NEO: From The Bottom Up (C-Verse)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And there was me predicting some upsets... but just in the lower card. Resulting in a shocking 0-5 on predictions.

Yeah, when I saw your predictions I winced a bit.

Perfection is perfection, even if its facing the wrong direction.

This is true. :D

End Of The Month: June 2011

End of the Month Notes

• World Importance: 34 of 37

• World Influence: 35 of 37

• Popularity: +1.0% (32.1%) GL, (5%) MA, (5%) TS

• Prestige: +0.8% (19.3%)

• Balance: -$6,169 ($81,287)

○ Worker Costs: $40,546

○ Sponsorship: $18,659

After two solid C shows NEO Championship Wrestling finished 2nd in the Regional Battle. CZCW is so hard freaking hard to to beat with their weekly show. :( Guess I'll just have to work a bit harder then.

This month we re-signed Duncan Kendall for $500, Jaime Quine for $500, Mary Beth Chase for $400, Kashmir Singh for $700, and Erik Strong for $1500.

Davis Wayne Newton signs back up with 4C. Usually I am happy when this happens, but that's because it means that there is a good change the added work will improve their skills. But since DWN is already insanely good in the ring, it just means that there is a greater chance of something bad happening to him.

Steve DeColt signs with NOTBPW. It looks like Bob Casey did something right for a change. After debuting with the company he then proceeds to win the NOTBPW Canadian title from Johnny Bloodstone. A little impatient there aren't we Bob?

In a shocking move to me, Ultimate Phoenix leaves FCW.

Speaking of shocking, SOTBPW rises to National. Then again this is the first time I've played this far in a '08 game of any kind so maybe it's not so shocking at all.

Finally we signed Teddy Powell for $1500/700 and travelling expenses. I've never gotten the best results with him, so hopefully this isn't a huge waste of money.

NEO The Truth of Consequences

• Stunning the wrestling world, Brendan Idol is the new NEO Generation champion after pinning Ultimate Phoenix. His feet might have been on the ropes, but a win is a win and like it or not Idol is the NEO Generation champion. It was rumored that Idol partied all night long after winning, but for his sake I hope he didn't party too hard because his first title defense is against the newest member of an ever expanding NEO roster, Teddy Powell.

• Brendan Idol isn't the only man from the 4-way from The Zoo to be in competition. In our semi-main event Erik Strong faces off once again with fellow NEO vet, Ultimate Phoenix while the former champ, Nigel Svensson, takes on the hungry and hyper talented Triple Threat, Davis Wayne Newton.

• Finally, Dazzling Dave Diamond has been in a rut and has stated that if he doesn't win his next match he'll quit NEO. Commissioner Jake Sawyer has granted his wish and set up a match with a mystery opponent.

Quick Picks

Dark Star vs. Ultimate Phoenix

NEO Generation: Brendan Idol © vs. Teddy Powell

Tim Westybrook vs. Jared Johnson

Dazzling Dave Diamond vs. ???

Davis Wayne Newton vs. Nigel Svensson

Time for an improvement

I know Strong's just re-signed, but I'd rather see Phoenix remain in the title picture

You are not the only one to struggle to get their monies worth out of Powell

See if he can let me down two shows running

DDD just aint good enough to beat a suprise appearance

He'll get a rematch soon, hopefully

Time for an improvement

I know Strong's just re-signed, but I'd rather see Phoenix remain in the title picture

You are not the only one to struggle to get their monies worth out of Powell

See if he can let me down two shows running

DDD just aint good enough to beat a suprise appearance

He'll get a rematch soon, hopefully

I usually don't do this, but due to your perfect ;) prediction last time I'll say this. You did not repeat your previous prediction performance. Congrats! :p

Of course I can't tell you how many or which one(s) they were cause that would just ruin the surprise.

And as always, thanks for predicting. :)

I have been off the forums for ages and all I read was the last page, so these may be way off. I just kinda went with my head. No way Idol will drop the belt yet, hopefully Nigel will be able to work his way back up to the top.

I have been off the forums for ages and all I read was the last page, so these may be way off. I just kinda went with my head. No way Idol will drop the belt yet, hopefully Nigel will be able to work his way back up to the top.

Thanks for predicting, though this isn't the reason why I am replying to you.

You see readers, MaxxHexx is starting his own 0/0/0 diary and I all want you to check it out. Should be a good one.

Thanks for predicting, though this isn't the reason why I am replying to you.

You see readers, MaxxHexx is starting his own 0/0/0 diary and I all want you to check it out. Should be a good one.

Thanks for the plug, like you said it should be cool to see the diferences between our companies with the differing products.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/NEO_banner.png

NEO The Truth of Consquences

Thursday, Week 2, July 2011

1,000 people at The Ayslum

Jim Force won a battle royal in 10:05. The final four competitors also included Danny Patterson, Sensational Singh and Arthur Dexter Bradley, with Danny Patterson being the final elimination. - D+

Notes: Mary Beth Chase is starting to become a little stale in her current role. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Danny Patterson is improving in Flying skills. Tamara is improving in Rumble skills.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/DavisWayneNewton.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/NigelSvensson.jpg

Nigel Svensson defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 9:46 by pinfall with a Running Knee Drive. - C+

Notes: Davis Wayne Newton and Nigel Svensson have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Post match, Nigel Svensson grabs the mic. After praising Davis Wayne Newton for giving him all he could handle, the former champion turns his attention to the current champ, Brendan Idol. He knows that in NEO there is no rematch clause, but says that Idol better keep that belt shiny because once he earns a title shot that title is going back around Nigel's waist. - D+

Before his match, Tim Westybrook cuts a promo demanding Commissioner Jake Sawyer give him another shot at Stevie Grayson. However this demand is only met with the sound of Jared Johnson's entrance music. - D+

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/JaredJohnson.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/TimWestybrook.jpg

Tim Westybrook defeated Jared Johnson in 9:47 by pinfall with a TNT Whirlwind. - C

Notes: Tim Westybrook and Jared Johnson have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Tim Westybrook is improving in Technical skills.

Dazzling Dave Diamond reiterates the fact that he is sick and tired of getting overlooked in this company, a company he built. Looking as pissed off as he ever has he demands that whoever this mystery man is to show himself. Triple D then corrects himself and grinning like a mad mad exclaims,"No wait I know actually who you are. You aren't a man at all. Come out here Allen Amber, you cowardly bitch!"

Triple D's tirade is met by music that is familiar to both NEO and NOTBPW wrestling fans but it isn't Misery Business by Paramore. Instead the music that plays is none other than

. Which means only one thing...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/DarkAngel.jpg

The Dark Angel has landed! - D-

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/DarkAngel.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/DazzlingDaveDiamond.jpg

Dark Angel defeated Dazzling Dave Diamond in 5:42 by pinfall with a Descent Into Hell. - C-

Notes: Dark Angel seemed off his game tonight. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Dazzling Dave Diamond is improving in Performance skills.

Brendan Idol cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Teddy Powell. He complains that even as champion he can't get enough respect to be the main event and is going to take it out on "Sammy's sidekick." - C-

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/NEOGenerationNeo.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/BrendanIdol.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/TeddyPowell_alt3.jpg

Brendan Idol defeated Teddy Powell in 23:45 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Brendan Idol makes defence number 1 of his NEO Generation title. - C

Notes: Brendan Idol and Teddy Powell just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Dark Star cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Ultimate Phoenix. He says that The Fallen has consulted the oracles and the future is not a bright one. It one that is filled with darken, a darkness that can only be The Fallen. - C

Notes: Dark Star has now switched to a C*cky Youth gimmick. It has gotten an initial B rating. Sienna DeVille helped Dark Star during this segment.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/ErikStrong_alt2.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/UltimatePhoenix.jpg

Dark Star drew with Ultimate Phoenix in 14:39 following a double disqualification. During the match we also saw PRIMUS run in and attack Ultimate Phoenix and Dark Angel come to make the save! - B-

Notes: Sienna DeVille did some good work at ringside. Dark Star is improving in Technical skills.

Overall: C+

Show Thoughts: Before I go into the rest of the show it's time for me to mark out a bit. Nigel and DWN have good chemistry and got a C+? Nigel and DWN have good chemistry and got a C+!! YAAAY!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system time to get on with my thoughts on the show. First of all, everyone give a round of applause to Dazzling Dave Diamond for finishing up his NEO career (for now). And I'm not going to lie, I actually signed Dark Angel ($1500/800 and travelling) at the tail end of last month. But I think you'd agree that it was better as a surprise. Who would have guessed Cliff freaking Wilson would be in little old NEO?

And I know that I went with bit of a gamish move by putting making the main event Dark Star & Ultimate Phoenix instead of the title match, but with the history of Idol and Sawyer, I thought it worked just fine. It got me the the best card in the history of NEO, so I'm feeling less guilty about that. ;)

Teddy Powell was unhappy with losing. I think this is going to be happening a lot since most of my people are regional stars. This might become a problem as I start growing in size and start going outside the Great Lakes.

Minor Update: Now I'm planning on doing more in-depth roster stuff than I have in the past at the end of the year (along with bigger and better world overview seeing as four years is a pretty long time). However since I am a little bit past that in-game, I am going to start working on them pretty soon so I can start booking again. This is where you come in. Is there anything you want to know about the NEO roster or the wrestling world in general?

Minor Update: Now I'm planning on doing more in-depth roster stuff than I have in the past at the end of the year (along with bigger and better world overview seeing as four years is a pretty long time). However since I am a little bit past that in-game, I am going to start working on them pretty soon so I can start booking again. This is where you come in. Is there anything you want to know about the NEO roster or the wrestling world in general?

I would like to know what everyone's momentum is looking like, and maybe more important how you got it there. Early on in your dynasty you ahd C/C+ guys, with local companies I can never get momentem that high.

Also, Dark Angel...never saw it coming. Good signing.

I would like to know what everyone's momentum is looking like, and maybe more important how you got it there. Early on in your dynasty you ahd C/C+ guys, with local companies I can never get momentem that high.

Also, Dark Angel...never saw it coming. Good signing.

Oh, at the very beginning all I did was debut them in a match. Seems to instantly give all main eventers momentum in the C range (at least a D+). I think I said something about Singh and Allen starting off with Es and that was because they debuted in an angle.

As for their current momentum (March 2012), all my main eventers are in the Cs as well as all but two of the upper midcarders. Been lazy and haven't done any storylines though those probably should have been higher. Oh well.

NEO Heat Wave

• After making waves by sending Dazzling Dave Diamond out of NEO Championship Wrestling, the 3-time NOTBPW Canadian champion "Dark Angel" Cliff Wilson takes on "Dark Star" Erik Strong and Ultimate Phoenix in a triple threat. If that wasn't big enough, the winner will become the number one contender to the NEO Generation title.

• Speaking of the NEO Generation title, the current champion, Brendan Idol goes one on one with ex-tag champion, Jaime Quine, in non-title action.

• Also on the card is a huge tag team matchup as Team America defend their titles against The Fallen, Teddy Powell looking to avenge his loss two weeks ago by defeating Bradford Powell, and Tim Westybrook takes on Arthur Dexter Bradley.

Quick Picks

#1 Contenders Match: Dark Angel vs. Dark Star vs. Ultimate Phoenix

Non-Title: Brendan Idol vs. Jaime Quine

Arthur Dexter Bradley vs. Tim Westybrook

NEO World Tag Team: Team America © vs. The Fallen

Teddy Powell vs. Bradford Peverell

Any big suprises in the big two in the US, and how are your workers doing for larger companies?

Pretty good excuse for another Star / Phoenix match

Do you want to kill Idol's momentum? Don't think so

Timmy! S'cuse me.

Interesting choice of first defence (as I normally put new champions against jobber teams), but Team America will have enough.

Unless you really want to annoy Powell

I don't see a reason for him to lose, might as well build up his momentum some more.

I never understood mixed singles matches, and she just dropped the tag titles, so she has no momentum. The champ is holding on here.

Keep rebuilding Tim.

No reason for the champs to drop the belts so soon.

He won his last match, has a higher push, and getters better ratings. Easy win for Constant Motion.

Any big suprises in the big two in the US, and how are your workers doing for larger companies?

I'll do something at the end of the year in great detail but here's a couple of surprises that have happened in the game.

1. TCW and SWF are still the big 2. Granted TCW has moved ahead of SWF and looks almost unstoppable at this point, but it was kind of strange to see both of them stay powerhouses of the the wrestling world.

2. Jack Marlowe's 12 defense title run with the TCW World Heavyweight title was a little surprising, but Clark Alexander as a main eventer is a bigger one.

3. Matthew Keith is a midcarder in TCW, but really no one has done much yet in the big leagues.

4. Owen Love is in SWF's midcard under the Canadian Cat gimmick.

- Because UP is a clear cut face and I'm not sure about the Double Dark combo. I think they both get counted out arguing face-paint application techniques.

- Title or Tidal. Idol in idle trumps Quine. Who likely bitches about it.

- Because ADB does absolutely nothing for me. And Westybrook isn't ADB.

- Because the thought of three new champions in three months amuses me.

- Sammy Bach's lesser half... Emma Chase's lesser, lesser half or lesser half-of-a-half is still more known than the Dreamy Left Hooker.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/NEO_banner.png

NEO Heat Wave

Thursday, Week 4, July 2011

711 people at The Asylum

Tamara, Ashley and Marc Speed defeated Jefferson Stardust and The Neptune Twins in 4:49 when Marc Speed defeated Jen Neptune by submission with a Cross Armbreaker. - E+

Notes: The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Ashley is improving in Rumble skills. Marc Speed is improving in Performance skills.

PRIMUS defeated The American Flash in 4:10 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. - D

Notes: PRIMUS and The American Flash don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Dark Angel comes down to the ring. He takes a microphone and starts talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interrupted by Commissioner Jake Sawyer. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before agreeing to face each other later on in a singles match. - D+

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/ArthurDexterBradley.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/TimWestybrook.jpg

Tim Westybrook defeated Arthur Dexter Bradley in 10:10 by pinfall with a TNT Whirlwind. - C-

Notes: The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Tim Westybrook is improving in Technical skills.

After the match, Tim Westybrook demands a match with Stevie one more time. This time commissioner Jake comes out and says he'll go through the trouble of getting him if and only if he can beats Nigel Svensson at the next NEO event. - D

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/NEOWorldTagTeam.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/NEOWorldTagTeam.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/JimForce.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/MaskedPatriot.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/Brimstone.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/MarkSmart_FINisher1.jpg

Team America defeated The Fallen in 6:30 when Jim Force defeated Brimstone by pinfall with a Full Force. Team America make defence number 1 of their NEO World Tag Team titles. - E+

Notes: Sienna DeVille did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The color commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Jim Force is improving in Performance skills. Masked Patriot is improving in Rumble skills. Jack Napier is improving in Rumble skills.

After the match Dark Star comes outs with PRIMUS. The two attack both Team America and surprisely their lackeys, Brimstone and Jack Napier. - C-

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/BradfordPeverell.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/TeddyPowell_alt3.jpg

Teddy Powell defeated Bradford Peverell in 9:39 by pinfall with a Motion Censor. - D

Notes: The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Brendan Idol cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Jaime Quine. He says that just because it's a non-title match and Jaime Quine is a female he isn't going to take the night off. - C+

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/BrendanIdol.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/JaimeQuine.jpg

Brendan Idol defeated Jaime Quine in 13:37 by pinfall with an Idolizer. - C

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/DarkAngel.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/ErikStrong_alt2.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/versus.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/foolinc/RPW/resized/UltimatePhoenix.jpg

Dark Angel defeated Dark Star and Ultimate Phoenix in 24:32 when Dark Angel defeated Ultimate Phoenix by pinfall with a Descent Into Hell. - C

Notes: Sienna DeVille did some good work at ringside. Dark Star is improving in Technical skills.

Overall: C-

Show Thoughts: Well the overall rating kind of sucked in comparison to the past couple of shows, but all in all it wasn't a bad show. The show was suppose to have Nigel in it somewhere because I didn't realize ROF had a show before it was to late. Can't wait till we start passing promotions. Considering I now see C-s as a disappointment this should happen pretty soon.

As to MaxxHexx's comment on the mixed singles thing, you have to remember that NEO is a pretty small roster and I don't mean in numbers. After the Super Heavyweight, Danny Patterson, does anyone want to guess the next biggest man on the roster? If you guessed announcer Rock Downpour, you'd be right! After that you have Westybrook and PRIMUS, two heavyweights, and then the light heavyweight Bradford Peverell before you get into a handful of middleweights and then the majority of the roster, lightweights. With the vast amount of lightweights I, like many of the real indies around the world, am able then to get away with using females as well as males because the size difference just isn't there. If it makes you feel better, there is a chance Jaime Quine is actually bigger than Brendan Idol since they are both lightweights. ;)

Archived