Wcw 2009

Ok, I'm about to start my very first diary. This is the scenario:

After a huge arguement with his dad, Shane McMahon angrily turned his back on WWE and decided to take care of his own matters and reinstalled the WCW in the South East.

I'll use a modified version of the latest KYR mod for this diary. The new WCW is set as a 'National' promotion, clearly smaller than WWE ('Global') and about the same size as TNA (also 'National').

The new WCW has a TV contract with TNT, which will expire after 16 shows. WCW also has contracts with 2 PPV carriers (DirecTV and Dish).

The initial roster only contains workers who previously have not been under contract (with Shane McMahon being the only exception).

For time reasons, I will not write matches in a detailed move-by-move way (as iMac does in his great 'The Next Generation' diary) but I will concentrate on what's important (so I will briefly summarize what happened in every match/angle and occasionally add a full dialogue).

Although I've spent some time in the US, I'm not a native English speaker. I hope that won't be a problem...

NEXT: The initial WCW roster

[ATTACH]3507[/ATTACH]

WCW Roster (as of 02/2009):

Active Wrestlers

Arik Cannon

Bob Holly

Chris Kanyon

Chuck Palumbo

Diamond Dallas Page

Elijah Burke

Evan Karagias

Hade Vansen

Justin LaRouche

Kid Cash

Lance Cade

Niles Young

Paul London

Raven

Rene Dupree

Shannon Moore

Vader

Non-active Workers

Al Snow (Road Agent)

Bill Goldberg (Authority/Personality)

Jim Korderas (Referee)

Jimmy Hart (Color Commentator)

Nick Patrick (Referee)

Roddy Piper (Road Agent)

Shane McMahon (Authority Figure)

Ted DiBiase Sr (Road Agent)

Female Workers

Ashley Massaro

Becky Bayless

Lacey Von Erich

Lena Yada

Noel Harlow

[ATTACH]3508[/ATTACH]

WCW Nitro, Week 1 in February 2009, held at American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL in front of 8.733 people. Commentators are Jimmy Hart and Roddy Piper.

Shane McMahon calls a company meeting to explain his motives to part from his father’s company. He also reveals that WCW is actively looking to strengthen its roster in the upcoming weeks. Furthermore, Shane lets us know that there will be 5 different titles in WCW. In the following weeks there will be qualifying matches for each title. Finally, all 5 titles will be fought for at the WCW SuperBrawl, held in 4 weeks from now.

A complete list of PPVs will be revealed right here at WCW Nitro on TNT, next Wednesday.

B-

Elijah Burke defeated Chris Kanyon in 6:34 by pinfall with an Elijah Express.

E+

We see a pre-taped interview segment featuring DDP. He tells us about his reasons to come back to WCW and that he really likes some of the young prospects of the league. He is really looking forward to working with those young guys.

C+

Paul London and Shannon Moore defeated Kid Kash and Evan Karagias in 5:45 when Paul London defeated Evan Karagias by pinfall with a 450 Splash.

D+

Hade Vansen is in the ring, holding a promo. He reads out a list of things that he doesn't like about the USA. After returning from a commercial he is still reading, finishing with the argument: "Your American Football is for little girls. In England, not only did we invent the real football, what you Americans wrongly call Soccer, also we play Rugby without helmets or shoulderpads."

E+

Rene Dupree defeated Arik Cannon in 9:47 by submission with a Cobra Clutch after blatantly cheating.

D-

After winning his match (by cheating), Rene Dupree cuts a promo (speaking a strange French accent), flexes his muscles and issues an open challenge to the entire WCW roster. He feels that he is so good that no one can beat him.

C-

Ashley Massaro and Lacey Von Erich are seen backstage, engaging in a vicious catfight.

C-

Bob Holly defeated Big Bam in 9:39 by pinfall with an Alabama Slam.

E+

During an in-ring promo, Shane McMahon tells the crowd that in tonights main event, DDP will take on Chuck Palumbo. Also, Lance Cade will take on Al Snow and that match is up next!

C

Lance Cade defeated Al Snow in 5:37 by pinfall with a Diving Elbow Drop.

C-

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Chuck Palumbo in 9:37 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter.

C-

After the match, Bob Holly runs in and attacks DDP, finishing him off with a Dropkick and his Alabama Slam. Yet, his motives remain unclear...

C-

Raven is standing in the ring cutting a promo, when the debuting Bill Goldberg steps out onto the entrance ramp to a huge pop, and cuts a promo of his own.

C

Final Show Rating: C-, Rating on TNT: 2.73

Between The Ropes

WCW today announced the signing of a hefty 38 workers, including some big name such as Bobby Lashley, Rob Van Dam, Brock Lesnar and Hulk Hogan. It is widely expected that the roster-building process of the newly founded company is now complete.

After rumours on the internet, WCW also announced that negotiations with Torrie Wilson have stalled and she will not be signed at this point.

In Ring Wrestlers

Bobby Lashley, Sonjay Dutt, Glenn Gilberti, Larry Sweeney, Monty Brown, Brandon Thomaselli, Salvatore Thomaselli, Vito Thomaselli, Snitzky, Jerry Lynn, Kevin Steen, Robbie McAllister, Rory McAllister, Sean Morley, Sylvester Terkay, Teddy Hart, Rob Van Dam, Brock Lesnar, Shark Boy, Hazem Ali, Bob Sapp, Davey Richards, D-Lo Brown, Mark Briscoe, Sid Vicious (Short Term contract), Stevie Richards, Nigel McGuiness, Hulk Hogan

Non-Wrestlers

Sgt. Slaughter, Jim Cornette, Dave Prazak (PPA contract), James Mitchell, “Slick” Mark Johnson, Stan Hansen, Bryce Remsburg

Female Competitors

Jade Chung, Shelly Martinez, Stefany

Scott Hall was too risky for me. On one of my previous game he died...

But if you look at the signings, without saying too much in advance, there should be a decent bad guy...

I also wanted to sign some top indy stars (Hero, Jacobs, Aries and a few others) but they were loyal to their respective indy promotions. Is there any way they might change their minds in the (near) future?

Sometimes its loyalty to a person which may vanish. sometimes they outgrow the promotion by becoming too popular for the size but many times its the multiple contracts they have so just wait till they get below 3 and snap em up.

PS Scott Hall dying is mainly cauz of his bad habits just comprehensive test him and stern warn/fine/last chance a good many times until he says promise wont get caught on all three. then fire his ass but dont complete the firing the next day that will sober him up asap.

[ATTACH]3510[/ATTACH]

WCW Nitro, Week 2 in February 2009, held at Hara Arena in Dayton, OH in front of 5.000 people (sold out). Commentators are Dave Prazak, Disco Inferno and Jimmy Hart.

Shane McMahon opens the show and introduces the WCW PPV schedule which is shown on the titantron:

January: Souled Out

February: SuperBrawl

March: Uncensored

April: Spring Stampede

May: Slamboree

June: Great American Bash

July: Bash At The Beach

August: Road Wild

September: Fall Brawl

October: Halloween Havoc

November: World War 3

December: Starrcade

He also announces that in tonight’s main event Elijah Burke will match up against Lance Cade.

B-

After being attacked by Holly last week, Diamond Dallas Page defeated Bob Holly in 8:43 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter.

C

Bill Goldberg appears and lets us know that he spoke to Shane McMahon and made sure he gets a chance to face Raven in the ring. The match will take place at this month's PPV: WCW SuperBrawl.

C+

The Highlanders defeated Kid Kash and Big Bam in 5:32 when Robbie McAllister defeated Kid Kash by pinfall with a Spike Pedigree.

D-

Backstage, we see Becky Bayless interviewing Diamond Dallas Page after his win agains Bob Holly. After what he had said last week, DDP challenges Hade Vansen to a match next week on Nitro.

C

Vader defeated Arik Cannon and Niles Young in 5:47 when Vader defeated Niles Young by pinfall with a Vader Bomb after Noel Harlow accidentaly hit Arik Cannon with a chair.

D+

Stevie Richards comes to the ring and declares that he accepts the open challenge made by Rene Dupree last week. “Dupree, get your Canadian ass in the ring!”

C-

Rene Dupree defeated Stevie Richards in 5:48 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

D

After beating Stevie Richards, Rene Dupree grabs the microphone and, again, issues an open challenge to the entire roster.

C-

Backstage, Gene Snitsky runs into Niles Young and Arik Cannon, who argue after their loss to Vader. Without a clear reason Snitzky completely destroys them.

B-

Chuck Palumbo and Raven defeated Paul London and Shannon Moore in 8:30 when Raven defeated Shannon Moore by pinfall with a Raven Effect.

D+

After their catfight last week, Ashley challenges Lacey Von Erich to a match. Lacey comes out and states that she will have no problems beating Ashley because she’s from a traditional wrestling family, grew up in this buisness and thus she is far superior to all the other divas in the company.

D-

Lance Cade defeated Elijah Burke in 12:59 by pinfall with a Roll Up after Burke was distracted by Disco Inferno from the announcer's table. Burke dominated much of the match but in the end he was surprised by a smart Lance Cade.

C+

Before the show is over, Shane McMahon comes out again and introduces his newest signing:

“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the greatest of them all, the man who made wrestling what it is today, the immortal – HULK HOGAN!!!”

Hogan comes to the ring, casually dressed, and the crowd gives him a standing ovation. He shakes hands with Shane and explains that he’ll “help to grow this company up. I’m here for something special.”

B+

The crowd continues to cheer for Hogan, who then introduces another new signing:

“One to watch for in the future. He’s got all the tools you need but up north his talents were wasted, just as so many others. Please welcome, my protégé – Kenny Dykstra!”

A

Final Show Rating: C+, Rating on TNT: 3.16

Between The Ropes

WCW today announced that the company signed Eric Bischoff, Lita and Sarieha. While Bischoff and Sarieha will probably concentrate on managing other wrestlers Lita, who just recently returned to the buisness after a lengthy hiatus, is also expected to return to the ring in the companies Women's Division.

Archived