-3) in the first round with a Massive Rib Kick that had Patinkin pull out of the war.

Atsutsane Akera (3-2) shocked the world, but not in the way you would expect, stopping a very active Gideon Navarro (3-3) in the first round with a quick right hook Knockout finish as well tonight. Akera definitely is starting to look like a real prospect. Nik Minear (8-9) is the true definition of Second Time's the charm, returning to ALPHA-1 after a layoff to win 2 Straight Fights, both by Knockout, this time dominating Submission expert Seth O'Breen (5-3) in the first round with a massive Knee to the jaw.

Janinha (20-4) is really looking like a contender again, going to war with Jenny DeNeuve (16-9) en route to a Three Round Unanimous Decision. Janinha, scoring great Leg Kicks and Straight Punches, but was unable to finish her opponent. Janinha, with another win or two, could easily be back in the title picture.

Julio Gutierrez (10-5) Upset the critics tonight, dominating a Game Matthew Dean (18-13), also en route to a Unanimous Decision victory, Gutierrez is definitely back on track to the title contention, and could be next in-line with another victory. Fumiaki Hayashi (30-12) was able to finish yet another career, this time Retiring Former ALPHA-1 Welterweight Champion Ichisake Miyagi (21-16) by Americana Submission in Round 3, Miyagi, leaves the promotion with his head held high, and will look to explore new things in the future.

Hanako Shimizu (14-4) didn't need to stay long to finish Jennie Gill (17-3-1), Knocking her out with a Head Kick in just 0:28 Seconds to defend her title yet again. Shimizu makes defense number 2 of her Women's Championship.

Atep of Indonesia (27-14) and Carl Ratcliffe (20-14) did not upset the fans in attendance, going the distance in a Five Round War, resulting in a 48-47, 47-48 and 48-47 for the Winner and New Lightweight Champion, Atep of Indonesia. Ratcliffe praised his opponent for the great fight and afterwards announced that he was in too much in rough shape, and announced his retirement.

As with other shows, the awards were given, an Obvious KO of the Night went to Hanako Shimizu, scoring the quickest and deadliest KO of the Night, Submission of the night went to Fumiaki Hayashi, and fight of the night was given to Newly Crowned Champion Atep of Indonesia and Carl Ratcliffe.

I can't believe Mick Curran is doing so good :eek: He's always a midlevel guy in my games.

I'm not liking the way you do the event results. Can you do a summary of the results at the end? I like to skim.

Yeah I can do a quick results at the end, I just wanted to diverge away from the PbP since Nobody really reads it, so Yeah I can put quick Results at the end :)

Oh, And ALPHA-1 Steak Sauce. The Reason my Jennie Gill is 17-3 right now, is because I canned the women's division until 2003, then I picked up all the prospects from WEFF and Now they face closing down :p

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/TEWMan/ALPHA1.jpg

Jose Rocha (1-0) def. Pete Shilton (0-3) via Submission (Arm-Bar) in Round 3

Eugene Henderson (5-3) def. Chad Zoff (0-3) via KO (Head Kick) in Round 1

Hisamitsu Sasaki (1-2) def. Muhammad Hamzah (16-26) via TKO (Elbows) in Round 2

Noritoshi Itou (4-3) def. Salvador Santos (2-3) via Unanimous Decision

Russel McPhee (11-5) def. Billy Hupp (1-3) via Unanimous Decision

Felix Mattherson Jr. (19-7) def. Hugo Cruz (0-5) via Unanimous Decision

Fjodor Kanchelskis (9-8) def. Evan Pizzarro (6-8) via Split Decision

Mizuki Watanabe (9-1) def. Samantha Sachs (3-1) via Submission (Arm-Bar) in Round 2

Submission of the Night Mizuki Watanabe

KO Of the Night Eugene Henderson

Fight of the Night Fjodor Kanchelskis and Evan Pizzarro

OOC : So from now on, Fight Nights will only be written in this format, I'm way too burnt out to write a full write-up for each show

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/TEWMan/TheGiantWars.gif

Heavyweight Championship : Mason Archer vs. Gunnar Nilsson ©

Middleweight Championship : Kunimichi Kikuchi © vs. Ed Burridge

Carlos da Guia vs. Kojuro Ijichi

Derek South vs. Thomas Smith

Grace Hughes vs. Trish Biel

Simone King vs. Jessica Herbig

Randall Big vs. Tyler Lass

Mikey Wallace vs. Ikku Funaki

Heavyweight Championship : Mason Archer vs. Gunnar Nilsson ©

Middleweight Championship : Kunimichi Kikuchi © vs. Ed Burridge

Carlos da Guia vs. Kojuro Ijichi

Derek South vs. Thomas Smith

Grace Hughes vs. Trish Biel

Simone King vs. Jessica Herbig

Randall Big vs. Tyler Lass

Mikey Wallace vs. Ikku Funaki

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/TEWMan/TheGiantWars2.gif

Gunnar Nilsson and Kunimichi Kikuchi are legendary, both defending their respective titles tonight. Here's how the show went

Gunnar Nilsson (33-8) dominated Mason Archer (12-7) to a brutal KO finish in the second round. Height difference was not a factor as Nilsson had to overcome a 8 inch reach advantage and land a beautiful right hand that left Archer peacefully sleeping on the canvas. Gunnar Nilsson makes his 3rd defence of his Heavyweight Championship.

Kunimichi Kikuchi (36-12) also defended his title tonight, destroying challenger Ed Burridge (10-9) in just 0:45 seconds into the first round, landing a quick punch combination that dropped the challenger and the killer instinct kicked in, and referee Doppu Ibuu stopped the match-up and saving Burridge. Kikuchi defends his title for the first time and is set for more marquis match-ups in the future.

Carlos da Guia (42-7) got back to the wins once again, but not in the way you would expect, decisioning Kojuro Ijichi (18-11). In a match-up full of punches, kicks, knees and the occasional elbow, we hope for da Guia to get back to his old ways and become the finisher that he used to be. Speaking of shockers, how about Derek South (9-8), knocking out former GAMMA contender Thomas Smith (16-9) in the third round, with a killer liver shot, finishing the match with lethal elbows from side mount and sending Smith to La La Land.

Grace Hughes (2-3) definitely lived up to her nickname, sending a kick right to Trish Biel's (4-4) jaw, knocking her unconcious in the process, and sending her away in a stretcher. The sweet success of this match was not only the KO, but avenging her previous loss to Biel in the past. Jessica Herbig (3-2) also scored a KO punch tonight, in this match-up over Simone King (11-10) in the third round, also giving her a concussion in the process. King has been finding fighting a little hard lately due to her age, and could easily be retiring soon.

Tyler Lass (6-10) continued his climb tonight, submitting Randall Big (4-3) in the first round with a tight rear naked choke, and dominating him in the process. Mikey Wallace (1-1) was unable to pick up second win tonight, getting decisioned by Ikku Funaki (17-15) in the first fight of the night.

Tyler Lass picked up Submission of the Night, and Grace Hughes scored KO of the Night. Fight of the Night went to Carlos da Guia and Kojuro Ijichi.

For those of you who either don't like reading or are in a hurry, here are the quick results :

Quick Results

Gunnar Nilsson def. Mason Archer via KO in Round 2

Kunimichi Kikuchi def. Ed Burridge via TKO in Round 1

Carlos da Guia def. Kojuro Ijichi via Unanimous Decision in Round 3

Derek South def. Thomas Smith via TKO in Round 2

Grace Hughes def. Trish Biel via KO in Round 1

Jessica Herbig def. Simone King via TKO in Round 3

Tyler Lass def. Randall Big via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 2

Ikku Funaki def. Mikey Wallace via Unanimous Decision in Round 3

ALPHA-1 Announces Grand Prix System

This year, will be the beginning of something new, this year, every weight class will be have a grand prix, the winner earning the Grand Prix Title, and the Title shot in their respective divisions. The Competitors for the Lightweight Grand Prix are here.

Anderson Desailly

Bae Yoon

Callum Henson

Felix Mattherson Jr.

Fujimaro Hidaka

Go Yamamoto

Jack Humphreys

Jason Dalglish

Jonathan Huang

Luke Hilton

Milenko Rudonja

Nik Minear

Ray Eton

Seth O'Breen

Stefan Champion

Teeratep Nutnum

Brackets shall be posted at a later date

Lightweight GP Brackets

Milenko Rudonja vs. Jack Humphreys

Felix Mattherson Jr. vs. Luke Hilton

Ray Eton vs. Callum Henson

Jonathan Huang vs. Jason Dalglish

Anderson Desailly vs. Stefan Champion

Nik Minear vs. Teeratep Nutnum

Fujimaro Hidaka vs. Seth O'Breen

Go Yamamoto vs. Bae Yoon

My Predictions

Milenko Rudonja vs. Jack Humphreys

Felix Mattherson Jr. vs. Luke Hilton

Ray Eton vs. Callum Henson

Jonathan Huang vs. Jason Dalglish

Anderson Desailly vs. Stefan Champion

Nik Minear vs. Teeratep Nutnum

Fujimaro Hidaka vs. Seth O'Breen

Go Yamamoto vs. Bae Yoon

AFN : Zaco vs. Lim

Zaco vs. Hyun-Shik Lim

Maggie Martin vs. Haley Croft

Justin Brannagh vs. Stjepan Andric

Christine Jameson vs. Debra Everett

Sandy Olivier vs. Clare Peyton

Carmen Routhwaite vs. Fusae Miura

Rory McEnterry vs. Hisamitsu Sasaki

Last Night, the Quarter-Finalists were decided, and the brackets are set, but before we show you that, let's show you the actual show.

Seth O'Breen (6-3) will be moving on in the tournament, after avenging his earlier loss to Fujimaro Hidaka (17-15), Knocking him out in Round 1 with his awkward style of fighting, but finished the fight nonetheless. O'Breen will move on in the competition to the Quarter-Finals. Teeratep Nutnum (23-16) will also be moving on, after submitting Nik Minear (8-10) in the first round with a Rear Naked Choke, Nutnum, known for his Muay Thai, was considered by most an upset after submitting his opponent.

Jonathan Huang (16-8) also picked up a win, Knocking out Jason Dalglish (15-9), with a killer punch that moves him on in the competition. The former Lightweight title contender, looks to get back in action after a long 4 Year Layoff after losing to Felix Mattherson Jr in 2001. Milenko Rudonja (16-9) shocked the world Stopping Jack Humphreys (21-14) tonight in Round 1 with a monstrous kick that hurt the former GAMMA welterweight champion, and finished him off with more punches.

Callum Henson (14-9) scored a good win tonight, beating Ray Eton (16-12), in the third round. Henson, was very exhausted after the fight, but nonetheless moves on in the tourney. Bae Yoon (17-8) also shocked the world, Knocking out Go Yamamoto (24-17) in the Third Round also. Yamamoto, decided fighting was just not the same as it was years ago, and retired publicly tonight. We wish him good luck in other aspects of the world.

Luke Hilton (17-6) shocked the world tonight also, besting former Lightweight Champion Felix Mattherson Jr. (19-8) to move on in the competition, beating him by Unanimous Decision in the third round in the co-main event tonight. Stefan Champion (17-6) also put an end to the hype that was Anderson Desailly (7-5) breaking the Brazilian's nose in the process, of a vicious Knee Combo that knocked the Brazilian out in the first round.

KO of the Night went to Stefan Champion for his brutal display of Knee Technique, and Submission of the night went to Teeratep Nutnum, Fight of the Night was awarded to Bae Yoon and Go Yamamoto

For those that are too Lazy to read or just want to read what happened quickly, here are the quick results :

Stefan Champion def. Anderson Desailly via KO in Round 1

Luke Hilton def. Felix Mattherson Jr. via Unanimous Decision in Round 3

Bae Yoon def. Go Yamamoto via TKO in Round 3

Callum Henson def. Ray Eton via TKO in Round 3

Milenko Rudonja def. Jack Humphreys via TKO in Round 1

Jonathan Huang def. Jason Dalglish via KO in Round 3

Teeratep Nutnum def. Nik Minear via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 1

Seth O'Breen def. Fujimaro Hidaka via TKO in Round 1

New Brackets

Callum Henson vs. Bae Yoon

Jonathan Huang vs. Milenko Rudonja

Stefan Champion vs. Seth O'Breen

Teeratep Nutnum vs. Luke Hilton

AFN : Zaco vs. Lim

Rory McEnterry (2-2) def. Hisamitsu Sasaki (1-3) via Unanimous Decision in Round 3

Carmen Routhwaite (1-3) def. Fusae Miura (12-6) via KO in Round 1

Sandy Olivier (10-7) def. Clare Peyton (4-3) via KO in Round 3

Christine Jameson (3-1) def. Debra Everett (5-4) via Submission (Americana) in Round 2

Justin Brannagh (5-6) def. Stjepan Andric (13-9-3) via Unanimous Decision in Round 3

Haley Croft (15-10) def. Maggie Martin (14-8) via Split Decision in Round 3

Hyun-Shik Lim (6-2) def. Zaco (18-15-1) via Unanimous Decision in Round 3

KO of The Night Sandy Olivier

Submission of The Night Christine Jameson

Fight of The Night Haley Croft vs. Maggie Martin

Middleweight Grand Prix Participants announced !

The List of Participants can be found here

Uwe Maier

Neil Napier

Leonardo da Costa

Julio Gutierrez

Haranobu Oshiro

Hans-Peter Schneider

Fjodor Kanchelskis

Davis Spyrou

Adam White

Stephan de Winter

Phil Ball