The X-WA || "An Act of Vengeance for The Fallen Angel"

Great show write-up! I'm really digging Jack Griffith these days... He feels like your version of "Raven". Psychological-based character with some "axes to grind". He has a great story to him... Keep it up!

Thanks for the comment CZCW! I can def. see the comparisons between the two characters. I've made Griffith into a philosophical kind of voice due to his years of pain, self-reflecting, and ultimately self-destruction. Those who have gone through immense levels of pain (especially those who are addicts) tend to have a very deep understanding (or misunderstanding in some senses) of life.

His addiction has skewed his sense of reality so much so that philosophical rants tend to happen more so than not. He's one of my fav. people to book so far... which is crazy to say since in most personal games I would get really bored of Griffith and normally job him out like crazy.

The fun thing about a character like Griffith in the X-WA is that he doesn't always need to win to generate "heel heat". So, booking him becomes a wide-open possibility.

Also. Good to see that you're starting to push some focus towards Marquez. He's a talented motha. ha. I do that all the time though and forget to check peoples schedules. Looking forward to the next show though. Especially if you are still planning on putting more focus on the up and coming marquez!

Vicente is growing on me as of late. His ability to grab a good grade with just about anybody makes me love him even more. hah. To be honest, it's the complexity of his feud with Griffith that ultimately made me love his character.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/Best%20Of/untitled3.jpg

With the close of every in-game month, I've dedicated a post to the "Best Of" that month. This was created so that newbies to my X-WA Diary could easily jump "into the action" without having to do extensive amounts of reading before hand. Each award category was designed in which to give a fitting synopsis of what the X-WA Landscape looked like over the last month. With that being said, Enjoy!

Superstar of the Month: Acid (x2)

Reason: How can this award go to anyone other than THE most dominant competitor in the X-WA? The X Champion himself, Acid, was able to deliver an astonishing undefeated record of 4 - 0. During this time period he successfully defended the X Championship at "eXcessive Force" versus the cruiserweight Stand-out, Fumihiro Ota, in an epic affair. Until someone is able match the kind of campaigns that Acid forges... He will stand alone as the Superstar of every month to follow.

Match of the Month: Acid over Vicente Marquez, X-WA "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg", 3rd week of April 2008.

Reason: While the X Championship wasn't on the line and to most this was a "Main Event squash waiting to happen" on paper... The match-up between Vicente Marquez and Acid on "Blitzkrieg" would prove to be the best match of the month in the X-WA! Marquez, at the time, was seen as nothing more than a lowly midcarder engulfed in a budding storyline with a raging psycho... However, his "jaw-dropping" performance against the X Champion would catapult his name into the stars. Even despite losing... Marquez has become a "Mega-Star in progress" due to his iconic one on one with Acid. In the end, this match would prove to be THE best match of the month based upon the fact that it helped to "create" a New potential Main Eventer out of Vicente Marquez.

Angle of the Month: William Kingsbury III walks out on the X-WA, "eXcessive Force", 3rd week of April 2008

Reason: Hands down, this was the most shocking moment, in and out of the ring, in the X-WA this past month. William Kingsbury III had been battling through a series of challenges set up by Nemesis in-which to ultimately "Prove himself worthy of another X-WA X Championship Match". In a lot of ways, Nemesis's challenge for Kingsbury was more than just a process of "jumping through hoops" to get to the ultimate prize in the X-WA... but rather... It was a series of tests to see if Kingsbury was ready to be anywhere near the Main Event in general. While Kingsbury was able to win-out through all of the matches set for by the X-WA Owner, in reality... his bodyguard Vladimir did most of the dirty work, Kingsbury was enraged to find out that all he had accomplished up until then was only part of "Phase 1". When you couple that with the NEW stipulation that Vladimir was no longer allowed to play a physical role at ringside... Kingsbury completely lost it! However, instead of levying another attack on the unsuspecting Owner... Kingsbury made the bold move by out-right quitting the X-WA. Currently, Kingsbury has reiterated his desire to leave the wrestling industry as a whole (not just the X-WA). Only time will tell whether or not the controversial superstar will find his way back to the X-WA.. or to wrestling for that matter.

Trio of the Month: "The Circus" (x2)

Reason: One could argue that the "Next-Gen-Trio" could have come away with this victory for their continued impact upon the X-WA, however, in the end, no one can touch "The Circus". This band of demonic misfits made history this month when they defeated Hell Monkey, Enygma Extreme, and American Elemental in the first ever "Bloody Big Top Match" at "eXcessive Force". The destructive scaffold match would prove to be this vile Trio's playground as Whippy the Clown was able to outlast all competitors and ultimately claim victory for his threesome. Just like Acid, "The Circus" will only be dethrowned from this montly award if another Trio is able to match their overall dominance. With that being said, the X-WA is sadly quite light as it pertains to functioning Trio's... and with no potential newcomers on the horizon... "The Circus" could hold this position for many months to come.

Disappointment of the Month: Hell Monkey, Enygma Extreme, and American Elemental [Three-Way Tie]

Reason: This may seem harsh to many, however, this decision was made solely upon the fact that the Hell Monkey inspired Trio was never truly able to defeat "The Circus" as a whole. Their rag-tag, war-torn personalities seemed to mesh quite well together... However, their inability to "come up big in the clutch" ultimately had them fall into this award. They looked like a strong Trio at points... And had many wondering if the X-WA Six Man Championships would eventually end up in their hands... However, in the end, "The Circus" was far to much for them and these three superstars found their demise just as quickly as they were formed.

*Key: When a superstar has won the very award that they won this month previously... Then you'll see a marking of "(x?)" next to their name. For example, Acid won the "Superstar of the Month" last month in the X-WA... So, you'll see a (x2) next to his name... Noting the fact that he is a two-time winner in this category.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/xwadotcom.jpg

STORY: The 5 People we expect to see named as the potential #1 Contender to the X-WA X Championship.

It's that time again. We have recently come off of, yet, another X-WA PPV event with the same lingering question in mind.... Who has the ability to dethrone the X-WA X Champion, Acid? Many have stepped up to the plate previously, however, all of them have fallen to the most dominant figure in Pro Wrestling Today!

In this article, We are going to dissect who WE believe, here at X-WrestlingAmerica.com, could go on to challenge Acid for the X Championship at the X-WA's May PPV Event, "Reckless Ascent". After reviewing their track records with the company, We've compiled a listing of 5 superstars who could ultimately do the un-thinkable in 3 weeks... Defeat Acid and claim the X-WA X Championship as their own!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/FumihiroOta_alt-1.jpg

Fumihiro Ota: Arguably the safest bet in who may go on to face Acid at "Reckless Ascent", however, not necessarily a "Slam Dunk" choice either. Ota has pushed Acid to the brink of his first loss on two different occasions, however, in both bouts... Acid found a way to overcome Ota's advances and ultimately come out on top. While no one has defeated Acid in a one-on-one match... Fumihiro Ota has shown that he has been the closest to victory. This could spell another re-match for the stand-out cruiserweight, however, you must also keep in mind that Nemesis doesn't seem to high on his chances. This last week on "Blitzkrieg", the X-WA Owner vowed that, while Ota is a honored superstar here in the X-WA, that he had another superstar in mind to achieve the #1 contenders spot. Then again, Nemesis also proclaimed that if Ota were to produce a "strong showing" that night in a three way dance versus Phoenix and Monkey... That he could ultimately work his way back into the title hunt. Therefore, after Ota was successful in said match-up... one could logically say that Fumihiro Ota is the front runner to receive, yet, another X-WA X Championship match.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/ChampagneLover-1.jpg

Vicente Marquez: There is no one "hotter" in the X-WA today then the young up-and-coming superstar, Vicente Marquez. Not only was the native-Mexican able to defeat the hell-bent psychopath, Jack Griffith, this last week at "eXcessive Force" in a no DQ Match.... but... The youngster was also part of one of the best matches in X-WA history when he faced off against the X Champion, Acid, a few weeks back on "Blitzkrieg". No doubt Marquez would be the "sexy pick" for Nemesis, as he looks to the future of his company, however, many believe that he may not be ready just yet for an X Championship shot. Sure, he's got the looks... the speed... the ability... and the fan-fare... However, some still consider the youngster a little to "green" for the Main Event spotlight. With that being said, If Nemesis is looking to start a "new era" in the X-WA... Marquez could be his choice for the new #1 contender!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/SilverShark-1.jpg

Silver Shark: This may be a long-shot.... however, Silver Shark showed that he had the "heart of a champion" 2 months back when he went toe-to-toe with the X Champion at "Shockwaves" (The X-WA's March PPV Event). The colorful high flier took everything that Acid could dish out... and kept on coming back for more. Overall, Sharks' performance shocked many within the X-WA who never would have thought that the "P-G Squad" member had it in him. However, in the end, Acid had worn the international superstar down to the point where he was unable to break a debilitating submission hold. For this reason, We believe that Silver Shark may still be on the mind of the X-WA Owner as a potential new #1 Contender... Possibly giving him another shot to redeem himself and potential come away with the X-WA's top prize in the process!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/SteveFlash_FIN10-1.jpg

Steve Flash: The choice of Steve Flash wouldn't shock anyone, however, the Indy Wrestling Legend is coming off of a very serious string of injuries bestowed upon him by "The Next-Gen-Trio". These injuries at one point had brought his career into question, however, now with him back... We could have another epic match-up between these two superstars! On the very first telecast of "Blitzkrieg" in the first week of May... Steve Flash pushed Acid to the edge and back in a unforgiving Steel Cage Match. Many believed that Flash was on the verge of winning the X Championship, shortly after Acid had originally won the title, only to have those hopes destroyed with Francios Cartier of the "Next-Gen-Trio" interfered and slammed the steel cage door squarely into the head of Flash, as he attempted to exit the cage and achieve a momentous victory. So, with a track record to show that he was screwed out of his original X Championship match... Will the embattled Veteran find his way back to the Main Event scene? While this may be a perfect "feel good" moment for the X-WA... Many behind the scenes are whispering about whether or not Flash would be able to physically compete in such a high profile match following his life-changing injuries. Needless to say... This choice, while a impactful one no doubt, may be in question...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/FrankiePerez_alt1-1.jpg

Kill Switch: This is our "Dark Horse" choice for the new #1 Contender to the X-WA X Championship. While he is currently 1/3 of the X-WA Six Man Champions, Kill Switch has stepped into the unspoken role of "Circus" Leader. The ringmaster if you will. Not necessarily through his words but more so through his actions... Being the most consistent competitor within the dominant X-WA Trio. While he hasn't been a member of the "Main Event Scene" since the companies inception... He is an absolutely strong competitor with a knack for delivering on his unspoken promises. Sometimes you need to find a carbon copy of one man to take down the other.. and in a lot of ways... Kill Switch is on the same level as an animalistic fighter like Acid. One thing is for sure, While this may be a longshot, we would LOVE to see a Kill Switch vs. Acid match-up at "Reckless Ascent"... Even the PPV fits quite well with how we would envision the match to go down.

There you have it! Those are the 5 superstars WE believe could come away with the honor of being the NEW #1 Contender to the X-WA X Championship!

Here is where you, the reader, come into play! If you feel the desire to leave a prediction of your own of who can ultimately walk away as the next challenger to Acid's Championship... Then leave your feedback below! We here, at X-WrestlingAmerica.com, love to hear from our readers whenever possible!

STORY: Interview with the former X-WA Arena Champion, Ultimate Phoenix.

One of the most shocking scenarios to come away from last week's PPV broadcast, "eXcessive Force", was the fact that Ultimate Phoenix lost the X-WA Arena Championship to Stric Lee Bizness without being pinned or forced to submit. Now, it looks like the two magnetic superstars are now coming to a final clash this next week on "Blitzkrieg" as Stric Lee Bizness is set to defend his newly obtained Arena Championship up against it's former owner. X-WA Announcer, Jonathan Owens recently sat down with Ultimate Phoenix to address their upcoming affair.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/UltimatePhoenix-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/JonathanOwens-1.jpg

Jonathan Owens: Thank you for sitting down with us, Ultimate Phoenix. Let's get right into it... This last week you were forced to hand over your X-WA Arena Championship even though Stric Lee Bizness forced Teddy Powell to submit and not you. You could say that you were "screwed" out of your own championship... Do you see it this way?

Ultimate Phoenix: No. Even though Stric Lee defeated Powell to take the Arena Championship... It was my fault for allowing the match to get to that point. If I could have sealed the deal a little earlier on then I would have retained my championship. It's as simple as that... I don't like Stric Lee by any means, however, he is the rightful Champion as of right now.

Jonathan Owens: So you don't buy into those who think you suffered from a bit of bad luck?

Ultimate Phoenix: No. He did what it took to win the match... I Can't fault him for that. However, with that being said, he did NOT take the title squarely from me... So... While he's the rightful Champion.... I'm still the rightful #1 Contender.

Jonathan Owens: You touch on a great point here. Stric Lee, as long as you two have been feuding over the Championship, has never defeated you one-on-one. If my memory doesn't fail me... I do believe you're 2-0 over the current Champ. So, needless to say, do you think you have what it takes to make it 3-0 and ultimately regain the title?

Ultimate Phoenix: That's what my position has been ever since the PPV. I'm not going to complain about losing the title... SLB did his best and came away with the Championship... That's set in stone. However, what I can do is bring my "A game" with me next week on "Blitzkrieg" and, in the end, take my Championship back! Stric Lee has shown that he can't beat me one-on-one... How will next weeks match be any different? Mark my words.... I will go 3-0.... I will regain the Arena Championship!

Jonathan Owens: If you do, however, do you expect Stric Lee to be as cordial as you have been? If you remember, Stric Lee originally stole the X-WA Arena Championship from you a few weeks back following a match-up you had with Teddy Powell. In that match-up, Stric Lee was named as the "Special Guest Referee", and as it all came to a close.... He assaulted both of you... Stealing the title in the progress. If you end up winning this next week... Do you expect the same to happen again?

Ultimate Phoenix: Ever since I originally beat Stric Lee for the Arena Championship back in February... He's been obsessed... Absolutely obsessed. Every week, there was SLB... Following me around from the shadows of the arena. A few times... He made it apparent to the rest of you as well that he couldn't pull himself away from what he felt was "his" (the Arena Championship). He's a sadistic, vile, vicious kind of fighter... Cares more about dissecting his opponents into injury versus picking up the victory. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow his same course of action. The big difference here is... If he loses this time... I'll be ready for him! If I can come away with the Arena Championship... There is NO WAY he'll be able to pry it from my hands ever again. I promise you that...

Jonathan Owens: Thank you, Phoenix. Tune into "Blitzkrieg" this week as Ultimate Phoenix will challenge for the X-WA Arena Championship, the title he once held a matter of a week ago, against the current champion... "The Ice Man"... Stric Lee Bizness.

STORY: "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg" Card.

[1st Week of May 2008]

With the recent announcement of this month's PPV Event, "Reckless Ascent", hanging above the X-WA... Many questions have formed. What does the name ultimately mean? What matches will litter the card? and Who will go on to challenge Acid for the X-WA X Championship in 2 weeks? While these questions may continue to plague the company for the next three "Blitzkrieg" episodes... one thing is for certain... You can count on the X-WA to deliver northing short of an innovative environment as we go forward.

With that being said, Here is the upcoming card for X-WA "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg"...

Silver Shark w/ "The P-G Squad" vs. Vicente Marquez

Fumihiro Ota vs. Francios Cartier w/ "The Next-Gen Trio"

American Elemental vs. Enygma Extreme vs. Hell Monkey

[Three Way Match - "Texas Tornado" Rules]

[Elimination Match]

Stric Lee Bizness © vs. Ultimate Phoenix

[X-WA Arena Championship Match]

|| "Blitzkrieg" Main Event ||

Kill Switch w/ "The Circus" vs. Steve Flash

Also:

* After further review, Nemesis will declare the NEW #1 Contender to the X-WA X Championship!

* William Kingsbury II, father of the former X-WA superstar, will make an official apperance on "Blitzkrieg" this week!

That's right Ladies and Gentlemen, The billionaire himself will make a landmark apperance this week on "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg"! Little is known as to why the Father of the former X-WA superstar, William Kingsbury III, will be present at our taping this week... however... It's easy to comprehend that it will be based upon his Son's abrupt departure from the company! This and much, much, much more will be taking place this week on X-WA "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg".

*** "Blitzkrieg" Quick Picks ***

Silver Shark vs. Vicente Marquez

Fumihiro Ota vs. Francios Cartier

Kill Switch vs. Steve Flash

I'm shocked that more people don't comment on your diary. I guess its just up to me and Apupanchua@optonline. :cool:

Shark has been M.I.A. and Marquez is on the up and up.

Cartier may be the man of the future but Ota is still a big main eventer for you

He was the leader of their Trio. He will probably win this for that reason. Maybe causing tension.

Stric Lee Bizness won't lose the title right away

Kill Switch may get the win if you're looking to push him up the ranks. But with the X-WA being heel heavy Steve Flash will win.

I just finished the last show. I hadn't had the time to sit and really give it a read. Good show for the most part, nice to see something evolving into other things. AE moving on to Jack Griffith while Marquez gets to move up is top of my list.

Draw these two are my top picks for next contender I think Shark deserves it a little more but I think a nice three way match for the title might be nice.

Wins to remain a contender for the title

Monkey moves on to something else but he pins Enygma while AE is attacked by Jack.

SLB wins cleanly although Phoenix looks strong.

Sorry Frankie your good run stops with Flash

STORY: Endulge in your Psychosis.

Jack Griffith has endured a life-long obession with self-mental mutliation. Due to misfortunes early in his life... Jack found himself on an accelerate downward spiral filled with drugs and alchohol at every turn. After years of destructive abuse, both mentally and physically, Jack found himself slipping... losing touch with reality, fighting a losing battle with addiction, and ultimately losing his tag as the "Next Big Thing".

This fact would land Griffith in years of emotional and substance abuse rehibilitation. He was unable to stay clean.. unable to fight the demons that took him from "the top of the mountain.. down into the ditches of life". Following, what seemed to be, a stint of sobriety... Jack was allowed to return to Pro Wrestling with the condition that he meet with his New York based therapist on a weekly basis. Shortly after his initial loss with the company... Jack lost control... He lost the constructed self he worked to develop in hours of therapy... He quit seeing his therapist, going AWOL on a few occassions, and has now spiraled completely out of control.

X-WA Owner, Jonathan Owens, recently sat down with the troubled superstar to touch on a few subjects... most importantly his arch-nemesis... Vicente Marquez.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/JackGriffith_alt3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/JonathanOwens-1.jpg

Jonathan Owens: First and foremost, I would like to thank you for sitting down with me today, Jack. I know that you're a busy...

[He's cut off by Griffith as Jack barely lifts his head from his heads... Rather, looking down at the overly cracked concrete floor that lays below him]

Jack Griffith: blah... blah... blah... blah... blah...

Jonathan Owens: Excuse me?

Jack Griffith: blah... blah... blah... Don't you get it Jonathan? [rubbing his hands firmly across the back of his neck] Your pleasentries are pointless... I know "they" sent you here to talk to me.... "they" want to see me endulge in my psychosis... [slightly raises his head up to make eye contact with Owens]... But, I'm not going to give it to them [bursts into laughter]... You see... I'm sick and god-damn tired of all of you "know it all's" telling me that I'm suffering from this... and that I'm a addicted to that... [forcefully shakes his head back and forth... over and over again]... The truth is... I'm in control... [taps his head]... I know what I'm doing.... I know who I am... I don't need to tell you!

[Jonathan is obviously taken back by Griffith's forceful manor of speech. After slowly clearing his throat and re-adjusting his position within his chair... Owens dives back into the topic at hand.... Acting as a true professional in the end.]

Jonathan Owens: Can I speak with you about Vicente Marquez?

[Just as Owens mutters Marquez's name... Griffith full body cringes... As if his very name was rejected by Griffith's body upon hearing it]

Jack Griffith: Marquez... Marquez... F*ck you... You little rat!

Jonathan Owens: You've made it very apparent that Vicente reminds you of yourself at one point... "On top of the world"... Without any downfall in sight. He looks to be one of the hottest up and coming superstars in the X-WA Today...

Jack Griffith: What goes up.... Must... come down...

[Fit of vile laughter as he burries his head back into his hands]

Jonathan Owens: That's exactly my question. Why are you hell-bent on seeing Marquez "come down"? I know, as a society, we typically build up someone in which to ultimately tear them down.. but... I just...

[Jack Griffith, once again, cuts him off... Still staring down at the cracked concrete below his feet.]

Jack Griffith: Don't give me your societal bullsh*t!

[snaps his head up to look at Owens... An awkward silence follows... Griffith then goes on to speak with a feverish tone.]

Jack Griffith: "Your Society" is full of hippocrates and shrinks... Don't tell me about "your society" and what they feel. [slowly cracks his neck and then twitches for a second... Looking as if he is about to puke as he says the next name]... Vicente Marquez is a naive little punk... A "god" to many... and a signal for "hope" for those who want to better their lives. What about me? What do I signal to "your society"?

Jonathan Owens: Well... you...

[Jack, not allowing Owens to speak, instantly jumps in with an interjected source of rage.]

Jack Griffith: "Your Society" sees me as a "trainwreck".... a "Psycho"... An Addict?... right, Jonathan? [Creepily laughs] Call me what you will... I can take it... I've been through hell and back... your words don't dig at me the way you want them too...

Jonathan Owens: Let's focus on that... You recently said that you first turned to drugs and alchohol when you were 10 years old following the death of your mother. [Griffith cringes] You lived with your demons for your entire teenage years and on into your early 20's.... Even finding success in the SCCW before the heavy abuse began to take a toll on your heart... your body... and your mind....

[Jack interjects]

Jack Griffith: Through out my childhood... I had hundreds of "know it all's" try to help me. They'd try to teach me lessons along the way... Help me cope with my misfortunes... but did it help? [forcefully shakes his head] I spent days under an interstate on-ramp... Practically choking on my own vomit... Drinking my life away... "they" all tried to help me... But I couldn't be fixed. This is who I am... This is who I will always be... Don't you get that, Jonathan?

[Griffith stands up in a violent fashion.. kickin his chair out behind him and looking up to the ceiling... Finally throwing his arms out to his side and opening his mouth as if rain was falling down upon him.]

Jack Griffith: Vicente Marquez grew up in poverty as well... He grew up with others holding him back... telling him that he wouldn't amount to anything. He was lucky to keep his Mother... to keep his Family... [shaking now] I wasn't.... Marquez climbed his way to the "top of the X-WA" in 2 short months... Is loved by everyone... Is loved by you, Jonathan.... He's on the verge of a break-through career... Well, that is unless I get my way... [Vile laughter follows] You see... I'm going to put Marquez through the same ringer that I was forced into... I didn't choose my pathway... Fate... Destiny... They chose this for me. Now, I will play the role of "Fate"... of... "Destiny"... Inflicting this same downward spiral upon the loved, the praised, the adored... Vicente Marquez.

Jonathan Owens: So... You want to see Marquez fall, as you did, just so that he can understand your pain?

[Jack, once again, lets out a vile belly laugh... Snapping his head back and forth.. Finally looking over at Owens and inching closer]

Jack Griffith: He will understand my pain.... [scratches at his face].... He will LIVE my HELL... He will Forever feel what it's like to be projected as a somebody... only to lie in the ditches of New York as a cracked out has-been... A "mentally unstable" rat...

[The interview from there would abruptly close as Griffith storms out of the room... His shaking now uncontrollable and obvious to anyone watching on. Owens, trying to regain his composure, walks off the set as well.... Asking for the rest of the day off for his troubles]

This guy? :D

But that aside, I love these interviews. That Griffith one especially was fantastic, really gives you an inside edge on the character. Great way to flesh them out, well done.

haha, I just caught that one. Typically, when I don't know how to spell something I look it up with google and get the correct spelling. however, last night, in my daze I ended up thinking that that was the correct spelling. Hippocrates vs. Hypocrites. :D Thanks for the catch! I would have gone along like it was right. ha.

Thanks for the comment though, Nedew! This interview was one of my fav's to write as Griffith's character is built upon layers and layers. I started to throw these kind of posts in so that people could get a feel for the character.. that way when they read the show... They can almost "see" that person interacting with others.

Anywhizzle, Thanks for checking it out! There will be more in the future!

Cheers.

Not much to say this time. I am enjoying this though. I hope Matthew Flash will be made an "employee" by the PPV.

Trevor L.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/untitled.jpg

Ascent: [uh-sent] -noun- Origin 1590-1600

"an act of ascending; upward movement; a rising movement"

The X-WA has recently released the name of our upcoming May PPV Event... And I can't foresee anything more fitting to call our next PPV venture than... "Reckless Ascent". Since our inception, The X-WA has been likened to a speeding locomotive on the verge of the Horizon ahead. Crazily accelerating out of control and delivering a sense of recklessness that only we can provide. Sure, there have been many promotions before who have attempted to carry such an overall tone... however... most of them have fallen by the wayside after brief stints of sustainability.

It's only a matter of time before the masses "fall in line" with the new look of Professional Wrestling. The days of 300 pound monsters mowing over cruiserweights in a sign of absolute power have come and gone... No longer will you have to be subjected to another Runaway Train.... Another Bruce the Giant... Another Sam Strong. Sure, they've made their names into Legendary markings on the wall... But that was in a previous time and place. An era where "Big Men were Kings"... and the speedy cruiserweights were nothing more than an under glorified opening match. We've come to a new place and time.... a new era.... An innovative generation.... and this "new wave" has been perpetuated by the X-WA.

Since day one, The X-WA has been all about producing a mixture of concrete wrestling ability, A "High Octaine" Modern focus, and an entertainment value that is strictly centered towards the 18-34 male demographic. With no apologies in sight, the X-WA has been a brash, ultra-controversial, "Shock & Awe" style of promotion that set out to "change the pace" of Pro Wrestling today. As stated before, the companies like the SWF, TCW, and USPW.... They are a dying breed. Their superstars lack the ability to change with the times & ultimately transcend their "sport" week in and week out. However, that's what we are setting out to do.... Starting a revolution that will span across the globe... Bringing wrestling BACK to its innate sense of evolution. Every decade the industry seems to find a way to evolve with the times... We, the X-WA, are the catalysts of the "Next Wave"... We are the Militia awaiting to overthrow the Traditional sense of slow paced "Rest & Hold" wrestling approaches.

So, why does "Reckless Ascent" factor into our current being? It's really quite simple. With every PPV event, We look to out do the last one. Some say that this could pose for "letdown" among the masses as it's extremely hard to continue on such a challenging path.... however... We embrace it. This next PPV is not only the "ascension" of the X-WA... however... Also, the "evolution" of the superstars of tomorrow... The Vicente Marquez's, Stric Lee Bizness's, Kill Switch's, "Next-Gen-Trio's", etc... These men are the future of the United States pro wrestling scene... "Reckless Ascent" will be their platform for greatness!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/rumors.jpg

+ Is William Kingsbury III being forced back into the X-WA? Rumor is that his Father's well-publicized appearance on "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg" this week could be centered around that very notion. We all know that William is essentially an asset of the Kingsbury Family and if his Father intends to have him continue to compete for the X-WA, not allowing him to back out on his promises and ultimately hurt the Kingsbury name, then I'm guessing this rumor could very well be true.

+ Another week grows closer and the new #1 Contender to the X-WA X Championship is still hanging in the balance.... Rumor is that Nemesis has already made his decision on who will be the next challenger to face off against Acid at "Reckless Ascent". All signs point towards the fact that we will find their identity this week on "Blitzkrieg".

+ Rumor is that a big SWF name may be defecting from the Global juggernaut when his contract runs up at the end of the month. This superstar has expressed interest in the X-WA and could potentially ink a deal as soon as next week.

+ Is a Second Generation Star on his way to the X-WA? There is a rumor floating around that a big named superstar might be on his way to the X-WA shortly.

+ Has Hell Monkey decided to walk out on the company? With the fact that he is currently juggling 3 PPA contracts around the world.. Rumor is that Hell Monkey may be looking to lighten his load and stay primarily in Japan. Only time will tell.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/untitled3-1.jpg

The match-up to watch this week on "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg" has to be the potential break-out affair between "demonic misfit" and "Circus Member", Kill Switch, and the Indy Wrestling Legend, Steve Flash. This would mark the first time these two men have ever stepped into the ring with one another and you can bet that both of these men are pushing for the victory.

The match is set to be a true "wrestling clinic" between two of the most proliferate technicians in the wrestling industry today. The only thing that could derail this epic match-up would be the interference of the dubious "Next-Gen-Trio".... Their warfare with Steve Flash has no end in sight... And after last week's memorable save by Steve's son, Mathew, the "Next-Gen-Trio" is most likely set on finishing what they had originally started.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/website-1-1.jpg

NEWS: Acid signs with Touring INSPIRE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/Acid.jpg

Acid officially signed a short term PPA contract with the Japanese touring promotion, INSPIRE, today. The former DaVE superstar has seen a spike in his popularity since the companies closure in late 2007, this is evident through the fact that he currently works for 3 different companies based both in the U.S. and Japan (X-WA, WLW, and now INSPIRE).

Those within the WLW and X-WA have made it apparent that they are not entirely "thrilled" with Acid's decision to take on, yet another, promotion as he's had his overall health diminish lately due to "over-working".

With that being said, however, Acid's first INSPIRE even is due to take place in the next week.

Writer's Note:

I typically wouldn't post stories like this (ie: X-WA superstars signing tourning contracts, working for other companies internationally,etc.), however, when it plays into the overall game then I certainly will.

In this case, I've had a lot of troubles with booking Acid as of late as his health has diminished greatly recently and was showing signs that he may end up injured as of result. I started to strip back the amount of bookings that I've put together for him... Trying to keep him as part of the show through angles... however, without any ability on the mic.. It's grown to be very hard.

Now with him wrestling with INSPIRE as well I'm expecting for him to come away with an injury sooner or later here. I can continue to strip back his bookings, however, I don't want to ultimately hurt my diary in doing so. So, I'm stuck in this "catch 22" position where I don't want to keep Acid out of action consistently... however... I also don't want to lose him to Injury for a few months due to "over-working".

Needless to say... I've got to find a way to make this work!

Cheers.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/XWA2.jpg

X-WA "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg" - TV Event

Tuesday, 1st Week of May 2008 (Shown on TV on Thursday)

The X-WA Arena (Tri-State)

Angle: Who can overcome the Undefeated Champion?...

Grade: B-

Typically, "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg" opens with a low-quality highlight video showing some of the greatest spots in X-WA history thus far, however, tonight would be much different. At the onset of the show... A video was shown hyping the X-WA X Champion, Acid. The overall tone of the video would perpetuate the notion that Acid is "unbeatable" in the X-WA. In dramatic fashion, The video would show Acid's conquests over the last few months... mowing over his opponents with an un-matched dominating force. As the video would come to a close... A slow frame shot of Acid was shown.... All the while we hear a soundbyte from X-WA announcer, Steve Smith, questioning... "Who will be the NEW #1 Contender to the X-WA X Championship?". The video package would slowly fade to black.... Signaling the begining of "Blitzkrieg".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/SilverShark.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/vs.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/ChampagneLover.jpg

The opening match of the night was an all-out aerial affair between two of the most loved X-WA superstars. Silver Shark, coming off of a brief "off-air" stint, was argueably the underdog as Vicente Marquez has gained a lot of momentum recently and is undoubtabely the "Golden Child" of the company. Their pairing made for a fast paced, back and forth, kind of match-up.... With both men having just about the same amount of offense. The big difference between the two was the fact that, while Marquez used an array of aerial spots through out the match, Vicente used his size as an advantage... Overpowering Shark at several turns... Even breaking a few holds brought forth by Shark with a mere shrug of strength. At one point, Silver Shark was on the verge of exicuting a tornado DDT off the top rope... Only for Marquez to catch Shark in mid-air... Instead... Planting him on his back in the middle of the ring with a thunderous spinebuster! From there, Marquez found the inner-strength to overcome his opponent... Leaping to the top rope in one swift movement and landing a flipping leg drop from the top... Landing 2 full rotations before slamming his right leg across the neck of Silver Shark! Shark would flop around the ring for a few seconds... holding his neck in pain... As Vicente finishes the match off with a cradled pinfall for the 3 count.

Winner: Vicente Marquez over Silver Shark in 9:39 via pinfall.

Grade: D+

Angle: Our New #1 Contender... or maybe not...

Grade: D+

Shortly after Vicente Marquez is victorious over the international superstar, Silver Shark, we are treated to the arrival of the X-WA Owner, Nemesis, into the X-WA Arena. The crowd pops like crazy for "The Fallen Angel of the SWF" as he enters the ring to a much deserved "Thank you" chant from the entire fanbase in attendance. While in the ring with a smiling Vicente, Nemesis was heard hyping up his young up-and-comer... Calling his recent string of matches "absolutely amazing" and even toting the youngster as the "future of the X-WA". It's easy to see that Marquez, while very grounded due to his rocky path to get to this point, is on "cloud nine" as even he knows what is coming next...

Nemesis, extending a hand in the process to make it official, was heard offering the #1 Contendership to the X Championship to Vicente Marquez! The crowd is eating this entire segment up like it was a $50 steak dinner only to have it all come crumbling down seconds before Marquez would make it official with a returned handshake...

Just as he goes to do so... A live video is shown on the enterence way flat screen... The feed seems to be coming from a basic handheld digital device... However, the operator is basically a novice... Shaking the camera around as you hear voices rumbling in the background. Both Marquez and Nemesis look to the TV screen wondering what could be happening, however, expecting it to be a technical error of sorts. However, this would prove to be more than just a technical error... The operator of the camera is able to bring the lens level now as we see Jack Griffith is the one holding the camera. From a close up shot of his face (as he is seemingly holding the camera up with his right hand... leveled away from his body)... Griffith would greet both Marquez and Nemesis in an overly awkward fashion. Marquez, now with his hands on his hips as if to say "Jesus Christ, I thought I was done with you", would slowly shake his head while mouthing "you have to be kidding me" in the process. However, the tone was about to change...

Just then Griffith would switch the view of the camera in a shaky fashion to show a young women tied up in a bound cattle position on a standard flowered hotel bed. Marquez, squinting to see who the person may be, all of a sudden turns white... His eyes grow wider... his jaw slowly drops... And his body language would shift from true happiness to utter fear. The girl on the bed, bound and unable to escape from Griffith's grasp, is none other than Marquez's real life girlfriend... Jennifer Heat.

Griffith, realizing the impact of this image, would begin to engage in a fit of psychotic laughter... Finally, letting out a sarcastic response thanking Marquez for leaving "the love of his life unattended". Griffith would continue on with a stint of philosophical banter... Noting that Jennifer was awaiting Marquez's return from the show tonight so they could continue their "celebration" based upon his rising success within the X-WA. Marquez, a complete wreck at this point, is yelling at the top of his lungs... on his knees in the ring... Seemingly a broken man already... Knowing what Griffith is capable of.

In the end, Jack would inform Vicente that he COULD see his lovely girlfriend again... however... he would have to do everything that Griffith said.... Startingw with Griffith telling Marquez to leave the ring and wait by his cell phone for further instructions. The video would come to an abrupt close as the fans within the arena are completely silent... Shocked as to what they just saw. Meanwhile, Marquez, without any sense of thought, would instantly slide out of the ring and practically run through the enterence way and into the backstage area in a purely frantic fashion.

This would leave Nemesis standing alone in the middle of the ring... All by himself. He was seconds from crowning the new #1 Contender now ontly to be back at square one.... All the while... Vicente Marquez is on the verge of a nervous breakdown backstage....

Angle: Acts of Frustration rising...

Grade: E+

We cut backstage now to see the war-torn Trio of Hell Monkey, Enygma Extreme, and American Elemental getting ready for their Three-Way match-up tonight. Everything seems to be quite normal until tensions start to flare between Hell Monkey and Enygma Extreme. This doesn't come as too much of a shock to anyone as these two men have had their fair share of negative interactions despite being members of the same Trio. Both men move on past the original topic that started the fight and now turn to a smattering of "pot-shots"... Blaming one another for their previous losses versus the X-WA Six Man Champions, "The Circus". In the end, American Elemental is seen stepping in between the two rage-filled superstars as it seems that their war of words has subsided... For now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/FumihiroOta_alt.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/vs.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/DavisWayneNewton.jpg

Fumihiro Ota vs. Francios Cartier w/ "The Next-Gen-Trio"

When the card first came out... Who would have thought that these two superstars would carry the best match of the night? To be honest, most would have written this match off as yet another squash match for a Main Eventer looking to show that he's a "true threat" to the X Championship, however, Francios Cartier would not only push Fumihiro Ota to the limit.. but also seemingly had his "break-out" in the X-WA at the same time. Overall, the match itself carried a high paced technical approach... Both men using their overwhelming knoweldge of suplexes and submission holds to slow the other down. While it may be seen as one of the "slower matches" (pace wise) in the X-WA... It was still leaps and bounds above the SWF's "grandpa pace" that most of their matches feel, and look, like.

The two would push eachother to the brink and back... with Francios Cartier gaining the upper hand on a few occasions with help from his buddies, Joss Thompson and Jacob Jett, at ringside. Ota found himself having to not only match up against a dangerous opponent.. but also had to deal with his cronies at the same time. This would pose to be a challenging process for the cruiserweight stand-out, however, in the end... It was Fumihiro Ota's veteran savvyness that came away as his best, and most impactful, tool. As Cartier was attempting a standard snap suplex... Fumihiro Ota was able to block the move just before Cartier could lift Ota off of his feet... After another failed attempt... Ota was able to reverse Cartier's standard suplex into a Bow & Arrow Suplex of his own... Finally picking up the three count with said moves impact/pinfall combo.

Winner: Fumihiro Ota over Francios Cartier in 9:50 via pinfall.

Grade: C+

Angle: You could have gotten yourself killed...

Grade: C-

As we come back from a short commercial break about the X-WA's upcoming PPV Event, "Reckless Ascent", we are treated to the sight of Mathew Flash walking into the locker room area. While this would pose to be a very risky decision by Mathew, not an X-WA employee and even "barred" from the X-WA Arena in some aspects, the riskier decision would come seconds later as he engages in conversation with his Father, Steve Flash. Steve, utterly pissed off at his Son for what he had just done at the close of the Cartier/Ota Match, rips into his unruly Son... going so far as to say that Mathew could have "gotten himself killed out there." Mathew, not happy with his Father's reaction, confronts his Father... Stating that he is an adult and can ultimately take care of himself. That exchange alone would push most Family's into an all-out verbal altercation... However, it doesn't stop there...

Mathew also goes on to inform his Father that he wants to become a Professional Wrestler... Follow in the Family tradition. Steve, absolutely fuming over his Son's overall attitude, shoots down the idea of Mathew professionally stepping into a wrestling Ring... Citing that "This industry is not for Children... I can't watch over you all the time... Make sure that you're okay... You're going to end up hurt." Mathew doesn't seem to care what so ever, however, as he insists that his Father speak to the X-WA Owner, Nemesis, about giving him a shot to compete in the X-WA.

As his Father continues to rage over the decision at hand, Mathew would make a last ditch effort to turn the tides of the conversation... Revealing that this has been a thought process of his for years now... and that his run-in on "The Next-Gen-Trio" posed the perfect opportunity to "push him over the edge". Mathew, now trying to calm his Father down by changing his overall tone, would, once again, plea to his Father... Hoping that Steve will "see the light" and not only give his blessing, but also talk to Nemesis for him (knowing that Steve carries serious Clout within the X-WA)... However, his wishes go un-heard by the Indy Wrestling Legend as Steve is promptly heard telling Mathew to "Go Home".

Steve's body language turns to that of defeat as he turns away from Mathew... not looking him in the eyes what so ever... And re-addressing the notion for him to "Go Home". Mathew, shocked by his Father's response, slowly starts to shake his head in dissaproval... However, instead of continuing the fight... Decides to back away and leave the locker room area.

The segment comes to a close as Steve Flash is seen taking a seat on a steel chair off to his right... His body language loose and heavy... He lands in a heap on the chair below... Digging his face into his hands and rubbing his forehead... All signs of true stress.

Angle: Who do you expect to face... Champ?...

Grade: C

X-WA announcer, Jonathan Owens, is backstage looking for the X Champion, Acid, at this point. The cut-throat journalist that he is, Owens, finally seeks out the menacing superstar in a darkened hallway of the X-WA Arena. Acid, seen with his back to the camera, is standing absoultely motionless... Not a single movement from his body. As Owens goes to ask him a question about who expects to face at "Reckless Ascent"... The X-WA X Champion is seen spinning his upperbody around ever so slowly (like something you would see out of a horror film just as they've walked in upon the monster in question). Owens, making eye contact with the animalistic monster that is our Champion, slowly begins to back away from the situation... Knowing quite well that you never make eye contact with the Evil Incarnate himself. As Owens slowly back peddles out of the Hallway in complete silence... Acid is seen sporting a devilish snarl from ear to ear. A commercial break slowly begins to take hold now as a close up shot of the X-WA X Champions demonic face is shown for the viewers at home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/AmericanElemental.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/vs.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/MarioHeroic_alt.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/vs.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/HellMonkey.jpg

[Three Way Match - "Texas Tornado" Style Match]

[Elimination Rules]

With tension rising between Trio members Enygma Extreme and Hell Monkey this match was boiling over to be a dramatic match-up. All three men are considered to be "up-and-coming" superstars in the X-WA and all three men are also coming off of a brief stint as a semi-successful Trio. However, it was their stint as a war-torn Trio that would ultimately set the stage for tonight's actions. Hell Monkey and Enygma Extreme found themselves turning their verbal warfare into an all-out physical personification of their internal annoyance with eachother. Their strikes became harder... stiffer... more ferocious with every second that goes by... Through out the match, their back and forth violent exchange of fists would define the entire match. Even when American Elemental would look to take control of the match... He would eventually get pushed aside and forgotten about as the other two continued to wail away on eachother. AE, never afraid from a fight, wouldn't allow this to keep him out of the action, however, as American Elemental was fortunate enough to benefit from his opponents blind rage for eacother. At one point, All three men went crashing to the outside as AE landed a high cross body splash on both Monkey and Extreme as they initially ignored his attack and tried to continue with their own... This would have all three men crash onto the cement below... However, not bad enough to keep them off their feet. A three way brawl would ensue until AE was smart enough to roll back into the ring around the count of 6.... Thinking he would see his fellow opponents do the same... however... That wouldn't be the case. Hell Monkey and Enygma Extreme continued to brawl on the outside... Taking cheap shots on one an other and also whipping one an other into the steel steps/gaudrail through out the rest of the referees 10 count. In the end, American Elemental would win via count-out with both men eliminating eachother from the match-up as they were more so pre-occupied with their own one on one fight versus focusing in on American Elemental as well.

Winner: American Elemental over Enygma Extreme and Hell Monkey in 13:46 via double count-out. The order of elimination wouldn't come into play as both Enygma Extreme and Hell Monkey were eliminated at the same time when neither were able to climb back into the ring before the referees ten count.

Angle: You chose your Addiction over Success...

Grade: D-

A frantic Vicente Marquez is seen pacing back and forth in the locker room area... Practically pulling his hair out from the roots, all the while envisioning the love of his life, Jennifer Heat, in the clutches of the psychotic Jack Griffith. Other X-WA superstars (ie: Silver Shark, Fumihiro Ota, Mikkel Drago, Ultimate Phoenix, and The Cyclone) stand along side the distraught superstar as Vicente can't seem to stand still. The thought of Jennifer being subjected to Griffith's psychosis seemingly pushes Marquez over the edge as he itches for his phone call... A chance to make sure that she is unharmed and okay.

Just then.... Marquez's cell phone begins to ring. Vicente, practically jumping out of his shoes, instantly flips his phone open and aggressively gets to the point.. Demanding that Griffith release Jennifer even before Jack can make a sound on the other end. Griffith, in full control of the situation, filled the airwaves with uncontrollable laugther... Following this with a simple response of... "You know it isn't going to end that way, Vicente...".

While on the phone Vicente would ask to speak to Jennifer, however, that proposal was instantly dismissed by the unstable Griffith. Instead, Jack informs Marquez that the ONLY WAY he will ever see his beloved girlfriend again is if he "follows the rules". Vicente, almost in a blind rage and unable to comprehend what is truly being said, spouts off in anger threatening Jack in the process and ultimately dropping his "happy-go-lucky" mentality. This would send Griffith into, yet another, eery stint of laughter... Pushing Jack to unvail the reason why he abducted the innocent girlfriend of his supposed arch-nemesis... Vicente Marquez.

Griffith makes it clear that he abducted Jennifer so that Marquez would be forced to chose between his success.... and his addiction... Citing that Love can often be classified as an un-healthy addiction... An addiction he never endugled in. Griffith, with a sense of calmness to his voice, relays to Marquez that he had already taken his first step in chosing his Addiction (his love for Jennifer) over his own success.. Citing that Marquez had just walked out on the X-WA Owner who was on the verge of offering him a X Championship Match at their upcoming PPV Event. Fighting back another psychopathic stint of laughter... Griffith would back handedly commend Marquez for making the "same decision that he once made"... Chosing his addiction over his own personal success.. However, also noting that, like we saw with Griffith's career, he'll have to walk a fine line between recklessness and insanity... Ultimately pushing to the point where he will most certainly lose his career... his mind... and even his grip on reality.... due to his Addiction.

In the end, Griffith would cut off Marquez's feverish attempt to name where they are... Only to inform him to stay by his cell phone because next week... Griffith will leave him a riddle... A riddle that will eventually lead Marquez to where he (Jack Griffith), and his (Marquez's) lovely girlfriend Jennifer, currently reside.

In what has to be the lonliest moment in Vicente's life... Jack Griffith hangs up the phone... Leaving him without the love of his life... His addiction as Jack put it... Without any sense of how to regain control of the situation.... However, gripping the phone so tightly in an effort to subconciously take ahold of the scenario at hand...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/ShooterSeanDeeley_alt.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/vs.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/UltimatePhoenix.jpg

[X-WA Arena Championship Match]

In one of the most "under the radar" storylines in the X-WA, Stric Lee Bizness set out to defend his newly won Arena Championship up against the former champion, Ultimate Phoenix. There was absolutely no love-loss between these two, however, Ultimate Phoenix didn't come into the match with a sense of rage behind him. Instead, he came into their bout with nothing less than complete focus. His every move was a calculating advance... A true well thought-out approach by the former Champion... And it paid off from the get-go... Phoenix was seen in control of the match very early on as the new champion struggled to find his niche. It wasn't that he wasn't prepared... or that he wasn't focused enough (As Stric Lee Bizness is quite possibly the most cold and calculating fighter in the X-WA)... It was just a matter of Ultimate Phoenix delivering his "A" game from the very start of the match. While he looked like he could do no wrong... This image would slowly begin to fade... As Stric Lee Bizness found a way to zero in on the left knee of Phoenix. After what felt like hours, Stric Lee had worked over Phoenix's knee enough to hinder his sense of balance. Phoenix would try to continue to push the pace of the match, however, SLB had gained the upper hand... Slowing the match down to his desired pace by following every move with some sense of a submission hold. In the end, SLB was too much for Ultimate Phoenix to handle as the newly crowned X-WA Arena Champion pressed his shoulders to the mat for a three count using a lightning quick full-nelson belly-to-back suplex/pin combo. Phoenix would struggle to break free, however, Stric Lee had full control of the pinfall... Finishing the match off in a memorable fashion.

Winner: Stric Lee Bizness over Ultimate Phoenix in 15:51 via pinfall. This would mark Stric Lee Bizness's first successful title defense as Champion.

Grade: C

Angle: Pain becomes of him...

Grade: D

We cut backstage again to see Kill Switch standing along side X-WA announcer, Jonathan Owens, as his fellow "Circus" members (Whippy the Clown and Snap Dragon) are also seen standing behind him in a menacing fashion. Kill Switch directed his mic time directly at his upcoming opponent, Steve Flash, citing that the "over-glorified" Flash would fall victim to his own creation... What he meant by that was that Steve Flash would ultimately see his demise because of the war he's gotten himself into. In the end, Kill Switch comes across as the un-spoken leader of "The Circus" as both Whippy and Snap are digging through Whippy's "Sack of Fun"... pulling out weapons in the process.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/FrankiePerez_alt1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/vs.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/SteveFlash_FIN10.jpg

Kill Switch w/ "The Circus" vs. Steve Flash

Ever since Steve Flash stepped foot in the X-WA it seems like he's never really been able to get a fair shake in any of his matches. He always has to deal with outside influences in his matches... Always having to keep an eye on those around the ring... Almost always cutting out the chance at a "clean victory". However, with that being said, Steve has made a career out of making these kind of matches turn in his favor. Even when it's 3 on 1... He always seems to find that extra gear... That greater sense of being... in which to come away with the victory. Well, unlike his previous matches... This bout wouldn't end up being a 3 on 1 affair... Rather.... A 6 on 1 beat down.

Without any help from his Son (who he sent away earlier in the night), Steve Flash not only had to keep up with Kill Switch... But also had to stay away from both "The Circus" and "The Next-Gen-Trio" who all stood at ringside as well. At certain points through out the match, Flash was seen having to fight his way back into the ring... past a member of the two Trio's... And ultimately wearing himself down in the process. The referee tried to restore order through out the match, however, he only had one pair of eyes and 6 men who were all fighting for the same cause.

It was weird to see both "The Circus" and "The Next-Gen-Trio" working together in tandem as they really personify the different heel personas in the company. At one point Cartier & Whippy the Clown were seen double teaming on a fallen Steve Flash as he tried to pull himself back into the ring following a closeline over the top by Kill Switch. It was a truly unfair environment for Flash... but that didn't hold him down. The Indy Wrestling Legend still found a way to overcome all-odds... Coming close to victory on several occasions. The most noteable moment came when Flash was able to exicute his signature "Flash Bang" on Kill Switch in the right corner of the ring. However, as he went for the pinfall... Snap Dragon & Whippy the Clown pulled the unconcious Kill Switch under the bottom rope and out of the ring.

In the end, The numbers proved to be too much as the "Dark Horse Superstar", Kill Switch, was fortunate enough to land the biggest victory of his life... Connecting with a leaping superkick to the jaw of Steve Flash as he hit the ropes. As Flash fell to the mat in a thunderous heap... Kill Switch would take advantage of his slipping state of conciousness.. And ultimately pick up the shocking three count!

Winner: Kill Switch over Steve Flash in 10:43 via pinfall.

Grade: C-

Angle: Welcome Back... Against your wishes...

Grade: C+

As "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg" came to a close, the Final Segment could be summed up in one two words... "Forced Obedience". William Kingsbury III, along with Vladimir, would make his shocking return to the X-WA Arena along side his Billionaire of a Father, William Kingsbury II. William (the Son) carried himself rather poorly... His body language reeked of a "broken spirit" as he slowly walked behind his Father... Staring at the ground during the entire process. The three of them would slowly enter the ring, William's Father seen shooting evil looks at his Son as he informs him to "grow up" on several occasions, as they are welcomed by the X-WA Owner, Nemesis, already standing in the ring.

Williams' Father would instantly shake Nemesis's hand, a move that would no-doubt piss off his Son in the process (but he doesn't care... His son just sucks up his Money anyways and whines when he has to do any sort of "real work"), as Kingsbury's X-WA theme music would come to a close. Now, hearing small pockets of fans chanting "F*ck you" directed at William, William's Father would take the mic and cut straight to the point... Proclaiming that his Son, William Kingsbury III, will rejoin the X-WA affective immediately. This would send the crowd into a crazed buzz as Nemesis looks over at his, now once again, employee and mouth the words "welcome back". All in all, William's Father makes it known that his Son has never worked a hard day in his life... Rather floating by for most of his childhood... taking advantage of his "daddies money" and showing nothing for it. With that being said, William Kingsbury II is sick and tired of his son's antics and feels that his choices have ultimately stained the Kingsbury name... (something he can't stand for).

William is absolutley beside himself, pissed off about being forced back into the X-WA, as he looks to be on the verge of, yet another, Kingsbury tantrum. however, it would get even more interesting from here.... William's Father, realizing that he is currently in damage control for the Kingsbury estate, made a proposal to Nemesis... Calling on him to grant his Son an X Championship Match (Knowing that the Championship Gold would smooth things over for all parties and ultimately save the Kingsbury name in the press)... This proposal wouldn't last very long as the X-WA Owner instantly shoots it down. He does, however, offer a counter proposal to William himself...

With a confident grin on his face, Nemesis, informs Kingsbury that he is STILL in the middle of his "From the Bottom - Up Challenge" despite originally leaving the company... But... He offers him an "outlet"... William seems interested as Nemesis proclaims that William can have his beloved title shot... IF... He can defeat Nemesis at the upcoming May PPV, "Reckless Ascent", without the services of the family bodyguard, Vladimir. The crowd is buzzing like crazy right now as we await William's response... The youngster looks as if he is about to storm out of the X-WA Arena, for a second time, however, before he can do so... His father snaps his head around and forces William to stay put... Instead, William's Father, William Kingsbury II, spins back around to look Nemesis in the eye... Extending his hand and declaring - "you've got a deal".

The X-WA crowd is going aboslutely crazy now as it's officially been set... William Kingsbury III w/o Vladimir vs. Nemesis at "Reckless Ascent".... If Kingsbury wins... He gets his beloved X Championship Shot!

The show would come to a close now as William Kingsbury III is seen throwing a temper tantrum around the ringside area as his Father leans through the ropes yelling down at him as if he was a 5 year old.

Overall Show Grade: C

X-WA Arena Attendance: 3,469

"Blitzkrieg" TV Rating: 0.38 (+0.05)

Prediction Winner(s): jtnlange (5 out of 5!!!). First time ever!!

Show Notes:

* Both American Elemental and Hell Monkey are in need of rest. They could end up with an injury sooner or later here due to the amount of matches they've wrestled between the X-WA and their other employers.

wow, great show Eisen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the storylines youre pushing right now. Between Kingsbury/His Father/Nemesis, Marquez/Griffith, Steve Flash/Mathew, and the Hell Monkey trio imploding.

Just got done reading it all, just simply amazing!

wow, great show Eisen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the storylines youre pushing right now. Between Kingsbury/His Father/Nemesis, Marquez/Griffith, Steve Flash/Mathew, and the Hell Monkey trio imploding.

Just got done reading it all, just simply amazing!

Thank you CZCW! For awhile there I didn't know if anyone had checked out the show or not. hah. There are soo many great diaries on this board that it seems to be really hard to fight for viewership. This is only my first Diary, So I'm sure that I have to prove myself before people will consistently come back and check out the shows! maybe in a few months or so.

Thank you for your kind words though. I'm really happy with how the X-WA has unfolded to this point... There are three strong storylines pushing forward right now (Griffith/Marquez/Heat) ,(Kingsbury/His Father/Vlad/Nemesis) and (Steve Flash/Mathew Flash/"Next-Gen-Trio"). You could even throw in Hell Monkey's trio demise as a thought out storyline going ahead. All in all, with so many storylines going ahead.... I may need to look into potentially changing my product level to 70% for match/angle ratio for TV shows as I'm running out of time in most shows.

Great to hear from you!

Cheers.

Eisen

Man good stuff. Unhappy with Flash losing to Kill Swtich even if I am a Perez fan but knowing Flash he put Frankie over without complaint. SLB vs Phoenix great match. Was expecting Marquez to move on after AE got involved with Griffith but the Jeniffer Heat thing was a great twist that surprised even me. Can't wait to see what matches end up on the PPV.

Man good stuff. Unhappy with Flash losing to Kill Swtich even if I am a Perez fan but knowing Flash he put Frankie over without complaint. SLB vs Phoenix great match. Was expecting Marquez to move on after AE got involved with Griffith but the Jeniffer Heat thing was a great twist that surprised even me. Can't wait to see what matches end up on the PPV.

I was going back and forth about whether or not to have Flash lose, however, in the end... it seemed most fitting. It was practically 6 on 1, Steve Flash is still recovering from injury in a sense (also dealing with his Son's drama), and on top of that... The guy hasn't lost really any matches since joining the company. So, all in all, It seemed like the right point in which to give the "rub" to a younger superstar on the rise. Also, it made it easier that Flash didn't raise a "stink" about it at all either... I was half expecting it, however, the guys a class act in the game... Would probably want to see a younger superstar get a chance at the top.

As for Marquez... his feud with Griffith really defines what I'm trying to do with the X-WA. Creating a compelling storyline with more of a "movie" feel to it than a "you beat me... Lets fight" kind of mentality. I'm not sure how long they will continue to go, however, I'm really excited to go ahead with booking the storyline as it currently stands. Getting Jennifer involved really brought the feud to a whole new level as now Griffith can start to show Marquez his inability to chose success over his addiction (his love for Jennifer)... Making it seem like Vicente is going down the same path that Griffith once did.

Thanks for the insight Apu! :D You have no idea how much I appreciate it. haha. may sound stupid or hokey but it's true. This show was the catalyst for a lot of upcoming storylines, matches, etc... And I was hoping that people would give it a read and let me know what they thought! Makes it much easier to sit down and write up a show when you feel that others will check it out (They don't even have to like it.. haha.. I don't mind. Just as long as they give it a read).

Cheers.

STORY: Nemesis makes his return to the ring at "Reckless Ascent".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/Nemisis_alt.jpg

[... The X-WA Owner makes his return to the wrestling ring in 2 weeks ...]

The X-WA has generated a heavy sense of internet buzz within the last 24 hours following our recent "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg" telecast. The reason being, most likely, was Nemesis's historic announcement that HE will be stepping back into the X-WA ring for "one night only" to face off against his disgruntled employee, William Kingsbury III.

A match of this kind of magnitude would carry enough weight as it is, however, there's more to the madness. If Kingsbury is able to defeat the X-WA Owner, an all around Wrestling Legend, then he will finally receive the X Championship match that he's been whining about since day one. However, he will have to do so without the services of his Family bodyguard, Vladimir. It's been noted that if Vladimir gets involved with their match-up then not only will Kingsbury lose his Championship shot... but... the X-WA will place a legally binding restraining order on Vladimir... Keeping him away from the X-WA Arena for the rest of 2008.

What does Nemesis gain in the altercation? No one really knows as this subjecet wasn't addressed towards the end of "Blitzkrieg". Chances are either we will hear more about the upcoming match from Nemesis's stand-point or the match may stay as it's currently constructed. All in all, our Legendary Leader... The X-WA Owner, Nemesis, will officially be stepping back into the ring for "one night only" to face off against William Kingsbury III at this months PPV event, "Reckless Ascent".

STORY: Trying to get a word from Vicente Marquez.

Vicente Marquez is in an extremely tough position... His real life girlfriend, Jennifer Heat, has been abducted by the very man who is hell-bent on destroying his life, Jack Griffith. To say the least, Marquez has been a complete wreck ever since it was made apparent that Griffith had broken into their personal hotel room and abducted the lovely Jennifer... Ultimately using her as a "pawn" in his devious little game of self-sabotage.

Following last night's telecast of "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg", X-WA Announcer, Jonathan Owens attempted to initiate an interview with the anxiety-stricken superstar. While the advance would only deliver a short soundbyte... It was enough to get a glimpse into the mind of a lost love.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/ChampagneLover-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zobeto1/X-WA/JonathanOwens-1.jpg

Jonathan Owens: Vicente... Vicente... can I get a word with you?

[Jonathan is seen chasing after Vicente Marquez as Marquez is seen staggering down an un-marked hallway of the X-WA Arena... using the wall as a crutch, in a way, as he looks to be absolutely beside himself physically and emotionally.]

Jonathan Owens: Vicente... I know this is a difficult time for you but...

[Jonathan taps Marquez on the right shoulder... Hoping this would generate the kind of empathy he was intending to display, however, it would only shock Marquez out of an apparent "dream state". Vicente, blinking like crazy while looking around at his sorroundings... As if he didn't even know where he was, begins to show signs that he is truly suffering from a momentary state of detachment.]

Jonathan Owens: Have you had a chance to speak to Jennifer? Is she okay? Are you okay? Do you know where they are?

[Vicente, now making eye contact with Owens, grabs his shirt in a forceful manor inwhich to pull him closer. This action is NOTHING like what we would expect from Marquez, however, he is certainly in the middle of a stressful situation. Marquez begins to speak now... inches from Jonathan Owen's shock-filled face.]

Vicente Marquez: He took her... That f*cking psychopath took Jennifer. [Gains a more feverish tone as it all continues to set in] I let the love of my life hang out on a string like a piece of bait... I should have been there.

Jonathan Owens: You had no idea he would do such a thing.... You know?

Vicente Marquez: Shutup, Owens. I don't need to hear it. The truth of the matter is the love of my life is being held against her will by a raging psychopath... Who knows what he will do to her... [His face starts to drop.. As if he is about to start crying] She was coming to America to celebrate with me... To enjoy the "fruits of my labor"... [A single tear starts to drop] I have to find her... She isn't safe with that monster!

[With that Vicente shoves Owens to the wall behind him in an act of frustration. Marquez, now running his hands over his face to whipe away the tears, continues down the hallway... Trying to call Jennifer's phone over and over again... Obessively... As the camera slowly fades to black.]

STORY: "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg" Card.

[2nd Week of May 2008

The X-WA has recently released their upcoming card for "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg". With all that has been going on lately in the X-WA, It's safe to say that this weeks episode could pan out to be something of a powderkeg waiting to blow.

The card is as follows:

Stric Lee Bizness vs. Vicente Marquez

[Non-Title Match]

Burning TAKA and The Cyclone vs. Whippy the Clown and Snap Dragon ("The Circus")

[2 vs 2 - Tag Team Match]

Jacob Jett w/ "The Next-Gen-Trio" vs. Steve Flash

American Elemental vs. Teddy Powell

|| "Blitzkrieg" Main Event ||

Fumihiro Ota vs. Kill Switch

[Winner is the NEW #1 Contender to the X Championship]

Also:

* William Kingsbury III holds a promo from the Kingsbury estate.

* Vicente Marquez receives a riddle from Jack Griffith on where he and Jennifer Heat are located.

* Will Mathew Flash appeal to his Father, once again, to speak with the X-WA Owner about potentially becoming a legit member of the company roster?

The X-WA is currently at a crossroads... Will Vicente Marquez find a way to free his beloved girlfriend from the hands of the Psychotic Jack Griffith? Who will walk away as the NEW #1 Contender to the X-WA X Championship... Fumihiro Ota... or... Kill Switch? Also, will Mathew Flash make, yet another, presentation to his Father about the possibility of following in his footsteps... Becoming a full-fledged pro wrestler?

These questions and many more will be answered this week on X-WA "Thursday Night Blitzkrieg".

Burning TAKA and The Cyclone vs. Whippy the Clown and Snap Dragon ("The Circus")

SLB is your Arena Champion but Vicente Marquez has become the golden boy of the X-WA. Maybe sets up a Arena title feud later on down the line after you move him past Griffith (Which to be honest, I'd love to see this feud go for quite some time)

TAKA and Cyclone don't stand a chance against 2/3 of the Six Man Champions.

Flash lost last week against Kill Switch so I don't see him losing this match. Hopefully you can make it feel new though as the Trio vs. Flash needs a little more life as of late.

I don't know why but I'm guessing that you're trying to move AE up the ranks.

While I would like to see Frankie Perez step into the main event scene i'm pretty sure that Ota will win. Setting up Ota vs. Acid, Part III.

I'm guessing this next show will set up more PPV matches as we only really have 2 clear cut matches set it seems (Kingsbury/Nemesis and Griffith/Marquez). I know you haven't announced the marquez match but i'm sure that their feud will come together again. Keep it up!

I hope this doesn't seem like a "cheap bump" :p as it's not my intention. I just wanted to genuinely thank everyone who has made this diary a consistent stop during their day. As i've said many times before, this is truly a labor of love for me and, for the first time, I'm actually enjoying my TEW game (I never knew doing a Diary would really make your game "jump off the screen". A lot of fun!)

All in all, I just wanted to thank all of you who stop by and give this diary a read. Hopefully it is to your liking! There is alot more to come from here on out! :D

Cheers.

I hope this doesn't seem like a "cheap bump" :p as it's not my intention. I just wanted to genuinely thank everyone who has made this diary a consistent stop during their day. As i've said many times before, this is truly a labor of love for me and, for the first time, I'm actually enjoying my TEW game (I never knew doing a Diary would really make your game "jump off the screen". A lot of fun!)

All in all, I just wanted to thank all of you who stop by and give this diary a read. Hopefully it is to your liking! There is alot more to come from here on out! :D

Cheers.

I'm all for writers discussing their diary out of character with their reader. Its something I do frequently in my diary, as I want the process to be a two-way communication between me and the reader, not a one-way street. So unless its blatantly a cheap bump, I don't think people will take umbrage with it.

Good to hear the diary is helping you get into the game more. I found the same thing. And its a sentiment that's been tossed about a few times on this board, but the whole process has to be something you enjoy. There has to be enjoyment in it for it be worthwhile, and you really need to be writing for yourself first and foremost.

Archived