Anyone else have that feeling (apart from Infinitywpi :p) that they're just treading water with their promotion?.

In my Ring Of Fire game in the middle of 2013, I'm hitting regular C at least rated shows but the regional battles keep knocking me back down so it seems like i'll never hit Cult.

I regularly beat MoSC and 21CW but CWW share most of my roster and just pip me each month.

I've got about 500k in the bank and make 5k to 10k a month but quickly running out of patience and the will to keep going :(.

I run ROF Wrestlepalooza in the South (2hrs, medium) the 2nd week of each month and then have a ROF main event show in the Midlands (2hrs, medium also) at the end of each month.

I'm at C- pop, D importance in the Midlands, D- pop and imp in the South and F+ pop and imp in the other UK regions.

I know the UK is pretty tough to progress in but if anyone has ideas on what I can do, I'd be interested in hearing them.

Its easy to get that feeling when you're at the top as well. Not that running the SWF is the most challenging promotion in the game in the first place. At least at first, I felt like TCW was hot on my heels, but when they unexpectly dropped to Cult and lost both TV shows... Whoa, I really have no domestic competition. So it does start to feel like things are just staying in the same place sometimes. What keeps it fresh is that stories, developing the young guys, and, of course, the diary itself.

Anyone else have that feeling (apart from Infinitywpi :p) that they're just treading water with their promotion?

HEY!

.... my god, I've become a running gag...

Anyway, if you keep losing to CWW... check and see how many of your people place you above them. Then declare war and renegotiate with all of them so they leave CWW with a talent gap.

Of course, this only works if your talent likes you more than CWW.

Alternately, declare war on the two you know you can beat on a regular basis and see if that helps boost you up.

I used to feel like that, failing after years of play at most my games, then something clicked and i started to do pretty well with my promotions, now my methods are not as exciting as they should be but they get the job done.

I select 1 main eventer, put him and 2 upper midcarders, 2 midcarders , 2 lower , etc etc all in a stable, repeat rince this untill my full roster are group together in stables, i put everyone in none chained storylines in the same way, i then run the 8v8 angles on my shows 4 times per show (5mins each) with the 2 top guys in my company allways as the 2 rated for overness, and then work down my stable lists for the other 6 guys, doing this every show (running a weekly small show if im regional or cult, tv show or weekly ppv if im doing a little better) within a few months the momentum of most my roster is above c+ with most my main event on B+ and my top guys on A, the stables usually range from B- to B+ with my storylines getting over as A+ as a result of me useing only 2 rated talents (allways the same 2 most over guys) for each of the angles.

This builds momentum and popularity constantly, instead of just "trading popularity" from loser to winner and occasionally generating some due to an excellent match or some other factor, but your actually creating overness out of nowere increasing your promotions net popularity and leading to some strong increases (I can reach national in 2 years from low cult in most cases useing this tactic)

I dont edit the game database, i simply employ a very boring but time tested method to ensure momentum and popularity growth across the board.

Hope it helps someone, And if not i hope it provides someone a little pleasure while flame baiting it (-:

Anyone else have that feeling (apart from Infinitywpi :p) that they're just treading water with their promotion?.

In my Ring Of Fire game in the middle of 2013, I'm hitting regular C at least rated shows but the regional battles keep knocking me back down so it seems like i'll never hit Cult.

I regularly beat MoSC and 21CW but CWW share most of my roster and just pip me each month.

I've got about 500k in the bank and make 5k to 10k a month but quickly running out of patience and the will to keep going :(.

I run ROF Wrestlepalooza in the South (2hrs, medium) the 2nd week of each month and then have a ROF main event show in the Midlands (2hrs, medium also) at the end of each month.

I'm at C- pop, D importance in the Midlands, D- pop and imp in the South and F+ pop and imp in the other UK regions.

I know the UK is pretty tough to progress in but if anyone has ideas on what I can do, I'd be interested in hearing them.

My advice for anybody feeling burned out is: run less shows. If you're stuck in a regional battle, put your effort into one very good show instead of two good shows. Constantly bring in outside talent, if only to job for your regulars. Don't just run the same angles with the same guys.

If that doesn't work, use the editor: TEW is a game, and the game gives you an in-game editor for a reason. Sure, you may be mocked for your lack of game-exploiting acumen, but at least you'll be enjoying your game.

I used to feel like that, failing after years of play at most my games, then something clicked and i started to do pretty well with my promotions, now my methods are not as exciting as they should be but they get the job done

This builds momentum and popularity constantly, instead of just "trading popularity" from loser to winner and occasionally generating some due to an excellent match or some other factor, but your actually creating overness out of nowere increasing your promotions net popularity and leading to some strong increases (I can reach national in 2 years from low cult in most cases useing this tactic)

I dont edit the game database, i simply employ a very boring but time tested method to ensure momentum and popularity growth across the board.

Hope it helps someone, And if not i hope it provides someone a little pleasure while flame baiting it (-:

Gee, that sure sounds familiar. :p By the way, with certain products and the right workers chosen in the right conditions (and of course, enough shows run), you can do Regional to National in 2 game years. Then again, my niche makes me almost bulletproof so I don't really have to worry about much except regional battles (and National when I get there).

If that doesn't work, use the editor: TEW is a game, and the game gives you an in-game editor for a reason. Sure, you may be mocked for your lack of game-exploiting acumen, but at least you'll be enjoying your game.

I can agree with this. A friend of mine was stuck in a similar rut with EWA. I told him to make some of the unemployed North American workers available to him via the editor and now, he's flying high. Bottom line is, if the game is more frustrating than fun, you have the means to change that. Just don't get bat(poop) insane with it.

Declaring war on CWW, EWA, MoSC and UEW has helped, gone through a few more months and suddenly on a roll, one show from Cult :eek:.

21CW are still bigger than me but plan on declaring war once at Cult then harvesting all their stars like i've done with the others.

I made an extra 1hr show (ROF Southern Invasion) in the South and that accelerated things whilst still making a profit which is good.

The joy will no doubt turn to horror and despair when it bankrupts ROF :).

See? Trust the Infinitywpi. He knows of which he speaks. Even if he does not always practice it. :) War can be a huge help, if you can reliably put on better shows... which, if you can steal the talent, should be quite often, especially in a more 'closed system' like the UK. Bit harder to do in the US unless you use a specific type of worker.

Archived